00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Follow Friday and the NG subreddit

15,113 Views | 50 Replies
Respond to this Topic

If you find an artist you like on Newgrounds, be sure to click the red heart to FOLLOW them. Here are some recommendations from this week:

Movies

http://darqv.newgrounds.com/
http://faceofdoomness.newgrounds.com/
http://soundark.newgrounds.com/

Games

http://puffballsunited.newgrounds.com/
http://innomin.newgrounds.com/
http://molkman.newgrounds.com/

Art

http://roastedstix.newgrounds.com/
http://1600.newgrounds.com/
http://syringes.newgrounds.com/

Music

http://petersatera.newgrounds.com/
http://jimmypig.newgrounds.com/
http://ulfusng.newgrounds.com/

In other news, Luis re-skinned the Newgrounds subreddit and we're now promoting it alongside our other internet outposts!

It's tempting for me to plug NG submissions on Reddit the way I do on the NG Tumblr, Facebook, etc. but I feel like things on reddit are most interesting when they are shared by the person who made them. If you've made something and uploaded it on NG, you should definitely attempt to share it on reddit. The big decision will be which subreddit you classify it under. If you've made a video game parody, you might have the best odds in the Gaming subreddit. If you want to get in front of the NG crowd though, the NG subreddit is a great place to share. The important thing now is that we build that crowd - if you have a reddit account, be sure to subscribe to the Newgrounds subreddit!

Keep in mind that if you already visit NG daily, you don't need to join a new site just because we have an outpost there. We set up these outposts because we acknowledge that some NG fans spend most their time on other sites. If you're an NG fan who visits NG once a month but visits reddit daily, the NG subreddit is a great way to keep you in the loop. Same for those of you who hang out on Tumblr or Facebook or whatever your preferred place is. We even have a Newgrounds Pinterest if you happen to frequent that site.

It's rewarding when people on these sites interact with our posts, since it really validates the effort. Tumblr and Facebook have been good for this so far. Google+ is like a wasteland but I'm gonna keep trying, so be sure to follow us if you have a Google account, which you probably do because it's kinda unavoidable. And try to + the stuff you like so I know you saw it. If all this effort works, it should help expose NG and the contributors to NG to a much wider audience.

Don't miss Game Jam 9, currently in the Art Jam phase leading up to the actual game jam later next week!

BTW our reddit header is based on this 2010 Calendar Contest entry by AssKiller:

You should follow him too:

http://asskiller.newgrounds.com/

Follow Friday and the NG subreddit

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 11:19:00

No, I won't show up on the other sites because I'd rather die than register there. (Yes, even Google)

Also, 1st!

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 11:26:56

At 6/14/13 11:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: And try to + the stuff you like so I know you saw it. If all this effort works, it should help expose NG and the contributors to NG to a much wider audience.

I guess that's why you removed the "no 'I'm new' threads" rule, Tom?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 11:28:34

At 6/14/13 11:19 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: No, I won't show up on the other sites because I'd rather die than register there. (Yes, even Google)

Also, 1st!

Newgrounds 4 Life

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 11:30:04

At 6/14/13 11:26 AM, Gimmick wrote: I guess that's why you removed the "no 'I'm new' threads" rule, Tom?

People nowadays aren't as into forums as they used to be, they have SO MANY online places to hang out and socialize. If someone chooses to make the NG forum their place to socialize, it's like a GIFT that should be cherished... Unless they end up being totally annoying... But really it just comes down to being welcoming to people who have chosen NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 11:39:10

At 6/14/13 11:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: In other news, Luis re-skinned the Newgrounds subreddit and we're now promoting it alongside our other internet outposts!

Looks slick!

My only complaint is there's no link to navigate back to the NG subreddit next to the navigation bar like the default setup does.
I don't know how much it bothers other people, but for me personally it gets a bit tedious navigating. If you could make it so that the whole background image links back to the subreddit frontpage that'd be a great fix.

Other ways are to add a Newgrounds version of the reddit alien, and have that redirect to the frontpage of reddit instead.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 11:58:34

At 6/14/13 11:30 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/14/13 11:26 AM, Gimmick wrote: I guess that's why you removed the "no 'I'm new' threads" rule, Tom?
People nowadays aren't as into forums as they used to be, they have SO MANY online places to hang out and socialize. If someone chooses to make the NG forum their place to socialize, it's like a GIFT that should be cherished... Unless they end up being totally annoying... But really it just comes down to being welcoming to people who have chosen NG.

And yet people try to drive away new users and then most of em proceed to complain that there aren't enough people on here. As if they aren't a big part of the problem.
I mean I'm okay with seeing some flaming when it comes to new people but at times gets out of hand really fast.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 12:52:48

Great idea for 'Recommended who fo follow' ! Should be issued every week.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 12:55:53

And in unrelated news, Newgrounds should have an official Skype account which should always be online, and host weekly conferences and such.

