00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

62,854 Views | 852 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-10-03 20:35:57

At 10/3/13 03:53 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 10/3/13 10:40 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:

I meant now that Mega Man is out of the way. They should have had Simon by now. It's so obvious to include him.
Sakurai ha stated he wants to focus on first party characters, as it is a Nintendo game. Quite frankly, I can see Snake not returning and keeping the maximum number of third party characters at two.

Unfortunately, I can see this happening too, which makes me sad, cuz I really liked Snake.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-10-04 03:30:13

At 6/11/13 12:38 PM, ZJ wrote: Mega Man looks cool, but I really hope he isn't replacing Solid Snake. Putting Konami's main badass into the Smash series was one of the best things Nintendo has ever done.

Agreed. Let's hope he replaces Sonic, he was a sucky character and "new-school" Sonic can basically go eat a bag of dicks imo.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-10-04 17:18:54

WHOOO! Sonic is back! I'm guessing there will be one more third party characters what do you guys reckon?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-10-05 17:15:33

At 10/4/13 05:18 PM, darkjam wrote: WHOOO! Sonic is back! I'm guessing there will be one more third party characters what do you guys reckon?

I think they would cap it at 2 characters. 3 would just seem like they'd be opening the floodgates, and they'll have to save any other Third party characters for the 5th installment.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-10-05 19:41:31

At 10/3/13 08:35 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 10/3/13 03:53 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 10/3/13 10:40 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:

I meant now that Mega Man is out of the way. They should have had Simon by now. It's so obvious to include him.
Sakurai ha stated he wants to focus on first party characters, as it is a Nintendo game. Quite frankly, I can see Snake not returning and keeping the maximum number of third party characters at two.
Unfortunately, I can see this happening too, which makes me sad, cuz I really liked Snake.

To be fair, the Megaman they included is almost part of Nintendo since it's classic Megaman and not X, and all of his games came out for the NES/SNES.
If that rule were true, Diddy Kong, Ness, and Kirby could be considered 3rd party.
Not to mention he's not entirely Capcom's character now that Inafune left Capcom (that's probably why they managed to include him this time as well).

Besides, if we include Simon, then we have

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-10-05 19:58:15

At 10/5/13 07:41 PM, Aethos wrote: Besides, if we include Simon, then we have

lol I started thinking about that during those posts. But it actually shows what I'm talking about. The early Castlevania games were classic NES along with Megaman and the like, and Simon belongs in Smash Bros. It's really annoying that after three games, they still haven't put him on the roster.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-10-05 20:15:44

At 10/5/13 07:41 PM, Aethos wrote:
If that rule were true, Diddy Kong, Ness, and Kirby could be considered 3rd party.

Nintendo owns the rights to them, as opposed to Megaman who you know is owned by Capcom. That makes the characters you listed 2nd party, as they are owned inside but developed outside of Nintendo.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-01 19:32:25

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-01 23:55:53

At 11/1/13 07:32 PM, darkjam wrote: Male Wii Fit Trainer as a skin, or new character? What do you guys think?

Pretty sure thats just a skin. I'd be really surprised if it was a separate character

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-02 00:02:27

At 11/1/13 11:55 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 11/1/13 07:32 PM, darkjam wrote: Male Wii Fit Trainer as a skin, or new character? What do you guys think?
Pretty sure thats just a skin. I'd be really surprised if it was a separate character

Its almost certainly a skin, not only that but the very name of the character "WiiFitTrainer" can be either male or female.

Eh, I doubt anyone is too excited for this skin but it's a nice edition I think.

Still waiting for that new character reveal...

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-04 02:44:40

At 11/3/13 08:30 AM, darkjam wrote: According to this article, smash brahs will be out by the end of next year, which is good for me, hopefully we don't get a wave of blockbusters next year.

It would make a great christmas seller

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-05 00:31:08

At 11/4/13 02:44 AM, Nor wrote:
At 11/3/13 08:30 AM, darkjam wrote: According to this article, smash brahs will be out by the end of next year, which is good for me, hopefully we don't get a wave of blockbusters next year.
It would make a great christmas seller

Didn't think it would be another whole year but damn would it be great if it came out next Christmas.

I also pray that you can challenge bypassers like SSF4 3DS.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-07 03:01:24

Marth is back(as expected) and he looks awesome as we could have expected.

Very great news. They also touched his look up a bit. Kind of looks like Link in a way with the way his hair looks.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/marth.html

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-08 12:13:44

At 11/7/13 03:01 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Marth is back(as expected) and he looks awesome as we could have expected.

