00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

.:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::.

7,783 Views | 48 Replies

++ ENTRY THREAD ++

DO NOT DISCUSS THE CONTEST IN THIS THREAD. ALL QUESTIONS, CONCERNS AND COMMENTS GO IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD: TO BE POSTED BELOW

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Welcome June's 2013's Monthly Writing Contest: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - MWC13 - June - You Are Blind - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a theme I've been excited about for a while, and I hope you'll be just as excited about it as I am.

Limitation is often the spark that ignites creativity, and what better way to handicap your writing than to abjure all (or most) visual description. I've always found the stories told through a blind man's perspective to be most enticing. Many of our mundane and daily tasks are often scary or frightening challenges for the blind, and there are many aspects which none of us ever really stop to think about. For example, have you ever thought about , when a blind person pours a cup of tea, how they know when the cup is full?

(Special note on the prizes for this contest: Newgrounds has always been built on collaboration. Any website allows you to submit your work, but the reason why Newgrounds is what it is, is because of the constant collaboration of people in all these diverse fields that allows us to grow and form unique partnerships.

There was a "writing jam" a year or so ago, where writers submitted short scripts, that coincided with a "movie jam" where animators chose from one of the scripts and animated it in 72 hours. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of such events in the future!)

THEME

The theme is "You Are Blind". You must write a story where the protagonist is a blind person. The whole aim of this is to force you to focus on your descriptions, and attempt to paint a scene with almost no use of visual description. (I say almost because the blind person can try to infer shapes by touching and whatnot, or mentally picture the surroundings)

Now this could be the story about an introspective blind old man who struggles to do the things that we take for granted, or a miraculous tale about a blind spy or sky-diver, or something else you'd imagine would be impossible for someone with impaired vision, yet he finds ways and methods to overcome his disability.

Tip

Good writers write from experience. If you're not blind yourself, or know someone who is, it would probably be really hard to imagine exactly what they would be going through in a given situation. The best way to go about this would be to research the subject. Perhaps try to find first person accounts of blindness, or go about your day and conciously think about how you would do each activity without using your eyes. Try to find real events or examples to inspire you.

RULES

Please read the rules carefully, and make sure your submission abides by them, otherwise you might be disqualified!

1) Your story must NOT exceed 4500 words.
2) Story must be your original work. Plagirism will not be tolerated.
3) Story must be submitted by the deadline below
4) You must follow the "Submitting" roles posted below

DEADLINE: July 2nd, 2013; MIDNIGHT STD, EST (ie midnight between July 2nd and July 3rd)

PRIZES

As always, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will each be awarded $25 in NG store credit. The special prize this time around, is that winners will also be getting their stories narrated and voice acted by the talented voice actors of Newgrounds!

Imagine your short story being an audiobook! Maybe even with sound effects throughout the narration. (With that said, please do NOT write your story in script form, with things like [glass breaking sfx here] )

Current list of voice actors who volunteered: (I'm still getting some offers by PM, the more voice actors we have the more people can get their stories narrated!)

SkuhPlew
Butsaay
PiperAnn
ForNoReason

SUBMITTING

1) Post your stories in this thread.
2) Do NOT post a link to your story on your userpage, or anywhere else. The story must be submitted in this thread.
3) If your story is too long to fit in one post, split it up into multiple posts.
4) PLEASE post a title to your story, along with the word count. You don't want have your story referred to as "untitled" when you win, do you?

JUDGING

Judges have yet to be announced.

Good luck! I look foward to reading your stories

-------------------------------------------

FINAL NOTE: Please click here to follow the account Lit101 where experienced NG writers will be posting tips, tutorials, and to make sure you are notified of updates, events and all future contests! Don't miss out! Follow Lit101!

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-02 07:43:29

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-02 19:40:05

Two men are in a living room with the sunlight beaming through the window.
"Hi Walter" said Walter's best friend Jasper. "Go away!" snapped Walter. "Well sheesh!" Jasper walked out the room.
"Wait! Come back. Hand me that piece of there! This baby's almost done" said Walter. "Do you really need to make this bomb? The SWAT will be here any minute!" questioned Jasper. "Sure" said Walter. Knock knock knock. "They're here!" cried Jasper. "So what." said Walter. BANG! The SWAT team kicked through the glass windows. A bright flash flooded the room.
"AHH! I can't see! I can't see!" shouted Walter. "Muahhaha. The flash bang worked. Now this man can't see. Now we can take his bomb in peace, and disassemble it in our laboratory and no one has to die." said MR SWAT Man. "I can't see! What have you done?! " cried Walter. "Muahahha" said MR Swat Man. He walked toward the blind man and hovered over him. "Don't you ever try to make a bomb in my neighborhood again. This will teach you." Said MR SWAT Man. "But I am blind! Why did you do this to me? I will never be able to see again! All you had to do was ask me to stop!" said Walter. MR SWAT Man's jaw dropped. Everyone was silent. They stared at Walter. "Why did you do this to me?! How am I supposed to see again!?" said Walter. MR SWAT Man loosened his tie and his knees were trembling. "I...I didn't..." stuttered MR SWAT Man. Walter dropped his face on the floor and began to cry. MR SWAT Man began to tear as well. "I am sorry." said MR SWAT Man. He looked at his men, "Come boys, let's go." said MR SWAT man. 5 hours later Walter was alone in his house looking for food. As he guided himself around his house he accidentally bumped into his piano. He accidentally hit more piano keys. Then he sat down and felt like playing. 10 years later he became the worlds most amazing piano player. The End.

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-03 14:38:38

~ The blind lose sight ~ By James "jecjoker" Crumley
"I stroke what I can only describe as a long shaft, it feels coarse yet smoothe" - 16
"I get to the end to find a cold hard tip and what I can only describe as four appendages" - 20
"I run my hands back down the shaft to find a large circular head that reminds me of a newborn baby's head" - 22
"I feel a sudden surge and I black out, I wake up to screaming and I start to panic passing out again" - 22
"I wake up hearing a hurry around me and people talking, I feel someone pass by and hurriedly ask them what's going on" - 23
"What I realize now was a woman yells for the doctor as someone else in the background says "Thank god we saved him!"" - 23
"I try to reach over to the woman to get her attention again but realize nothing is moving, I can't feel anything" - 22
"I try to wriggle my toes too get feeling in them but they fail to respond" - 16
"I yell and scream ""Help me I can't see!"" - 9
"As the woman next to me puts her hands down on my shoulder too hold me, I feel her hand on the top of my arm and then nothing after it" - 31
"The doctor comes in with these words ""We managed to save you, you've been out for weeks we thought we had lost you. I'm sorry but you've lost both of your arms from the shoulder down and the ability to use your legs"" - 43

1266 Characters used - 247 Words used

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-05 15:20:26

A Powerful Mind - 1

On the morning of August 23rd, 1993, the sun rose slower than it ever had before. Patrick, laying awake in bed, was enjoying the rest of his time off during the summer break. Soon, he knew, his mother would be preparing breakfast. His stomach grumbled at the thought, and he began drooling inside for pancakes. He opened his eyes, and let out a sigh of sadness and frustration. It had been three years now, and Patrick still had not gotten used to his inability of sight. Not a moment after Patrick made a sound, his best friend jumped up onto the bed beside him. "Mornin', Chucky!" Patrick said, he felt a small smile growing on his face as his companion began panting and laying beside him. Chuck was a four year old farm dog, and had helped Patrick since the day of his accident. While his father was so busy with a bottle of whiskey (no doubt punishing himself over what he'd done to his son), Chuck would make sure Patrick could go about his day to day chores with a little less stress and difficulty.

"Chucky, what do you say we go for a walk?" Patrick hadn't been out of the house for quite some time, with his mother and father both asleep, he figured this was a good time to go exploring the farm. There was one thing Patrick was happy for, caused by his blindness, he had never been quite an imaginative boy, not like everybody else. Patrick was serious, and never could he be found with much of a smile on his face. Since his accident, however, he has smiled more than ever before in his life. The entire world was his playground, because nobody could tell him different. The barn was a castle, because he refused to believe it was anything but. The pond near the farm was a pool of magma, and not even Chucky could convince him otherwise, not even when he'd swim in the pond for sticks. Patrick would jokingly scream and shout, panicking to save the dog that would be burnt alive in a second of impacting the lava.
Chuck barked gently, and sprung himself off of Patrick's bed.

After a number of minutes passed, Patrick was dressed and ready to explore the great outdoors. He'd lazily thrown on the same shirt and socks he'd worn just the day before, his mother would complain at some point, but right now Patrick was far too eager to put his imagination to use, he saw it as the best thing in the world, and had his accident to thank for it. Chuck barked, calling on Patrick to hurry up. He made his way through the hallway of the farmhouse, and was outside before his companion could call him once more.
"Chucky, it's so nice out!" Patrick said enthusiastically, feeling the air to pet his best friend. "This is going to be the best day ever, I just know it". The sun was only still beginning to rise, Patrick had no idea of the time, but he knew that his mother woke up around six o'clock in the morning, Pat assumed it was roughly five. "Come on, Chucky, let's get going!"

The German Shepherd trotted alongside Patrick, guiding the blind child with the sound of his movements. These walks were a common thing for the duo, and Chucky had a good feeling of where Patrick would want to go. First, they'd visit the barn where Patrick would often imagine that he was a king or a knight, fending off trolls and other fictional monsters. Secondly, they'd visit the woods, where the child would imagine himself as an elf, or hunter, he'd play survival games by himself there, with Chucky being his watchdog, helping him hunt imaginary animals. At the end of their travels, they'd go to the pond, this is where Patrick often wished he could swim. Instead, he'd hear the water and pretend it was a pool of lava, the two friends would have to avoid this deadly liquid at all costs, their lives would depend on it.

Patrick smiled gently, "We're here, aren't we Chucky?". He could smell the barn animals, the chickens were still resting, he knew that they'd awaken when he was nearby. "Maybe we should just skip the barn today, let them get some extra rest." he suggested to Chucky, who understood as if he himself were a human. This was almost unlike Patrick, who never once showed any care for the chickens. To him they were nuisances and not much more. He'd often step in their faeces and be annoyed with their clucking. However, Chucky obliged and led his companion to the woods.

The fallen twigs and dry leaves crunched under their feet. "Are you ready, buddy? Go find me a staff!" Today Patrick wanted to be a wizard. It had been ages since he'd cast his magic and performed his tricks to the elves in the woodland. Chucky ran off, and returned almost instantly with a stick the perfect size for his friend. Dropping the staff on the ground, he let out a quiet bark. "Thank you!" he said with glee. Patrick bent down and picked up the staff. Immediately he could feel the magic and power surging through his body. "I am the greatest wizard in all of the woodlands!" he announced, jumping with his staff in the air. He aimed the staff around him, making sound effects to go with the fire and ice he began shooting out of it. "Burn you!" he'd shout, imagining the monsters collapsing around him. "I am fearless, not a soul can stop me! Living or undead, I will destroy you!" He struck his imaginary foes with more magic, casting lightning from the sky and reigning hell upon the earth at his feet.

Soon the elven villagers of the woodland approached Patrick, in tears of joy. "Thank you, thank you!" they fell to their knees before him in worship. "I am only doing my job, ladies and gentlemen! You can always count on me!" Patrick bowed, and did a series of magic tricks for the children of the tribe. "I am afraid I must go now, but I will return!" Patrick made his exit, the elves cheered and waved goodbye to him. "They love me, Chucky. They really do!" Patrick's smile was thick and filled with joy. "This really is the best day, thank you so much for coming with me!" Chucky barked in excitement. The two best friends continued their journey, Patrick felt around for the trees and shrubs around them, guiding himself through the woods until they'd reach the pond.

"You know, Chucky, sometimes I wish I could remember what you looked like." Patrick began, and his companion looked up to him in interest as they walked. "I've seen you before, but now it is so difficult to put a face to you. I bet you're the most handsome dog in the world, though!" He giggled and stopped to pet the German Shepherd. "I'm the luckiest boy alive to have a friend like you." Chucky licked his face, and Patrick's giggles drowned out every other sound around them.

