• 531 Replies
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 02:25 PM

Very interesting...almost 3/4 of the entrants aren't even going to get a chance. That's sort of scary.

BBS Signature
geniebmusic
geniebmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 02:49 PM

Hi!

I noticed that you linked to my old submission (Mysterious First Class) for this audition. However, I posted my new submission (Salt, Water, and Iron) for the audition before the deadline. Here is the post I made: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1342402/14#bbspost247222 00_post_text

Also, here is the new submission I wanted to use:

• Salt, Water, and Iron
    Salt, Water, and Iron by geniebmusic

Another song made for an original soundtrack by Genesis B.

Score
    4.66 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

Thank you so much for reading and your hardwork! I hope I am not too late for pointing this out.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 04:00 PM

At 7/16/13 02:25 PM, ZipZipper wrote: Very interesting...almost 3/4 of the entrants aren't even going to get a chance. That's sort of scary.

NGADM is arguably the biggest annual contest we have on NG so it's not surprising so many people pop out from under their rocks and toss in a submission.. hell even the newbies know what it is.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 05:10 PM

At 7/16/13 02:49 PM, geniebmusic wrote: Hi!

I noticed that you linked to my old submission (Mysterious First Class) for this audition. However, I posted my new submission (Salt, Water, and Iron) for the audition before the deadline. Here is the post I made: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1342402/14#bbspost247222 00_post_text

That's my second mistake already. Whoops.

Taken into account! Thanks for pointing it out.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Ceevro
Ceevro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 06:59 PM

Looking forward to the challenge! Best of luck to all, and with this pool, just getting in will be one hell of an accomplishment!

skyood
skyood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 07:25 PM

At 7/16/13 02:25 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
hell even the newbies know what it is.

Isn't that part of the point of these contests? Get to hear new "voices?"

BBS Signature
alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 08:57 PM

Damn you all, 234 auditions

I will NOT be crying about how many submissions are going to be rejected

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 08:59 PM

I won't be surprised if it takes longer to judge things but I can imagine it'll have to be quick, I'm sure it's organized enough but man...234 in 5 days...that's really crazy! Good luck to everyone, I'll be shocked if I make it.

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 09:30 PM

At 7/16/13 04:00 PM, Cross666 wrote: NGADM is arguably the biggest annual contest we have on NG . . .hell even the newbies know what it is.

I've been on Newgrounds posting music for 7 years, but I somehow didn't find out about the contest until last year. >_<

Blacklawn
Blacklawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 09:42 PM

At 7/16/13 08:59 PM, RealFaction wrote: I won't be surprised if it takes longer to judge things but I can imagine it'll have to be quick, I'm sure it's organized enough but man...234 in 5 days...that's really crazy! Good luck to everyone, I'll be shocked if I make it.

Seriously? I thought your song was awesome .-.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

At 7/16/13 09:42 PM, Blacklawn wrote:
At 7/16/13 08:59 PM, RealFaction wrote: I won't be surprised if it takes longer to judge things but I can imagine it'll have to be quick, I'm sure it's organized enough but man...234 in 5 days...that's really crazy! Good luck to everyone, I'll be shocked if I make it.
Seriously? I thought your song was awesome .-.

Thanks lol but there's a lot of tough competition and I never expect anything, that's the one thing I believe in about being a musician: Follow your dreams and keep hope alive, but without any expectations, and try your best.

aliaspharow
aliaspharow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

At 7/16/13 10:11 PM, RealFaction wrote:
Thanks lol but there's a lot of tough competition and I never expect anything, that's the one thing I believe in about being a musician: Follow your dreams and keep hope alive, but without any expectations, and try your best.

Yes I'm afraid even being in the top of a previous competition assures you nothing. i've changed my style allot and I wouldn't be surprised if it appeals less to these judges even tho half of them remain the same judges. the elite 64 will truely be the Elite 64

Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 11:08 PM

234 entries...?

As I said before, I'll be watching this one from afar. If I make it in, I'll consider it a victory enough!

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 07:51 AM

At 7/16/13 10:49 PM, aliaspharow wrote:
At 7/16/13 10:11 PM, RealFaction wrote:
Yes I'm afraid even being in the top of a previous competition assures you nothing. i've changed my style allot and I wouldn't be surprised if it appeals less to these judges even tho half of them remain the same judges. the elite 64 will truely be the Elite 64

Third-place in NGADM 2011, meet third-place in NGADM 2012. ;-)

I don't know if elitism is really the word, because truth be told, in the top 64 last year, they made the entrants have varying genres. There were three people who knew Classical, two who knew Jazz, a few VGM artists (including Waterflame), a few rockers (including Kor-Rune), a few EDM, and I was the only New Age-participant. My first submission wasn't New Age, but the rest of them might as well be.

Now there are many solid composers out there. Would it be fair if EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was an EDM producer, for instance?

Choosing between composers is hard, and I can assure you that if I were to pick out all of them, I'd be torn quite easily.

