00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

thelan8 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A 13 - Pro Round!

8,638 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

- N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 00:07:41

Congratulations to those who have made it to the Pro Round of NATA 2013!
Only the highest scoring entrant from each bracket group will move on to the Final Round. In the end, we will have decided this year's Champion of Animation 2013.
Please visit the Official NATA Website for all the information you may need!
*** Pro Round ***

The Theme for the Pro Round is...
* Your Own Reflection *
Contestants included in this round are MisterChris0123, francisyfl, Pahgawk, Oye-LKY, Butzboprud, MrColeman321, CroMagg, and Hikarian
*** Rules ***
* You have until 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, on July 4th to complete your submissions. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline without penalty.
* All entries must include the Nooni Media logo in their loading screen, title sequence, or credit roll. Note: You don't have to make it super huge or say "Nooni Media Presents" -- This makes it look like the animation was created by them. Instead, say "Sponsored by Nooni Media"
* Entries must fit the theme above to both level the playing field and ensure that entries were not previously created.
* The animation must be no shorter than 1 Minute and no longer than 10 Minutes.
* The animation must be submitted on NewGrounds in any video or flash format, so long as it can be considered animation. 3D, flash, traditional, and stop-motion are all acceptable formats.
* Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed. (It cannot have a "Mature" rating.)
* Absolutely NO copyright material is allowed without permission. If you use copyrighted music or other material in your animation, you MUST get the permission of the original creator of that material.
* If you would like to parody, then use similar names instead of the real names - ie. "Smears" instead of "Sears". No copyrighted material whatsoever.
* The Audio portal is a great source for music, just be sure to get permission to use it for this contest!
* Any entry in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
*** Judging ***
Entries will be judged by the following judges:
* Tom Fulp
* Emrox
* test-object
* NitWitt
* SymphyBunny
Each judge will score each entry in 5 categories with 4 possible points in each category. These are: Artwork, Animation, Originality, Entertainment, and Structure. 4 Points x 5 Categories x 5 Judges = 100 Possible Points for each entry.
*** Submissions ***
* Entries must be uploaded via the NewGrounds Flash Portal.
* Entries must be tagged with "nata2013pro" to distinguish them from other rounds and years.
* Entries must be submitted before the deadline. (See above)
* Be sure to post a link to your entry in this topic, to be sure your entry does not get lost.
*** Late Penalties ***
Late penalties look like this for submissions after the deadline:
0 - 29 minutes: - 5 total points
30 - 59 minutes: - 10 total points
1 - 2 hours: - 15 total points
2 - 3 hours: - 20 total points
3 - 4 hours: - 30 total points
4 - 5 hours: - 40 total points
5+ hours: Disqualified
*** Prize ***
All prizes will be awarded in September, AFTER the competition ends. Final Prize Division will be as follows:
Open Winners (32): $20
Novice Winners (8): +$70 ($90 total)
Pro Winners (2): +$250 ($340 total)
Champion (1): +$860 ($1200 total) + Engraved Crystal NATA Trophy + 1-Year Adobe Creative Cloud Membership + Interview with the Interviewer + NATA Shirt, Calendar, DVD, and Poster.
*** Fine Print ***
* By submitting an entry to NATA 2013, you agree to allow NATA and its organizers to use your material to promote the contest and use it for possible calendars and other merchandise.
* All entrants must have a paypal or the ability to receive a check in the mail in order to claim their prizes.
* The final Champion of Flash Artists at the completion of the contest must create an illustrated image of themselves interacting with planet Earth, as is NATA tradition to document their victory with such an image on the NATA website.
Good Luck!!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 00:09:27

Is it too late enter the competition?

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 00:49:19

*insert immediate offer to be a voice actor since this would be a really cool theme to voice act for*

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 02:41:30

woah

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 03:24:55

I hope everyone submits an animation of themselves putting on eyeliner/guyliner in the mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 05:35:47

This one is gonna be interesting! I'm happy to help with voice work or any other sound items this round,

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 11:22:19

This round should be interesting... I'm not sure what to expect here:

Will the reflection invoke the personal lives of the artists? What kind of stories will be told?

Good luck to the artists! I'm rooting for Hikarian myself :)

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-10 16:28:12

What the hell, I'll throw my hat into the ring for voice acting. If anyone needs someone with a wide range, I just got a nice new mic and I'm pretty creative. Lemme know if you need some help.

The only sample I have up right now is my open round entry, I played the purple lizard king guy.

I'll see if I can get something else up too. Just as an example, I do pretty good Arnold Schwarzenegger, yoda, pikachu, yogi bear impressions and many more.

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-11 16:41:33

Voice acting offer right here, yo....

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-11 22:48:41

Woah, this contest sure is exciting! Next year i'm going to participate, luck to everybody in this round!

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

If anyone wanna be drawing pals, add me on discord fam "daker#3361"

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-13 02:28:54

Anyone need ideas? I have one. :)

If anyone's having trouble coming up with an idea, I've got one. PM me so it'll stay confidential. Contestants only.

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-13 15:12:18

Hey Fellow NATAers!

I was just notified, by the wonderful Hikarian, that there is a NATA skype call thing. I'm a very bad skype user, I think the last time I used it was about 4 years ago, and I have no idea how to connect to this thing. Hikarian said I was in the chat and people are trying to talk to me and test it but I can't see anything.

Can anyone help me out? Please???? :D

My skype is CroMagg, kept it easy haha.

Thanks in advance!
-J

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-13 20:41:59

This is going to be tough... I'll have to do a major revision on everything.

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-16 22:07:04

Progress report: I've got some stuff. Not a lot of stuff, but it's stuff.

Also, my exams are this week, which could mean either that I spend a lot of effort studying or that I could use the time that I have to study to animate. Hopefully I can strike a balance here.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-17 10:03:53

At 6/16/13 10:07 PM, Pahgawk wrote: Progress report: I've got some stuff. Not a lot of stuff, but it's stuff.

Ahh tic-tac-toe. The only winning move is not to play :D

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-19 08:46:40

Have been lucky to work with both Hikarian & Francisyfl in the past-
Amazing talents! Congratulations you two (and all the other successful entrants!), wishing you all the best of luck! :)

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-20 09:57:48

At 6/19/13 08:46 AM, ATheatricalSongBird wrote: Have been lucky to work with both Hikarian & Francisyfl in the past-
Amazing talents! Congratulations you two (and all the other successful entrants!), wishing you all the best of luck! :)

^.^ thanks

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-22 01:56:52

The NATA tumblr had to be re-created, so anyone who'd like to follow will need to re-follow!
http://ngtournament.tumblr.com/

Just under 13 days remain! How is everyone's progress?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-22 13:31:49

At 6/22/13 01:56 AM, NATA wrote: The NATA tumblr had to be re-created, so anyone who'd like to follow will need to re-follow!
http://ngtournament.tumblr.com/

Just under 13 days remain! How is everyone's progress?

Screwed up!! Maybe I'll come with an excuse in 13 days for not completing my entry.

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-22 15:20:07

Dudeeeeee, This is what I've accomplished so far.

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-22 15:21:40

At 6/22/13 03:20 PM, Oye-LKY wrote: Dudeeeeee, This is what I've accomplished so far.

Repost

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-22 18:49:15

Also, for everyone wondering, the next NATA collab had been decided. Your mission: Answer and animate this question:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/epfhk2seeci2ssj/Sarcastic_VA _Question.mp3

You may use your own voice or contact one of the fine VA's on the site. If anyone has any questions, I dunno. Just announcing the Sarcastic VA Collab

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-23 12:51:47

At 6/22/13 06:49 PM, Chongo wrote: Also, for everyone wondering, the next NATA collab had been decided. Your mission: Answer and animate this question:

Do our animations need to loop?

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-25 00:24:28

At 6/22/13 06:49 PM, Chongo wrote: Also, for everyone wondering, the next NATA collab had been decided. Your mission: Answer and animate this question:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/epfhk2seeci2ssj/Sarcastic_VA _Question.mp3

You may use your own voice or contact one of the fine VA's on the site. If anyone has any questions, I dunno. Just announcing the Sarcastic VA Collab

For clarification, want us to include the question in our animation?

also if I had to rate my progress right now, it'd be maybe 5 chins out of 10

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-25 10:00:34

At 6/25/13 12:24 AM, Pahgawk wrote:

For clarification, want us to include the question in our animation?

also if I had to rate my progress right now, it'd be maybe 5 chins out of 10

I say you can put the question in if you want to, if you want the extra practice, feel free.

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-25 17:49:58

Progress shot time~

Let me tell you, the camera changes in this animation are going to be the death of me.

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-26 00:12:40

Looking good!

I will be in Boston on Sunday meeting up with anyone who can make it to the area. Reply here or skype me @ nitwitt10 if you want to meet up! I'll bring posters and shirts.

9 Days Left!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-26 16:10:14

Ugh I live so close to boston. But I'll be in Ohio on Sunday!

The agony!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-06-30 00:49:07

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A 13 - Pro Round! 2013-07-02 15:19:53

3 Days, 9 Hours left!

BBS Signature