00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dragon Ball Storyline Changes

10,814 Views | 220 Replies

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-12 06:56:50

Rule 63 everyone then Rule 32 it.

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-12 14:42:48

At 8/12/13 12:27 AM, supermofo wrote: Yeah, if you want to call redundancy retarded, he wanted to rule the world, a goal that other Dragon Ball Villains share.

I never said anything about such personnality trait.

Well he had to be OBLIGATED to do that, how did you want it to happen? Raditz arrives on Earth and blows it up... The End.

Raditz couldn't detroy Earth, and that's my whole fucking point! DON'T MAKE THEM ABLE TO BLOW PLANETS UP!

So, he did a little tournament, besides, it showed the Z-Fighters improvements over the 1 year of training.

And did something totally out of caracter.

I didn't mean everything, but with all of the intelligent life out there, there's probably a good deal of it that's bad, and... are you SERIOUS! you have to have power to abuse power!

You implied a direct corelation between power and arrogance. And I never implied that you can abuse of you power without power. I said having power doesn't mean that you will automaticaly end up abusing it. And I never said that there wouldn't be any people to try and dominate worlds, I said I disagreed with your statement suggesting that power always results in arrogance.

From what you said, it seems like that's exactly what you were talking about.

No.

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-12 18:05:09

At 8/12/13 02:42 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

I never said anything about such personality traits.

It's not like the Villains had much diversity when it comes to goals, there's only so much that you can do with a villain, you have to admit, there wasn't much diversity with goals when it came to DB villains...

Emperor Pilaf: Planetary Dominion
Red Ribbon Army: Planetary Dominion
Piccolo Daimao: Planetary Dominion/Destruction
Piccolo Jr:Planetary Dominion/Revenge Against Son Goku
The Saiyans:Universal Dominion
Freeza:Universal Dominion
The Jinzoningens: To Kill Son Goku
Alt. Timeline Jinzoningens: Planetary Destruction
Cell:Universal Destruction
Bibidi/Babidi/Boo:Universal Destruction

Raditz couldn't destroy the Earth, and that's my whole fucking point! DON'T MAKE THEM ABLE TO BLOW PLANETS UP!

If Toriyama wanted to do that, that was his decision, I just really don't see why it was so bad to have it get so over the top, the over the top feeling just felt so surreal, like the early GTA games.

And did something totally out of character.

So, is it really that much of a big deal, besides, that's something that I would most likely change in my new story.

You implied a direct corelation between power and arrogance. And I never implied that you can abuse of you power without power. I said having power doesn't mean that you will automaticaly end up abusing it. And I never said that there wouldn't be any people to try and dominate worlds, I said I disagreed with your statement suggesting that power always results in arrogance.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and from what you said (I guess it was just an accidental mistake in grammar), it sounded like you meant that.

No.

Yes

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-12 18:07:29

At 8/11/13 11:39 PM, Viper50 wrote:

And I feel they could have done more with Goku vs. Kid Buu. I mean it's a really good fight to end Dragonball Z with and they even included Vegeta pretty much coming to terms with the fact that Goku is stronger than he is and showing him more respect than he did before in the series. Though I don't know why but I always felt like it was missing something.

Yeah I know. But you get what I mean about him being a dirty fighter. It was his dirty fighting that resulted in him being a cyborg.
also i wish they didn't edit his what it says on the back of his clothes from KILL YOU! to just YOU! in some dubs of the show

Yeah, he was an asshole, I wish that him being blown up was permanent, of course, the return of Taopaipai gave Tenshinhan and Chaozu some chance for character development, although for the most part, they wasted it.

Also if they make a Kai version of Dragonball they're more than likely going to edit that out along with all the blood and shit like that just like they did with Dragonball Z Kai.

Yeah...

DB (Z):

little to no blood
no cussing

DB (Z) KAI:

no blood
moderate cussing

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-12 18:09:29

At 8/12/13 06:56 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Rule 63 everyone then Rule 32 it.

