Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
I "released" an EP Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 09:43 PM Reply

Hi there Newgrounds!

I uploaded I certain .rar to the internet. It's got music in it. Some people like to call it "releasing" stuff, album, ep or whatever. I'm not a label or a real band so I'm not releasing anything. I recorded a few songs in Abbey Road Studi... or was it my room? And I uploaded them somewhere on the internet and hopefully someone will listen to that entire thing.

I really started to hate all that. Internet taking the joy out of music, at least to me. Taking the joy out of listening to it and making it. I realized that I hate programmed drums, digital (dead and cold) sound of Guitar Rig and considering the song done when it's uploaded somewhere or everywhere. I want to play everything live. So I bought a new guitar, traded the old one for an amp and I started a real band.

Initially, these four songs were supposed to be a part of a full length album but with this new equipment I just can't get the same sound and I really wanted the songs to be connected. I uploaded the songs to Newgrounds as I was making them (every few months during the last year and a half).

The songs are some kind of progressive metal instrumentals. They have stylistic characteristics of metal but don't really have a "metal feel" to them. The songs are relatively short (two and a half to four and a half minutes) but every minute of music took me about a month of work. Not that it was hard, I enjoyed every minute of it.

When you download the EP you'll get a .pdf that has a different artwork for every track. All artwork was made by awesome artist named Vastus. Check his work at vastus.org
Covers are in this portrait format so someday when I release it for real it will be on a cassete tape :D

As I said all songs are on Newgrounds but you can listen to all of them on one page and download the EP with the pdf on my website.

Oh, it's called Everyday Blues EP. It doesn't have any blues on it :)

Thanks for reading, man ;)

DOWNLOAD LINK again :)

I "released" an EP

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 10:27 PM Reply

Man, that is some impressive artwork, massive kudos to your artist!

Checking out the music right now, really digging what I'm hearing. I'll get a full listen with my studio monitors when I get back home, but impressive stuff, man, keep it up!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 11:24 PM Reply

Your tracks are somewhat disjointed (mix-wise) but I like the concepts, you've made some pretty interesting tracks there.
I like the end of Stone Sleeper and the middle of A Short Trip (transition from slow to METAL!!). :P

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 05:08 AM Reply

At 7/15/13 10:27 PM, camoshark wrote: Man, that is some impressive artwork, massive kudos to your artist!

I'll tell him :D

Checking out the music right now, really digging what I'm hearing. I'll get a full listen with my studio monitors when I get back home, but impressive stuff, man, keep it up!

Thanks man, I think it should sound decent on those monitors ;)

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 7/15/13 11:24 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Your tracks are somewhat disjointed (mix-wise) but I like the concepts, you've made some pretty interesting tracks there.
I like the end of Stone Sleeper and the middle of A Short Trip (transition from slow to METAL!!). :P

Yes, they are a few differences in the mix of each song. One has a completely different bass guitar, some have symphonic elements and each has a different guitar playing since some were recorded during the spring, some during the winter and I guess that affects me :)
Anyway, thanks for listening ;)

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 06:33 AM Reply

*Chug chug chug, chug chug chug chug chug* xD

Some parts of the first track reminds me of the Red Alert 3 'heavier' type of soundtracks. That's alright because I love the Red Alert 3 soundtracks.

2:40 the tap - slide gave me an idea you was going to go into some sort of Guthrie style, that would of been a awesome surprise.

I have only listened to the first one so far and its pretty sweet, although I would go a bit heavier (but that is just me). xD

Great work.

CentralComposers - Cinematic, Hybrid and Soundtrack Sample libraries.

Sound Designer and Kontakt programmer.

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 06:44 AM Reply

At 7/16/13 06:33 AM, Bspendlove wrote: *Chug chug chug, chug chug chug chug chug* xD

Some parts of the first track reminds me of the Red Alert 3 'heavier' type of soundtracks. That's alright because I love the Red Alert 3 soundtracks.

I played only the first Red Alert and I guess the game soundtracks have changed a lot since then :D

2:40 the tap - slide gave me an idea you was going to go into some sort of Guthrie style, that would of been a awesome surprise.

This tapping was influenced more by Jeff Loomis :D

I have only listened to the first one so far and its pretty sweet, although I would go a bit heavier (but that is just me). xD
Great work.

Thanks ;) I used to do heavier stuff Hellride, 3884/x but now I'm old and not so angry :D

Sielumetsien
Sielumetsien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 11:27 AM Reply

Excellent metal. I love your track's transitions.

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 7/16/13 11:27 AM, Sielumetsien wrote: Excellent metal. I love your track's transitions.

Thanks man. I love you :D

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 08:08 PM Reply

Man, I love to see "real band" stuff on the audio portal. As a drummer, I've always been kind of outside the loop of the average audio user, because drums are normally the first to be replaced with a program. However, the texture of real drums and instruments is almost impossible to render properly.

BTW, you guys doing shows anywhere? My band can get gigs in Memphis and supply crash space.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 08:34 AM Reply

At 7/16/13 08:08 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Man, I love to see "real band" stuff on the audio portal. As a drummer, I've always been kind of outside the loop of the average audio user, because drums are normally the first to be replaced with a program. However, the texture of real drums and instruments is almost impossible to render properly.

This EP is all Drumkit From Hell but now I have a real drummer.

BTW, you guys doing shows anywhere? My band can get gigs in Memphis and supply crash space.

Thanks for the offer man, but Europe is too far from Memphis :D
At least for now ;)

JeanClaudeHitler
JeanClaudeHitler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 03:05 PM Reply

What ist this? This ist not real metal!!!!

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 7/17/13 03:05 PM, JeanClaudeHitler wrote: What ist this? This ist not real metal!!!!

Yes it is. It's trve and kvlt.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

Great tunes mate! Going to my iPod.

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 7/17/13 04:41 PM, Braiton wrote: Great tunes mate! Going to my iPod.

Woohoooo! I think that's the best thing any musician can hear :D

MDavidJohnson
MDavidJohnson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 02:39 PM Reply

I honestly could have sworn these type of posts were reserved for forum regulars, only. Not to be the guy in the back who calls foul, but since I can only find you've posted 21 or so posts in the forum before this advertisement thread, I'd like for a moderator to drop by and explain the rules further to me, because if that isn't the case, then I've seen great injustices on the BBS. Again, sorry if it seems as if I'm calling foul, but I'd really appreciate for a greater explanation of the rules so I can understand better, cause apparently, I'm not doing very well at understanding the rules as of right now.

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 7/18/13 02:39 PM, MDavidJohnson wrote: I honestly could have sworn these type of posts were reserved for forum regulars, only. Not to be the guy in the back who calls foul, but since I can only find you've posted 21 or so posts in the forum before this advertisement thread, I'd like for a moderator to drop by and explain the rules further to me, because if that isn't the case, then I've seen great injustices on the BBS. Again, sorry if it seems as if I'm calling foul, but I'd really appreciate for a greater explanation of the rules so I can understand better, cause apparently, I'm not doing very well at understanding the rules as of right now.

Read here.

"If you've been around for a long time but rarely post, you can come across as a regular."

I too wasn't sure about posting so I contacted a couple of moderators and they said it's ok.
You could've done the same thing.

MDavidJohnson
MDavidJohnson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 7/18/13 03:02 PM, Fleshbag wrote: Read here.

"If you've been around for a long time but rarely post, you can come across as a regular."

I too wasn't sure about posting so I contacted a couple of moderators and they said it's ok.
You could've done the same thing.

I appreciate you quickly clearing this up for me. Although, you have confirmed my allegations of great injustices on this advertisement topic. Thank you.

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 7/15/13 09:43 PM, Fleshbag wrote: Hi there Newgrounds!

It's really cool Flesh! You nailed it. The tone has a lot of character, airy in a way, like you created the illusion of some distance mic'ing I liked what I've heard so far.

If it weren't for the blues, there would be no rock or metal. Don't forget that!

Check it! :) //// Never stop making music. Play MOTORJOUST!!!Check it! :)

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 07:59 PM Reply

I appreciate you quickly clearing this up for me. Although, you have confirmed my allegations of great injustices on this advertisement topic. Thank you.

You are welcome. Always glad to help those who fight injustice!

Fleshbag
Fleshbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to I "released" an EP Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 7/18/13 07:10 PM, frootza wrote:
At 7/15/13 09:43 PM, Fleshbag wrote: Hi there Newgrounds!
It's really cool Flesh! You nailed it. The tone has a lot of character, airy in a way, like you created the illusion of some distance mic'ing I liked what I've heard so far.

If it weren't for the blues, there would be no rock or metal. Don't forget that!

Thanks man. Guitar Rig is a great tool but I need a break from it :)
And I'm not forgetting the origins of metal, I'm just saying there's no real blues there :)