New Topic Respond to this Topic
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:05 PM Reply

Hello again! That last round was spectacular (Last round of what, you ask? Clicky for infos)! I certainly hope everyone enjoyed the pieces, because I certainly did. :) It'll be a pleasure to review them, and review I will (hopefully the other hosts will soon as well...).

This time there was a clear winner and then a three-way tie for second place! Because we don't want to give anyone any special treatment here, all three of them win joint second for the round. I don't think we can get all three of you prizes though... aside from signatures! So, without further ado, may you have the results!

Victory goes to track 8, made by Stepand Echo!

There's a three-way tie for second place between tracks 10, 15, and 16, made by ZipZipper, alternativesolution, and johnfn!

Here are all the votes and track reveals and stuff, you know the drill.
Track 1: CDMusic - FightHome - 0 votes.
Track 2: Malifex - Biodome - 0 votes.
Track 3: Jernemies - Taleofthesafedome - 0 votes.
Track 4: SourJovis - Ice Coffee - 0 votes.
Track 5: Deflektor - Link of Life - 0 votes.
Track 6: InYourDreams - New World - 0 votes.
Track 7: bassfiddlejones - Asylum - 1 vote.
Track 8 :Step & Echo - Encapsulation - 4 votes.
Track 9: DivoFST - Earth Biodome - 0 votes.
Track 10: ZipZipper - Biosphere - 2 votes.
Track 11: frootza - The Connection - 0 votes.
Track 12: Neon-Bard - Behind the Barrier - 1 vote.
Track 13: SilverPoyozo - Artificial Sky - 1 vote.
Track 14: Chongo - Outside the Dome - 0 votes.
Track 15: alternativesolution - Sanctuary - 2 votes.
Track 16: johnfn - futuristic biome home - 2 votes.

Conglaturations to the weiners! :3

Now, your final assignment...

Challenge: Inspired - there's not actually a challenge! Do your best. :)

Theme: Lost Underground Civilization - As a surface-dweller, you've dug deeply and found a giant network of cities. It appears to have been built by your civilization's ancestors. Are they still alive, or are they all gone, with nothing but the remains of their technology (or lack thereof)?

Deadline: June 24, 11:59 PM EST.

Moar inspirational picture by Scott at the bottom!

Remember, you cannot vote in this round unless you submit something! I certainly hope many people will submit, as there's no special challenge and no particularly small time limit.

Special thanks goes to, of course...
-deadlyfishes, for donating the prize money.
-Scott Rogers (Scottr5680), since he was incredibly awesome and made TWO images for this round. He's custom-making all of these, by the way! You should absolutely check his artwork out because it's amazing.

Your hosts, in case you haven't learned about them by now, are...
-Me!
-camoshark!
-Stunkel!
-samulis!

Oh yeah! We have a website now! It's not updated as of this post but it should be later today, so go check it out now AND later! c:

N G M T '13 - Round 3!

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:14 PM Reply

Congrats guys! Step/Echo, I figured you'd take this round (not that I could tell it was you guys or anything on Track 8...). Excellent job!

So we've got PeterSatera in first at 5 votes, Step and Echo in second at 4 votes, and Neon-Bard, ZipZipper, and myself tied for 3rd at 3 votes, is this the current running? Or did Step and Echo get a minus one each?

Still could be anyone's game in this round. Imma blow some socks off (hopefully....)

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:19 PM Reply

That was a great round! Congrats to all of the people who won, almost won, or just made something great. Yes they were all great, so I've congratulated everyone. I voted track 15. All are wonderful.

Now I have to make two songs, one for N G M T '13 - Round 3, and one for A.i.m. Audio Contest. Both have to be done in a week or 2. How am I going to pull that off?

The second song I made for round 2 would've been perfect for this round. I shouldn't have sent it to Skye. Instead I could've kept it improved it and used it for this round. Guess I'll have to make a new and better submission. If only I have the time.

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 12:14 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Congrats guys! Step/Echo, I figured you'd take this round (not that I could tell it was you guys or anything on Track 8...). Excellent job!

So we've got PeterSatera in first at 5 votes, Step and Echo in second at 4 votes, and Neon-Bard, ZipZipper, and myself tied for 3rd at 3 votes, is this the current running? Or did Step and Echo get a minus one each?

Still could be anyone's game in this round. Imma blow some socks off (hopefully....)

Congratulations to the winners! Remember to click your name to get your siggy!
It's still anyones game with the top being only 5 votes though, so it's going to be a fierce battle! Let round 3 begin! Ding ding

BBS Signature
Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:23 PM Reply

Congrats Stecho! You guys did a fantastic job, though it was easy to tell which entry was yours. ;)

Every submission in this round deserves praise because everyone did such a wonderful job.

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:
[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature
InYourDreams
InYourDreams
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 12:05 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: blabla

congrats to the winners!! This round was really hard... there were so many awesome submissions! I have no chance of winning anything now, but I will still give it a go to the 3rd round ^_^

and the contest website looks fantastic!! :D

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 12:21 PM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 6/10/13 12:14 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Congrats guys! Step/Echo, I figured you'd take this round (not that I could tell it was you guys or anything on Track 8...). Excellent job!

Congratulations to the winners! Remember to click your name to get your siggy!
It's still anyones game with the top being only 5 votes though, so it's going to be a fierce battle! Let round 3 begin! Ding ding

The only reason it's anyone's game is that you didn't submit a piece to this round Mr. 5 Votes :P

However, I am determined.

Also, once I find some time I'm actually going to amend and update my piece for this round based on your critique. It'd be cool to see what you think of afterwards.

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 12:35 PM Reply

Expected no votes, i knew i had a weak piece specially comparing to the others so no surprise there xD
I was really divided betwee BassFiddleJones, Step/Echo and ZipZipper song, they where all amazing but i ended up going for Zippers, it was more original.
Also, i obviously knew that track 10 was yours so i said those kinda harsh words because i know what you are capable of and hearing you go for safer lyrics instead of weird Zipper ones kinda disappointed me, they were still good and the voting was anonymous so i treated you like i would treat any other contestant, and you lyrics were fitting, just a tad non Zippish xD
Also, Chongo..damn...i heard your song thinking we had the same freaking idea xD
And SourJovis, your funky melody is still in my head dude! xD

Congrats, all submissions where fun to hear and im looking forward to Round 3 :D

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 01:03 PM Reply

Hey everyone!

Since there's some talk about this, I feel that I should remind everyone that your piece for each round of the contest must be made ENTIRELY during the time period - that means no remixes or new exports of previous tracks in the contest!

Also, both Step and Echo get 4 points, we'll see how it goes! If it works then I'll keep it this way.

Everyone should have enough time to make SOMETHING in two weeks...

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Jernemies
Jernemies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 01:07 PM Reply

Apparently "safe" is not what people accompany with a biodome D: Oh well, 'twas fun competing with you people. Really good submissions, some which didn't reach what I expected them to (such as track 6). GL and that kind of stuff to the next round (which I aim to win... like I've been doing so far lol)

Malifex
Malifex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 01:21 PM Reply

yeah everybody's was really really good

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 01:07 PM, Jernemies wrote: Apparently "safe" is not what people accompany with a biodome D:

Yours was very close to my vote for that reason!

voting nearly killed me yep
Track 10, still firm with my choice

So, cool! :D Honestly didn't think I'd get any votes. I appreciate those who did vote, and all the feedback as well :)

Congrats to all the participants! Looking forward to this next theme :P

I think my favs for this round were 3,4,8,9,10,16... or just...all of them X___X

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:03 PM Reply

Man, such interesting themes. With that and the A.I.M. contest, i'm gonna have my hands full :p
Also, on a related note, sorry for not having voted on the round 2. My left ear was, let's say, "out of order" for a few days.
Luckily, things have gotten better, so i'm back on track. And this time, i'll get at least one fucking vote !

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 02:03 PM, Deflektor wrote: And this time, i'll get at least one fucking vote !

You should stop... Deflekting your votes to other people.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Wtf!!! Someone clearly voted for me in the review thread. I am confuse! And slightly put out!

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 02:41 PM, Chongo wrote: Wtf!!! Someone clearly voted for me in the review thread. I am confuse! And slightly put out!

I didn't notice that, when was it?

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Whattttt. I did NOT expect this. I thought Track 6 or Track 16 had it in the bag. They're two excellent tracks that had me torn on which to vote for. At first Echo and I voted for Track 6 but changed our vote at the last minute to Track 16 because we decided that Track 16 was longer and more elaborate. I thought that johnfn made better use of the time limit because it was harder to believe his track was made in just 3 days. However, InYourDreams had a fantastic submission.

Anyway thanks a million to the mysterious 4 people who voted for Track 8. Going to upload it to Newgrounds and then review some of the tracks from this round with properly-sized reviews!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 02:51 PM, Step wrote: review some of the tracks from this round with properly-sized reviews!

Is somebody jealous of being outdone by a Peter?

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 02:52 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Is somebody jealous of being outdone by a Peter?

You bet.

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 12:26 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote:
The only reason it's anyone's game is that you didn't submit a piece to this round Mr. 5 Votes :P

However, I am determined.

Also, once I find some time I'm actually going to amend and update my piece for this round based on your critique. It'd be cool to see what you think of afterwards.

Absolutely it's an honor to have you value my opinion!

At 6/10/13 02:55 PM, Step wrote:
At 6/10/13 02:52 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Is somebody jealous of being outdone by a Peter?
You bet.

No reason to be! I always see you create massive reviews on contest submissions all the time. They are always very in depth. I think one of the questions on everyones lips is, 'Will you and echo be joining forces again?" Because if you do, me and the remaining 15 contestants are gonna collab. :P

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 03:19 PM Reply

Yeah, Malifex said I had his vote in the thread. I'm probably just saying this because I'm desperate for a single vote

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 03:11 PM, PeterSatera wrote: No reason to be! I always see you create massive reviews on contest submissions all the time. They are always very in depth. I think one of the questions on everyones lips is, 'Will you and echo be joining forces again?" Because if you do, me and the remaining 15 contestants are gonna collab. :P

Hahaha. Naw I was only joking. I'm just itching to tell the artists of my favourite tracks from this round exactly what I think of their tracks :3.

Anyway, no idea if I'll take part in Round 3 or not, let alone if Echo will too. We'll see!

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 03:19 PM, Chongo wrote: Yeah, Malifex said I had his vote in the thread. I'm probably just saying this because I'm desperate for a single vote

Huh. I just double-checked, it didn't look like it. :/ I saw the reviews and a >> next to yours, but not anything stating that it was his vote...

Hopefully I'm not just being completely ignorant.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 04:32 PM Reply

Sweet bananas on a cracker, was not expecting that D:

You guys all had fantastic submissions, nice job to everyone involved! Thanks to everyone who voted for us, I will love you forever and provide you with ample heart shaped letters at every Valentine's day <3

Also, new sig wooooo
Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 04:32 PM, Echo wrote:

I will love you forever and provide you with ample heart shaped letters at every Valentine's day <3

Sounds like a good deal. I prefer my letters signed in calligraphy, if you don't mind.

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 04:39 PM, Neon-Bard wrote:
I will love you forever and provide you with ample heart shaped letters at every Valentine's day <3
Sounds like a good deal. I prefer my letters signed in calligraphy, if you don't mind.

It'll cost you extra.

I'll pay you a visit in the midst of the night and collect my extra debt. Be afraid.
Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 04:43 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 04:41 PM, Echo wrote:
It'll cost you extra.

I'll pay you a visit in the midst of the night and collect my extra debt. Be afraid.

I never asked for this...

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 6/10/13 04:43 PM, Neon-Bard wrote:
At 6/10/13 04:41 PM, Echo wrote:
It'll cost you extra.

I never asked for this...

You can run, but you cannot hide.

N G M T '13 - Round 3!

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 04:54 PM Reply

Lovely sigs.

@PeterSatera

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to N G M T '13 - Round 3! Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 04:55 PM Reply

You can run, but you cannot hide.

Evidently, I will not participating for round three folks...

BBS Signature