The pond was still today, no fish were jumping in and out of the water. It was a calm morning, and Patrick knew that he would have to go back to the homestead soon. "We'll only be here for a little bit, Chucky, I promise.". The young boy hurried toward the pond, today he would dip his feet into the water. There was no lava this time. He slowly approached the sandbar near the water, being as careful as a blind boy could with each step. If he slipped, he was sure Chucky would be there to catch him somehow. "Just be careful..." he told himself. This was the closest to the water he had been in a long time, and without ever knowing how to swim, his heart was racing. Suddenly, the German Shepherd let out a series of loud yelps and barks, and began racing off into the woods again. The dog had spotted an animal, and was set on capturing it for the family at the homestead. Startled, Patrick slipped and fell onto a number of rocks. "Chucky!" he screamed in fright, the world was tightening around him, the fear he felt made him want to vomit. "Help me!" he began shouting in repetition. Not once in his life had Chucky even been disobedient to his friend, in the back of Patrick's mind throughout the mayhem he was facing, he had no choice but to question what it could be that had stolen his dog's attention.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-05 15:23:22

A Powerful Mind - 2

Patrick scrambled, with one thousand thoughts crossing his mind at a second, he tried and tried, but could not catch his balance on the sand and rocks. "Please, please, please!" He screamed, and begged to any higher power that he could see, so he could catch on to something. He slipped again after lifting his leg and trying to catch a flat surface. It was his worst nightmare, and Patrick soon found himself in the cold water of the pond. "Chucky!" He tried screaming, but he was being pulled under the water by his inability not only to see, but to swim as well. His pleas and shouts came out in gargles, all inaudible to anybody but himself. In the darkness of his mind, the water became lava. He got pulled under. It was water. He reached up, it was lava. Pulled under, water. Up, lava.

His time was running short, he knew he was going to die. He couldn't see a thing, but could feel the fish swimming around him, the movements of theirs so close to his. Would he end up fish food? He was sure of it. He tried once more to reach for the surface, and couldn't manage.

All was quiet, and as usual, all was dark around him. Patrick fell to the bottom of the pond, his eyes opened, and still there was nothing. He could feel though, his sense of touch and awareness seemed to be stronger than ever before.
Something is in the water. He thought to himself. What is in the water? With his new found imagination, and at the last few seconds of his life, Patrick imagined the most horrifying monster in the world. It could be anything, a mutated serpent, 100 feet long, ready to consume him. Please, God... he thought to himself. Suddenly, he was being pulled. He could hear the gargles of breathing under water. What is this? He panicked. Surely it must be the monster he imagined, he was going to be eaten before he drowned to death. It was just the luck of a blind child. Sharp teeth bit in to him, he was almost gone, he would be dead soon. He was thankful for this, he wouldn't have to be eaten alive entirely before passing. He'd much rather drown. The worst part of it all was that he could not see, he'd never know just what it was that would eat his lifeless body. A 100 foot serpent seemed the most likely to the child, the blind child with an imagination unlike any other. He was being dragged across the water, he could feel himself rising. The sea-monster wasn't too strong, but was doing good enough to bring Patrick's almost-dead self to it's underwater cave, or whatever it chose to reside in.

He gasped, swallowed water. He gasped, swallowed more. He gasped, and he could taste fresh air. He could hear the struggle, the gnawing and the splashes. He could feel the soaked fur. Patrick began wondering what kind of sea-monster would have fur. A beaver? A massive, mutated, savage beaver? He screamed, knowing now that his insides would not be invaded by dirty water. He was beginning to breathe again, and he was going to be okay. "Help!" he screamed. Nobody could hear, and the savage beaver was going to be feasting on him soon if he could not escape. Maybe he would not be okay. He began to cry, and that was when he realized what was happening. "Chucky!" he was shocked, and he was more relieved than he had ever been in his entire life. "You came back!" Tears ran from his eyes and into the pond, soon he would be on land.

The German Shepherd dragged the boy onto the sandbar, in his soaking went clothing, he lay there, breathing deeply and furiously. He couldn't find the words, but his companion knew that he had just saved his life. "Chucky, let's never do this again." Patrick said, taking very long pauses for breath between each word. The duo lay on the sandbar, soaking up the sun, catching their breathe, and enjoying their lives together. The most precious friendship in the world, the most precious picture ever taken by the universe. Patrick and Chucky rested for hours, both knowing (and hoping) that they would never have an adventure quite like this one ever again in their lives.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-07 19:01:29