I was going to Rule 63 Dodoria, Zarbon, Freeza, Cooler, And King Cold

But what do you mean by rule 32? I don't see how "pics or it didn't happen" applies to this.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-13 19:54:30

There should also be more exposition involving Vegeta's childhood and Mirai Trunks childhood, since the two TV specials were some of the best DB material I have ever seen, maybe also have Emperor Pilaf be a more serious threat, instead of a little blue walking ball of comic relief.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-14 19:38:37

I've read quite a few forum threads (from other forums), that has a lot of fans stating that the entire Boo saga sucked, do any of you agree with this? I'd like any of you to maybe list your personal opinion of what saga(s) you think were the best, and what saga(s) you think were the worst , any of the Dragon Balls sagas are allowed, anything from Emperor Pilaf to Kid Boo.

Here's some links to some of those threads

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/would-dbz-had-been-better-if-the-buu-saga-didnt-exist.151688608/

http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8343242/1/

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=863477

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/the-majin-buu-saga-sucked-746367/

http://www.gamespot.com/dragon-ball-raging-blast-2/forum/buu-saga-sucked-56144577/

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-15 16:51:33

These are some major things that I think a lot of people could agree on when it comes to Majin Boo Saga problems...

The Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament being interrupted

Kuririn Having Hair And His New Outfit

Videl Having Short Hair (I Think She Looked Better With The Pigtails)

Little To No Exposition On Majin Boo's Origins (I Really Would Have Liked To See Some Flashbacks About His Creation)

The Other Z-Fighters Being Completely Tossed Aside (Their Uselessness Reached Full Circle In This Saga)

Babidi

Vegeta Selling His Soul To Babidi To Become Majin Vegeta (That Seems Somewhat Out Of Character For Him)

Piccolo Being Reduced To A Fucking Nanny For The Little Monkey Brats

Gotenks (His Behavior Pimarily, But Also Being Able To Easily Transform Into A SSJ3, And By Default, A SSJ2)

Son Goten And Trunks Turning SSJ Into A "Child's Plaything"

Son Gohan Being Fucked Up (Both His Cocky Behavior That Was A Repeat Of The Cell Games Debacle And How Bootenks So Easily Tossed Him Aside)

The Crazy Majin Boo Forms (I Really Don't Think I Should Have To Explain This, It's Obvious Enough)

Mr. Satan

Vegeta Admitting That Son Goku Is Better Than Him (Another Vegeta Out Of Character Moment, It

Son Goku Beating Kid Boo With A Genki Dama (I Think That It Would Have Been A Lot Better If They Pulled A "Plan To Eradicate The Super Saiyans" And Had All Of The Z-Fighters Blast Him At Once)

THE FUCKING ENDING!!!!! (Really! You Have Son Goku Abandon His Family Once Again To Train Some Kid That He Thinks Has Potential, Are You Fucking High!)

Dragon Ball Storyline Changes

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-15 17:25:39

At 8/14/13 07:38 PM, supermofo wrote: I've read quite a few forum threads (from other forums), that has a lot of fans stating that the entire Boo saga sucked, do any of you agree with this?

I do not agree with this. I felt the Majin Buu Saga was a pretty good saga. Though I felt they definitely should have ended it better.

At 8/15/13 04:51 PM, supermofo wrote: Vegeta Selling His Soul To Babidi To Become Majin Vegeta (That Seems Somewhat Out Of Character For Him)

It somewhat makes sense if you think about it in the point of view of Vegeta being so frustrated that he an Elite Saiyan Warrior, the Prince of all Saiyans just could not beat Goku, a Low Class Saiyan who couldn't even beat Raditz on his own. And he wanted to do whatever it took so he could prove he was the stronger out of the two of them.

THE FUCKING ENDING!!!!! (Really! You Have Son Goku Abandon His Family Once Again To Train Some Kid That He Thinks Has Potential, Are You Fucking High!)

GT's ending makes a hell of a lot more sense than Z's ending. Seriously they should make a new Dragonball series or something that helps bridge the 10 year gap between Z and GT.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-16 00:13:03

At 8/15/13 05:25 PM, Viper50 wrote:

I do not agree with this. I felt the Majin Buu Saga was a pretty good saga. Though I felt they definitely should have ended it better.

