New Topic Respond to this Topic
Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
What sort of program Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:49 AM Reply

This topic may be considered outside of programming but it has to deal with at some point.
I have an idea I would like to develop later into a game.
I just would like to know what you think about it.
So the idea was formed by a question that doesn't go out of my mind.
Souls, are they some sort of a program?
When someone dies, is it the return instruction of the main function?
Wat do you think huh, I'm stupid...
Well may be. From what I believe what's considered stupidity is something that goes besides all laws.
When a new law is discovered or an old law is modified or discarded, perspectives totally change.
Tell me what you think..

WoogieNoogie
WoogieNoogie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:39 PM Reply

What?

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 4th, 2013 @ 10:26 AM Reply

At 6/3/13 08:49 AM, Fat-Footy wrote: Tell me what you think..

I think I want what you've been smoking.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 4th, 2013 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 6/4/13 10:26 AM, Diki wrote:
At 6/3/13 08:49 AM, Fat-Footy wrote: Tell me what you think..
I think I want what you've been smoking.

Haha, you think I'm this weird, man I don't smoke, it's bad for health and makes your breath suffocating LOL :D
I'm really serious about this topic otherwise I wouldn't post it here. I just would like to share my thoughts with people. I'm not crazy, but you may think what you like I respect your opinions ;)

Filarius
Filarius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What sort of program Jun. 5th, 2013 @ 05:34 AM Reply

At 6/3/13 08:49 AM, Fat-Footy wrote: Souls, are they some sort of a program?

You have nice idea for story can be applied to game or animation.
I`m sure you can keep working with storyline in this direction.

But I think in real life not so many people can accept this idea.

Program and soul... In nowdays program is not just way to work with such simple things like 2+2 or x+4=5. In nowdays program is can solve many hard tasks, like weather / earthquake forecasting and etc, there are many examples.

Soul... If you compare it with program code then first you must answer to yourself one question - what soul do in your body ? What tasks soul solving ?

At 6/3/13 08:49 AM, Fat-Footy wrote: When someone dies, is it the return instruction of the main function?

Think wider, try to think about sub-function in sub-function in ... ... of main function. Oh, maybe not so deep, but it will be more interesting, isn`t it ?

<== This russian guy always write with mistakes.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 5th, 2013 @ 02:03 PM Reply

I'm so confident that I have a great research project here, besides it looks best as a scenario for science fiction movie. During the past few years I have learned some basic and advanced skills in AS2. I think the idea came to me when I was learning about OOP and while discovering the way prototypes and objects work. Though I haven't mastered all the skills yet, and all the ideas that I have are not well organized. Plus, I have too many life commitments than you can ever imagine and my life is filled with mess. I've just wanted to see what could you share about this topic. I think your answers will help me to clear my mind first and then to organize things. I hope that in the early future I can get a chance to work on my project. Once done, I'll make it a game, a successful one I promise. Sorry, for telling you unclear things but that's the best I could do for now! Even if you can't understand the goal of this post, try to share something about it. Thanks :D

atom202
atom202
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to What sort of program Jun. 10th, 2013 @ 02:35 PM Reply

You're Cracked In The Attic, No?
If You Asked Me:You
Its Simple
Eat Cereal:
If Status=Hungry AND Time=Morning Then Walk To Refrigerator. Get Milk. Get Bowl. Get Cereal. Place In Bowl. Eat.
Simple

Poop.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 12th, 2013 @ 06:32 AM Reply

At 6/10/13 02:35 PM, atom202 wrote: You're Cracked In The Attic, No?
If You Asked Me:You
Its Simple
Eat Cereal:
If Status=Hungry AND Time=Morning Then Walk To Refrigerator. Get Milk. Get Bowl. Get Cereal. Place In Bowl. Eat.
Simple

Haha you're funny that's how a funny soul program may look like, it's dumb also :D. I mean the way how it's repetitive and not dynamic. Everyday you eat the same meal as if you don't have a soul and you're somehow preprogrammed to do the same thing every morning. However souls are dynamic programs, so instead of preparing cereals you could have a juice or some fruits or you could even go to a cafe. Why having your breakfast at home. It depends on what your feeling on everyday, isn't it huh o_O ?

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 07:05 AM Reply

How about, that we are in a million universes linked together. Where some universes are as identical as another but one tiny spec of it is different. Or maybe they are polar opposites.

How about every inche and spec of life on earth is meerly just stardust collected in various ways.

Also, all the metals we find on earth were formed and created over years of exploding stars and supernovas.

Not only that but therer are things out there that get close to us within 3000 miles they can suck all the lead out of our blood stream because their magnetic fields are so large.

How about a gama ray burst that can shoot the speed of light and destroy our entire planet all life and ozone layer included in seconds.

How about the idea that, a physical object can be in more than one location at the same time.

What if that none of us. Really understand everything that is going on at all. That, all physics itself is a lie. So if physics is a lie, then technology would be a lie aswell.

So, considering all this.

I would say you sound fairly reasonable in the questions your asking it looks like a top notch game i would love to see!

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 6/14/13 07:05 AM, PMMurphy wrote: How about, that we are in a million universes linked together. Where some universes are as identical as another but one tiny spec of it is different. Or maybe they are polar opposites.

How about every inche and spec of life on earth is meerly just stardust collected in various ways.

Also, all the metals we find on earth were formed and created over years of exploding stars and supernovas.

Not only that but therer are things out there that get close to us within 3000 miles they can suck all the lead out of our blood stream because their magnetic fields are so large.

How about a gama ray burst that can shoot the speed of light and destroy our entire planet all life and ozone layer included in seconds.

How about the idea that, a physical object can be in more than one location at the same time.

What if that none of us. Really understand everything that is going on at all. That, all physics itself is a lie. So if physics is a lie, then technology would be a lie aswell.

So, considering all this.

I would say you sound fairly reasonable in the questions your asking it looks like a top notch game i would love to see!

You know, I think you and me...our minds are somehow linked as we think the same way.
I hope I could realize this project and amaze you then my friend yet it's still only a hope because of my ******* miserable life. But I'll try my best, I know I should fight like a pirate :D

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 10:18 AM Reply

Yea if your wondering where i go this stuff from.

Read some articles on string theory, quantam mechanics, astrophysics, learn what a magnatar is and a neutron star.

Then if you do some digging you will find out that every cell in our body isn't older than 7 years. No matter how old you are.

Not only that but some physicists are trying to say time doesn't even exist. Oh lets not forget that in a blackhole space and time bends itself. Whatever that means.

Oh and, if you get in the center of a black hole and live. You can do anything you want whatso ever.

Oh also there are organisms that die... then come back to life.

Not only this but, it is indeed theoretically possible to recreate life itself.
Time travel is theoretically possible too.

There are so many cool things you can hear of if you just watch the right youtube channels or turn on the science channel.

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 10:19 AM Reply

Yea if your wondering where i go this stuff from.

Read some articles on string theory, quantam mechanics, astrophysics, learn what a magnatar is and a neutron star.

Then if you do some digging you will find out that every cell in our body isn't older than 7 years. No matter how old you are.

Not only that but some physicists are trying to say time doesn't even exist. Oh lets not forget that in a blackhole space and time bends itself. Whatever that means.

Oh and, if you get in the center of a black hole and live. You can do anything you want whatso ever.

There are so many cool things you can hear of if you just watch the right youtube channels or turn on the science channel.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 11:03 AM Reply

At 6/14/13 10:19 AM, PMMurphy wrote: Yea if your wondering where i go this stuff from.

That's definitely awesome, do you know anything about simulated universe(s), I think that's an incredible idea, though it may be false, it maybe true but it's awesome. There's a research running along this subject.
To be honest with people here in the forums, the purpose of this post isn't yet clear in my mind but I believe that's an idea I have to develop no matter what... I don't have such great knowledge yet I just watch some Youtube channels, think deeply every day, make mistakes and lots of complicated things...

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 11:39 AM Reply

Bellow are dumb ideas consequences of my daily deep thoughts
Logic is the language from which a universe is created
If there's more than a universe then there are other logics
Inside a universe:
What's possible is something that goes within the laws of its logic
What's impossible is something that doesn't
But what's impossible inside a universe could be possible inside another universe and vice-versa as logics may differ from universe to another
Black holes are gates to other universes (Not sure and I haven't read or watched any theories about black holes)
Humans are not allowed to pass through black holes until they reclaim a visa or a valid citizenship
Once you're allowed to pass through you have to renew either your body, your mind or your soul to adapt the new logic (I know this is top of madness but... LOL)
Time is an illusion, and that's related directly to how energy acts on objects and what's called energy is something caused by variables exchange between functions of one big program that runs everything may be an OPERATING SYSTEM (Yes it's too complicated and I don't understand myself LOL)
What do you think?

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 11:58 AM Reply

The last post was missing an "it" and so its function returned a fatal error :D
Here's the correct post

Bellow are dumb ideas consequences of my daily deep thoughts
Logic is the language from which a universe is created
If there's more than a universe then there are other logics
Inside a universe:
What's possible is something that goes within the laws of its logic
What's impossible is something that doesn't
But what's impossible inside a universe could be possible inside another universe and vice-versa as logics may differ from universe to another
Black holes are gates to other universes (Not sure and I haven't read or watched any theories about black holes)
Humans are not allowed to pass through black holes until they reclaim a visa or a valid citizenship
Once you're allowed to pass through you have to renew either your body, your mind or your soul to adapt the new logic (I know this is top of madness but... LOL)
Time is an illusion, and that's related directly to how energy acts on objects and what's called energy is something caused by variables exchange between functions of one big program that runs everything may be an OPERATING SYSTEM (Yes it's too complicated and I don't understand it myself LOL)
What do you think?

Yet even without the missing "it", if you wonder whether I understand myself or not I bet that no one has understood his real being across history and that's for sure. But if someone would discover that, it will be a new NRPS revolution

NRPS is an alias for something I cannot describe now ;)

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 14th, 2013 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 6/14/13 11:03 AM, Fat-Footy wrote: That's definitely awesome, do you know anything about simulated universe(s), I think that's an incredible idea, though it may be false, it maybe true but it's awesome. There's a research running along this subject.
To be honest with people here in the forums, the purpose of this post isn't yet clear in my mind but I believe that's an idea I have to develop no matter what... I don't have such great knowledge yet I just watch some Youtube channels, think deeply every day, make mistakes and lots of complicated things...

Nothing wrong with making up your own non-sense. Thats what scientists do afterall.

They just base it off of the non-sense past down through the years of non-sense.

Then some other scientists make non-sense that disproves non-sense till everyone just gives in and says.

"fine your right".

But really deep down. Its just refiled non-sense till the point it might NOT be non-sense.

There are many loop holes in understanding many many concepts we understand today.

We really don't understand many things at all.

So even though there are some solid lessons learned and we have learned lots.

In truth. Its just a bunch of non-sense that isn't 100% solid yet.

But don't expect it to be that solid in our lifetime or anyones lifetime.

There was a period of time when people believed the earth was flat.

Then we discovered the universe and verified the earth is round.

I wasn't until the cold war when we discovered what a alpha death ray is.

This is relitively new stuff.

So theories like string theory may be just like the theory of the earth being flat.

So we ourselves may not live the day to truly know if these theories are indeed the correct answers.

If you wan't to learn this stuff and get better at science and do your own thing and enjoy yourself. Then do it, but do it for you. Practice your own concepts and make up your own non-sense.

But base it off the scientific method and scientific method only.

Base it off facts, logic and mathematics.

You can do whatever you want. But follow the correct process. As long as you follow the correct process that is all that matters. Doesn't matter what you create. Doesn't even matter if its useful.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:41 AM Reply

Ok I would like to say thanks to everyone who replied to this topic and especially PMMurphy who really has the same crazy way of thinking just like me :D but you should know that these thoughts are really of a high class
I was trying to reply to his last post for days 'n nights but I'm out of ideas, I'm just glad there are people who think and make sense from the non sense :D

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 12:33 PM Reply

try not to refer to these concepts as "high class".

That expresses elitism. Elitism is bad.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 6/23/13 12:33 PM, PMMurphy wrote: try not to refer to these concepts as "high class".

That expresses elitism. Elitism is bad.

Yeah me too I believe that elitism and leadership are bad but I couldn't find other words to describe my feeling I know my english is bad, too bad

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:37 PM Reply

good as long as you understand that is fine.

Google translate is really good.

Just translate your regular language into english. We should be able to recognize the details.

Or just post your foreign language here and link us to google translate.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 6/23/13 02:37 PM, PMMurphy wrote: good as long as you understand that is fine.