What My Eyes Can't See By: Daniel Fletcher
It was mid summer of '56 Montgomery Alabama I was only about 7 years old, 4 foot 3, 65 lbs, and blind. I was born with a Blindness doctor said I would never be able to seeanything ever and thats how I lived.
( Two white women talking inside a little house) Lady 1: Did you hear about those killings of three Negro boys by Klan?
Lady 2: Yea yea I heard Sherif Bates found 'em real bloody hung in from a tree down in them woods.
( Boy running around in house ) Lady 2: Im sorry bout that. Charles sit yo' raggedy tail down befo' you gets hurt! Already blind wanna be blind and crippled?!
( Charles listening in on conversation )
Lady 1: So Sharron hows the boys eye site comin' along?
Sharron(Lady 2): Its the same doctor says he's gone be blind his whole life.
Lady 1: Oh so he's gots it bad two ways.
( Charles runs outside to play )
Sharron: What do yo' mean ?
Lady 1: The fact he's blind and poor of course.
( Charles outside runs into a black boy )
Charles: Oh sorrys didnt see yo there.
Boy: Oh its okay Im Daryl.
Charles: Im Charles but you can call me Charlie.
Daryl: Well Charlie yo wanna play hide and seek ?
Charles: You wanna play with me but Im blind
Daryl: That doesnt mean we cant play together me and you we are similar the only ones who we different from are them normal white boys me and you we're friends. Shake ?
Charles: Yea but wheres yo hand i cant see
Daryl: Here
( They shake hands beginning a new friendship )
And thats when I learned I was a " blind negro " growing up thinking I was black many things changed for me I stopped depending on other people and became independent because I knew being black would be hard enough with the white man against me and on top of that I was blind. No ever told me head on I was white and I never lead to it either.
( Charles now 13 years old Country Rivers Park playing baseball )
Daryl: Hey guys I brought us an extra player.
Other boys: ( mumbling ) Man why him?
Daryl: He's good despite his condition Cyrus.
Cyrus: I bet he is but that doesnt change the fact that he's -
Daryl: What you dont want em to play cause of that then you aint no better then the ones discrimatin' against us.
Cyrus: Whatever just leave em we can play
Daryl: No Charlies been my bestfriend since I we we're 7 years old and Im not gonna turn away on him for none of yall. Comin' Charlie I guess we're not wanted here.
Other boys: Man he trippin' C'mon lets just play
Charles: Wait why cause Im blind? So Im just like you a Black African American male!
Daryl: Hahaha man you funny Charlie.
( Both laugh )
Daryl: What do wanna do now ?
Charles: I might just go home its supper time now anyways.
Daryl: Alright see ya later.
Charles: Later Daryl.
( walks into house Sharron talking to a woman )( same woman from beggining)
Charles: Evenin' momma evenin' Miss April
Sharron: Evenin' Charlie
Miss Apil: Evenin' Charles. Back already Charles ?
Charles: Yessum
Sharron: Charlie get washed up and ready for supper
Charles: Yes momma
Sharron: Like I was saying its shame how they kilt that negro man like that.
Miss April: Yes it is.
Charles: Someone needs to put a stop to that Klan killing our people for no reason.
Miss April: Our people?
Charles: Yes mam our people us blacks
( Miss April chuckles )
Charles: Whats so funny mam?
Miss April: You are boy ?
Sharron: Um Charlie what she means is what are you talking about we are not negroes.
Charlie: Wait what yeah we are
Sharron: No we're not we just live in a negro neighborhood because we're poor leave it alone now and we'll talk about when your father gets home in a minute.
Charles: No we wont I wanna know the truth now!
Miss April: Well its late and Imma get going on home wooh a negro white blind boy cant wait to tell the girls.
Sharron: Bye April.
Miss April: Bye hope you get this cleared up.
( Leaves out the door ) (Charlie crying leaving out the door)
Charles: No no no! Daryl open up please!
Daryl: Charlie whats wrong?
Charles: ( crying) What color is my skin ?
Daryl: What ?
Charles: What color is my skin?!
Daryl: White why?
Charles: No you're lying
( Runs out and runs into a random man)
Charles: Sorry
Man: Are you blind made me spill my damn coffee
Charles: Sorry Sir but please can you tell me the truth?
Man: Yeah about what? Whats wrong kid?
Charles: What color is my skin?
Man: White
( Stands there in shock and breaks down crying )
Voice of a man: Charles its time to come home
Charles: I dont wanna pa
Father: Why not?
Charles: Because
Father: Charles it doesnt matter if you're black, white, yellow, green, purple, or gray you're still you on the inside and that what matters so come home and eat your supper.
Charles: Yes pa
So it turned out I wasnt black but I still was treated like one because I was poor and I supported blacks I soon became a white blind civil rights activist who marched with Dr.King, witnessed Rosa Parks inccident, heard Dr.Kings speech, and went face to face with Klan with my best friend Daryl. So I may not have had black skin but I did have respect for myself and the ones who were black.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-07 20:41:56

Jupiter's Eye

Dedicated to Gregory

It's comical how the simplest pleasures can bring so much joy in one's life. Something as mundane as sunlight, as it dances along Earth's atmosphere like quicksilver, can be humbling in it's presence and bring about feelings of nostalgia as it embraces the skin like a long lost lover. Our eyes drink in the day and all it's monotony as the world unfolds, revealing itself. In some ways can entice and completely satisfy the soul bringing it that much closer to nirvana. Filling our minds with all sorts of wonder and mysticism harbouring an unquenchable passion just aching to burst free like a newly born phoenix from it's mother's ashes. Unfortunately, not all are blessed equally under lady luck's well endowed bosom.

The blind with everything that it implies and entails is a subject that has long been distant yet increasingly of interest to me as well as bred curiosity. I wish nothing more than to spill my thoughts and offer my perspective. I do not pretend to understand how someone so critically handicapped goes about and attends to their day to day activities, to me it seems like the ultimate martyrdom of the senses. To be so cruelly dealt such a hand of fate and then be ordered to a lifetime of a consuming sea of darkness is a thought that chills me to my very bones. To be part of a world where only what you can touch, smell, or hear makes any sense as you form a mental image, seems incredibly challenging to me, however I'm sure to someone born this way is just second nature. I've also heard of special cases where people experience "phantom vision" a truly baffling phenomenon where the victim conjures apparitions either from memory or imagination and has seemingly no control over the manifestation until it subsides. I've yet to touch on the important question at hand however, how is life for a blind person? Well, to answer that we're going to have to dive deeper into the psyche and explore the other side of the human condition.

I have personal experience with someone cursed with blindness, my high school English teacher. He wasn't born blind, but had been for so long he had probably forgotten the minor details of the world. He was the type of guy who would give you the shirt off his back and every time he opened his mouth he had something inspiring or hilarious to say. He was one cool cat and I eventually came to think of him as more than a teacher, a friend. He was also my creative writing (poetry) teacher and he pulled me aside multiple times throughout my years with him and told me how much he admired my work. Needless to say I was flattered and really valued his opinion considering his profession and his love for free form jazz, which collecting vinyls was a long standing hobby of his. He often enjoyed deviating from the normal routine and had a particular interest in getting the class out of the boring interior of the school and out into the fresh air. I remember him saying something along the lines of:

"If you sit around waiting for the spark of creativity to hit you you'll never get anywhere, you have to get up and get moving. Let your hand write whatever comes to mind, it doesn't matter if you're not satisfied with it, you can toss the paper and start fresh. If you never write anything you never get anything done."

