New Topic Respond to this Topic
SherifAshrafGabr
SherifAshrafGabr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Make A Smooth Animation 2013-06-04 23:28:35 Reply

Hello guys, I wonder If anyone could advise me on how to make a smooth 2D animation like the one in this video ( Dumb ways to die ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw
P.S I can work with Adobe Flash but I'm just inexperienced with it.

SaddamSauce
SaddamSauce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Make A Smooth Animation 2013-06-05 02:33:06 Reply

At 6/4/13 11:28 PM, SherifAshrafGabr wrote: Hello guys, I wonder If anyone could advise me on how to make a smooth 2D animation like the one in this video ( Dumb ways to die ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw
P.S I can work with Adobe Flash but I'm just inexperienced with it.

The only way to get good with animation is to make sure that you have covered a lot of things! If it really is a big passion of your and you with to even invest in it i would suggest to buy "The Animators Survival Kit" a book by the great Richard Williams and even after that espeically more recently there has been a huge uprising in flash tutorials that actually do cover so much in animation. You just need to seek them out here is a playlist to get you started : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKbR8pehzojtmjGIU8XHJg 4TqUZlmQt7w

there is quite a few hours of footage to get you started, its just a matter if you want it so much, also im guessing you want to go into 2D animation so i would suggest draw every spare minuet you have and dont give up down to critiq move foward.

happy animating,
Saddam Sauce

SaddamSauce

BBS Signature
SherifAshrafGabr
SherifAshrafGabr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Make A Smooth Animation 2013-06-05 23:11:26 Reply

Great!, Thanks alot :)

RonaldRaven
RonaldRaven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Make A Smooth Animation 2013-06-06 07:27:48 Reply

the above poster gave some great advice that will help you with any type of animation, and you will need to know those basics to get things to look as smooth as the animation in the video you posted.

but for some specific tips that apply to that particular style, I suggest you look up "easing" and "shape tweens" for Flash. also learn about how to break a character down into layers, like having the body on one layer, and each of the limbs on separate layers, and the eyes and mouth on different layers, and so on.

(note: I'm just guessing these techniques or something similar were involved, but there are possibly other ways of doing it--and remember, you still need to understand basic character animation methods)

SherifAshrafGabr
SherifAshrafGabr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Make A Smooth Animation 2013-06-15 13:10:48 Reply

Thanks for the advice all ! :)