00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2012 Tank Award Winners

23,266 Views | 55 Replies
Respond to this Topic

2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 11:56:46

You're just one click away:

Here are your 2012 Tank Award Winners!

Congrats to the winners! Everyone else - discuss!

Maybe now we'll finally get the Treasure Hunt wrapped up but before that we need to announce the winners for Robot Day and Game Jam 9. I just wrapped up my portion of the NATA Pro Round judging, expect those results next week too.

It's Follow Friday!

RaoulSinier released a new video this week and the song is stuck in my head.

Speaking of getting songs stuck in your head, I'm really hooked on Gamer ever since watching these videos by spacefader:

I've been listening to them on loop while working on an unannounced console game with JohnnyUtah.

Robot Day brought us the first non-Game Grumps 3D animated movie by Esquirebob! His 3D skills are really impressive and you should definitely keep a close watch.

We received another great Robot Day entry from SmokingRobot, who is new to NG and will hopefully be sharing some of his other animated works here!

A third robot-loving artist you should be following is Zictor. His Pip the Robot series is really clever.

Sinclarian released a cool GBA-style version of Sole Gunner for Robot Day.

All of his games are great and he deserves waaay more appreciation.

Speaking of game developers who deserve waaay more appreciation, if you followed I-Smel, you would have seen that he posted his own list of people to follow on Newgrounds! His suggestions are all great too so you should read that now that you're done reading this.

2012 Tank Award Winners

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:00:50

Totally called everything except for musician of the year. Congrats to all of the winners!!!!!!!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:03:06

Any particular reason as to why when I clicked on the link for the winners for the 2012 Tank Awards it sent me to the page but said I was logged out and had Luis in the box for the username?

At 7/12/13 11:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: Here are your 2012 Tank Award Winners!

Congrats to all the winners. I expected Lucky Day Forever and Abobo to win. Though I will admit I was surprised to see Deathink win User Of The Year.

Maybe now we'll finally get the Treasure Hunt wrapped up but before that we need to announce the winners for Robot Day and Game Jam 9. I just wrapped up my portion of the NATA Pro Round judging, expect those results next week too.

Hopefully we can get the Treasure Hunt out of the way so we don't have people complaining about that anymore...
I enjoyed the submissions from Robot Day though.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:05:00

Congrats to all of the winners!

I saw that Sole Runner demo on the site yesterday, but didn't play it until now. It's really good, people should check it out.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:19:52

At 7/12/13 12:03 PM, Viper50 wrote: Any particular reason as to why when I clicked on the link for the winners for the 2012 Tank Awards it sent me to the page but said I was logged out and had Luis in the box for the username?

Tom dun messed up.

None

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:24:24

At 7/12/13 11:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: You're just one click away:

Here are your 2012 Tank Award Winners!

HOLY CRAP! Thanks soooo much everybody! Been trying to win Game of the Year for ages. This feels like a major validation of all the work that went into Abobo's Big Adventure over the past decade. Thanks to all of you for the support and helping get the word out about the game. It really meant the world. Also, a huge thanks to Tom Fulp and the Newgrounds staff for believing in the project from day #1 and giving it so much support. And, of course, I couldn't have done it without my chums Bomtoons and Poxpower - so a huge thanks to them for going down that crazy 8-bit road with me.

I will do my best to prevent Abobo from crushing the Tankie under his mighty fists, but can't make any promises.

Thanks again everyone!

-Rog

2012 Tank Award Winners

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:25:44

Congrats winners! DeathInk you definitely deserved it! Lucky Day Forever was a deeply immersive experience.

Thanks for choosing Abobo as GOTY! I'm pleased as punch because the other game entries were all extremely solid. High five to Rog and Pox, WE DID IT! :-D

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:36:52

At 7/12/13 12:00 PM, ZJ wrote: Totally called everything except for musician of the year. Congrats to all of the winners!!!!!!!

Well to be perfectly fair, Kor-Rune was last year's NGADM champion, so I knew he'd get it. Buoy won the ADM of 2011, and I think there should be a logical trend as to who'd win musician of the year.

Congrats to the winners.

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:44:05

Congrats to the winners! Those results are spot on :) Really glad Abobo's Big Adventure won the game of the year. Loved dat shiz.

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 12:54:25

Congrats to the winners, great work!

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 13:00:02

Congrats to all the winners. :D

I am ashamed to say that I have never listened to Kor-Rune before now, but after listening to a tiny bit, I definitely see why he won Musician of the Year. Definitely good stuff.

Congrats to all the other winners as well. Definitely deserved it.

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 13:21:09

yes, so fucking happy kor-rune won. his music is amazing

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 13:36:49

Both of Spacefader's movies are orgasmic! Love the retro pixel art style and music choice, thanks for showing him off Tom!

Congrats to Deathink on user of the year, the guy definitely deserves it! Love your art and Cult Classic + The Ventures Fulp.

Abobo's Big Adventure was no doubt in my mind game of the year. Here's to another gargantuan project to be proud of! Great job Poxpower, Bomtoons and Mockery!

Just watched Obsolete

and all I can say is wow. The use of lighting was brilliant and the concept of machines carrying human emotions really cuts deep. Congratulations SmokingRobot, eager to view future submissions friend. Congrats to Sarkazm on winning movie of 2012!

Honestly, I haven't listened to any of Kor-Rune's music, but I'm making it a priority to get around to it sometime this week.

Hooray.

PARTY TIME

2012 Tank Award Winners

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 13:54:20

Congrats!!!! Great round of awesome there!

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 13:59:21

This is all well and good, congratz to everyone. But I WANT A GREENSCREEN VIDEO OF TOM ANNOUNCING THEM AGAIN!

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 14:27:48

At 7/12/13 01:59 PM, ZenithQuinn wrote: This is all well and good, congratz to everyone. But I WANT A GREENSCREEN VIDEO OF TOM ANNOUNCING THEM AGAIN!

Agreed. This should happen for 2013.

:)

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 14:53:50

Great job Deathink and Abobos Big Adventure! You are both amazing.

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 14:58:06

Congrats to the winners, and thanks for the shoutout! :D

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 15:19:55

The winners all deserved it, awesome stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 15:40:21

At 7/12/13 11:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've been listening to them on loop while working on an unannounced console game with JohnnyUtah.

Not any more--you just announced it! HAHAHAAA

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 15:55:52

I'm going to be the first one to say it, but I think deathink is kind of overrated.
Not that he doesn't contribute a great deal, but I think he's getting more credit than he deserves at times.

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 16:04:49

At 7/12/13 12:03 PM, Viper50 wrote: Any particular reason as to why when I clicked on the link for the winners for the 2012 Tank Awards it sent me to the page but said I was logged out and had Luis in the box for the username?

Oops that's fixed now.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 16:10:18

Oh yes, Lucky Day Forever is definitely one of the best movies to hit Ng of all time.

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 16:50:37

THANK YOU! It's truly an honor. You know I love y'all right?

2012 Tank Award Winners

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 19:03:59

Congrats to the 2012 Tank Award winners! ^_^

"I am a part of all that I have met."- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 19:38:54

The background for the tank award page is trippy! :D

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 20:12:00

Very cool presentation for the tank award winners. I fully agree with the submissions and users who got it, they TOTALLY earned it. Nicely done, NG!

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 20:27:50

USER OF THE YEAR?!
This is soooo fucking amazing!

I don't know if you heard, but I LOVE NEWGROUNDS... A LOT!

I don't really know what to write (and truthfully I am starting to get very drunk), so I will just take this opportunity to thank people who deserve it.

I would be here all day if I listed them by name, so I will just say "to all the user, YOUR AWESOME!Probably the coolest online community of all time, past , present and future". Its so refreshing to know that my art is being checked out by people with similar interests, people who's opinions I might just give a shit about.

To the staff and moderators "THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK", it is a lot of hard work, but you guys still go above and beyond.

To all the NEWGROUNDS veterans "You have my respect" you seen how important this place was before anyone else and were/are integral in its longevity.

And lastly (but not least) "Thanks Tom!" you are a constant source of inspiration. You are a true philanthropist and 1000x more deserving of this award.Thanks for everything!

I will leave you with my favorite quote from one of my all time favorite users...
"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone"-RicePirate

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 20:37:16

@poxpower
@mockery
@pestoforce
CONGRATULATIONS! It's (without a doubt) a work of art.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to 2012 Tank Award Winners 2013-07-12 22:56:15

Kinda was hoping Epic Battle Fantasy would take home the gold. Regardless congrats to the winners

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature