Be a Supporter!

Daily Hero Challenge

  • 3,096 Views
  • 71 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 05:58 PM Reply

i have my numbers everything was swell until the end. lol...time to sketch ideas!


Jesus Saves!!

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 7/14/13 09:05 PM, M-Vero wrote: Threw a generator for this together because the rng site I usually use was giving me pretty biased results for this. I kept getting 6s and 1s almost exclusively.

Thanks for making it easier :D

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 09:34 AM Reply

M-Vero , is it fine by you if i share your wonderful generator with the people who are playing daily hero in DeviantArt? Ill give you the credit for creating it ofcourse!

HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 4th, 2013 @ 07:43 PM Reply

HEy!! I rolled..3,3,2,5,6,6,4. and this what i came up with...sadly this took more then a day...and its not really complete buT i still need to exercise my art muscle. meaning theres only so long before I lose motivation to continue. if i ever finish it ill posted it here!!


Jesus Saves!!

HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 4th, 2013 @ 07:45 PM Reply

heres the picture :(

Daily Hero Challenge


Jesus Saves!!

Francuzo
Francuzo
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 4th, 2013 @ 09:30 PM Reply

Clever challange! I'm doing my "Fem-bot ranged natural healer" right now :D

Francuzo
Francuzo
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 4th, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

done! I liked a lot doing this, I even thought a story for the character.
FULL: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/4b6e285fba069484d6ea5416 545ba8e9

Daily Hero Challenge

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 5th, 2013 @ 11:11 AM Reply

awesome work guys , im really glad you enjoy DH !

Francuzo
Francuzo
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 10th, 2013 @ 03:05 PM Reply

At 8/5/13 11:11 AM, Kkylimos wrote: awesome work guys , im really glad you enjoy DH !

So bad there aren't any new responses, I would love to see more from this! If I wasn't so busy I would keep submitting.

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 10th, 2013 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 8/10/13 03:05 PM, Francuzo wrote:
At 8/5/13 11:11 AM, Kkylimos wrote: awesome work guys , im really glad you enjoy DH !
So bad there aren't any new responses, I would love to see more from this! If I wasn't so busy I would keep submitting.

Well , i havent done a daily hero for ages but since there are no fresh ones i might upload an old one of mine , just to push it a bit...It was done last Christmass so im kinda shamed to show it but meh..i am sure i rolled male amphibian warrior ...about the power i think it was skill. So yeah , Samurai frog! Mortal Enemy of the TMNT!

Daily Hero Challenge

Francuzo
Francuzo
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 09:51 AM Reply

Well , i havent done a daily hero for ages but since there are no fresh ones i might upload an old one of mine , just to push it a bit...It was done last Christmass so im kinda shamed to show it but meh..i am sure i rolled male amphibian warrior ...about the power i think it was skill. So yeah , Samurai frog! Mortal Enemy of the TMNT!

I will try to do another today, Today's roll was a: dark elf male . fire-tank

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 10:01 AM Reply

At 8/11/13 09:51 AM, Francuzo wrote:

I will try to do another today, Today's roll was a: dark elf male . fire-tank

Sounds like a roll with very high potential! Looking forward :)

gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Male/Mage/Melee/Robot/Holy

Daily Hero Challenge

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 8/11/13 02:51 PM, gayhobbit wrote: Male/Mage/Melee/Robot/Holy

Wow , very very good , i like how you combined the robot with the buddhist statues to create a concept of "holy engine". Very nice :D

joejo86
joejo86
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply


Thor is melee , the fact that he can throw the hammer doesnt make him ranged.

I think Thor could fit either genre. He can also shoot lighting from his hammer.

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 8/11/13 03:37 PM, joejo86 wrote:

Thor is melee , the fact that he can throw the hammer doesnt make him ranged.
I think Thor could fit either genre. He can also shoot lighting from his hammer.

Im sorry , this matter is finished and i would prefer if it doesnt come back... No offense , but its kinda distracting from the point of this thread , plus it has confused some people before. If you have any questions regarding the panel , check the first page of the thread , i have posted a lengthy explanation for each class. If you still have questions , feel free to ask me , better here instead of pm so others can see the answear incase they are wondering the same thing with you.
Cheers!

gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 8/11/13 03:32 PM, Kkylimos wrote:
At 8/11/13 02:51 PM, gayhobbit wrote: Male/Mage/Melee/Robot/Holy
Wow , very very good , i like how you combined the robot with the buddhist statues to create a concept of "holy engine". Very nice :D

Thanks! I was referencing Indian mythology rather, but I could have done some more things to convey that.