I thought it was good also, Although there were a few obvious problems with it, as there are with most of the sagas.

It somewhat makes sense if you think about it in the point of view of Vegeta being so frustrated that he an Elite Saiyan Warrior, the Prince of all Saiyans just could not beat Goku, a Low Class Saiyan who couldn't even beat Raditz on his own. And he wanted to do whatever it took so he could prove he was the stronger out of the two of them.

Yeah, I guess it sort of does, I just can't believe that Vegeta would be willing to go that far just to defeat Son Goku, uh, I mean... Kakarotto.

GT's ending makes a hell of a lot more sense than Z's ending. Seriously they should make a new Dragonball series or something that helps bridge the 10 year gap between Z and GT.

Yeah, they definitely should make another series, or at least completely re-do the ending of Dragon Ball.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-19 22:54:10

What do you guys think about having Muten Roshi actually fight Piccolo Daimao and have it be similar to a "USSJ Mirai Trunks V.S. Perfect Cell", also, what do you all think of there being another DB live action movie, maybe a reboot that is a lot more faithful to the manga.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-19 23:06:56

Do you think that they might make a DBE sequel, I really hope that they don't do this, I would prefer a reboot, but if they do a reboot, who do you think would be best to play these roles, and also, what do you think of ending it on the Freeza Saga like AT originally planned to have it happen.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-19 23:37:53

At 8/19/13 11:06 PM, supermofo wrote: Do you think that they might make a DBE sequel, I really hope that they don't do this, I would prefer a reboot, but if they do a reboot,

I'm fairly certain they will make one.

who do you think would be best to play these roles,

If they do another Dragonball live action movie Nappa needs to be played by Bill Goldberg. I mean seriously look at him and tell me he doesn't look like he'd fit the role.

and also, what do you think of ending it on the Freeza Saga like AT originally planned to have it happen.

I'd be okay with that. It'd be better than having a ton of crappy movies coming out....

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-20 00:37:21

At 8/19/13 11:37 PM, Viper50 wrote:

I'm fairly certain they will make one.

That would be pure awesomeness if they did, I could only imagine how cool it would be, if it was a more faithful adaptation.

If they do another Dragonball live action movie Nappa needs to be played by Bill Goldberg. I mean seriously look at him and tell me he doesn't look like he'd fit the role.

Damn, you're right about that, he could fit the role perfectly.

I'd be okay with that. It'd be better than having a ton of crappy movies coming out....

It might work out better this way, I just don't know about omitting the Cell and Boo sagas though, I like a lot of things about those sagas.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-20 01:28:18

At 8/20/13 12:37 AM, supermofo wrote: That would be pure awesomeness if they did, I could only imagine how cool it would be, if it was a more faithful adaptation.

Yeah but they're more than likely going to stay about as close to the original manga as Dragonball Evolution did...then again Akira Toriyama said that fans should treat it as "an alternate universe version of his work."

Damn, you're right about that, he could fit the role perfectly.

Now we need to find a dude thats 5'6" with an insane widows peak....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-20 02:06:50

At 8/12/13 06:05 PM, supermofo wrote: If Toriyama wanted to do that, that was his decision, I just really don't see why it was so bad to have it get so over the top, the over the top feeling just felt so surreal, like the early GTA games.

And it isn't a problem to have a surreal universe for your manga. It's a problem when you have to come up with stupid motivations for over-powered caracters to act like retards just because you have to fill the plotholes left by the way you wrote the books. And to me, this is in part why I like the 20 first books so much, even though I have a soft spot for the Freeza saga.

So, is it really that much of a big deal, besides, that's something that I would most likely change in my new story.

No, it's not that much of a deal. If I made changes to the books, it would be one of the changes. Raditz doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Vegeta. Vegeta doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Freeza. Freeza doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Trunks. Trunks doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Perfect Cell... so on and so forth.

