00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Creating The Ios Game Run Crab Run

813 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello everyone my names Matt and I'm new to this forum and I look forward to getting to know some new people with similar interests in this forum.

I have recently released an iOS game named Run Crab Run which is kind of like Temple Run but underwater and I did all the art work involved in the game. I was able to implement both 2d and 3d artwork into this game and I think it worked for creating the underwater mood that we were going for.

Me any one other person made this app so I did the art and he did all the programming and We developed this game a bit different than everyone else did, we used a middleware program that allows us to publish on iOS and it also allows us to publish for android, blackberry and windows 8 mobile. We also created the game on a PC not a mac ;) The main programs I used were Photoshop, 3d studio max and a little bit of z-brush.

Does anyone else work as an iPhone game artist or programmer? If so let me know so we can exchange techniques and pointers with one another along with some of the hang ups we all run into from time 2 time:)

GAMEPLAY TRAILER

Also for anyone that wants to check out the game here is the link to Run Crab Run in iTunes its $1.99 which is about the cost of a coffee but it would go a long way in supporting our indie game company :)
Run Crab Run iTunes

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions or comments.

Response to Creating The Ios Game Run Crab Run 2013-07-01 18:44:13

At 6/24/13 07:42 PM, SambaPanda wrote: Hello everyone my names Matt and I'm new to this forum and I look forward to getting to know some new people with similar interests in this forum.

I have recently released an iOS game named Run Crab Run which is kind of like Temple Run but underwater and I did all the art work involved in the game. I was able to implement both 2d and 3d artwork into this game and I think it worked for creating the underwater mood that we were going for.

Me any one other person made this app so I did the art and he did all the programming and We developed this game a bit different than everyone else did, we used a middleware program that allows us to publish on iOS and it also allows us to publish for android, blackberry and windows 8 mobile. We also created the game on a PC not a mac ;) The main programs I used were Photoshop, 3d studio max and a little bit of z-brush.

Does anyone else work as an iPhone game artist or programmer? If so let me know so we can exchange techniques and pointers with one another along with some of the hang ups we all run into from time 2 time:)

GAMEPLAY TRAILER

Also for anyone that wants to check out the game here is the link to Run Crab Run in iTunes its $1.99 which is about the cost of a coffee but it would go a long way in supporting our indie game company :)
Run Crab Run iTunes

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions or comments.

***UPDATE***

We now have a FREE lite version and an HD version avaliable in the app store.

Run Crab Run FREE Lite Version - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-crab-run-lite/id65465140 9?mt=8

Run Crab Run HD iPad Version - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-crab-run-hd/id660634281?
mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Enjoy!

Response to Creating The Ios Game Run Crab Run 2013-07-14 23:21:47

Hey guys and gals,

Just a quick update regarding a price drop on the FULL and HD versions of Run Crab Run. We want to thank all of our fans for the ongoing support so far and to celebrate that we're chopping the price in half!

Old price = $1.99 new price = $0.99

Here are the links

Run Crab Run HD Version - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-crab-run-hd/id660634281?
mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Run Crab Run - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-crab-run/id647027424?mt=

Panda Out!