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 11th, 2013 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 8/11/13 03:52 PM, gayhobbit wrote:
Thanks! I was referencing Indian mythology rather, but I could have done some more things to convey that.

Woops , excuse me , now that you mention it , Indian mythology looks much more accurate!

Zolen
Zolen
  • Member since: May. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 12th, 2013 @ 06:12 AM Reply

Sex: Female
Class: assassin
Type: Range
Species: Orc
Power: Dark

I admit most of my time was spent trying to draw hands, by the time I had finished the day was almost over, but yay, its sort of kind of far. Female Assassin in a church was the idea before I ran out of time.

Daily Hero Challenge

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 12th, 2013 @ 07:18 AM Reply

At 8/12/13 06:12 AM, Zolen wrote: Sex: Female
Class: assassin
Type: Range
Species: Orc
Power: Dark

I admit most of my time was spent trying to draw hands, by the time I had finished the day was almost over, but yay, its sort of kind of far. Female Assassin in a church was the idea before I ran out of time.

Please dont worry about the time. If you are halfways done , its ok if you dont complete it in a day. After all its not a contest or anything , i wont demand you to be strict on the timeline ( though ill demand you stay true to the pannel and rolling , otherwise its pointless.)

The reason why the challenge is daily is:

1) to practice. When i was drawing DHs regularly , by trying to finish inside the deadline , i became much faster in general. It was a very good excersise for my speed. Also , if you are willing to build a career , speed and the ability to come up with a good concept asap are very important , so DH is preparing you for that , at least this is what we hoped to achieve when we created it with my friend. This is the most important reason no doubt , but also...

2) by giving a deadline we are putting everyone in an equal stand. There would be a huge gap between heroes done in a day and heroes that were the artist's main project for a week.

3) Achieve the casual feel of the game. We are not trying to force people into commiting themselves to Daily Hero , like other art activities do. If you like it , you can participate every day with smthin new , if not , you can just drop a hero and say bye.

So , its ok if you take some extra time to produce something pleasing , just dont overdo it. You can be inspired by your roll to create a full illustration or whatever you enjoy but the point of DH is to see how much quality can you produce in such a limited time.

Zolen
Zolen
  • Member since: May. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 12th, 2013 @ 07:38 AM Reply

At 8/12/13 07:18 AM, Kkylimos wrote:
At 8/12/13 06:12 AM, Zolen wrote: Sex: Female
Class: assassin
Type: Range
Species: Orc
Power: Dark

I admit most of my time was spent trying to draw hands, by the time I had finished the day was almost over, but yay, its sort of kind of far. Female Assassin in a church was the idea before I ran out of time.
Please dont worry about the time. If you are halfways done , its ok if you dont complete it in a day. After all its not a contest or anything , i wont demand you to be strict on the timeline ( though ill demand you stay true to the pannel and rolling , otherwise its pointless.)

The reason why the challenge is daily is:

1) to practice. When i was drawing DHs regularly , by trying to finish inside the deadline , i became much faster in general. It was a very good excersise for my speed. Also , if you are willing to build a career , speed and the ability to come up with a good concept asap are very important , so DH is preparing you for that , at least this is what we hoped to achieve when we created it with my friend. This is the most important reason no doubt , but also...

2) by giving a deadline we are putting everyone in an equal stand. There would be a huge gap between heroes done in a day and heroes that were the artist's main project for a week.

3) Achieve the casual feel of the game. We are not trying to force people into commiting themselves to Daily Hero , like other art activities do. If you like it , you can participate every day with smthin new , if not , you can just drop a hero and say bye.

So , its ok if you take some extra time to produce something pleasing , just dont overdo it. You can be inspired by your roll to create a full illustration or whatever you enjoy but the point of DH is to see how much quality can you produce in such a limited time.

My eventual goal in art is to make a web comic, (yeah, like everyone else) thus why I tried, speed and quality is pretty importaint for that, so I am jumping into a few things around here that expect some level of quality fast, to try to speed up my quality to quanity.

I plan to finish this (I like this character I made), but am showing par the rules, how far I got in a day.

