Be a Supporter!
SwedishPlumTrees
SwedishPlumTrees
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Volume is low? 2013-06-15 20:17:42 Reply

So, I've recorded the lines, created the sound effects, yada yada. They sound pretty loud in audacity. However, when I import them into Flash, it sounds very quiet and it becomes hard to hear. Any way to fix this problem? I'm not too sure why it sounds quiet, considering I amplified the sounds to their max without "clipping" in audacity. Thanks in advance. :)

Sub-vibe
Sub-vibe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Volume is low? 2013-06-16 05:50:28 Reply

File > Publish Settings > Flash > Audio Stream > 160 kbps Audio Event > 160 kbps
worked?

SwedishPlumTrees
SwedishPlumTrees
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Volume is low? 2013-06-16 22:33:43 Reply

Narp, I'm afraid not. I have it set to Speech 44Khz, and it sounds fine (wasn't sure which setting I was supposed to set it to for your answer), but the audio is still low. Thanks anyways. Any other suggestions?

2tailedknight
2tailedknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Volume is low? 2013-06-17 17:19:47 Reply

At 6/16/13 10:33 PM, BudMadeMeWiser wrote: Narp, I'm afraid not. I have it set to Speech 44Khz, and it sounds fine (wasn't sure which setting I was supposed to set it to for your answer), but the audio is still low. Thanks anyways. Any other suggestions?

few suggestions
A) Make sure the layer with the sound is selected -> properties -> edit. Make sure the white boxes are up

B) Right the speaker on your home screen and open sound mixer to see if flash is turned down for any reason

C) Try a different format

D) listen to the sound outside of flash, if it's fine then it's something with flash, if not then it's audacity

hope that helps

Can anyone send me a message on how to make notifications when people respond to you on forums?
(Book marking, track threads, something)

SwedishPlumTrees
SwedishPlumTrees
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Volume is low? 2013-06-17 18:16:28 Reply

Success! I fixed it. For some reason, Windows was making Flash lower on the volume mixer. Much appreciated. However, I do have one last question. I recorded audio, and it sounds fine when streaming, but if I hit ctrl+enter to test the movie, the audio has static pops in it. Which one is more accurate when it comes to the final product? Thanks again.

2tailedknight
2tailedknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Volume is low? 2013-06-19 00:56:34 Reply

At 6/17/13 06:16 PM, BudMadeMeWiser wrote: Success! I fixed it. For some reason, Windows was making Flash lower on the volume mixer. Much appreciated. However, I do have one last question. I recorded audio, and it sounds fine when streaming, but if I hit ctrl+enter to test the movie, the audio has static pops in it. Which one is more accurate when it comes to the final product? Thanks again.

Oh that's easy.

File -> publish settings -> flash tab

Set the audio stream and audio event to somewhere around 128 kbps and make the quality good.

This will be a standard fix, however if you were doing a really long audio animation, you want to do a few tests and make the quality of the audio as low as you can get before it starts losing quality. Audio makes your project file much larger

Can anyone send me a message on how to make notifications when people respond to you on forums?
(Book marking, track threads, something)