It'll also be like that Voice Test user, like a shoulder for someone to cry (or, more appropriately for NG, jizz) on.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 14:47:02

It's a great idea to try to promote NG through the channels available, though I worry a bit about the crowd that may come. I've noted the NG crowd getting better this year (I can view the review section without crying), so I hope it only contributes. We really had YouTube-tier stuff there for a while.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 17:56:58

How about closing door on NG accounts, making this place extremely exclusive thus attracting everyone just because it's so exclusive?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 18:03:27

I hang out more on Newgrounds than I do my Facebook, in fact NG is probably the only website I visit every day. Always something new and interesting here, tons of inspiration to draw from and it keeps my little "art dream" alive.

It's interesting that there are outposts in other territories like Reddit, G+, and Twitter...but all of those combined don't really compare to the interest I have in NG. I even prefer the Art of NG to DeviantArt.

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 19:14:48

Is it just me, or did the quality of that "Flairs - Truckers Delight" video get dramatically increased from the last time I watched it.... maybe somebody clued them in about swivel?

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 22:49:15

Anyone who names themself "Asskiller" is okay in my book. I can assure you that I'm never going to visit Reddit, though. The layout is so aggressively awful that browsing it for any length of time makes me nauseous. I don't know how people put up with it.

At 6/14/13 11:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: People nowadays aren't as into forums as they used to be, they have SO MANY online places to hang out and socialize. If someone chooses to make the NG forum their place to socialize, it's like a GIFT that should be cherished...

Any two-bit webmaster can host a simple BBS, and just about every single webmaster has decided to do so. Why not sign onto our milky teats and discuss the dripping satchels of tender white meat with our other losers who've yet to realise that they're giving "obscurity" a bad name?

There are forums and gatherings of chucklefucks still that charge for admission and have a waiting list to filter out the less determined tits. This is hilarious on more levels then I can count, which is up to 3.

"No "I'm new" threads" was always a dumb rule because it filtered out the kind of people still greenhorned enough to be susceptible to Stockholm Syndrome and call the first forum they land on "supreme gathering of not-chucklefucks". Chances are that if someone isn't immediately going to try and make a "I'm new" thread, then they've already gone through this tumblefuck charade before and as such will not beg forgiveness when you backhand them for being such a little bitch.

So. This new direction makes sense.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 23:11:13

I hang out more on Newgrounds than I do my Facebook, in fact NG is probably the only website I visit every day. Always something new and interesting here, tons of inspiration to draw from and it keeps my little "art dream" alive.

Same here, I love visiting Newgrounds. It's kinda my morning routine now.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 23:14:51

Same here, I love visiting Newgrounds. It's kinda my morning routine now.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-14 23:30:30

Lol NG subreddit looks cooler than other subreddits I have seen so far

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 00:19:42

At 6/14/13 11:30 AM, TomFulp wrote:

The internet in general has became a washed-up, Mickey Mouse version of its former self. Serious forum posters seem to stay on news/political/sports sites, though the amount of shit throwing is only slightly reduced and the intelligence factor... about the same, just with older, more experienced users at hand.

Newgrounds 4 Life

Damn straight.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 00:34:42

At 6/14/13 06:03 PM, PoisonHeart wrote: I hang out more on Newgrounds than I do my Facebook, in fact NG is probably the only website I visit every day. Always something new and interesting here, tons of inspiration to draw from and it keeps my little "art dream" alive.

Same here... well, I think this place sucked the inspiration right outta me.

It's interesting that there are outposts in other territories like Reddit, G+, and Twitter...but all of those combined don't really compare to the interest I have in NG. I even prefer the Art of NG to DeviantArt.

As soon as NG made the Art Portal, I completely ditched dA, not that it was improving anyway. It was obvious the Mods there were playing favorites. That's one thing NG's good about: inclusiveness and opportunity.

At 6/14/13 07:14 PM, deathink wrote: Is it just me, or did the quality of that "Flairs - Truckers Delight" video get dramatically increased from the last time I watched it.... maybe somebody clued them in about swivel?

Staff had to make sure it was legit. Tom emailed around but didn't get an answer till just recently. Would you like to FP something that was stolen? Shit, me neither. If there's doubt, then there is no doubt; you gotta look into it. It was just too good to be true :)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 03:08:00

At 6/15/13 12:34 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 6/14/13 06:03 PM, PoisonHeart wrote: I hang out more on Newgrounds than I do my Facebook, in fact NG is probably the only website I visit every day. Always something new and interesting here, tons of inspiration to draw from and it keeps my little "art dream" alive.
Same here... well, I think this place sucked the inspiration right outta me.

Haha, good old "under judgement" portal. nothing says "FLIP OUT AND CRUSH A DREAM" like playing 40 broken games.

