RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 05:54:19 Reply

At 7/13/13 05:43 AM, Deshiel wrote: It turned out pretty well. ;D
I like nearly every song in the compilation album, so I went to get my download at bandcamp.
But if I were to judge, my first place would belong to ForgotDawn, and the other places would go to Peter and Samulis. :D

Good job RF, I hope that we will have this contest again soon. :D

Awesome and yeah, thanks! We definately will, not soon but later this year :)

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 07:04:38 Reply

Congrats to all winners, and everyone who got on the album. Some of my personal favourites didn't end up on the album sadly, but others did, and I like all songs on that got placed in one way or the other.

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 07:21:40 Reply

At 7/13/13 07:04 AM, SourJovis wrote: Congrats to all winners, and everyone who got on the album. Some of my personal favourites didn't end up on the album sadly, but others did, and I like all songs on that got placed in one way or the other.

I was your personal favorite riiiight?!

A.i.m Audio Contest Results!

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 09:31:24 Reply

At 7/13/13 07:21 AM, Deshiel wrote:
At 7/13/13 07:04 AM, SourJovis wrote: Congrats to all winners, and everyone who got on the album. Some of my personal favourites didn't end up on the album sadly, but others did, and I like all songs on that got placed in one way or the other.

Sure

BBS Signature
HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 10:12:49 Reply

At 7/13/13 07:21 AM, Deshiel wrote:

2kyut4u

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 10:23:52 Reply

This was seriously an awesome contest. I'm happy to read that RF will be doing it again!

Looking back there were definitely quite a few entries I heard that really set the mood perfectly but didn't make the cut in the end which is sad. I think there should be more judges next time to more accurately resolve any potential voting discrepancies. I hope to see more diverse entries next time around.

Check it! :) //// Never stop making music. Play MOTORJOUST!!!Check it! :)

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 11:48:20 Reply

At 7/13/13 01:34 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 7/13/13 12:55 AM, Envy wrote:
Yeah, im going to be doing another in this contest series later this year! I had to narrow them down, take away songs I loved, made me really sad T_T but it was personal taste, atmosphere, mixing, the way it was written, and how it fits the artwork, that was my criteria. There was a lot of amazing songs :)

Definitely! And actually, I think that's why this is kind of important - I didn't see it mentioned on the original submission thread that the music must fit the artwork. This is an "art-inspired" audio contest, not a contest where we make a song solely to fit the piece.
It's kind of like an artist being inspired by another musician's work - the artwork may not appear directly connected to the song, but that's the point. They have derived their inspiration from it, which is different from creating the artwork to specifically fit the song, or the song to the artwork; they don't have to be connected.

I mean, it's really cool when both art and music end up going well together, but this was not clear, I believe. I did see a few reviews on some submissions about not fitting the artwork...and that bothered me because of this... so yeah, some clarification for next time would be great!

On another note, congrats to the winners! Good job, yes yes! ^__^

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 12:01:55 Reply

My only regret is not getting both reviews from both judges who did stuff

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 16:30:01 Reply

Congrats winners! Yall is cute :3

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 16:42:35 Reply

At 7/13/13 10:23 AM, frootza wrote: This was seriously an awesome contest. I'm happy to read that RF will be doing it again!

Looking back there were definitely quite a few entries I heard that really set the mood perfectly but didn't make the cut in the end which is sad. I think there should be more judges next time to more accurately resolve any potential voting discrepancies. I hope to see more diverse entries next time around.

Absolutely. The main problem was the third judge who had to "drop out" so that definitely affected things and made it all harder between me and HFX but we went on songs we both agreed on. Next time it may be me, her, and a couple other judges. I want around 4 next time and I've learned a lot from this contest so next time things go faster and smoother :)

At 7/13/13 11:48 AM, alternativesolution wrote:
Definitely! And actually, I think that's why this is kind of important - I didn't see it mentioned on the original submission thread that the music must fit the artwork. This is an "art-inspired" audio contest, not a contest where we make a song solely to fit the piece.

I mean, it's really cool when both art and music end up going well together, but this was not clear, I believe. I did see a few reviews on some submissions about not fitting the artwork...and that bothered me because of this...

I can understand, but we didn't just solely base it on that, you're right though, we mainly based it more on quality but how it fit the artwork is definitely a plus. Some of the songs that won didn't really fit the artwork all that well but they were still awesome tracks :)

At 7/13/13 12:01 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: My only regret is not getting both reviews from both judges who did stuff

awww :C well we had a real stretch towards the end, busy scheduling but I found a way that next time we can be better organized and things will go better, I may have you as a judge btw.

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 16:54:52 Reply

awww :C well we had a real stretch towards the end, busy scheduling but I found a way that next time we can be better organized and things will go better, I may have you as a judge btw.

so I've heard, about 5 times at this point, lol

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 16:56:06 Reply

At 7/13/13 04:54 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
so I've heard, about 5 times at this point, lol

Haha sorry. I think at this point I may as well say yes. xD

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-13 21:22:46 Reply

Hey guys, just sayin, you should post the video on stuff like facebook to show your friends and family what you were a part of :) i think people should see how awesome this album is. Seriously, you guys did an AWESOME job!