A minor change maybe, but it would make the plot-line more interresting while keeping a very surreal feeling to it. Plus, it would help make the Z-Fighters not completely useless most of the time if the enemies weren't so strong.

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-20 02:21:46

At 8/15/13 04:51 PM, supermofo wrote: These are some major things that I think a lot of people could agree on when it comes to Majin Boo Saga problems...

The Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament being interrupted

That really did bother me two. I used to love the tournaments in DragonBall and having it ruined (like the last one in which Goku just leaves in the middle of the tournament to train Uub...) really bothered me. I remember imagining possible outcomes for each fight on the tournament tree and trying to determine whou would have won which fight against whom.

Kuririn Having Hair And His New Outfit

That...

Videl Having Short Hair (I Think She Looked Better With The Pigtails)

Yes.

The Other Z-Fighters Being Completely Tossed Aside (Their Uselessness Reached Full Circle In This Saga)

The Cell Saga managed to be a little less frustrating on this aspect, true. Even though I stand with my previous point, which was that making such over-powered foes just makes it kind of boring overtime.

Babidi

lol :P

Vegeta Selling His Soul To Babidi To Become Majin Vegeta (That Seems Somewhat Out Of Character For Him)

I agree.

Piccolo Being Reduced To A Fucking Nanny For The Little Monkey Brats

Even though I kind of understand the evolution in Piccolo's personnality throughout the books, he becomes quite ridiculous by the end of the series. I think this is also out of caracter.

Mr. Satan

I didn't like him either. And I also didn't like how Toriyama tried to give him some redeeming qualites by the end of the fight with Kid Buu...

Son Goku Beating Kid Boo With A Genki Dama (I Think That It Would Have Been A Lot Better If They Pulled A "Plan To Eradicate The Super Saiyans" And Had All Of The Z-Fighters Blast Him At Once)

Yeah... but Toriyama seems to hate anything that isn't one-on-one fighting. Just think about it. Everysingle time, in the whole series, that a fight with more than two caracters facing each other starts, it takes less then a few seconds for the fight to end-up in a one-on-one. There is two way Toriyama did this throughout the entirety of his work. The first, is making all the "secondary" caracters get the shit beaten out of themselves in a matter of seconds. And the second is having the caracters follow some kind of silly "loyalty" and "fairness" etiquette to justify the idea of attacking a foe (who just so happens to threaten to destroy the world, but hey! who the fuck cares?!) or setting up stupid tournaments "just for fun".

By the way, the Mini-Cells versus the Z-Fighters combats do not really count. It's all 1v1 fights occuring at the same time and they all end really fast.

This. Not only did it fuck up another tournament (for which every caracter said they accepted to let Mr.Satan win... wtf...) but it made no sense...

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-20 03:07:27

At 8/20/13 01:28 AM, Viper50 wrote:

Yeah but they're more than likely going to stay about as close to the original manga as Dragonball Evolution did...then again Akira Toriyama said that fans should treat it as "an alternate universe version of his work."

Yeah, there's some elements that they would most likely have to change to make it work in Live-Action movie form.

Now we need to find a dude thats 5'6" with an insane widows peak....

Ray Park, ha ha ha...

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-20 11:18:46

At 8/20/13 03:07 AM, supermofo wrote: Yeah, there's some elements that they would most likely have to change to make it work in Live-Action movie form.

I hope they put Krillin in it if they make a new live-action Dragonball movie. Since ya know....THEY FUCKING LEFT HIM OUT OF THE FIRST ONE!

Ray Park, ha ha ha...

He could work, hahaha.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-21 03:32:38

At 8/20/13 02:06 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:

And it isn't a problem to have a surreal universe for your manga. It's a problem when you have to come up with stupid motivations for over-powered characters to act like retards just because you have to fill the plot holes left by the way you wrote the books. And to me, this is in part why I like the 20 first books so much, even though I have a soft spot for the Freeza saga.