Now, five years later, I couldn't recall a single memorable thing my other teachers had said, yet the words of this man rung more true to my ears than anything else taught to me at that school. This man was more than a teacher, he felt he had a moral obligation to express all of his wisdom in whichever manner he could. He was my hero, but for me to really explain to you the type of man he is, I need to tell you more about his life. He worked alongside his wife, whom was also a teacher at the same school and had suffered brain damage through comatose many years prior. This left her with one dysfunctional leg and was the source for many stares. Despite the hardships the two had to go through to be together they not only managed, but flourished as a couple. The sight of seeing the two together gossiping and sharing food at lunch time was heart warming and honestly one of the cutest things I have ever seen. They were clearly made for each other.

One day, having been ill for several days, I was forced to stay after school to catch up on my work while receiving minor tutoring. It was during this time, alone together, that I was honored with seeing his more vulnerable side. He was always prone to getting side tracked during class, often times giving short stories that contained within them life lessons that really made you reflect on yourself within the context of the world. Knowing this, I decided to take a leap and asked him "What is it like to be blind, do you consider it a burden?" I still remember his face, as his grin cracked to both sides of his snowy white mustache.

"People see others through their flaws, if you remove vision all that is left is who the person truly is. My ears cannot choose when to listen, but my heart can. I have been blessed with many things in my life; my loving and sexy wife(he shouts so she can hear next door, next thing I hear is her cackling), beautiful daughter, a job that I look forward to every single day. Just because I was given a rusty instrument doesn't mean I don't have an important part in this play."

With these personal words, I had an epiphany of sorts, I smiled and continued silently working.

I'll never forget the impact this man had on me, how he sculpted and redefined the ways in which I view the world. I almost consider him a second father, although I would never confess that to him. His soul is gorgeous and my only wish is that more people like him existed to help pave a brighter tomorrow. He touched a part of me that not many are able, my introverted cynical ways often shutting people out to preserve my self dignity and privacy. The jaded parts of me view humanity as more blind than any bat; straining relationships, allowing tempers to flail, passing blame to thy neighbor, ignoring the homeless, it's all so mind numbing and tiring, all the while I'm just a worthless onlooker unable to offer advice or assistance. The righteous go without reward and the criminal retain the bounty. We're a thunderously uncouth creature that should be locked away, but I stray from the topic at hand. Who's truly blind here?

It could be said that we are all blind to each other's desires and well being. The sort of man who has it within himself to reach out with an honest and sincere hand is a rare thing indeed. We should all strive for a paradise where we can co-exist, our words and actions celestial in nature, our hearts equally as tender. Whether this is in the realm of possibility remains to be seen, for it is up to us to aspire for greatness and remove the veil that blinds us. To walk among the clouds and soak up the divine rays is one of many options that lay in our future. My own nightingale has visited and steered me onto the correct path while I was still stumbling my way through the dark. I hope for nothing more than my little tale to plant a small seed inside your conscious; with enough care and the river of time's swift guidance you shall see the fruits it bears. Maybe we're destined to an eternal tomb of bludgeoned eyeballs, I'm not the pillar of knowledge, so I possess no concrete answers. I can say, however, that I've had the fortune to come in contact with somebody who encompasses perfection, whom many others would consider "imperfect".

"In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"
-August Wilson

Word Count~1378 (Not including the end quote, approximation)

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-08 18:37:28

"Hey, Jack?" Howell looked dead into Jack's eyes. "How old are you exactly?" Jack shifted a little in his seat.
"Like, eleven?"
"Oh..." Howell wiggled his nose in the shady, foggy hills of Buffalo. "That's nice, Jack." He hovered his hand over Jack's knee. "That's nice."
"What are you doing, Howell?"
"Nothing, just inspecting your knee." Just then, Howell spontaneously rushed Jack down. Howell held Jack's arms above his head and simultaneously unbuckled Jack's belt.
"No, Howell, no! You'll get sent into jail again!"
"Bitch, I don't care. I just want some pootie tang!"
"No, Howell! Stop! It hurts!" Howell continued ravaging through Jack's pants. Howell's erection was glowing under the moonlight's warm cone. Then suddenly... Penetration.
"Mmm, boy. You know you like it."
"Oh god! Why, Howell, why?!" Quicker than ever before, something slammed against Howell's head. The object was silent, but the sound of Howell's thudding body made the night sky tremorous.
"Are you okay?" A woman walked over to Jack. She spoke with a hard voice, as if she hadn't even noticed she had shot a man. "Here." She reached out her hand, letting Jack take confidence in her stature. But Jack had refused the woman's help. "Cautious... That's good." The woman smacked Jack and swiftly lifted him and just as briskly threw him down to the floor. "Bitch, you is weak. I'm go'n train yo ass."

And that's the story of how Jack met The Boss.

Stuff normally tastes well...

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-09 17:59:04

TITLE : Nothing is how it seems. 1907 Characters, Round About 365 Words

Tic Toc... Tic Toc...
As the violet pointer rotated around the golden grand clock it felt like time itself was watching me but I couldn't watch him.
The only way I knew to tell the time was to listen to the humming bird on a cold winter evening sing his magical song which would ring my ears sending a feeling of hope through my crippled body as I sat in the old, cold, dark room alone.

As I slowly lifted up out of my old arm chair I could feel the floor beneath me crumble away as toast would crumble in a child's fingers as they press together. As I fall I could hear the sound of nothing fading away it was as if I was falling into the forever nothingness.

I was a puppet on a string.

Helpless alone without my trusty Labrador 'LuLu', I could not navigate nor speak without him by my side. All I had was my sense of hearing which was old and deteriorated from the crashing noises of men.

As I hit the ground it morphed around me and it burst out as I had hit a pool of features stuck together by the slime of alien hominid. It reminds me of my child hood on a hot summers day when I played in the mud splashing like a four year old in a bubble bath.

As I slowly escaped from the slime which held me prisoner for the eternity that it slept there but it felt like a second in my eyes "hu the irony", I slowly squeezed into this two dimensional like world were smell and touch come together.

I stumbled along the rusty road, At least I think it was a road?

I could feel the grass moving along my feat but I slowly started to feel intoxicated a I rapidly lost all feeling in my body, It felt like I was being erased from existence.

Rushing Quickly I jumped and seemed to fall out of the world and land straight back in my old arm chair with my kind, friendly, loving dog LuLu.

I was relived at last!

And could you believe that...

I only went to get a cup of tea

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-11 20:06:19

Droste - mh - 1200 words

---

The nurse told Don that his room overlooked Lullwater Park. She told him the view would be pleasant, pneumonia was common, and he would be out of the hospital, pain free, in a few weeks time. Veteran Affairs lies to people like that.
âEU¨
Six months later, Don was sitting in a wheelchair facing his window into the "pleasant" Lullwater Park. Finished with his morning medication. His white and silver plastic eye patch hung over his left eye, scarring from an electrical burn he received in Korea over his right. A chipped hexagonal pencil was fitted broodingly between the fingers on his right hand, and a crisp spiral bound sketchpad sat on his thigh. He felt the tip of his pencil slide along grooves that he had long since imprinted on the page, his head leaned forward, exposed eye vacant.
âEU¨
The "in and out" stay had resulted in far more sanitary sounds and smells than he would care to remember. Too many gurney wheel rushing past his door late at night; the sounds of staff members' calm and authoritative voices telling people to "keep calm, you are in good hands, you will be alright..."
âEU¨
He can't remember the last time a staff member talked about his condition, though he remembers there were at least three people in his room about a week ago. They were mumbling to themselves about him, something to do with his family history. "Macular degeneration runs in his family", that's all he remembers.
âEU¨
A click behind him signaled the door was being opened. Don didn't bother to turn around he wheelchair but stopped tracing as he heard two sets of shoes slide into his room.
âEU¨
"Tyler," the sound of condescension from one of the nurses. Obviously she was talking to a child. Don sighed, knowing what was next. "This is Mr. Lanier, do you best to keep him company," she paused. "Don't worry if doesn't say nothing back to you, he's just a little shy is all". The feigned sweetness of the nurse's words pierced Don. "I'm sure you'll both have lots to talk about". She giggled softly. The nursing clogs retreated and the door clicked shut.
âEU¨
About twice a month or so, kids and adults from the nearby parishes in Decatur came to visit patients at the VA Hospital to "spread the light of the Lord" to them. There were no spiritual undertones, just casual conversation for the people with nobody to talk to. The seemingly anodyne visits irritated Don though, he thought of them as mental chalk scratches along the wall of his room, marking the length of his incarceration. Every time anyone from outside the bubble of the hospital entered or exited it reminded him that he was trapped, at the mercy of the gurneys and smell of alcohol, surrounded by the decay of his generation. Constantly reminded of it. This wasn't the kid's fault, but he sure wasn't going to help "enlighten" him.
âEU¨
"Uh... hello," the chair squeaked from the wall behind him. The kid's voice was very soft and timid, as though he wasn't even sure if Don was there; a very genuine imploring tone. The kid gave a nervous laugh that sounded more like a gasp "Isn't it a pleasant day? It's so warm and peaceful. I really do love the spring in Georgia."
âEU¨
Don slid his tongue across his top front teeth, thinking of the things he'd like to do to the next person who called anything pleasant. There was a long pause in the room. The two of them hanging there like ripe peaches in the mid-morning sun.
âEU¨
"W...Well what are you drawing?" the kid finally piped up. Don placed his free hand over the spirals on the notebook. "Is it the park?"
âEU¨
Don tongued a âEU~K' sound and lifted the pad straight up over his left shoulder so the kid could view the sketchpad. He waited for a few seconds and heard no reply. He shifted in his wheelchair and broke the silence with a firm "See?" fluttering the pad back and forth in his hand.
âEU¨
"Yeah...Yeah I see," came the hesitant reply.
"Well?" Don thought he could hear the sound of the kid thinking.
"It's... um... pleasant," the kid nervously responded. Don felt his brow sink at the kid's remark.
"No it is not," He fired back. "You're not even looking, this is just scribble."
"But I... I mean..."
"Don't try and defend that, I don't even have a clue what I've been drawing! There is no way anyone finds this garbage a "pleasant" thing to look at!"
âEU¨
Don took a breath. Shaking partly with the release of six months frustration and partly with exhaustion.
âEU¨
"You don't need to patronize and old man just because you think he's miserable," he shouted against the windowpane. Leaving the hot silence ringing in the room.
âEU¨
"I was just... trying to be polite," Tyler replied gently, sniffling at the outburst. Don shifted again in his wheelchair.
âEU¨
"I can't see it," he said finally.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean I can't see it, I can't see anything," his voice was now choking up, on the verge of crying. Don spun his wheelchair around to face the door and the kid. He felt his tongue swell up in his mouth and his stomach sink.
âEU¨
Tyler was sitting on his hands in the visitor's chair by the door. Don peeled up his eye patch and tried to make out his features as best he could through a deteriorating left eye. Beneath his shaggy brown hair he saw his misty blue-gray eyes, bent slightly outward, looking out straight ahead, unresponsive.
âEU¨
"Jesus, kid, you should've said something," Don muttered, rolling himself closer to the boy. "I had no idea."
"We're supposed to make these visits about the veterans," he whimpered. "They tell us at the church meetings that you don't want to hear about our lives, that it makes you sad." Don put his head in his palm, dropping his pencil.
"I just wanted to be polite," he squeaked again, streaming tears. "They just tell us to try and make you guys happy. I'm sorry I upset you."
âEU¨
Don didn't know what to do. He noticed how bizarre it was watching a blind kid cry. Tyler was obviously torn up but he was still vacant, sad in almost an infinite existential way, not directed at any stimulus of misery. The man didn't want to touch him at the risk of surprising him and upsetting him further.
âEU¨
"Look kid, I'm sorry," Don said leaning in towards the boy. "I'm blind a lot too, mentally I mean... and physically" He tried to pull the kid out of his fit but he seemed too enraptured in his sadness to hear him. Don blushed. "I said I'm sorry, kid, Christ," he was almost shouting. Making things worse. All he achieved was a wet and raw chorus of anguish.