Spread it around, help each other get out there : ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67wmtxDmcH8

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-14 00:46:10 Reply

At 7/13/13 09:22 PM, RealFaction wrote: Hey guys, just sayin, you should post the video on stuff like facebook

Did that yesterday! :)

BBS Signature
newhansen
newhansen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-14 11:36:34 Reply

I managed to listen to all the songs. Congrats to all of the winners and runner-ups. All of the songs sound amazing!
I was suprised by all the excellent sounds used. All the classical instruments sound so real!

Warhector
Warhector
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-14 13:53:27 Reply

At 7/13/13 01:05 AM, Envy wrote:
At 7/13/13 01:00 AM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote:
At 7/13/13 12:55 AM, Envy wrote: So can we post our songs other places now?
I don't see why not Envy. :P

Also, do more funky dubstep remixes. xD
Haha when have I ever done a funky dubstep remix!? And congrats to all the winners!

Remix my funk! haha

dj-Jo
dj-Jo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-14 15:44:46 Reply

Congrats to the winners (:

So many good songs!!!

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?
Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-15 10:04:35 Reply

At 7/13/13 01:34 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 7/13/13 12:55 AM, Envy wrote:
Yeah, im going to be doing another in this contest series later this year! I had to narrow them down, take away songs I loved, made me really sad T_T but it was personal taste, atmosphere, mixing, the way it was written, and how it fits the artwork, that was my criteria. There was a lot of amazing songs :)
It's kind of like an artist being inspired by another musician's work - the artwork may not appear directly connected to the song, but that's the point. They have derived their inspiration from it, which is different from creating the artwork to specifically fit the song, or the song to the artwork; they don't have to be connected.

I mean, it's really cool when both art and music end up going well together, but this was not clear, I believe. I did see a few reviews on some submissions about not fitting the artwork...and that bothered me because of this... so yeah, some clarification for next time would be great!

On another note, congrats to the winners! Good job, yes yes! ^__^

Just to address this, I judged each piece on sound, composition, fit to art, and originality. Notably, those that went for the "fit the art" route got rewarded if they did very well, and those who decided to not necessarily fit the art, but get some sort of unique inspiration from it also got rewarded for it. I took into consideration that this is an "inspired by" contest. Of course, there are those that hit well on both originality and fit to art and got higher because of it.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-16 06:32:46 Reply

At 7/15/13 10:04 AM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote:

Just to address this, I judged each piece on sound, composition, fit to art, and originality. Notably, those that went for the "fit the art" route got rewarded if they did very well, and those who decided to not necessarily fit the art, but get some sort of unique inspiration from it also got rewarded for it. I took into consideration that this is an "inspired by" contest. Of course, there are those that hit well on both originality and fit to art and got higher because of it.

Yeah same, I'm wondering how we should go about this next time though, I've already been planning how it works while it's still in my head because holding this contest has inspired me for a few new things to change the next time but also, it will be more expansive and easier to contact the artists because you'll be working with them. I won't give away too much but I've told tidbits here and there to you guys. I'll say this much, instead, next time collabs WILL be allowed, so not as much restriction then :) My guess is it'll at least be a few months if not less before it starts up, we shall see.

I'll start posting the songs on a daily basis starting Friday or Saturday.

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-16 11:25:31 Reply

At 7/16/13 06:32 AM, RealFaction wrote: My guess is it'll at least be a few months if not less before it starts up, we shall see.

Please wait until the NGADM is complete. I think I would die trying to do both. o_o

Emid
Emid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-16 13:37:34 Reply

At 7/16/13 06:32 AM, RealFaction wrote:

Also, take the art work of inactive NG guys into consideration as well. I know the hitch is copyright but may be some good suggestion will help in this issue. Another thing is some artists, although they are active, but do not respond sometimes in time. Not every art can inspire you. Me and some other guys' had this problem and in my case only one responded in time.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-16 17:54:35 Reply

At 7/16/13 11:25 AM, BlazingDragon wrote:
At 7/16/13 06:32 AM, RealFaction wrote: My guess is it'll at least be a few months if not less before it starts up, we shall see.
Please wait until the NGADM is complete. I think I would die trying to do both. o_o

That would be so long though but hmm....does make me think. That's right before my birthday too when it ends :) hmm....you know, you're making a good point here. I entered the NGADM as well. With this said, the next contest shall be soon AFTER the NGADM then (which ends November 9th this year people).

However, a few weeks before the contest starts I want to get a sign up process going, but more on that later ;)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m Audio Contest Results! 2013-07-16 18:00:05 Reply

At 7/16/13 01:37 PM, Emid wrote:
At 7/16/13 06:32 AM, RealFaction wrote:
Also, take the art work of inactive NG guys into consideration as well. I know the hitch is copyright but may be some good suggestion will help in this issue. Another thing is some artists, although they are active, but do not respond sometimes in time. Not every art can inspire you. Me and some other guys' had this problem and in my case only one responded in time.

Yes I noticed. I think that is good but mainly my concern is placing this stuff on an album and I'm not sure if they would be ok with that or not. The next time though, you get to work WITH the artists :) but I will think about this for a while as you bring up a strong point. It is a shame about the artists not being as active on here. I'm going to put some time and thought into what the next contest will be until then.