Google translate is really good.

Just translate your regular language into english. We should be able to recognize the details.

Or just post your foreign language here and link us to google translate.

Nope you understand me wrong, I understand write and speak english myself, I usually use google translate service to check for spelling mistakes, yeah that's a habit same case for french, I know some japanese too from anime series that I watch. Yet my native language, I won't be able to tell you down here for some reasons but you may be able to guess through the process of elimination, you know brute-force techniques may end up in a success :D Here's a hint for you: I intend to learn more foreign languages cauz that's awesome the challenge is to learn russian chineese and dutch, what's my native language huh I bet you still don't know don't you :D
For me problems occur when trying to translate the meaning of something, that what makes all the troubles because sometimes it's not the same combination of words.
At least I hope you understand this whole text because I spent a lot of energy let's not say time trying to make it clear for you.
(y) <----- type this on facebook :D
Hugs ^_^

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:24 PM Reply

mehhhhhhhh

after getting exposed to technology i kinda think "native tounge" is pretty dumb.

No need to learn more than english, i can just translate everything into my own then translate it back.
It might sound ignorant to some people, but most countries are forced to learn english its becoming a world-wide trend. I know a word or two but i don't really take time to learn other languages because i know sooner or later i won't have to.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 6/23/13 04:24 PM, PMMurphy wrote: mehhhhhhhh

after getting exposed to technology i kinda think "native tounge" is pretty dumb.

No need to learn more than english, i can just translate everything into my own then translate it back.
It might sound ignorant to some people, but most countries are forced to learn english its becoming a world-wide trend. I know a word or two but i don't really take time to learn other languages because i know sooner or later i won't have to.

Even though you and me we really think the same way, I really believe that with technology lots of things are getting pretty dump, you know why? It's because of the concept of shortcuts, shortcuts are somethings that let you get whatever you want by providing less energy aren't them? I only said I would like to learn foreign languages cauz I love discovering other's culture I'm an open mind and I love to do that the same way natives do it so that cannot be performed by just translating :D

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:44 PM Reply

all because you simplify certain aspects of life doesn't mean there aren't more things to discover. Making a universal language isn't a bad thing. Also all because i don't learn your language doesn't mean i don't respect your culture.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 6/23/13 04:44 PM, PMMurphy wrote:

Making a universal language isn't a bad thing.

That's something I really had thought of it long time ago, I believe both of us are linked another way than this thread :D

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:56 PM Reply

I mean, how can i learn the hardships of other countries if i can't speak to them.

It takes years to develop not only my own language, but even more years to develop a new language. We can solve problems 1000x as fast if we just speak the same language to begin with. Or have tools to translate.

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 6/23/13 04:56 PM, PMMurphy wrote: I mean, how can i learn the hardships of other countries if i can't speak to them.

It takes years to develop not only my own language, but even more years to develop a new language. We can solve problems 1000x as fast if we just speak the same language to begin with. Or have tools to translate.

How about humans communicate in other way than talking that should be great you will have less headaches but you say good bye to your epic singers too :D

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:02 PM Reply

but i love talking :(

Oh-Sama
Oh-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 6/23/13 05:02 PM, PMMurphy wrote: but i love talking :(

Yep me too, but just to see how that would affect humans' future, if we stop using our tongues would that make them disappear and if so then we are really some kind of pokémons I mean the way how our bodies evolve and are not set up to a certain standard. THat would solve many culture hardships and may bring a new NRPS revolution.

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to What sort of program Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

actually i saw a youtube video related to this.

They think that the future phsycial evolution of human beings is pretty much at a hault and will never change through evolution because there are not strong indicators or need to evolve. We can go anywhere do anything there are no huge pressures we can cure our own diseases. So basically our desgins are replicating over and over again but there is no more massive scale of death.

So since people aren't dieing on a massive scale all the basic blueprints of the human body will pretty much remain the same. The only reason why we might change our phsycial forms is in the future when we develop genic engineering to alter our bodies. if we decide we don't need tounges we would have to go into our dna and rip them out. Evolution will never play a roll on our designs of human beings, just us.

Also, telepathy already exists. We can communicate today without speaking or typing. They just havn't given this priveledge to anyone outside of certain very detrimental medial conditions in select hospitals.