Arrogance is a retarded motivation in the sense of people who act this way, but I would have to disagree about this being retarded in the sense of the Author making it this way, and not just having the Villain's blow up the planet as soon as they appear, It's actually a pretty regular Human/Humanoid way of acting, take many serial killers for example, they LOVE visiting the scene of the crime and intentionally leaving clues for the Police, instead of playing it smart and safe by hiding w/out leaving evidence, they could even send a plastic explosive bomb right to the Police Station's front doorstep and end it all right there, but they instead choose to "Make A Game Out Of It", so they inevitably got caught by the Police, because they had to be retards and make a game out of the situation, instead of committing the crime and being smart about it, this can apply to Dragon Ball Villains, just on a much larger scale, instead of just blowing up the planets and playing it smart and safe, they have to "Make A Game Out Of It", And by defeating the "Serial Killers" the Z-Fighters saved a few billion lives, instead of cops who only saved a few dozen to a few hundred, depending on how smart and how destructive the Serial Killer is.

No, it's not that much of a deal. If I made changes to the books, it would be one of the changes. Raditz doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Vegeta. Vegeta doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Freeza. Freeza doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Trunks. Trunks doesn't have to be patheticaly weak compared to Perfect Cell... so on and so forth.

Okay, closing the power gap, I could understand that.

A minor change maybe, but it would make the plot-line more interesting while keeping a very surreal feeling to it. Plus, it would help make the Z-Fighters not completely useless most of the time if the enemies weren't so strong.

That's basically the same type of thing that I would change, but yeah, the other Z-Fighters needed to not be so useless in the later chapters.

P.S. I don't mean to be a Grammar Nazi, but you do realize that Character has an "h" after the first "c" and that interesting doesn't have two "r's" right?

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-21 04:18:27

At 8/21/13 03:32 AM, supermofo wrote: Arrogance is a retarded motivation in the sense of people who act this way, but I would have to disagree about this being retarded in the sense of the Author making it this way, and not just having the Villain's blow up the planet as soon as they appear, It's actually a pretty regular Human/Humanoid way of acting, take many serial killers for example, they LOVE visiting the scene of the crime and intentionally leaving clues for the Police, instead of playing it smart and safe by hiding w/out leaving evidence, they could even send a plastic explosive bomb right to the Police Station's front doorstep and end it all right there, but they instead choose to "Make A Game Out Of It", so they inevitably got caught by the Police, because they had to be retards and make a game out of the situation, instead of committing the crime and being smart about it, this can apply to Dragon Ball Villains, just on a much larger scale, instead of just blowing up the planets and playing it smart and safe, they have to "Make A Game Out Of It", And by defeating the "Serial Killers" the Z-Fighters saved a few billion lives, instead of cops who only saved a few dozen to a few hundred, depending on how smart and how destructive the Serial Killer is.

You seem to confuse rational actions based on a purpose and a set goal for which an individual will put every ressources needed to achieve said goal, with completely irrationnal actions that a lot of human beings seem to do in specific situations. If serial killers leave traces behind or if they go back to the place where they committed their crime, it's not always because of rational thinking linked with arrogant traits of personnality. Some are just pushed by irrationnal motivations, often linked with an unresistable desire to feel the impacts of their actions.

I'm not saying that all characters in the series should be totally rational, in fact, it makes sense that some over-powered idiot would dick around with his opponents to prove that he's the strongest. But the problem is that this is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Okay, closing the power gap, I could understand that.

That, and Z Fighters wouldn't be completely laughable two or three books after they first appeared. Tenshinan, Yamcha, Krillin, Chiaotzu, Piccolo, Trunks, etc. These caracters all get so fucking weak in the series, that it's completely useless to even have them in the books at some points. Even Toriyama seemed to realise this after a while and decided that Chiaotzu would just stay out completely of every fights...

P.S. I don't mean to be a Grammar Nazi, but you do realize that Character has an "h" after the first "c" and that interesting doesn't have two "r's" right?

Yeah, English isn't my first language... sorry... I'm trying my best. I'll try to avoid this mistake from now on.