All the best to all participants -- fingers cross and hands clasped together!

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

I feel like I am entering some Tiesto remix competition. Pretty much no chance

BBS Signature
geniebmusic
geniebmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 01:50 PM

At 7/16/13 05:10 PM, Step wrote:
At 7/16/13 02:49 PM, geniebmusic wrote: Hi!

That's my second mistake already. Whoops.

Taken into account! Thanks for pointing it out.

Thank you very much! And don't worry; with a list like that, mistakes were bound to happen lol!

Speaking of the list, the judges are going to have one heck of a time going through that monster o___o All the power to you, judges. Seriously.

I've barely been here half a year, and looking at all the other kick-butt, seasoned musicians makes me feel a bit intimidated. Whoever makes the top 64 will definitely have deserved it!

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 02:54 PM

At 7/17/13 07:51 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
I don't know if elitism is really the word, because truth be told, in the top 64 last year, they made the entrants have varying genres. There were three people who knew Classical, two who knew Jazz, a few VGM artists (including Waterflame), a few rockers (including Kor-Rune), a few EDM, and I was the only New Age-participant. My first submission wasn't New Age, but the rest of them might as well be.

Now there are many solid composers out there. Would it be fair if EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was an EDM producer, for instance?

Choosing between composers is hard, and I can assure you that if I were to pick out all of them, I'd be torn quite easily.

All the best to all participants -- fingers cross and hands clasped together!

Interesting considering I do many genres such as electronic (chiptune, techno, trance, house, etc), metal, rock, orchestral, industrial, hiphop, etc. I hope that qualifies me lol

Apilot
Apilot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 08:26 PM

I never get my hopes up, good luck to everyone.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 08:33 PM

At 7/16/13 02:25 PM, ZipZipper wrote: Very interesting...almost 3/4 of the entrants aren't even going to get a chance. That's sort of scary.

Well, I'm not too afraid. I for one know that I'm going to make it in to the contest. I'm the best musician on newgrounds after all. Hands down. My mom said so. She's never wrong.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 09:26 PM

At 7/17/13 08:33 PM, Quarl wrote: I for one know that I'm going to make it in to the contest. I'm the best musician on newgrounds after all. Hands down. My mom said so. She's never wrong.

This is profound.

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

Quarl is is own hype-man.

BBS Signature
Nimble
Nimble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 03:07 AM

232 Auditions....Yikes.

Going to listen down the list, since I don't have much else to do. I'm liking alot of these. might make a playlist for kicks.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 03:41 AM

Day 3:

I am 116 auditions in.

There is still no end in sight.

Some pretty sweet stuff so far though
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 10:28 AM

At 7/16/13 02:16 PM, frootza wrote: No worries Step, either way the Deathmatch is going to be amazing. I really mean this, its totally cool if I was too late. No hard feelings at all. I'll be checking in on the entries either way. Thanks for taking it into consideration I really appreciate it.

Echo and I have decided. Your audition will be considered.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Sielumetsien
Sielumetsien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 10:49 AM

2 more days!

God, this is so tense. This is probably the biggest contest I have ever entered in my life. And if I ever make in (95% if won't make) I would drink until I couldn't anymore. Should have composed a better entry...

My heartbeats raise every time I click this thread.

Blacklawn
Blacklawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 11:25 AM

In the occasion that I get in the competition, I really hope I don't run out of inspiration to do quality tracks every two weeks. I've been making songs fairly often, but this still intimidates me...

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 11:47 AM

At 7/18/13 10:49 AM, Sielumetsien wrote:
2 more days!
God, this is so tense. This is probably the biggest contest I have ever entered in my life. And if I ever make in (95% if won't make) I would drink until I couldn't anymore. Should have composed a better entry...

If you think this is getting your heart beating, wait until you have sex for the first time.

BBS Signature
aliaspharow
aliaspharow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 12:07 PM

At 7/18/13 11:47 AM, Cross666 wrote:
At 7/18/13 10:49 AM, Sielumetsien wrote:
2 more days!

If you think this is getting your heart beating, wait until you have sex for the first time.

LOL xD that made me laugh. But seriously, the likelyhood of the auditions being finished on the target date are second to none. its atleast a 7 day job if you ask me and compare to past NGADM competitions. The suspence is always present

Tyven
Tyven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

At 7/18/13 11:25 AM, Blacklawn wrote: In the occasion that I get in the competition, I really hope I don't run out of inspiration to do quality tracks every two weeks. I've been making songs fairly often, but this still intimidates me...

Same here.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to N G A D M '13: Auditions Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 02:24 PM

At 7/18/13 12:07 PM, aliaspharow wrote: LOL xD that made me laugh. But seriously, the likelyhood of the auditions being finished on the target date are second to none. its atleast a 7 day job if you ask me and compare to past NGADM competitions. The suspence is always present

True that boo

BBS Signature