EdXonix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 03:58 PM Reply

• Rin Swimsuit
    Rin Swimsuit by EdXonix

I liked the shading, this wa smore for a test on shading and highlights in flash. As for the background.. Meh.. I drew that i...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Fine Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 03:58 PM, EdXonix wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/edxonix/rin-swimsuit

linework appears jagged and her face is skewed and squished, may I suggest you practice more, use your programs layer function, and redraw your linework after you've finished sketching it for a more professional look.

EdXonix
EdXonix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 04:35 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 7/4/13 03:58 PM, EdXonix wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/edxonix/rin-swimsuit
linework appears jagged and her face is skewed and squished, may I suggest you practice more, use your programs layer function, and redraw your linework after you've finished sketching it for a more professional look.

'
Thank you for your advice, I did use layers but might I ask about the Jagged part? I cannot see that. An yes the face was ment to be squished, though the eye I messed up a lot on

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Cairos
Cairos
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Artist
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 05:48 PM Reply

Regardless if you referenced or traced you need to control your line weight. Also understand that there are rib cages and collar bones in the human figure.

My work of Rin from Vocaloid o:

EdXonix
EdXonix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 05:20 PM, ornery wrote: Explain please
http://kawaiicandydream.deviantart.com/art/Rin-Kagamine-Swim suit-361368488

I made it as a gift for her. I didn't like the base as much but I used it for most of pose, the rest I just drew more of.

EdXonix
EdXonix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 05:48 PM, Cairos wrote: Regardless if you referenced or traced you need to control your line weight. Also understand that there are rib cages and collar bones in the human figure.

I know this, but I never really take it into a count when I draw given i've mostly drawn an said to myself: Eh, I like it

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 06:33 PM, EdXonix wrote:
I made it as a gift for her. I didn't like the base as much but I used it for most of pose, the rest I just drew more of.

So by "used it for most of pose" you mean traced, and by "the rest I just drew more of" you mean the only thing you actually drew was the background.

EdXonix
EdXonix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 07:37 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 7/4/13 06:33 PM, EdXonix wrote:
So by "used it for most of pose" you mean traced, and by "the rest I just drew more of" you mean the only thing you actually drew was the background.

Um no, that's what you assume. What it means is I used it as reference an if you had put both together you'd see there not really same, let alone traced.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 08:28 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 08:18 PM, EdXonix wrote: Um no, that's what you assume. What it means is I used it as reference an if you had put both together you'd see there not really same, let alone traced.

Either way, if you heavily reference someone else's drawing, you should mention that when you post yours. It's thievery otherwise.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
EdXonix
EdXonix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 08:28 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 7/4/13 08:18 PM, EdXonix wrote: Um no, that's what you assume. What it means is I used it as reference an if you had put both together you'd see there not really same, let alone traced.
Either way, if you heavily reference someone else's drawing, you should mention that when you post yours. It's thievery otherwise.

Well I'll remember that, though I'm more concerned towards if she'll like it or not, but thanks for letting me no. I'd rather not argue over one picture. : T

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to My work of Rin from Vocaloid o: Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 08:18 PM, EdXonix wrote:
Um no, that's what you assume. What it means is I used it as reference an if you had put both together you'd see there not really same, let alone traced.

Ok just making sure you were aware of the other piece.