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-25 09:43:59

At 8/20/13 02:21 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:

That really did bother me two. I used to love the tournaments in Dragon Ball and having it ruined (like the last one in which Goku just leaves in the middle of the tournament to train Uub...) really bothered me. I remember imagining possible outcomes for each fight on the tournament tree and trying to determine who would have won which fight against whom.

I was thinking of extending the Tenkaichi Budokai tournaments from 8 finalists to 16 finalists, so that there could be more fights, I was thinking of starting this with the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai and having cameo appearances by previous tournament participants and maybe other antagonists.

That...

I was also thinking of making Kuririn not marry Jinzoningen 18 and have Marron, I was thinking of making Bojack Unbound canonical for sure and having Kuririn save Zangya from Bojack and having Zangya and Jinzoningen 18 fight over Kuririn throughout the Boo Saga as a form of comic relief and having all of the other Z-Fighters just be like "WTF?! It's Kuririn!"

Yes.

I could just imagine bending her over and going to town on her all night while using those pigtails as handles, oh... uh, whoops, sorry about that.

The Cell Saga managed to be a little less frustrating on this aspect, true. Even though I stand with my previous point, which was that making such over-powered foes just makes it kind of boring overtime.

I would get rid of the Z-Fighters being absent in the Boo saga by maybe having Piccolo fight Dabura and of course having the other Z-Fighters participating in the tournament and also in the fights against Babidi's minions.

lol :P

I think Babidi and Bibidi should have had a much more intimidating appearance, instead, AT made them look like giant green scrotums.

I agree.

I guess when you kind of give it more thought, it may make sense since at this point, Vegeta has just been so pissed off about being #2 (Huh Huh Huh, #2!) to Kakarotto that he would get really desperate and resort to getting power from an outside source, it makes him somewhat more interesting since he does something different than usual.

Even though I kind of understand the evolution in Piccolo's personality throughout the books, he becomes quite ridiculous by the end of the series. I think this is also out of character.

They should make it that the Kids train on their own, to show that they are becoming more independent.

I didn't like him either. And I also didn't like how Toriyama tried to give him some redeeming qualities by the end of the fight with Kid Boo...

They should have kept him as annoying, so that we could have an extended character that we can all love to hate.

Yeah... but Toriyama seems to hate anything that isn't one-on-one fighting. Just think about it. Every single time, in the whole series, that a fight with more than two characters facing each other starts, it takes less then a few seconds for the fight to end-up in a one-on-one. There is two way Toriyama did this throughout the entirety of his work. The first, is making all the "secondary" characters get the shit beaten out of themselves in a matter of seconds. And the second is having the characters follow some kind of silly "loyalty" and "fairness" etiquette to justify the idea of attacking a foe (who just so happens to threaten to destroy the world, but hey! who the fuck cares?!) or setting up stupid tournaments "just for fun".

By the way, the Mini-Cells versus the Z-Fighters combats do not really count. It's all 1v1 fights occuring at the same time and they all end really fast.

This times a thousand.

This. Not only did it fuck up another tournament (for which every character said they accepted to let Mr.Satan win... wtf...) but it made no sense...

There could be so much more potential if they had another tournament at the conclusion of the story.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-25 09:48:40

At 8/20/13 11:18 AM, Viper50 wrote:

I hope they put Kuririn in it if they make a new live-action Dragonball movie. Since ya know....THEY FUCKING LEFT HIM OUT OF THE FIRST ONE!

Not to mention that they also left out Tenshinhan and Chaozu

He could work, hahaha.

Well, Ray Park is a little too tall for the role, he's 5"10", so maybe not, but Nathan Jones could probably work as Nappa just as much as Bill Goldberg, have you seen him in Tom-Yum-Goong.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-25 09:53:48

At 8/21/13 04:18 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:

You seem to confuse rational actions based on a purpose and a set goal for which an individual will put every ressources needed to achieve said goal, with completely irrationnal actions that a lot of human beings seem to do in specific situations. If serial killers leave traces behind or if they go back to the place where they committed their crime, it's not always because of rational thinking linked with arrogant traits of personnality. Some are just pushed by irrationnal motivations, often linked with an unresistable desire to feel the impacts of their actions.