âEU¨He flipped his eye patch back down and wheeled himself over to the window. He faced out over the pleasant view of Lullwater Park. Leaning his head against the windowpane, he waited for the nurse to come retrieve the kid; and for the first time in a long time, he wept.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-13 19:12:20

GREAT SORROW

I... I have lost my reasons for living due to my sight. Everything I had disappeared, or is soon going to disappear: Love, job, and soon my life. I am not afraid of death anymore. My name is Mike Madison, I am 22, and I have suffered an awful eye disease. It welcomed me with such great depression. My girlfriend, Mary Thompson, she's just a bitch who wanted my money. No parents or any other part of my family lives near, its just me. I really didn't like the thought of suicide, but it was my only option to get out of this hell hole. I have trouble just by attempting to find my cane in the morning after I wake up. Just when I have the courage to put a knife up to my chest, aiming at my heart [I think]. I hear the doorbell. I walk to my front door and open it. I smelled a gross odor, so I take it that it might be a hobo. "Go away, I don't have any beans for you nor any time." I said. Just when I was about to close the door I heard a young little boy's voice with a British accent. "Please sir, may I have some food?" I was now sure that it was not a hobo, but a little boy. I just remembered I don't have any food, but I do have some tea. "Umm... why don't you come in for some tea instead." So five minutes later we're both having tea and talking. It turns out he was just a seven year old little boy who ran away from an orphanage that abused him and many other kids. I really felt sorry for him. The only thing I told him is about the reason why I'm blind. Then all of a sudden, I hear the doorbell. I hear the little boy putting down his cup of tea and running away. I get up and walk with my cane to the door again. I then take off my blind glasses and set them on a desk next to the door. I open the door and then my eyes. "Yes?" I asked. I heard an old woman's voice. "Have you seen a little boy run by?" I don't know this boy, this could be his mother. So I said "Yes, he came by and offered some food." I think back to when we were talking. I remember the way he explained. He sounded scared, but I'm not sure of these things. I'm not a detective, I wouldn't understand if he was telling a lie or not. She asks "Well? Where is he?" I.. I don't know what to do. I hear him sniffling back there. I need to do what's right. "He.. I.." I can't say it. She says impatiently "Spit it out, where is he." I answer " He.. left. I gave him food and he ran off, simple as that." She thanks for the information and then she left my house. The boy comes out and says " Thank you, sir." I reply. "So what was your name? Richard, right? Would you like Madison to be your last name, and you can call me dad if you like." Richard then cries "*sniff* thank you.. thank you sir I mean... dad." We lived off as the relationship of a father and son. That is my final and greatest reason to live: my son, Richard Madison. [624 words 2,887character used]

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-13 20:03:00

âEUoeSecond ThoughtsâEU by Jake LaFauci

The time is the middle of October, 1st quarter of High School, and High School East, in Long Island, New York, was just your typical, average high school. You have the average kids who do well and donâEUTMt bother people, your typical nerds who live on computers and technology, and you got your kids who think theyâEUTMre hot shit and popular. Tyler Farrston (senior) was one of those kids. He and his friends would always do what they want, whenever they want, all the time. Everything would go his way, he would get good grades, maintain an above average social life, and was just your average popular jerk. Most days in high school, he and his friends would always pick on this one kid, more than they would to other kids. That one kid was Andrew Lanstein (senior). This kid was one of the nicest people you would ever meet, he was smart, and he hardly did anything he wasnâEUTMt supposed. He was also proven to be 70% blind. He also had a helper follow him around so he can get by in school. When his helper wasnâEUTMt looking or went to the bathroom or just wasnâEUTMt around him in general, Tyler and his jerk friends would call him names and pick on him, sometimes even physically abuse him if they got lucky. Andrew was okay with it though, and not because he was too shy to go to the principal, but he knew he was better than him.

With that information out of the way, the real story begins now. Tyler and two of his friends went to science class that day, and they were in the middle of a lab including actual experimentation with compound chemicals. His friends were fooling around, while he was actually trying to work and pass the lab, considering it was to be 15% of his first quarter grade. He turns to them and says quietly, so no one else can hear him, âEUoeWill you two dumbasses stop being idiots and actually work?!âEU They were pretty mad at him and responded âEUoeYou always do this Tyler, hold us back when were trying to have a little fun.âEU And they were right even though Tyler was doing the right thing. He would always stop his friends whenever they were about to do something that crossed the line. Tyler got mad and tried to take the flask full of a dangerous compound, but his friend fought back, and in the end, Tyler was the one who payed the price, as his friend let go in their little game of tug of war, causing recoil in Tylers hand, making the liquid go from the flask into his eyes. He was sent to the chemical shower, and the Good Samaritan Hospital emergency room later. After certain eye exams and treatments, it was official...Tyler was blind. forever.

He knew his life would never be the same, and so it wasnâEUTMt. Ever since the dispute, Tyler lost a few of his friends, but that wasnâEUTMt it. Since he was blind, he couldnâEUTMt do almost all of the things he could do before the incident. He couldnâEUTMt hang out on weekends, play sports, drive his car, do homework, take tests, basically he couldnâEUTMt do anything with his current life, he even had to be homeschooled. Because of this, he lost all of his friends due to having no contact with them and that popularity he worked up from year one of high school...vanished. He knew all of this and the pain was eating him alive. Six months of being blind and depressed later he was going through his mental yearbook and remembered the kid he picked on for years, Andrew. He realized if being blind is this hard from him, it must of been hell for Andrew considering heâEUTMs been through this longer than Tyler. He decided it would be the right thing to apologize for all those years of torment. He had his mother drive him to school at the end of the school day and help him spot him out. He found him, walked up to him and greeted him gently. Andrew stayed silent, so Tyler told him with sorrow âEUoeIâEUTMm sorry for everything man. I know how hard it is to be blind now that iâEUTMve seen it for myself. Is there anyway, you can ever forgive me?âEU It was a weak apology, but being Tyler, it was what he thought was good enough. Andrew then responded, and not kindly nor lengthy, with two simple words that decided TylerâEUTMs fate. Andrew said âEUoeYou donâEUTMt know my story, piss off.âEU After that, Tyler wondered âEUoeDo I have anything in my life? What do I live for? Does god hate me?âEU All of these negative thoughts caused him to choose his fate. Through his memory of his home kitchen, he goes to the knife drawer, and ends his life.

