00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Challenges of Animation.

529 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Challenges of Animation. 2013-06-14 05:54:33

The point of this topic is: How do you over come those new hurdles in animation? Specifically,

If you are not a professional that has hit every single challenge at least once, then what do you do to beat that anxious feeling and push forward anyway? Such as...

A scene you are making that you never approached in this new fashion, My personal endeavor is, I am trying to animate a 1st person walk scene with my character walking to an exit out of a forest. Example...

When you play a first person shooter and simply walk toward a door and everything just comes closer, I know cheap and easy ways of doing it such as shrinking a Vcam but that comes out a bit shabby in my opinion, no depth to the environment when done that way.

So to repeat the main question, What do you do to overcome that anxiety when heading into the realm of uncertainty?

ugh

Response to The Challenges of Animation. 2013-06-15 04:52:40

thanks for sharing this article........ thats really help me alot....

Response to The Challenges of Animation. 2013-06-15 05:21:11

i really appreciate that you share this infomation..........................

Response to The Challenges of Animation. 2013-06-15 05:29:19

i really appreciate that you share this infomation..........................

Response to The Challenges of Animation. 2013-06-15 06:06:07

At 6/14/13 05:54 AM, ThyGentleman wrote: What do you do to overcome that anxiety when heading into the realm of uncertainty?

I really hate this feeling whenever I am feeling stomped doing a scene. This is why the planning phase is really important because it gives a clearer idea of what the animation is going to be. There are cases when I did a scene for a long time but it turns out to be bad so I had to either:

1. Do the best I can with what whatever I have and save time
or
2. Redo the whole thing but waste time.

What I find that helps is doing the easy scenes first so I can have an early idea of how the animation is going to be and I can be ready to do the harder scenes. Also easy scenes are easier to fix.

Currently doing short rough animations here http://khanhcpham.deviantart.com/

Response to The Challenges of Animation. 2013-06-15 07:37:52

At 6/15/13 06:06 AM, KhanhCPham wrote:
At 6/14/13 05:54 AM, ThyGentleman wrote: What do you do to overcome that anxiety when heading into the realm of uncertainty?
I really hate this feeling whenever I am feeling stomped doing a scene. This is why the planning phase is really important because it gives a clearer idea of what the animation is going to be. There are cases when I did a scene for a long time but it turns out to be bad so I had to either:

1. Do the best I can with what whatever I have and save time
or
2. Redo the whole thing but waste time.

What I find that helps is doing the easy scenes first so I can have an early idea of how the animation is going to be and I can be ready to do the harder scenes. Also easy scenes are easier to fix.

I understand, I rather not look over the tough scenes only because of the fact I still know there, there and need to be done lol. Believe it or not I decided to tackle this unknown area and am doing pretty well so far!

I understand roughing first which I do all the time, but I have been doing really quick rough work of the late depending on what it is, mainly Back grounds and what not.

ugh