00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

.:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::.

4,847 Views | 71 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

.:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-02 07:42:57

Contest thread:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1341286

Let the discussion action begin!

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-02 11:32:48

At 6/2/13 07:42 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: Contest thread:

Looking forward to it! I've got some ideas rolling around

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-02 19:25:17

I have to say, the theme seems like a challenge. But that's what makes it so fun! Can't wait to see what some people come up with.

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-02 19:52:11

Did I win? Thank you.

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-03 00:05:53

I love the concept of this one, I will be participating :)

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-03 07:35:42

Not sure if I'll have time to participate in this one. Hopefully...

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-03 14:42:22

I made an attempt, enjoyed thinking up the story.
It's meant to make you think a bit about what happened, and how the blind would feel losing the sight that they have through touch.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-05 09:23:16

I had a couple of ideas in my head, one would of taken several post and time to make. The other short and simple, but was meant to make you think.
In the end I'm glad I went with what I did, but I'm writing the other on a notepad for later XD

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-05 15:24:06

Well, my submission is in. I hope it meets the expectations and guidelines. Good luck to everybody!

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-05 15:26:21

At 6/5/13 03:24 PM, Luke wrote: Well, my submission is in. I hope it meets the expectations and guidelines. Good luck to everybody!

Oops, that being said, judges and stuff may want to know this:

Words: 2,184
Characters (if this is important): 11,865

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-07 20:47:20

I had a spare hour, so I decided to participate, even though it's mostly me rambling about nonsense.

I really enjoyed your entry Luke and I hope we see plenty of fantastic submissions from people. Blindness is a very unique and creative subject, so hopefully people really go nuts with their stories.

Good luck to everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-07 21:52:03

I'm loving the entries so far. I don't expect to win myself, though I take pleasure in my story. (Everyone else makes me feel like mines too short :(

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-08 13:21:58

I recently decided to try writing so this seems like great practice. Good luck to everyone.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-10 12:14:13

Good news everyone!

We've got about thirteen talented voice actors offering their voice so far! There are more prizes in this contest than ever! I would certainly urge everyone to try and take part. We don't want to end up with less stories than prizes, do we? Let's show Newgrounds what the writing community is really made of!

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-10 17:55:48

At 6/3/13 12:05 AM, Luke wrote: I love the concept of this one, I will be participating :)

Wow, great story! Did you make this up in a couple of hours or do you had this story already written once?
Really good, I highly doubt I can mess with your skills!

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-10 18:04:10

At 6/10/13 05:55 PM, CrackerJack30 wrote:
At 6/3/13 12:05 AM, Luke wrote: I love the concept of this one, I will be participating :)
Wow, great story! Did you make this up in a couple of hours or do you had this story already written once?
Really good, I highly doubt I can mess with your skills!

All in all I probably spent about two hours in total writing that. It was an idea that just came to my head overnight when I was thinking about the contest. I had something entirely different planned for it, and when I started writing, the finished product came out the way it did. I wouldn't mind having given it a different ending and such, but it is what it is now.

I'm very glad you enjoy it, good luck to everybody submitting an entry. I look forward to reading them all.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-11 09:08:37

Will it be OK to use my usual gloomy dystopian-ish style? like, say, a blind person in a world where disabled people are considered unproductive, and locked away to die someday, and then she manages to discover her fate and escapes etc.? or will I be straying from the theme?

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-12 04:48:55

At 6/11/13 09:08 AM, FlyingColours wrote: Will it be OK to use my usual gloomy dystopian-ish style?

I don't see why not. Just try not be overly influenced by 1984 :P

I was reading 1984 a few weeks ago, and I was like "This seems familiar.."

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-13 03:01:01

At 6/12/13 04:48 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: I don't see why not. Just try not be overly influenced by 1984 :P

I was reading 1984 a few weeks ago, and I was like "This seems familiar.."

LOL, I thought 1984 was something most people could relate to, so I figured I'd borrow some stuff... and I ended up borrowing quite a bit. :P

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-15 16:00:52

Finished my submission. It is short but hopefully the content is good.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-17 06:30:45

Is it possible to enter the contest with some kind of a poem or do you only allow short-stories?

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-18 15:44:47

At 6/17/13 06:30 AM, CrackerJack30 wrote:

Is it possible to enter the contest with some kind of a poem or do you only allow short-stories?

I can't speak for the people behind the contest, but I would imagine a poem should qualify as well. If it were me throwing the show, anyway. It's still writing, and therefore still should pass. But, that's just my opinion. Hopefully they allow it, I'd like to read.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-18 16:20:29

At 6/18/13 03:44 PM, Luke wrote:

I can't speak for the people behind the contest, but I would imagine a poem should qualify as well. If it were me throwing the show, anyway. It's still writing, and therefore still should pass. But, that's just my opinion. Hopefully they allow it, I'd like to read.

Thanks Luke, we will see what will happen.
I guess Omar is a bit busy atm, I'm sure he will answer soon enough.

Right now, I'm not too sure if this contest is only for short-stories, I would 100% understand & respect that, too.

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-18 23:30:14

At 6/18/13 04:20 PM, CrackerJack30 wrote: Thanks Luke, we will see what will happen.

Right now, I'm not too sure if this contest is only for short-stories, I would 100% understand & respect that, too.

Well, one user submitted what looks like a script, unless I read it the wrong way. I'm sure if a script writing style can be submitted, a poem could be,

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-19 07:53:02

At 6/18/13 11:30 PM, Luke wrote:
At 6/18/13 04:20 PM, CrackerJack30 wrote: Thanks Luke, we will see what will happen.

Well, one user submitted what looks like a script, unless I read it the wrong way. I'm sure if a script writing style can be submitted, a poem could be,

Sorry about the late reply. I read your question but actually forgot to answer. In the future if you want something answered urgently, feel free to PM me!

As for poems, they are technically allowed, so feel free to submit one, although I don't really see a poem being able to compete very well in terms of telling a story about a blind person. Of course if you happen to have some creative idea, I won't hold you back! Newgrounds is all about this creative "outside the box" thinking.

Here is the updated list of available awesome voice actors offering their voice for this contest so far!

SkuhPlew
Butsaay
PiperAnn
ForNoReason
StratVarius
PeteG
Alkaizer
Saminat
DrewDryDen
Enatyx
codeblackhayate
WhoopiGoldberg
mrbipolar
Roseflare
Chongo

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-28 07:15:17

So how is everyone doing? Anyone still working on their stories?

It's been kind of quiet here, and it may be a bit late to announce this, but how about if we try a new experimental prize.

The Greatest Reviewer Award

To encourage people to exchange feedback and review each other's stories, this award will be given to whoever spends the most effort reviewing and critiquing others work (and of course others would be inclined to review your own work back). Of course simply saying one or two words about each entry so you have a lot of reviews won't cut it. Think of it more as a community spirit kind of thing.

While this award does not come with a monetary prize as of this moment, it will get you mentioned in the results thread, giving you, and your story, extra exposure!

What does everyone think of that?

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-28 11:33:40

At 6/28/13 07:15 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: The Greatest Reviewer Award

While this award does not come with a monetary prize as of this moment, it will get you mentioned in the results thread, giving you, and your story, extra exposure!

Scratch that. The reward for Greatest Reviewer shall be a supporter badge. Benefits include an ad free Newgrounds and a shwanky badge to show off.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-28 16:33:37

At 6/28/13 07:15 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: So how is everyone doing? Anyone still working on their stories?

It's been kind of quiet here, and it may be a bit late to announce this, but how about if we try a new experimental prize.

The Greatest Reviewer Award

To encourage people to exchange feedback and review each other's stories, this award will be given to whoever spends the most effort reviewing and critiquing others work (and of course others would be inclined to review your own work back). Of course simply saying one or two words about each entry so you have a lot of reviews won't cut it. Think of it more as a community spirit kind of thing.

What does everyone think of that?

I'm assuming this is for this particular writing contest? For I would love to compete for this. I may not be the greatest writer myself but I usually spend a lot of time on my reviews.

Check out my profile for links to my writing. Also willing to review writing works on request.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-28 16:50:04

At 6/28/13 04:33 PM, Kylpault wrote: I'm assuming this is for this particular writing contest? For I would love to compete for this. I may not be the greatest writer myself but I usually spend a lot of time on my reviews.

Yup! it's for this particular contest. Knock yourself out! And as Deathcon as so generously added, the prize for being The Greatest Reviewer is A Newgrounds Supporter badge which costs $25!

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- Discussion ::. 2013-06-28 17:30:52

At 6/28/13 04:50 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 6/28/13 04:33 PM, Kylpault wrote: I'm assuming this is for this particular writing contest? For I would love to compete for this. I may not be the greatest writer myself but I usually spend a lot of time on my reviews.
Yup! it's for this particular contest. Knock yourself out! And as Deathcon as so generously added, the prize for being The Greatest Reviewer is A Newgrounds Supporter badge which costs $25!

Quick question before it gets started. Where do we post the reviews? The official thread or the discussion thread?

Check out my profile for links to my writing. Also willing to review writing works on request.