I'm not saying that all characters in the series should be totally rational, in fact, it makes sense that some over-powered idiot would dick around with his opponents to prove that he's the strongest. But the problem is that this is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I just don't see what's so bad about over the top villains, I mean, there could be a lot worse things that you could do with villains than that, you could be a 4kids villain, hahaha!

That, and Z Fighters wouldn't be completely laughable two or three books after they first appeared. Tenshinan, Yamucha, Kuririn, Chaozu, Piccolo, Trunks, etc. These characters all get so fucking weak in the series, that it's completely useless to even have them in the books at some points. Even Toriyama seemed to realize this after a while and decided that Chaozu would just stay out completely of every fights...

This is something that I would definitely change as well, I think this is something that all of the fans could agree on when it comes to the story line is the uselessness of the secondary characters.

Yeah, English isn't my first language... sorry... I'm trying my best. I'll try to avoid this mistake from now on.

It's perfectly alright, English is a pretty difficult language to learn.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-25 11:32:07

At 8/25/13 09:48 AM, supermofo wrote: Not to mention that they also left out Tenshinhan and Chaozu

And Puar and Oolong and The Ox King and everything that deals with Master Roshi putting out the flames at Fire Mountain and Grandma Gohan was alive instead of begin dead like he was supposed to be....

Well, Ray Park is a little too tall for the role, he's 5"10", so maybe not,

Yeah....we also need to get someone who is very visibly shorter than Goku.

but Nathan Jones could probably work as Nappa just as much as Bill Goldberg, have you seen him in Tom-Yum-Goong.

I guess he would. Though he needs to grow a mustache. And no I haven't.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-25 14:25:04

At 8/25/13 11:32 AM, Viper50 wrote:

And Puar and Oolong and The Gyu'Mao and everything that deals with Muten Roshi putting out the flames at Fire Mountain and Grandpa Son Gohan was alive instead of begin dead like he was supposed to be....

Yeah, DBE fucked up big time, they should do a reboot movie saga and have there be as many movies as HP did.

Yeah....we also need to get someone who is very visibly shorter than Son Goku.

Well, It depends on what phase of Dragon Ball that they might cover, as of the Piccolo Jr. Saga, Son Goku was 5'7" from what I read, and at one point, he went through one more growth spurt sometime later.

I guess he would. Though he needs to grow a mustache. And no I haven't.

Oh man, you have got to SEE THAT MOVIE, it's so awesome!

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-25 17:07:58

At 8/25/13 02:25 PM, supermofo wrote: Yeah, DBE fucked up big time, they should do a reboot movie saga and have there be as many movies as HP did.

I honestly think the only stuff they got right in it was some of the characters names.
Also Piccolo's head looked like a giant asparagus to me....

Well, It depends on what phase of Dragon Ball that they might cover, as of the Piccolo Jr. Saga, Son Goku was 5'7" from what I read, and at one point, he went through one more growth spurt sometime later.

I'm talking about like mid-DBZ Goku when he was somewhere around 5'10" or something like that.

Oh man, you have got to SEE THAT MOVIE, it's so awesome!

I'll check it out sometime then ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-26 00:28:19

At 8/25/13 05:07 PM, Viper50 wrote:

I honestly think the only stuff they got right in it was some of the characters names.
Also Piccolo's head looked like a giant asparagus to me....

Piccolo Daimao (King Piccolo) was called Lord Piccolo though.

I'm talking about like mid-DBZ Goku when he was somewhere around 5'10" or something like that.

Yeah, he wasn't super tall, he was about average height throughout most of the story.

I'll check it out sometime then ._.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSfjQzt43Ho

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-26 15:29:10

japan should have declared war on horrywood for that shit movie they made.

Response to Dragon Ball Storyline Changes 2013-08-26 19:25:37

At 8/26/13 03:29 PM, lithiumsol wrote: japan should have declared war on horrywood for that shit movie they made.

Damn straight, I'm surprised that Pearl Harbor II didn't happen because of that God Awful Piece Of Shit movie that they made.

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature