00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing, Voice Acting & Animation

10,889 Views | 24 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 15:48:43

Check out the new Writing Contest being organized by 4urentertainment! In addition to store credit, winners will get their stories narrated audiobook style by NG voice actors.

Speaking of voice actors, the winners of Voice Acting Contest 10, "A Night to Remember", have been announced! Check out this awards presentation, complete with animatics of individual entries:

Or just listen to the winners! (1st-4th)

Check out the complete list of entries.

Thank you JaShinYa for organizing this event and a special thanks to FoxPirate715 for the animatics!

It's been really great to see recent events that mix audio with animation and writing from the community. If you missed it, Round 1 of the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation had artists animate movies set to a selection of songs from the Audio Portal. Check out the results!

This has always been the dream of NG and one of our great strengths with having such a variety of talent all in one place. If you're looking to team up with an artist, programmer, musician, voice actor or writer, check out the Collabinator!

The Best of May will be announced early next week, probably Monday.

Publishing System update - we now plan to start final testing next week. VERY sorry for any publishing bugs you've experienced these past two months. Excited to put this behind us.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 15:52:16

Good to see an Audio Forum regular won first place.

AUDIO FORUM REPRESENT

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 15:55:45

Good stuff. Looking forward to whatever tweaks that publishing system overhaul is bringing.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 16:27:40

Great job to all the audio competitors and winners! I've listened to a handful, and they've been awesome. The animatic was a nice touch, some of those would definitely be great as fleshed out animations.

Looking forward to that publishing update, hopefully it will give the icon mods a break!

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 16:37:01

Thanks Tom for allowing it to happen and congrats to all the VA's!

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 17:45:00

Hey hey, third place! Not bad for finding out the night submissions were due and being docked five points for not fitting the theme.
I'll take it!
Congratulations to the winners, and a great job to all the rest! A lot of great submissions.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 17:47:41

Congrats to winners

At 6/7/13 03:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Publishing System update - we now plan to start final testing next week. VERY sorry for any publishing bugs you've experienced these past two months. Excited to put this behind us.

Sweetness. Hopefully there'll be no more bugs after this.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 18:03:03

Some great work. Congrats to the winners.

"I am a part of all that I have met."- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 20:10:59

At 6/7/13 03:52 PM, Step wrote: Good to see an Audio Forum regular won first place.

AUDIO FORUM REPRESENT

Step you need more dub to ur step

Say something nice to someone today!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 20:52:18

At 6/7/13 08:10 PM, renaissancekid wrote: Step you need more dub to ur step

You might want to check the spelling on your signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 20:56:55

At 6/7/13 03:52 PM, Step wrote: Good to see an Audio Forum regular won first place.

AUDIO FORUM REPRESENT

Regular? adhjsakdhasjk!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 20:59:00

Where's the writing portal, Tom. Tell us.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 21:22:04

At 6/7/13 08:59 PM, ZJ wrote: Where's the writing portal, Tom. Tell us.

He's waiting until I finish my novel.

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 22:21:38

At 6/7/13 09:22 PM, Jay wrote:
At 6/7/13 08:59 PM, ZJ wrote: Where's the writing portal, Tom. Tell us.
He's waiting until I finish my novel.

He's doing that so he never has to get around to making it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 23:12:51

Publish -> Internal server error, game deleted
Publish -> Internal server error, game deleted
Publish -> game published
Alright then.

VAC awards animation was a good idea.

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-07 23:42:52

I tell you what, VAC 11, I will be ready, and I will be victorious.

E

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-08 00:49:58

I was so close to victory! One little bitch of a point away! Top marks in practically everything except stupid audio mixing. Mixing is for egg beaters, not actors. Oh well, at least I was nominated thrice and won best range :D

I'm a voice actor, and I will gladly whore myself out for credit... or pie.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-08 15:34:41

Give us a writing portal!

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-08 15:37:22

This is pretty minor, but I think the helpful/unhelpful buttons on reviews are broken.

:)

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-08 17:46:46

At 6/8/13 03:34 PM, Seasons wrote: Give us a writing portal!

The more people participate in writing contests and events, the bigger we can build and grow the writing community, and the faster we can push the staff to creating the writing portal! So get going and help out the Newgrounds writing community!

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-08 22:53:01

At 6/8/13 05:46 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: So get going and help out the Newgrounds writing community!

You're right. I'll be sure to submit to this month's contest!

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-09 02:55:06

At 6/8/13 05:46 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 6/8/13 03:34 PM, Seasons wrote: Give us a writing portal!
The more people participate in writing contests and events, the bigger we can build and grow the writing community, and the faster we can push the staff to creating the writing portal! So get going and help out the Newgrounds writing community!

But there is a writing portal! Granted it's old, doesn't have an easy to find link on the website... Just needs a 21st century make-over, and a policy that states, "Put your best words here!"

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-09 10:18:59

Congrats Zipper you deserved!
Original and funny movie

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-10 02:39:17

Hope the Publishing System update goes off without a hitch. Adam-Beilgard's Choir ala Newgrounds, is picking up steam, but still needs moar participants to yowl into the mic :)

I was pleasantly surprised by an insightful newspost Celx-Requin published yesterday, and the responses it received.

It got me to thinking about evolution, and what Luis said about being bold, taking risks, adjusting things more frequently... Would it be possible to extend the Latest Submissions list to a total of 75 (approximately, an even 100 would be sweet)? Like a lot of seasoned users, I like to see a shit-ton of titles on one page, without having to scroll around excessively.... and to see the bottom of the UJ list for a place to start watching/voting.

Another thing... could you move the pop-up thumbnail to the left and add the text description to the right? I noticed that the thumbnails all line up over the center of the links, no matter where you hover... maybe make more use of the horizontal space?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing, Voice Acting & Animation 2013-06-10 12:43:58

At 6/10/13 02:39 AM, VicariousE wrote: I was pleasantly surprised by an insightful newspost Celx-Requin published yesterday, and the responses it received.

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it over the weekend!

I'll see about extending the list, although I'm hoping we can avoid the need if we just solve the judgment backlog... There are so many problems piling up as a result of judgment taking too long, when most can be fixed by simply making judgment take less long. One issue is that right now a submission is considered under judgment if it has less than 200 votes - where we need to instead set a true/false value for each submission that says whether it's under judgment - this way we can allow a submission to exit judgment early (you know at 100 votes if something has already scored well enough that it will pass), without any risk of them falling back into judgment. We're gonna be looking at that after this current set of publishing updates go live.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature