00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Fractal Art

564 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My Fractal Art 2013-07-13 11:11:09

I post mostly music here, but I decided that maybe posting my old fractals wasn't a bad idea. I'm aware that fractal art isn't in the same level as illustrations in the eyes of most people, but I think they're nice. I'm not sure if too many people are interested in these around here, though.

Here's one:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/blacklawn/mirrored-s-misidentification?context=ratings:
etm.user:3725374.scouted:.offset:9

Response to My Fractal Art 2013-07-13 15:54:06

At 7/13/13 11:11 AM, Blacklawn wrote: stuff

pretty psychedelic and groovy but nothing too new or interesting, it would be impressive but considering modern technology its only really sub par, but if its any advice what the kids like to see these days is paintings and drawings of beloved characters and re-imaginings, quite alot of the big artists get by doing things like that, you know, such people as CypressDahlia and elsevilla granted its not just what they draw that gets them attention but its also how well they draw it, sure do your fractals, I ain't stopping ya, but what stands well in the art forum is good old character art, and not that horrifying OC nonsense on deviant art where kids go into MS paint and re-colour someone else's character designs and proclaims it to be theirs.

Response to My Fractal Art 2013-07-14 02:24:29

At 7/13/13 03:54 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 7/13/13 11:11 AM, Blacklawn wrote: stuff
pretty psychedelic and groovy but nothing too new or interesting, it would be impressive but considering modern technology its only really sub par, but if its any advice what the kids like to see these days is paintings and drawings of beloved characters and re-imaginings, quite alot of the big artists get by doing things like that, you know, such people as CypressDahlia and elsevilla granted its not just what they draw that gets them attention but its also how well they draw it, sure do your fractals, I ain't stopping ya, but what stands well in the art forum is good old character art, and not that horrifying OC nonsense on deviant art where kids go into MS paint and re-colour someone else's character designs and proclaims it to be theirs.

As I said in the first post, I'm aware that this is not the most popular style around here, but I felt like posting them anyway.

And what exactly is sub-par? My fractals or fractals in general? Either way, I disagree.

Response to My Fractal Art 2013-07-14 03:30:07

Successful fractals are difficult to make as you want to have the viewer stare long and feel satisfied not have them wince and become disoriented.
"Satisfaction" and "Azurean Domain" are very appealing as they tell a story despite them being very symmetrical.
Try not to submit pieces that are too similar to each other.

Response to My Fractal Art 2013-07-14 11:07:58

At 7/14/13 03:30 AM, Cairos wrote: Successful fractals are difficult to make as you want to have the viewer stare long and feel satisfied not have them wince and become disoriented.
"Satisfaction" and "Azurean Domain" are very appealing as they tell a story despite them being very symmetrical.
Try not to submit pieces that are too similar to each other.

Thanks. I like symmetry a bit too much, maybe, hehe...

I try not to overuse the same formula too many times, unless I see potential for interesting variation.