00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Follow Friday and the NG subreddit

15,110 Views | 50 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 09:24:22

At 6/16/13 07:26 AM, VicariousE wrote: Adding 15 more 'Latest Submissions' to the Portal might not seem like much, but it's a damn fine upgrade. Not only does it fill out the bottom of the page nicely, it's been showing an actual bottom to the UJ entries! Nice job Tom, it's the little things.....

Welcome change for sure, but I wonder if it would make things even better if they expanded the classic portals UJ section to 100...

Watch Shark Black HERE Watch CoolJaw HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 11:21:37

At 6/14/13 11:28 AM, TomFulp wrote: Newgrounds 4 Life

Word.

One thing I should mention; there are tons of 3d artists out there that I know have no idea NG is a potential platform for their work... its understandable considering NG previously only accepted flash submissions. I'm going to try to get 3d animation producers to publish their content here as I discover them. There are a few artists in mind I think who's work would do well on Newgrounds.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 11:25:13

'I'm just like that. I'm actually thinking about deleting my facebook. Newgrounds FOREVA!'

This guy above me is electrifying!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 12:20:53

Oh! By the way, I just noticed that the forums are orange again! Glad to see it, Tom! Just wondering, do the supporters get the blue hue in the Games section and the Red in the Movies section too? Or is that gonna be gray for everyone permanently?

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 13:53:39

"...if you have a Google account, which you probably do because it's kinda unavoidable."
Oh that is so true.
Also it would be cool if you uploaded art on NG Facebook page. It would be nice to see real art instead of girls taking selfies.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 18:23:19

At 6/16/13 09:24 AM, Celx-Requin wrote: Welcome change for sure, but I wonder if it would make things even better if they expanded the classic portals UJ section to 100...

I made the suggestion for 75-100, one or two newsposts ago. Guess Tom thought it would look untidy.... the Classic Portal's layout hasn't changed at all in a very, very long time.

It's like buying a new belt, after you simply accept the fact, you're getting fatter, or older. So far, the extra 15 slots are coping with the few extra pounds of new submissions. (Voting=exercise/work)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 18:35:53

At 6/14/13 11:30 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/14/13 11:26 AM, Gimmick wrote: I guess that's why you removed the "no 'I'm new' threads" rule, Tom?
People nowadays aren't as into forums as they used to be, they have SO MANY online places to hang out and socialize. If someone chooses to make the NG forum their place to socialize, it's like a GIFT that should be cherished... Unless they end up being totally annoying... But really it just comes down to being welcoming to people who have chosen NG.

You should tell the mods to stop acting like the gestapo then. Every time I make a post anywhere someone tells me off, and I've been banned twice... I don't post there very much because I feel like an invading virus...

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 19:15:45

Id rather not go on reddit though

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 20:50:10

At 6/16/13 06:35 PM, Kajenx wrote: You should tell the mods to stop acting like the gestapo then. Every time I make a post anywhere someone tells me off, and I've been banned twice... I don't post there very much because I feel like an invading virus...

It's probably your fault, then, because the mods have been ridiculously lenient for quite a while, now. They let all kinds of shit go, now. How do you even get banned anymore without trying? They're not remotely like the Gestapo, as you said. They're more like 17 year old camp counselors.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 09:29:21

I visited the subreddit and found this:

Just reminds me that Newgrounds people can produce some of the most random things....

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 10:31:38

At 6/15/13 03:23 AM, VicariousE wrote: Really hope Tom looks into and implements those NG 'business' cards I suggested.

What's stopping you from getting your own? Places like vistaprint let you make whatever you want right on their site or you can create your own design and upload it. I didn't sign in to get the final pricing, but on a similar site you could get 100 cards for $20-30. Or better yet... just print them out yourself on your home printer.

Follow Friday and the NG subreddit

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 10:51:22

At 6/17/13 10:31 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:

What's stopping you from getting your own? Places like vistaprint let you make whatever you want right on their site or you can create your own design and upload it. I didn't sign in to get the final pricing, but on a similar site you could get 100 cards for $20-30. Or better yet... just print them out yourself on your home printer.

Well that looks rather fancy! I have no idea when I would use something like that but I really want one now.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 11:30:02

Thanks for making NewGrounds Tom.

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 11:35:21

At 6/16/13 06:23 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 6/16/13 09:24 AM, Celx-Requin wrote: Welcome change for sure, but I wonder if it would make things even better if they expanded the classic portals UJ section to 100...
I made the suggestion for 75-100, one or two newsposts ago. Guess Tom thought it would look untidy.... the Classic Portal's layout hasn't changed at all in a very, very long time.

It's like buying a new belt, after you simply accept the fact, you're getting fatter, or older. So far, the extra 15 slots are coping with the few extra pounds of new submissions. (Voting=exercise/work)

I was on the side of more but Jim gave 65 a shot since it matched up the lengths to the other columns. Still intend to address the length of judgment once this other set of publishing updates is pushed live. There would be too many cooks in the kitchen if we tried to do it beforehand.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 16:08:17

At 6/17/13 10:31 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: What's stopping you from getting your own? Places like vistaprint let you make whatever you want right on their site or you can create your own design and upload it. I didn't sign in to get the final pricing, but on a similar site you could get 100 cards for $20-30. Or better yet... just print them out yourself on your home printer.

