00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the skullkid

35,044 Views | 109 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 19:39:43

Damn, I remember Chance and playing Skullkid non-stop years ago, it was a lot of fun... that sucks...

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 21:25:07

Another Beloved fallen. Thoughts go out to his family, and to all his friends that knew and loved him. all these animations and stuff that shaped my formative years in highschool leaving so young. i imagine Banning and Spurgin are having drinks in the ether.

R.I.P to Chance and all that Newgrounds have lost

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 21:29:47

Skullkid was a game of my infance,I played the other games and also waited for the full version of his 2010 game...Oh well...RIP Chance,RIP Corded,RIP Creator of skullkid...

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 21:47:42

RIP Chance Banning, you will be missed, along with Edd Gould and Randy Solem

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 21:56:34

Rest in Peace, Chance.

"I am a part of all that I have met."- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 22:01:32

My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire world, especially the close family and friends of Chance, there is no replacing him.

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 22:13:35

Gee, that sucks. The skullkid was an awesome game and one of the first games I ever played on NG.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-03 22:17:42

damn, rest in peace bro. skullkid was one of the first flash games i ever played, it's still rad

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 00:38:46

May he rest in peace.

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 01:17:06

Oh, I remember playing skullkid. Shame he passed. RIP.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 01:29:58

Sad...

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 01:49:01

Rest in Peace.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 03:40:59

I'll be honest, the only thing I saw/played from the guy was skullkid, but I remember plain as day having mountain-loads of fun playing that game. It was absolute carnage for me back then when I first played it, and I replayed it thousands of times after that. Wonderful music in that flash too.

It's a shame hearing him go though, and it saddens me to hear that he's gone. Had I been reminded of the skullkid before his death, I would have definitely gone to replay it and check out his newer stuff too.

May he rest easy.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 04:45:41

This is sad :(. R.I.P.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 05:39:14

Rest in peace.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 05:43:00

This makes me sad. The Skullkid was the very first game I played on Newgrounds long ago with my first account.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 06:19:35

I remember playing skullkid over and over just to complete round 2 with full health. The 3-D furniture splitting effect still is amazing.

RIP Chance Banning.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 06:58:55

At 6/3/13 10:53 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I'm never very good at making these posts so I'll just leave you with this video that speaks better than I can:

Must be damn hard to write these lines for you, Tom. Thanks for letting us know.
Rest in Peace, Chance. Your work will never be forgotton within the NG-Community

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 12:17:52

stop droping everyone

R.I.P

bitch please, Im a castle crasher

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 14:03:48

Oh, I was wondering why it showed up on the Front Page all of a sudden. That game will never get old. RIP.

New tune: Yag

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 14:40:26

At first i didn't know who this guy was.
But when i found out that this young man made the first thing i ever watch or played from this website.
It might be the first game i ever played on the internet.

His game The Skullkid made me realise how interesting this website is, so thank you Chance! :)
And i thank him for letting me know how much talent there is on this website.

A man with so much talent should never had been laid to rest in such a young age :(
It's shocking to think that this stuff happens often on this site.
Its kinda scary when you think about it.

Rip Chance :(

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 15:31:04

Man I haven't played this game since I was 10 years old before I sign up to Newgrounds. I actually played this game on another website before I even knew about Newgrounds. He will be missed :(

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 15:44:13

Wow, surprised I never came across this before. RIP.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 17:47:23

Exacte Mundo Tom. Kick up dirt.Show the world whats in you.
Spit on the naysayers, show the world what you can do.
Rock the Stage because its YOUR stage.
Show your strengths, everybody has some.
And when you havent found them,search for them,get to your core.
Legends never die.No matter how big they are.

Love and Peace to all of you.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 17:57:15

Hell. That was the first game I played here on Newgrounds, makes me think of all the time that has passed since then. It's pretty cool that we'll all show respect when a member of the community dies. anyway, RIP Chance Banning, the guy who got me grounded for playing his skullkid game.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 18:30:51

may his soul rest in peace.a sad day for newgrounds.

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 18:50:45

At 6/3/13 10:58 AM, kkots wrote: We shall always remember Edd Gould, Jeff Weise, Chance Banning and others who left their historical mark on Newgrounds.

I seconded this, rest in peace to all of them.

You forgot about Randy Solem, which I think you should have mentioned his name in your post too, since he was also such a great animator, in sprite animation that is. (So rest in peace to him, as well.)

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 19:22:26

At 6/3/13 12:48 PM, ragnkinson wrote: I've never heard about Chance nor played Skullkid, but it's still sad to hear about. I wonder who'll be next?

Skull Kid was one of the very first games I ever played on NewGrounds. In fact it might have even been the first. A tragic loss; when I saw the game on the front page it was such a nostalgia trip, but disappointing knowing the reason. Rest in peace Chance; condolences to your loved ones.

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 20:02:22

might be safe to say that he touched our lives in way, here. the skullkid was great, i really loved sawing through the office. his making that @ 16 is really impressive, thanks for sharing that TomFulp. Chance Banning...definitely a great inspiration. i understand he was a really good guy.

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to the skullkid 2013-06-04 21:39:41

I used to hang out with this guy! Man,good times! We played his game skullkid till midnight. He will be missed. I love this dude (no homo). In fact,when we first met,back in like 2006,he slapped me because I offended him somehow,then we became friends. LOVE THE DUDE,AND KEEP STROLLIN SKULLKID,FOR YOU'RE IN NEWGROUNDS HEAVEN NOW! Hope you have a good time in heaven dude,brohoof! /)