00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

62,784 Views | 852 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 17:13:51

At 6/13/13 04:48 PM, Blitzkrieg667 wrote: So Sakurai said in an interview that due to the limitations of the 3DS, they won't be able to add as many characters and may have to cut veterans form the roster.

At 1:19 he says otherwise. He says the main difference is where the stage themes originate from. more handheld games than consoles games for 3DS, and vice versa.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 17:21:30

At 6/13/13 05:13 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 6/13/13 04:48 PM, Blitzkrieg667 wrote: So Sakurai said in an interview that due to the limitations of the 3DS, they won't be able to add as many characters and may have to cut veterans form the roster.
At 1:19 he says otherwise. He says the main difference is where the stage themes originate from. more handheld games than consoles games for 3DS, and vice versa.

Um, what? I said that the 3DS's limitations will mean there will be less new characters this time around. The 3DS and Wii U versions having the same characters doesn't change the fact that the 3DS's limitations will mean there will be less characters.

That said, I read through again, and it's possible he wasn't referring to the roster size so much as the characters themselves - the team are having some difficulty programming certain characters, such as dual characters like the Ice Climbers (This also seems to imply that there are more dual characters like the Ice Climbers) To be honest his wording was pretty vague, so it's unclear of the exact consequences of this.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 18:30:54

Good thing I don't plan on getting smash bros for 3ds. The really main difference for me between the 2 versions, is one is portable and the other is not. But that's okay since I would prefer SSB on console anyways.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 20:18:54

At 6/13/13 05:13 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

I'd be pretty damn surprised if the character roster was gonna be different. Different staged is pretty clever though, I like that

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-14 12:01:54

The announced characters look fun to play with, but I'm mostly looking forward to the villager. He's got an interesting moveset that looks pretty abusable.

I'm not a big fan of the handheld version, though. It's already been said that the handheld is limiting the character roster, and I'm not sure how the experience will feel on the small screen. Brawl was pretty big, and although admittedly most of the size came from Subspace Emissary cutscenes, there will no doubt be cut content and a loss of quality when you try to shove a console title into a 3DS cartridge. In the end, it seems the 3DS version is taking away from developing the game to its full potential.

But at least they took out the damn tripping.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-14 14:35:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF5RZ3cdDHo
some gameplay footage at E3

So far I'm really excited for this entry in the series, since sakurai has really impressed me with his thoughts on the upcoming game.
He's stated that the speed for the game is between melee and brawls, which I think is absolutely perfect, since matches might be a slow reaction based fight, or a crazy fast paced footsies match. I'm hoping Marth is still in there, since I feel he's the only one in the games with a nice moveset that's simple to use but very deep if you're creative with it.

Also, I think Wii Fit Trainer seems pretty damn cool, her hits look meaty and her move set is so up beat.
Can't wait.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-14 14:41:28

At 6/14/13 02:35 PM, TheMajormel wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF5RZ3cdDHo

That commentator sounds so lost, and if the three characters announced are the only news ones, then that would be a disappointment.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-14 17:14:10

At 6/14/13 02:41 PM, darkjam wrote: That commentator sounds so lost, and if the three characters announced are the only news ones, then that would be a disappointment.

I doubt those are the only new characters. They always dump in new characters. On the topic of characters I've been thinking about it and I think a good addition would be Goombella.

I thought I might be funny to have a Goomba as a character, like what the hell can a goomba do, sprout wings, run a you and bash you with their head, that'd be pretty funny I think. They've used them before like in the baseball game. How can a Goomba swing a bat? Then I though instead of just adding a random goomba why not Goombella?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-14 17:18:58

I thought I might be funny to have a Goomba as a character

I'm still waiting for them to announce this guy.

it will never happen though, maybe Ray MK II then.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-15 08:06:11

At 6/14/13 02:35 PM, TheMajormel wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF5RZ3cdDHo

Seems to be closer to Brawl in terms of pacing, but maybe that's because these guys aren't used to the game. I really hope they can strike the perfect balance between Melee and Brawl, just as TheMajormel said.

But now that I think about it, Megaman's down-air has a pretty long range. Hopefully it's not too easy to sweetspot.

Looking forward seeing more of this game.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-15 18:55:45

please?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-15 19:21:18

At 6/15/13 06:55 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: please?

Better yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-15 20:45:01

At 6/15/13 07:21 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 6/15/13 06:55 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: please?
Better yet.

Yes, we saw your other post.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-15 21:26:44

I just thought of something... What if they put Bayonetta in the game.

I think it's well within the realm of possibility.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-15 21:35:43

At 6/15/13 09:26 PM, JoSilver wrote: I just thought of something... What if they put Bayonetta in the game.

I think it's well within the realm of possibility.

Oshit, you're right!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 00:24:35

So let's start taking bets on which regs will return
For sure:
Cpt Falcon
Yoshi
Luigi
Ness
Jigglypuff

My hopefuls:
Meta Knight
Lucario/Mewtwo
Falco
Snake
Sonic
G&W

Which ones are you guys hopeful about?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 08:25:44

Yes, we saw your other post.

Yes, I know. But Scorpion is cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 08:30:27

Which ones are you guys hopeful about?

It's obvious that the one's from the original are in, and a few Melee's like G&W, I doubt Rob and Pokemon trainer will return but if Lucario isn't replaced by somebody like Zoroark or Mewtwo, then somebodies gonna die! Also I think Sonic will return, Sega and Nintendo seem to be working together a lot lately, and the massive fan demand for him in Brawl means that it's obvious to keep him in.

If they don't make Jigglypuff any better, then she can fuck off! Better yet, just kick her out!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 12:33:32

At 6/16/13 11:27 AM, Cootie wrote: The Wii Fit trainer is such an awesome addition to the cast. Nobody expected her to be in it nor did they want her to. But now that she is in people flipping their shit over her being in due to how absurd she is. I love it.

And those are the exact people that give me a reason to be the ultimate troll with her. I can't wait!

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 14:04:26

At 6/16/13 11:27 AM, Cootie wrote: The Wii Fit trainer is such an awesome addition to the cast. Nobody expected her to be in it nor did they want her to. But now that she is in people flipping their shit over her being in due to how absurd she is. I love it.

she also has the best rule 34 I've ever seen. I've been wanting to fuck dat ass ever since wiifit and now everybody decides to draw her.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 20:51:25

At 6/16/13 02:04 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
she also has the best rule 34 I've ever seen. I've been wanting to fuck dat ass ever since wiifit and now everybody decides to draw her.

I have also seen an absurd amount of rule 34 after she was announced. So quick...

Like I always tell myself, "The fastest thing on earth: Rule 34 artists".

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 20:58:47

I reeeaaly fucking hope Metaknight returns in this one.

Also, I really wouldn't mind if Jigglypuff got the axe.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 21:02:23

There's a rumour that they plan on making DLC characters throughout the years to keep the game fresh.

(Also, Bayonetta is a dude)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-16 21:19:52

At 6/16/13 09:02 PM, Revo357912 wrote: (Also, Bayonetta is a dude)

I don't understand this joke, but she could have a cool move set in SSB.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-17 12:32:19

I hope not. I hate when fighting games just add more characters via DLC, so I'd rather have the game be delayed repeatedly like Brawl was.

It wouldn't be bad, adds the games life. And if you're like me, it'll be fun to master the character. Currently, I've mastered 27 characters on Brawl, but fucking hell is Pokemon trainer hard to use!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-17 13:23:45

Everybody keeps talking about characters and nobody gives two fucks about the stages! It doesn't matter if you can kick my ass as Mario, if I can beat you on a certain stage (even though, I don't like using the stage to my advantage, hence why I rarely play any other map than final destination) then it wont matter. So does anybody have any stage ideas? I had this map idea based off of Skyward Sword. Basically, you're on one of those birds, but it drops you and you're fighting in the air and you gotta try and land on the platforms at the bottom, but they break away and that bird catches you and the cycle begins again.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-17 13:55:23

At 6/16/13 09:25 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
At 6/16/13 09:02 PM, Revo357912 wrote: There's a rumour that they plan on making DLC characters throughout the years to keep the game fresh.
I hope not. I hate when fighting games just add more characters via DLC, so I'd rather have the game be delayed repeatedly like Brawl was.

I don't mind, as long as they do it right.
You know, keep the same old formula of unlocking the characters in the game and such.
But lets face it, without any new stages or characters after 2 or 3 years it can get stale.

Adding only a few DLC characters and stages (maybe even free, it's not confirmed if it will even be for money) over the years wouldn't be bad at all.
You know, like one or 2 characters per year.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-17 18:28:38

At 6/17/13 05:58 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: I have to mention that I'm sick of Final Destination. It used to be my favorite stage in Melee, but because everyone picks it every single match when playing online with Brawl. The edges on it in Brawl also suck, as sometimes you may forget that you don't automatically go to the ledge like in Melee's version of the stage, so you end up just hitting the wall and dying. And all the songs that play in Brawl's version suck. Am I the only person to always pick random whenever I select a stage?

Right on, I fucking hate Final Dest. Everybody always complains that if you beat them on any other stage, its because you used the advantage of the stage and not your own skills. Fuck that, mastering the stages as well as the characters is part of the fucking game! Thats why there are so many diverse stages, so people can figure out all the tricks to them and use them to their advantage! And its not like only 1 person can take advantage of a stage, practically everyone can if youre good enough. If you cant even do that, then dont even fucking speak. Not to mention FD itself is boring as hell, just a single platform, how dull is that?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-18 16:11:34

I really hope they don't limit the roster of the Wii U version to match the 3DS version. If the 3DS is too limited, then the Wii U version should just have more characters than the 3DS version.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-18 16:23:05

BBS Signature