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 03:23:48

At 6/15/13 03:08 AM, PoisonHeart wrote: Haha, good old "under judgement" portal. nothing says "FLIP OUT AND CRUSH A DREAM" like playing 40 broken games.

I used to play the games, right after I voted on all the new movies, as a kind of bonus/treat. But with an increase in submissions and a decrease of voters, it's hard to get to all those craptastic games, and give them the blamming they deserve.... and they're prime for stolen or shovelware submissions too :\

Since Pico Day, every 2-3 weeks or so, I find myself next to younger folks, talking about online stuff... and I hardly go anywhere! Really hope Tom looks into and implements those NG 'business' cards I suggested. They don't even have to be custom or special, just a 2"x3.5" thick piece of paper, with the web address... and maybe a code for extra experience points for signing up from a supporter's referral... maybe good for 2 new signups. The armed forces used to do something similar; join with a friend, and you both become Private First Class, instead of a buck Private. Maybe even send the business cards along with mail-orders, and a few to whoever wins the Monthly Voting pool.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 05:12:25

In all of the places you could have advertised it in why did you advertise on Reddit?

filler text

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 05:19:54

love to play "Newgrounds"

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 05:24:08

At 6/15/13 03:23 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 6/15/13 03:08 AM, PoisonHeart wrote: Haha, good old "under judgement" portal. nothing says "FLIP OUT AND CRUSH A DREAM" like playing 40 broken games.
I used to play the games, right after I voted on all the new movies, as a kind of bonus/treat. But with an increase in submissions and a decrease of voters, it's hard to get to all those craptastic games, and give them the blamming they deserve.... and they're prime for stolen or shovelware submissions too :\

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I'm pretty sure that's what crashed the U.S. game industry in '83.

Since Pico Day, every 2-3 weeks or so, I find myself next to younger folks, talking about online stuff... and I hardly go anywhere! Really hope Tom looks into and implements those NG 'business' cards I suggested. They don't even have to be custom or special, just a 2"x3.5" thick piece of paper, with the web address... and maybe a code for extra experience points for signing up from a supporter's referral... maybe good for 2 new signups. The armed forces used to do something similar; join with a friend, and you both become Private First Class, instead of a buck Private. Maybe even send the business cards along with mail-orders, and a few to whoever wins the Monthly Voting pool.

Well, yeah, but that crap costs money! I can't even get wedding invitations printed for less than $50 for 50-100 people. And then all those little gates they gotta build to give out that referral credit...oh, f*ck it, SPAM THIS @TOMFULP

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 05:39:19

At 6/14/13 11:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you find an artist you like on Newgrounds, be sure to click the red heart to FOLLOW them. Here are some recommendations from this week:

Hey Tom, check out this cool pic i took

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 05:58:51

At 6/15/13 05:39 AM, CommaNG wrote:
At 6/14/13 11:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you find an artist you like on Newgrounds, be sure to click the red heart to FOLLOW them. Here are some recommendations from this week:
Hey Tom, check out this cool pic i took

omg so chocking xDDDD
EPIC trole man!!!1

No.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 11:19:45

Okay look - I've been here since 2002 but you've made this site unbearable with adds on the side you can click by mistake that interrupt your game/movie, all this bullshit phone games and mmo games that no one gives a fuck about and worse of all this bullshit front page. Once the front page was meant to express the views of the crowd, now it's just an advertising spots for games no one gives two shits about like the madness game that's been there for MONTHS and only updated like twice or the whole bunch of MMOs that are flooding the web. Jesus man get your shit together. Don't let this become another facebook man. Where's the newgrounds I know and love? It feels like a funnygames.biz site rather than good old newgrounds. Yeah I realize you're no longer an artist now and that you care nothing but to make more money for yourself even though in my opinion you have more than you deserve on the backs of the flash artists.

No one cares. If you don't stop this bullshit, all the oldies, including myself will move on and what community will you have then? These new "graphics are everything" twats? Come on, shake a leg man for fuck's sake. Newgrounds has to be better than this.

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 21:58:14

"Waaah Reddit waaaah."

At 6/15/13 06:26 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: God forbid NG needs ads to make money. Why don't you buy the Supporter Upgrade from the shop which stops ads.

This, and good content has still been coming here. And I don't really care about the front page. I actually look through shit.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-15 23:40:29

'I'm just like that. I'm actually thinking about deleting my facebook. Newgrounds FOREVA!'

This guy above me is electrifying!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday and the NG subreddit 2013-06-16 07:26:31

Adding 15 more 'Latest Submissions' to the Portal might not seem like much, but it's a damn fine upgrade. Not only does it fill out the bottom of the page nicely, it's been showing an actual bottom to the UJ entries! Nice job Tom, it's the little things.....

BBS Signature