Very great news. They also touched his look up a bit. Kind of looks like Link in a way with the way his hair looks.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/marth.html

He still has that feminine look.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-13 13:20:50

At 11/9/13 07:37 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: It's awesome that Marth returns again in the installment once again. one of my favorites especially the Counter move.

He still has a feminine look.

His appearance is similar from the Mystery of the Emblem look. I like this version better. 。^‿^。

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-13 13:28:29

At 11/13/13 01:20 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/9/13 07:37 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote:
His appearance is similar from the Mystery of the Emblem look. I like this version better. 。^‿^。

And? Does this matter at all? unless he, or any of the characters for that matter, look hideously grotesque, i couldnt care less how they look as long as they look good enough. Also, you shouldnt be judging a character based on looks.

Dont judge a book by a cover, or in this case, a sword by its sheath

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-13 15:00:03

At 11/13/13 01:28 PM, Lionelion wrote: Also, you shouldnt be judging a character based on looks.
Dont judge a book by a cover, or in this case, a sword by its sheath

I'm not judging him, I'm just saying he has a feminine look.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-15 12:24:46

Mario Galaxy has a stage now. Personally I find the stage announcements just as exciting as the characters.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-15 12:39:43

In which Sakurai actually reveals interesting information for once

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-15 13:12:05

If we don't get a sidescrolling beat 'em up type mode again, I'll be really fuckin' annoyed. Subspace Emissary was awesome. It would feel like a downgrade if they didn't have something like that in this one.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-15 13:18:24

At 11/15/13 12:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Mario Galaxy has a stage now. Personally I find the stage announcements just as exciting as the characters.

I know, so do I!

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-16 05:40:54

At 11/15/13 12:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Mario Galaxy has a stage now. Personally I find the stage announcements just as exciting as the characters.

Well it's cool he revealed the earlier Kirby snapshot from a few weeks ago was from this stage. Kind of had a feeling it was and so did others on Miiverse. The sky just had that feel about it that it was from Galaxy.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-16 06:46:20

At 11/15/13 06:35 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
At 11/15/13 01:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: If we don't get a sidescrolling beat 'em up type mode again, I'll be really fuckin' annoyed. Subspace Emissary was awesome. It would feel like a downgrade if they didn't have something like that in this one.
It's already been stated that we won't get the Subspace Emissary again

I had heard this from people. That's why I brought it up. I hope that doesn't mean that there isn't another similar really good beat 'em up mode, whatever they may call it.

Smash 4 better have an amazing intro like Melee, otherwise I'll be disappointed. It can never get worse than Brawl's intro, though, as that was completely lazy.

The opening animation when you turn on the game? I couldn't care less.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-11-16 06:49:00

Also, the Mario Galaxy stage looks nice. I'm guessing it keeps going until you come all the way around back?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-12-03 13:30:50

So this happened. Anyone who has a 3DS will know this guy(presumably). Im pretty sure this is also exclusive to the 3DS version too, i'd be surprised if it appeared in the WiiU version

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-12-03 20:09:57

At 12/3/13 01:30 PM, Lionelion wrote: So this happened. Anyone who has a 3DS will know this guy(presumably). Im pretty sure this is also exclusive to the 3DS version too, i'd be surprised if it appeared in the WiiU version

Interesting, I wonder if Find Mii will be the only Streetpass game represented. From what I've seen so far, there are quite a few moving and rotating stages, it isn't out of the question for this stage to change.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-12-03 22:40:18

At 12/3/13 08:09 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 12/3/13 01:30 PM, Lionelion wrote: So this happened. Anyone who has a 3DS will know this guy(presumably). Im pretty sure this is also exclusive to the 3DS version too, i'd be surprised if it appeared in the WiiU version
Interesting, I wonder if Find Mii will be the only Streetpass game represented. From what I've seen so far, there are quite a few moving and rotating stages, it isn't out of the question for this stage to change.

Maybe the stage will be a combination of the 5 streetpass games, changing every so often! That'd be pretty cool

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-12-04 01:51:52

At 12/4/13 01:32 AM, oobooglunk wrote:
At 12/3/13 11:11 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
So... what is it? I have no clue as I don't buy anything handheld console related.
I believe it's the dragon that appears in the 3DS' AR Games section.

actually it appears in the StreePass games you play in the Mii Plaza. it is the final boss of Find Mii II, which is unlocked after completing Find Mii twice. i think it pretty cool there are 3DS and WiiU exclusives.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-12-04 17:57:40

Wow Novembers already over, feels like Marth jut got announced. Anyway who do you think will be announced this month?

BBS Signature