End of day one. Progress time!
I spent a good portion of the day running personal errands, so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. I did, however, get a pretty basic platformer almost complete. There's just one more minor-ish bug that's bothering me (bugging me, you might say) and then I can work on the more advanced stuff while my artist/animator finishes up the character sprite sheet.
The code's pretty terrible right now, but that's mostly because I shoved a bunch of stuff in one class to get everything running as quickly as possible for testing. Should be a simple case of cut and paste.
The one thing that didn't quite go as smoothly as I had hoped was getting the animations to sprite sheets to begin with. Since I'm the only one with CS6, i've been doing it myself. Turns out, the Flash IDE isn't the easiest thing to work with. Took me quite a few hours to figure out I needed a bunch of stuff I overlooked.