I plan to try another later, this helped actually give me ideas for speeding up my shading methods. : D (I did not finissh shading in any way on this, what shading you see is my guide line shades before I put on the "shade wall")

justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 14th, 2013 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Male
Assassin
Range
Undead
Skill

An undead assassin, so you can't even try to kill the thing trying to assassinate you
Now to the sketching part, and trying to finish it before going to sleep
Why did I start this

justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 14th, 2013 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 8/14/13 03:18 PM, justsomerandomdude wrote: Male
Assassin
Range
Undead
Skill

An undead assassin, so you can't even try to kill the thing trying to assassinate you
Now to the sketching part, and trying to finish it before going to sleep
Why did I start this

Couldn't finish it today because the day only lasted 3 more hours , an hour in and I only have a sketch, will finish it though , tomorrow probably

Daily Hero Challenge

RogueSoul
RogueSoul
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 15th, 2013 @ 01:29 AM Reply

can anyone guess what mine was? (:

Daily Hero Challenge


nope, no sig.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 15th, 2013 @ 11:15 PM Reply

Male elf melee assassin with the power of wind. I made his fuckin' shiv an instrument or something. Whatever. If I could have done it differently, I would have given him a pan flute loaded with darts and just said I rolled ranged.

Also restricting warrior types to melee is dumb because there are perfectly functional and admirable ranged warriors. Whatever it's obvious you made this activity with high fantasy solely in mind.

That's okay, I'll just ignore the rules whenever I want to do something different. And also all your clarifications. Cool? Cool.
Nice Activity Thread, dude.

Daily Hero Challenge

Ghost21b
Ghost21b
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 03:11 AM Reply

Rapid-Fire
Mostly human cyborg that tends to short-circuit
Started off as just a simple hired gun assigned to keep some big shot safe.
of course he hated the scum he was always assigned to.
one day he was hired to take out a heavily guarded 5 star general in the middle of a presidential ceremony.
after completing his assignment he went to collect his pay only to receive a bullet to the head . a mad scientist took his body and created the cyborg known as Rapid-Fire

Meh just an attempt at a background story
I suck lol

Daily Hero Challenge

Ghost21b
Ghost21b
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 03:20 AM Reply

Meh just an attempt at a background story
I suck lol

Male
human
assassin
ranged
duel pistols and electricity

I added pistols just out of boredom lol

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 06:12 AM Reply

At 8/15/13 11:15 PM, Lintire wrote:
Also restricting warrior types to melee is dumb because there are perfectly functional and admirable ranged warriors. Whatever it's obvious you made this activity with high fantasy solely in mind.

That's okay, I'll just ignore the rules whenever I want to do something different. And also all your clarifications. Cool? Cool.
Nice Activity Thread, dude.

Thanks , glad you are having fun. About your complaint on warriors not be ranged , see it this way:

By your understanding , warrior is a term for everyone who fights. This way , every single class on the pannel could be classified as a warrior. However , the warrior class on the pannel does not refer to people who participate in a conflict. It is used to define an aggresive martial artist. The soldier link you provided , although is deffinetly a "warrior" , if he was to be translated into DH , he would be a ranged assassin , because he is fighting swiftly and kills with a single strike.

DH is based on fantasy elements and the classes do not represent reality but fantasy archetypes. A ranged fighter is bound to be assassin because he shoots to kill , his only technique is his aim. If he fails to kill the enemy straight away , he is dead. Warrior is someone who uses his physical prowess and his combat technique to outmatch his enemies'. So , the difference between them is that if the assassin's speed and ability to ambush fail , he has lost. Warrior may not be as lethal but has more survivability and can fight more enemies at once.

So yeah , again , cant see what is complicating. You are just translating the word warrior in a more general way. Many games have the class "warrior" and it pretty much follows the DH description. In the end its just a term used to describe a condition of the game , not a philosophical study on the word. Thats how the game is. To me , your argument sounds as void as saying "there cant be an orc race because there are no orcs."

Anyway , i explained this more than enough. If you are still helbent on not following the rules , its your problem , as long as you dont ruin anyone else's fun.

RogueSoul
RogueSoul
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 09:38 PM Reply

male assassin melee robot. arcane powers

Daily Hero Challenge


nope, no sig.

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Daily Hero Challenge Aug. 18th, 2013 @ 09:41 AM Reply

This seems like fun Ill have to try this.