00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official "Review for Review" Thread

399,684 Views | 4,182 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 13:13:37

Hello there. Checkin out my signature, aren't ya?

Newest song:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/678733

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 14:09:54

Not to be a bummer or anything but I think that people should be more open on here. Like I don't mind if I get a good or bad review on my stuff. To be honest it helps me get better with my music and learn from my mistakes. I just think that people should work on their critic skills. Again I don't mind if I get a good or bad review but I'd like people to be more open minded and specific on details. If you just write " This song was okay but needs more stuff" I won't know what your trying to point out. Please just be more specific on your reviews and give it more thought and looks to it. After all, if someone gives you a good long review with detailed explanation on the wrongs and rights they deserve one alike. Please just consider giving more detail to your reviews.

"People say my music tells a story, that it transports them into a new plain of reality. I'd like to tell that story and perhaps show you something wonderful" - Teckmo-X

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 15:03:52

At 4/9/16 02:09 PM, Techmo-X wrote: Not to be a bummer or anything but I think that people should be more open on here. Like I don't mind if I get a good or bad review on my stuff. To be honest it helps me get better with my music and learn from my mistakes. I just think that people should work on their critic skills. Again I don't mind if I get a good or bad review but I'd like people to be more open minded and specific on details. If you just write " This song was okay but needs more stuff" I won't know what your trying to point out. Please just be more specific on your reviews and give it more thought and looks to it. After all, if someone gives you a good long review with detailed explanation on the wrongs and rights they deserve one alike. Please just consider giving more detail to your reviews.

I strongly agree with you and I cannot at all deny that I havent been lazy or careless myself. We can all admit it because its true. A few pages ago I believe I got a warning or something, dont remember. But I deserved it because I was just too damn lazy.
I am not calling you out and I dont want to cause a scene, but I remember when you reviewed my first submission here on NG. You wrote a review similar to your own example of what we all should avoid. Again, not calling you out.
The thing is that people want to be noticed and self-advertising on the forums is frowned upon, unless it is on the r4r or whatever. But since were all self-centered I dont think that any effective change will happen in terms of how detailed the reviews will be.

Im just waiting for the backlash...

Listen to drumstep awesomeness xd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/683617

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 15:15:44

At 4/9/16 03:03 PM, LaserVision wrote:
I strongly agree with you and I cannot at all deny that I havent been lazy or careless myself. We can all admit it because its true. A few pages ago I believe I got a warning or something, dont remember. But I deserved it because I was just too damn lazy.
I am not calling you out and I dont want to cause a scene, but I remember when you reviewed my first submission here on NG. You wrote a review similar to your own example of what we all should avoid. Again, not calling you out.
The thing is that people want to be noticed and self-advertising on the forums is frowned upon, unless it is on the r4r or whatever. But since were all self-centered I dont think that any effective change will happen in terms of how detailed the reviews will be.

Im just waiting for the backlash...

Yeah that's just the thing. We have artists that already have a good amount of people following and they are pretty known but they don't give out good reviews. Then there's the new boys and girls, trying hard to get noticed and writing a bunch to help out others and themselves. It seems that way and it's just not all that fair. It's like you know you have something good and you expect a good review from people but end up getting a single line saying " Good Job " -_- It's upsetting...

"People say my music tells a story, that it transports them into a new plain of reality. I'd like to tell that story and perhaps show you something wonderful" - Teckmo-X

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 16:33:47

Reviewed:

Please Review:

Not my best work but I love it just the same

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 20:24:08

I reviewed this:
Same Flat Beat - TheShowGuy
I would like this reviewed:
Patterns - LavaRift

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 20:42:10

At 4/9/16 08:24 PM, LavaRift wrote: I reviewed this:
Same Flat Beat - TheShowGuy
I would like this reviewed:
Patterns - LavaRift

Nice one liner.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-09 20:51:33

Newest song:

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-10 06:59:04

I reviewed this

Review my garbage please

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-10 14:57:38

Reviewed:

Review please:

Newest song:

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-11 10:25:13

Like anything you hear? Please Subscribe to Hear More!

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-11 10:51:25

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-12 12:25:51

Ok, I reviewed this:

Could someone please give me feedback on this (and please read the description before you do)

Thanks in advance!

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-12 15:54:34

At 4/12/16 12:25 PM, SierraRising wrote: Thanks in advance!

inb4 u get skipped

jk i reviewed your thing:

my thing:

p.s. i am gay

hi!

BBS Signature

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-13 13:59:52

At 4/13/16 08:32 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Please give some feedback on this one:

Reviewed this one:

I could really use feedback on this:

Thanks in advance, I hope you enjoy it!

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-14 19:48:11

Newest song:

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-16 11:03:16

i want to review the last song, but it seems to be stolen... what should i do!?

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-16 17:21:15

Reviewed this.

(Mary had a littilelamp lol.)
@littlelamp100 Thepart that I said "decorating the pattern with lower velocity notes" I meant something like in 0:22 of this. I avoided including the link in my review because it might count as self-advertising.

I know it's not that good but wanna know why.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-18 14:18:10

It's been a long time since I haven't posted here. Hey guys!

Reviewed this:

Would love a fair review on my latest stuff:

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-18 15:02:21

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-18 15:26:02

At 4/18/16 07:35 AM, Codly wrote: Reviewed
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/674908
Okay... Let's Try Something Different....

This Is My First Attempt To Make Dubstep Track... I Know It's Kinda Bad.... ._.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/680479

You skipped me. You can't just review a random track. It must be to the previous post.

Still no review for

BBS Signature

Response to Official "Review for Review" Thread 2016-04-18 16:08:46

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

hi!

BBS Signature

Wow !

Okay.