New Topic Respond to this Topic
Absilentia
Absilentia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-11 17:38:25 Reply

hello newgrounds community :) I make electronic metal music primarily in the styles of melodic folk and black, but am unsure if this place consists of anyone who is into that sort of thing. I won't post examples of my stuff here because I don't think that is allowed, correct me if i'm wrong. so in short, i'm just looking for people to either tell me to upload my music here, or just get the hell out haha

thanks

the answer to true cleanliness is human extinction. we are shit, and we breed so much, which only spawns more shit. either don't breed, or leave life.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-11 17:52:41 Reply

At 7/11/13 05:38 PM, Absilentia wrote: hello newgrounds community :) I make electronic metal music primarily in the styles of melodic folk and black, but am unsure if this place consists of anyone who is into that sort of thing. I won't post examples of my stuff here because I don't think that is allowed, correct me if i'm wrong. so in short, i'm just looking for people to either tell me to upload my music here, or just get the hell out haha

thanks

Yeah dude, if you're good, you'll find an audience here. I'm not good though, which is why I have no audience.

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-11 18:10:13 Reply

At 7/11/13 05:38 PM, Absilentia wrote: hello newgrounds community :) I make electronic metal music primarily in the styles of melodic folk and black, but am unsure if this place consists of anyone who is into that sort of thing. I won't post examples of my stuff here because I don't think that is allowed, correct me if i'm wrong. so in short, i'm just looking for people to either tell me to upload my music here, or just get the hell out haha

thanks

I made an uploaded a DSBM track awhile back and no one complained.
I'd say go for it, the more variety the merrier!

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-12 04:34:29 Reply

There's no harm in having diversity.
It won't get you followers that (them damn) spoofs/parodies get you or comedy stuff, but there are some metal heads (namely me) who would at the very least give it a listen to learn what it's all about.

Electronic/metal? *Thinks of Raunchy*

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
Sielumetsien
Sielumetsien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-12 09:18:38 Reply

At 7/11/13 05:38 PM, Absilentia wrote: hello newgrounds community :)

Another metalhead! Welcome! I think dark metal will make a very interesting genre on here.

Openwounds
Openwounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-12 13:21:45 Reply

Dude - all styles that aren't racist are allowed here.

Blah Blah Blah..

zeefae
zeefae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-12 18:17:38 Reply

At 7/12/13 06:03 PM, Absilentia wrote: thank you all for responding to my question :) i have decided to join. now to find the metalheads apart from the technoheads xD

Oh my gosh, I am so excited right now. I really would love for there to be a bigger metal community here. x'D
I'd love to hear your sounds.

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-12 18:23:14 Reply

Lots of people on NG love metal! Lots of people here make it too. We definitely accept all styles! One of the reasons why NG is so awesome.

Check it! :) //// Never stop making music. Play MOTORJOUST!!!Check it! :)

Openwounds
Openwounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to is dark metal-style accepted here? 2013-07-13 16:16:05 Reply

I had no idea that was a thing :S. I haven't submitted anything to NG in YEARS so..

At 7/12/13 06:26 PM, Absilentia wrote:
At 7/12/13 06:17 PM, zeefae wrote: Oh my gosh, I am so excited right now. I really would love for there to be a bigger metal community here. x'D
I'd love to hear your sounds.
thank you :) but unfortunately it says I am not scouted, which from what I've read so far means that you can't see any of the tracks i've uploaded hahah guess I lost before I began xD

Blah Blah Blah..