New Topic Respond to this Topic
ThatOneGame
ThatOneGame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Looking For Teacher Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 12:16 AM Reply

I am looking for an artist/animator to teach me how to draw and make really good flash cartoons. I have no previous drawing or animating experience, and currently I can barely draw to save my life so I would really appreciate a teacher. If you're interested reply to this thread or PM me.

Das what I'm talkin' aboot.

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Looking For Teacher Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 10:50 AM Reply

At 6/27/13 12:16 AM, ThatOneGame wrote: I am looking for an artist/animator to teach me how to draw and make really good flash cartoons. I have no previous drawing or animating experience, and currently I can barely draw to save my life so I would really appreciate a teacher. If you're interested reply to this thread or PM me.

If you have money there are professional artists who do full blown 1on1 mentorships. 100% quality training by a top-notch industry pro. They accept applicants of all skill levels. They just might charge more or less.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Looking For Teacher Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 6/27/13 12:16 AM, ThatOneGame wrote: I am looking for an artist/animator to teach me how to draw and make really good flash cartoons. I have no previous drawing or animating experience, and currently I can barely draw to save my life so I would really appreciate a teacher. If you're interested reply to this thread or PM me.

you could take a look at newgrounds' own Johnny Utah's tutorials ==> Line drawing & Coloring

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Sharktoof
Sharktoof
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Looking For Teacher Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 08:29 PM Reply

I think that the best way to learn is practice, and patience. It's about developing your own style.

BBS Signature
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Looking For Teacher Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 6/27/13 08:29 PM, Sharktoof wrote: I think that the best way to learn is practice, and patience. It's about developing your own style.

If you major in art and go to prestigous art schools. What they do is they teach you the fundamentals by the masters and passed down through the year of artists. When you indeed create your own "style" you need to realize that no matter whatever you do or however you do it you will have your own style. So developing your own style is pointless, because you will always have it.

What they will have you do is they rigourously train you in all the fundamentals, then when your about to graduate and head out to compete with other professional artists towards the end of your education they will have you pick masters of art to portray their technical styles in your own.

Some really talented artists they look into other artists and look at what they do. Then they take lets say this guy's darks vrs lights, then this guy is really good at compositions but this guy is amazing at perspective. So basically your art is basically just a melting pot of art that you find amazing and fascinating.

If you get over the whole "i need my own style" hump. It really relieves you of stress and you just kinda go out there and draw for fun. Remember, no matter what you do or how you do it. You will do it your own way and you will have your own style.

Sharktoof
Sharktoof
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Looking For Teacher Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 6/27/13 11:08 PM, PMMurphy wrote:
Some really talented artists they look into other artists and look at what they do. Then they take lets say this guy's darks vrs lights, then this guy is really good at compositions but this guy is amazing at perspective. So basically your art is basically just a melting pot of art that you find amazing and fascinating.

If you get over the whole "i need my own style" hump. It really relieves you of stress and you just kinda go out there and draw for fun. Remember, no matter what you do or how you do it. You will do it your own way and you will have your own style.

I suppose that's a much better way of looking at it. It's much more accurate the way you put it. I will actually take this into consideration and keep it in mind. Thanks!

BBS Signature
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Looking For Teacher Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 11:38 PM Reply

yes it really is a nice way to look at it. At one point i planned to be an art major i wanted to get into cooper union in NYC. I signed up on art forums with professional artists and i practiced and practiced. I got lots of advice form them and thats part of everything i learned in the expierence. I still have some friends to this day from these forums that i talk to here and there on my facebook and through deviant art.

Well basically, you will notice often times when you look at art. You will be like "omg this looks like da vinci's work" (i don't remember many artists names right now lol). But there are many artists that you will look at peoples work and notice simularities. It's because these people strike great inspiration from these artists in their work. Even digital artists do it the same.

For instance, if you look through my portfolio, even though i am nowhere near a good artist. You can tell exactly what artists i take inspiration from easily. This isn't intentional. It just comes out in your work wether you plan it or not.