Aww, thanks for the object lesson, looks sweet! Like most folks of advanced age, not only has my printer ink dried up, but the printer itself has hit the landfill. I figured if Tom wanted to take a chance on a big bulk order of generic business cards, the supporters could hand them out, and add their username to the back if they wanted.

Usually IRL when you mention Newgrounds, it's like, "What's it called, New-Ground(s)? And what do they have there?" At least with a card, they have a solid link, and not just a passing (usually forgetful) conversation... I'll use your picture as a template to make some cards, but without my name. Whose card was that anyways? I like the old tank better :)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 16:20:36

At 6/17/13 04:08 PM, VicariousE wrote: Aww, thanks for the object lesson, looks sweet! Like most folks of advanced age, not only has my printer ink dried up, but the printer itself has hit the landfill. I figured if Tom wanted to take a chance on a big bulk order of generic business cards, the supporters could hand them out, and add their username to the back if they wanted.

Oh for some reason I thought you were hoping for cards with custom printed user info on them, which is where it would get tricky since we would have to print those in the office with something that is reliable (we had some bad luck with a printer that ultimately doomed the NG award certificates). If it came down to blank cards that people could fill out, that could be more doable... Although still more likely to be something that gets stuffed in with physical store orders and monthly checks where the mail is already going out... And it really would be neat if they could be custom printed with your username on them. Really wonder how many people would keep them on-hand.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-17 21:48:58

At 6/17/13 04:20 PM, TomFulp wrote: Really wonder how many people would keep them on-hand.

I would never let mine leave my wallet.

Just walking up to random assholes and dropping
"Now, I know you're wondering who I am. With my suave voice, chiseled abs and shaved nipples, how could you not? Don't worry, I can see the sheer amount of curiosity eating you up. Look at me when I'm speaking to you, I'm not technically nude in public.

I'll have you know I'm a relatively unknown user of a fairly popular flash-based website. Here's my card. Keep it. It'll come in handy."
Then just strutting away or something.

Some other uses for this magnificent idea:
- Slipping it to a police officer who's giving you a ticket and telling them "I hope this will change your mind."
- Handing them out at funerals, and telling them that you specialize in this type of occasion.
- Stapling them to five-dollar notes and giving them to kids with a wink and a "Don't tell your mother".

Yes, I can see no way that this could go wrong. At all, really.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-18 01:08:53

At 6/16/13 08:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 6/16/13 06:35 PM, Kajenx wrote: You should tell the mods to stop acting like the gestapo then. Every time I make a post anywhere someone tells me off, and I've been banned twice... I don't post there very much because I feel like an invading virus...
It's probably your fault, then, because the mods have been ridiculously lenient for quite a while, now. They let all kinds of shit go, now. How do you even get banned anymore without trying? They're not remotely like the Gestapo, as you said. They're more like 17 year old camp counselors.

When Google did one of their fancy images for the Olympic games in China, I thought it looked like the castle crashers, so I made a post with an image of it in the General forum and was banned for 3 days. The other time, I made a post in the flash forum about Stamper's cartoons for that mini flash player they had on the front page, and I was banned for "posting in the wrong forum."

That seems pretty far from lenient to me... *eyeroll*

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-18 06:30:22

At 6/18/13 01:08 AM, Kajenx wrote: When Google did one of their fancy images for the Olympic games in China, I thought it looked like the castle crashers, so I made a post with an image of it in the General forum and was banned for 3 days. The other time, I made a post in the flash forum about Stamper's cartoons for that mini flash player they had on the front page, and I was banned for "posting in the wrong forum."

Do you know who banned you? I get so frustrated when I hear banning stories like this, people should only be getting banned if they are intentionally spamming / trolling on a large scale - everything else can simply be deleted if it's actually breaking rules.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-18 12:39:32

regarding the video upload feature, will it ever show a progress bar?
I tried uploaded a video and left it for over an hour and it still showed up as 'uploading'.. Could be the crappy internet here, or some other problem. It's 300Mb.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-18 23:37:28

At 6/18/13 06:30 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/18/13 01:08 AM, Kajenx wrote: When Google did one of their fancy images for the Olympic games in China, I thought it looked like the castle crashers, so I made a post with an image of it in the General forum and was banned for 3 days. The other time, I made a post in the flash forum about Stamper's cartoons for that mini flash player they had on the front page, and I was banned for "posting in the wrong forum."

Do you know who banned you? I get so frustrated when I hear banning stories like this, people should only be getting banned if they are intentionally spamming / trolling on a large scale - everything else can simply be deleted if it's actually breaking rules.

ReNaeNae said I should mention this all happened years ago, so I wouldn't upset you. ^3^

Although, I do remember the person who banned me for posting in the wrong forum was jmtb02, if you wanted to help me serve a cold dish of revenge. That's right, everyone, I have a long memory, so don't &$#% with me. XD

I just remember because I hero worshiped his particles and was sad that I had annoyed him...

BBS Signature