00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series

1,551 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

To whom it may concern: (That means you, since you clicked the link)

Hey how are y'all doing, my name is Michael Danton- in the interests of brevity I'm going to take a brief departure from the usual protocol of specificity in regard to various voices and roles. The truth is we've got a lot of them coming up and at this point in time we're largely looking for a group of interested people that we can call upon when the need arises.

Now, what's the project? I'm glad you asked! We've released one film on YouTube just a few days ago and the response has been terrific! Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFI5wGf0WN4 (likes, comments and favourites are greatly appreciated!)

Now, if you enjoyed the video and you'd like to play a role in our future productions- could you please send me your demo and any other pertinent information to my email address: mikdanton(at)hotmail.com I will be monitoring this thread and PM's but not nearly as frequently, it'll also help me to keep my records in order. Currently we've got three more finished scripts in production that are similar in humour to this one. I wrote them all so they're brilliant of course :) It also means there are going to be a number of varied roles available straight away.

If you have any questions, comments, critiques or commendations, please do not hesitate to ask.

I thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely,
M. Danton.

P.S.
Of particular interest to us at the moment is a female actor with preferably a strong mature voice. If that's you, we'd love to hear from you.

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-06-24 22:05:52

I can do voices and stuffs. o.o

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-06-27 19:10:04

At 6/21/13 09:27 PM, CHIKUNHED wrote:

:Hey how are y'all doing, my name is Michael Danton- in the interests of brevity I'm going to take a brief departure from the usual protocol of specificity in regard to various voices and roles. The truth is we've got a lot of them coming up and at this point in time we're largely looking for a group of interested people that we can call upon when the need arises.

Sent you an email. I'd love to take part in any production.. it looks super fun! :)

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-07-08 09:27:05

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very pleased to present to you our latest Skyrim Machinima masterpiece: The Dibella Incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkeJN9MmRSE
A thumbs up and a kind word would be greatly appreciated :)

Special thanks goes to Ben Forde, AKA Frustratedrocka For his stellar vocal performance.

As I mentioned before, my friend and I are quite prolific and we've got a long chain of projects that are in varying stages of completion. Of course it goes without saying that not all of them have been cast and we're always on the look-out for talented and enthusiastic people who would like to play a role in our films.

Kind regards,
Michael Danton

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-07-16 23:12:16

Kind Ladies and Gentlemen of NG, I have three pieces of news to share with you.

1. Firstly, I'd just like to thank the plethora of talented Voice Actors that have contacted me and auditioned for various roles. Without your continuing support we simply would not be able to continue to release first-rate, Machinima on a regular basis.

2. Our latest and greatest film "The Congenial Crypt" is set to be released tomorrow. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for all the latest news and newest releases, the moment it happens. http://www.youtube.com/user/AviticusDragon

3. Although our invitation is continuously open to everyone; We are currently especially interested in casting an African-American male voice actor for our latest production, if that's you and you'd like to play a role in our continuing series, we'd be delighted to hear from you.

Sincere thanks,
Michael "Louie" Danton.

M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-07-19 19:35:59

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very pleased to present to you our latest Skyrim Machinima masterpiece: The Congenial Crypt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRFZF11M_is&feature=c4-overvi ew-vl&list=PL1CcAnD7R3pXfVMrChsDqNJL3JBGhU17L

A thumbs up and a kind word would be greatly appreciated :)

Special thanks goes to Ben Forde and Matt Scisco for their amazing vocal performances.

As I mentioned before, my friend and I are quite prolific and we've got a long chain of projects that are in varying stages of completion. Of course it goes without saying that not all of them have been cast and we're always on the look-out for talented and enthusiastic people who would like to play a role in our films.

Kind regards,
Michael Danton

P.S.
As I mentioned before, we are still on the lookout for an African American male VA to play a role in our next film.

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-08-02 12:31:44

Dear Sirs and madam,

we are currently casting three new roles for our latest production. (Our best yet) Two male Characters and one female character, please see my previous posts for additional information.

Thankyou!
Mike

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-08-04 22:38:13

At 8/2/13 12:31 PM, CHIKUNHED wrote: Dear Sirs and madam,

we are currently casting three new roles for our latest production. (Our best yet) Two male Characters and one female character, please see my previous posts for additional information.

Thankyou!
Mike

Hey Mike, I am a voice actor that is really really new to the place. I can do a bunch of voices, whatever you really need. I just don't know if my tone would be fit for what you are doing. But I can try! Message me back with any questions, thanks!

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-08-05 00:35:40

At 8/4/13 10:38 PM, LeftManRight wrote:
At 8/2/13 12:31 PM, CHIKUNHED wrote: Dear Sirs and madam,

Thankyou!
Mike
Hey Mike, I am a voice actor that is really really new to the place. I can do a bunch of voices, whatever you really need. I just don't know if my tone would be fit for what you are doing. But I can try! Message me back with any questions, thanks!

New to the place? No matter. Drop me an email at mikdanton@hotmail.com and we'll talk about it. We're casting right now.

Cheers
M.

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-08-16 16:33:36

Just giving it a bump so this thread doesn't fall into oblivion. We have a new film coming out soon and announcements to follow.

M.

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-08-26 14:44:45

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been a considerable length of time since I've addressed each of you and subsequently I have neglected to inform you of the details of our casting arrangements. I have been putting off writing this letter so I could announce the release of our latest film or perhaps invite you to audition for the next one. Therein lies the rub. Although the latest script is only a few days away, I feel that I've waited much too long and the delay has been weighing on my mind- especially considering that I know all of you have put the greatest effort into your auditions and the very least I can do is inform you of the outcome of the casting process.

Without further ado, the final cast has been named and is as follows:

Ben Forde - as Dovahkiin
Jeremy Pommier as Marcurio
and Xanthe Folan as Lydia.

Of course given the delay of my correspondence, the film has already been completed for perhaps a week, and I must say it looks rather clever; at this stage all it needs is a title and we'd welcome any suggestions. Please note that It has been completed but not yet published. In order to gain the greatest audience for our films, we have decided to delay the release for the most auspicious moment. Without boring you with the details- we've decided on a somewhat simultaneous release with the next film. It's all rather speculative at the moment; however if you have an interest, I'll be sure to inform you of the details once we know them ourselves.

Now, for the majority of you who have auditioned but didn't get the part, please keep in mind that this is but a short in a long line of films currently in production and many more opportunities will present themselves in time. Frankly, I think you're all amazingly talented and in most cases it wasn't a question of quality- rather is was suitability and my own personal preference. Given your vocal qualities I have already chosen a number of you for future productions so I do hope you'll audition when the latest project is announced.

Sincerely yours,
Michel Louie

This letter was sent out today to the voice actors who have demonstrated an interest in playing a part in our films. If you would also like to be invited to audition, or if for any reason you missed this letter- please let me know. Thank you.

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-10-21 23:51:56

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen.

It has been a good long while since I have spoken to each of you in regard to participating in our humble films. Since then, we have made three movies- two shorts and our last Voice acted feature which has been completed but yet to be released.

In order to gain the greatest audience for our films, we have elected to delay the publication for the most auspicious moment. Without boring you with the details- we've decided on a somewhat simultaneous release with the next feature, allowing other more populous channels to "present" our works as a means of growing a greater awareness of what we do as filmmakers and subsequently yourselves as voice actors. When you're negotiating with channels that have a machinima-targeted reach of over half a million subscribers, I believe the effect could at the very least, be well worth the effort.

Of course this is not a long term strategy, so if we've got a single chance to shake the apple tree- Might as well do it long and hard. (I'm a comedy writer, I couldn't resist)

So therefore, I've been working on a whale of a feature which probably clocks in well above 20 minutes of screen-time. It's great, it's solid, it's finished and it's attached to this email. I of course welcome your questions, comments, critiques and commendations and will be more than happy to reply. This script is already in development and is currently being directed and produced by my exceptional associate James Muia, AKA, Aviticus Dragon.

At this moment, casting is now open and all parts are available. If you feel inclined to participate in our films, I strongly encourage you to audition for any and all roles that you believe would suit you. Pleased be advised that this is potentially the pilot episode for a new series of films, so even if some roles aren't exactly your forte, your audition could allow us to choose other roles for you or perhaps tailor future productions to your strengths.

Thank you for your time, consideration and patience. Sincerely.
Michel Louie Danton.
This letter was sent out today to the voice actors who have demonstrated an interest in playing a part in our films. If you would also like to be invited to audition, or if for any reason you missed this letter- please let me know. Thank you

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-11-09 16:45:26

It has been perhaps a week since I had last wrote to you announcing the casting of our latest feature 'Ask Dovahkiin'; although we have received some wonderful auditions from some very talented actors, all roles are still well and truly open and we invite your interest. It's going to take a good while to harpoon that whale and drag it onto the boat, so we've got a few short films made and ready to go in the meantime. Casting for them is now open and I have included the scripts with this email for your perusal. As I say each and every time: please feel free to audition for any and all roles that suit you. There's no format, no pressure- no constructed paradigm of application and absolutely no way of getting it wrong so we encourage you all to give it a shot. More to come.

Much more importantly, (drumroll please) I am very, very proud to present our latest film which we have subsequently named, 'Dovahkiin vs the Bunny King'. We had warned everyone as to the delay of release for the most auspicious moment and personally I think we've nailed it! Through our good work and quality of production, we've attracted the attention of a YouTube director by the name of MMOxReview and he has graciously presented our film on their channel. As I write this, the film has been viewed over twenty-six thousand times! In addition to that, the approval rating sits near as dammit to 99%.... Wow!!!

You may view the film here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-gunKIopNU

And again here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFixkolUwk

Be sure to check out the comments on each; the voice acting is clearly much loved and you should all be thoroughly congratulated for making these features such a wonderful success!

I salute thee, sincerely yours,
Michel Louie Danton.
(screenwriter)

This letter was sent out today to the voice actors who have demonstrated an interest in playing a part in our films. If you would also like to be invited to audition, or if for any reason you missed this letter- please let me know at mikdanton@hotmail.com Thank you

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-12-05 15:28:09

I know I always start my letters to you in the same fashion, but this is a very different letter under very different circumstances.

Just kidding, we're making another film and casting is now open. As mentioned in the previous post and as I write this, our most recent film "Dovahkiin Vs The Bunny King" has received more than 42k views with a near perfect thumbs up ratio. Many in the comments sharing the "That voice acting is seriously perfect" sentiment. We couldn't have done it without you. It also goes without saying that we are buoyed by our mutual success and keen to do it again!

Has casting closed for the previous film you may well ask? The answer is no. Well how about the one before it? Nope not that one either... It seems we have developed something of a back-up of scripts awaiting production. Four of them to be precise of varying length and style, encompassing twenty-four different speaking roles for both men and women that are open for casting and invite your interest. Most of these features have already been filmed and now await the most important part. The actors. You.

Since it has become difficult even for us to oversee the projects and our progress with them, my technically savvy associate has come up with an exceedingly clever method of keeping track of what features are in production and what roles are open for your consideration. You may find a complete list here:

http://aviticusdragon.com/machinima-...-voice-actors/

Note that we have a clean slate. It should be said that although we have received only a few auditions for these roles and are excellent in their own right; we felt it important and necessary to give everyone the opportunity to apply. Especially since I have this nagging doubt that I might have somehow botched the last newsletter... I think I may have CC'd and BCC'd until it was DOA. Nonetheless, starting a new system of application was absolutely necessary and if this was the catalyst to do so, then all the better!

As I say each and every time: please feel free to peruse our projects and audition for any and all roles that suit you. There's no format, no pressure- no constructed paradigm of application and absolutely no way of getting it wrong so we encourage you all to give it a shot. More to come.

Kind regards,
Michel Louie Danton.
(screenwriter)

This letter was sent out today to the voice actors who have demonstrated an interest in playing a part in our films. If you would also like to be invited to audition, or if for any reason you missed this letter- please let me know at mikdanton@hotmail.com . Thank you

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-12-06 23:41:58

Sorry if you were getting a 404 on that link. This is the right one here:

http://aviticusdragon.com/machinima-film-projects-for-voice-actors/

All these years and you still cant edit your messages on NG. :P

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-12-19 08:15:31

Ladies and gentlemen,

Just a quick bump and an announcement: Casting is now closed for the 'Black Market' sketch and production begins in earnest. The final takes are in and we'll be very proud to present it this week.

Thank you all for your consideration and auditions. If you weren't chosen for the part, there's no need to fret as we still have many more roles available and we welcome your interest. As mentioned, you may find them here:

Cheers,
Michel Louie.

This letter was sent out today to the voice actors who have demonstrated an interest in playing a part in our films. If you would also like to be invited to audition, or if for any reason you missed this letter- please let me know at mikdanton@hotmail.com . Thank you

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-12-22 22:24:05

At 12/20/13 12:47 AM, Conal wrote: I do a lot of voices, voice editing and sound mastering. I'll be happy to try.

That sounds great! If you haven't already- drop me an email and we can go from there.

Cheers,
Mike - mikdanton@hotmail.com

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2013-12-31 19:58:25

I write to you again on the eve of the new year and in just a few moments the Emerald Isle will celebrate the conclusion of 2013 and embrace the future. It's only fitting that my letter to you also has a theme of renewal running through it.

Firstly in terms of conclusion, I'm very pleased to announce the production and release of our latest feature: "Over 9000" a short skit that parodies the meme that was first popularized in late 2006. Now, 8 years later- it almost stands as an anachronistic tribute to outrageous drama in voice acting. What can I say, you guys inspire me! Check it out at the link below, thumbs up and a brief word of encouragement for the cast is greatly appreciated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72gkEmD9R_g&feature=youtu.be

Salut to Brandon Coe and D.J. Dixon for their outstanding work.... I just have to pause for a moment and watch some fireworks, drink half a bottle of champagne and wonder what the hell a Lang Syne is (again).

Now in terms of renewal, we've got lots of scripts on the go and parts are consistently being filled by VA artists like yourself that begin by simply demonstrating an interest. For instance, just the other day we received four auditions for varied roles from a person who had never done any voice-work before, and we were very pleased indeed to accept him for each of those roles. You may see the current status of our casting and what projects are available at the following link:

You may also notice a new script has been added to the list that I'm very proud of and goes by the working title "Frankie the Falmer" It's going to have a bit of a re-write yet but as always we are keen to accept your expressions of interest.

Happy new year my friends. May you live in interesting times.

Michel Louie.

Response to M/f Va Needed For Continuing Series 2014-02-19 13:23:19

As per usual, It has been a considerable length of time since I've addressed each of you and subsequently I have neglected to inform you of the details of our latest projects. Although I've felt compelled to write to you sooner, only now can I comment on our current productions with certainty. A good deal has happened in the past few weeks, and so in the interests of brevity, I'll try to cover it as concisely as possible.

Firstly, our short film- 'The Black Market' which was fully cast and set for release has undergone a considerable re-write. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to me, the technical constrains of the Machinima medium have made this revision a difficult prospect. Difficult, but by no means impossible. Since our current aim is to produce less involved, but high quality films on a regular basis, the production has been pushed back. For your interest, you may view the completed script at:

http://aviticusdragon.com/machinima-...-voice-actors/

Also, our latest premiere feature 'The Recruit' has been completed to a high standard of production and as the website suggests, it now awaits release. What are we waiting for you may well ask? Well, in an effort to grow a greater awareness of what we do as filmmakers (and screenwriter) we simply aren't satisfied with the natural growth of a successful studio and so we have approached more populous channels to air our productions. Although our efforts to have "The Recruit" have yet been unsuccessful, we owe it to our actors and ourselves to gain as much exposure as possible.

Now, many of you have auditioned for 'Ask Dovahkiin' (now a working title) and it's true we've been reeling in that whale for a long time now. I just want to assure you that it's still a work in progress with much of it filmed and a re-write on the way. We've had to stagger its production in favour of smaller, more regular movies to keep the channel active and appeal to as many people as possible. As it happens we have a new script available for casting right now that's going to steal its thunder once again. It's a sequel to our first and curiously our most singularly popular movie: "The 10 Worst Pick-up Lines in Skyrim". We offer the script for your interest at the link above.
Since we're keen to get back to work on our primary feature, we have set 'The 10 Worst Pickuplines in Skyrim (Part Deaux)' as our first priority. We are also inclined to set the casting deadline for 72 hours after this message to facilitate speedy production.

As you can probably see, there is one main role for Dovahkiin and a large number of varied female roles, it's likely that our actresses will assume multiple parts, but if you have an interest and a good set-up, I can almost assure you, you'll be in the film.

So once again, we get to that part of the letter when I say: Please feel free to peruse our projects and audition for any and all roles that suit you. There's no format, no pressure- no constructed paradigm of application and absolutely no way of getting it wrong so we encourage you all to give it a shot. More to come.

Yours sincerely,

Michel Louie Danton
(screenwriter)