Tylers funeral was two weeks later, and all of his lost friends attended. All of them saying kind words and filled with sorrow, even Andrew showed up and forgiven him over his casket. Not one of them realized that they were the cause of his suicide, they left him to rot in his house when he couldnâEUTMt do anything, but lay on his bed and get homeschooled. About two years later, an annual charity event in Tylers name was created to raise money to help the blinded in hospitals and homes across the world.

But is it everything all good and cheery? Do you think Tyler is just watching over in the heavens above just forgiving those who left him, or is he cursing their names out every chance he gets? Do his friends ever feel guilt over leaving him in his house?

Does anyone ever have any second thoughts? Like Tyler did?

The end.

If you see any random symbols, they are supposed to be quotations, I don't know why this happened but I guess its the website or something.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-14 21:04:32

Thief

Nobody suspects much of a blind man. I am seen as an individual who has gotten the short stick in life so instinctually people feel sorry for me. This empathy that others feel is touching. It really is. So much so that it almost makes me feel bad that I am a manipulative asshole.
I imagine that I look so feeble fumbling down the street with my walking stick. An âEUoeaccidentalâEU bump here and there is all it takes. My hand shifts through their valuables as I give a polite âEUoeOh IâEUTMm sorryâEU. âEUoeItâEUTMs okayâEU the dumb bimbo says with pity in her voice. Do not feel bad for me maâEUTMam. This poor bastard just scored twenty bucks.
I have been thieving since the beginning of my childhood. My first experience as a thief happened when visiting a local corner store. I was down a couple dimes, so I could not purchase a chocolate bar that I so much desired. Fighting my conscious I stuffed it in my pocket. I was nervous as hell, but my blind ass managed to stumble past the register and out the door. The clerk did not suspect a thing. It was such a rush and it came so easy! Sixty four years later and that feeling never get old.
One would think that after all these years I would have been caught. It astounds me as well. I understand the pity aspect but quite frankly people are just too stupid. God damn it people open your eyes! It is almost as if they are blind.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-29 12:35:58

Title: "I'm blind, MOTHERFUCKER!"

Steve woke up. He wasnâEUTMt sure if it was morning or evening, he couldnâEUTMt tell the difference anyway. He felt hungry so he walked to the kitchen. There are exactly thirty-six steps from his bed to the kitchen sink, every step etched in his memory. He pulled out the least grubby frying pan and stepped to his massive pile of bananas under the cabinet.

Steve wasnâEUTMt much for big breakfasts, but today was a big day, so he went all out. Steve fried up eight large bananas. Patches, SteveâEUTMs seeing eye dog, came running up. Steve rubbed Patches head and spoke. âEUoeTodayâEUTMs special, buddy. WeâEUTMll have to look our best.âEU This was the eleven year anniversary of the day Steve went blind. And the day Steve planned to get his revenge.

Walking from the kitchen to his closet, he memorized the path around old pizza boxes and taxerdamized animals from habit. He muttered to himself while rummaging through his closet, âEUoeWhat to wear?âEU He wasnâEUTMt sure what looked nice, or what colors his clothes were, to be honest he barely remembered what colors looked like. He pulled up a shirt that he thought was âEUoeredâEU, but he couldnâEUTMt remember what the difference between red and blue was.

He gave up trying to decide and chose the outfit that seemed the most intimidating to him. Once he changed they walked out of the apartment and into the hallway. As they entered the elevator to go down he heard his neighbor Gary inside.

âEUoeWhat the fuck are you wearing?âEU asked Gary in a mean tone. Steve responded, âEUoeEarth to Gary, IâEUTMm Blind! IâEUTMm sorry that I canâEUTMt perfectly color coordinate my clothes to match. If my eyes worked, then maybe I could dress better. So maybe you shouldnâEUTMt mock the disabled!âEU Gary replied, âEUoeYouâEUTMre wearing a bra on the outside of your t-shirt, a skirt with the word âEUTMJUICYâEUTM on your ass, a pair of green gloves, and while wearing a Fedora hat! And under that bra, does that t-shirt say âEUTMFuck the IndiansâEUTM? ThatâEUTMs really racist.âEU Steve replied, âEUoeItâEUTMs not racist, it doesnâEUTMt mean âEUTMNative American IndiansâEUTM, it means people from India âEU~IndiansâEUTMâEU. Gary replied, âEUoeThatâEUTMs still racist.âEU Steve responded as the door opened to the ground floor, âEUoeIâEUTMm one-eighth Indian, it means I want to fuck. Or I want to bang Indian chicks.âEU

Steve left the elevator and walked through the lobby to the sidewalk. He felt the warmth on his skin so he assumed it was a sunny day. He asked a passerby the time, and he started walking towards the prison. Brad was about to get released from prison, the man who caused Steve to go blind. Eleven years ago, Steve caught Brad stealing from in the apartment. Steve held him down until the cops arrived, but in the struggle Brad scratched SteveâEUTMs corneas causing him to go blind. Steve had a mental breakdown after he went blind, and was never the same since.

By the time Steve got to the prison gates, he knew Brad would be out at any minute. Patches growled slowly and Steve heard footsteps coming towards him. Steve grabbed them by the collar and yelled, âEUoeSon of a bitch! Are you ready to die?!âEU He instantly realized this was the wrong person, he accidently grabbed an elderly woman. Steve apologized as she quickly scuffled away.

Immediately he heard, âEUoeYou again, youâEUTMre the freak with the bananas!âEU He knew it was Brad, so Steve replied, âEUoeYou ruined my life once I lost my sight. I lost my job as a photographer, I could never drive again, and my girlfriend even left me. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to masturbate when you canâEUTMt see anything on the screen?!âEU âEUoeSteve, you put me in prison, IâEUTMm going to put you in a grave!âEU Steve pulled out his handgun. Startled, Brad said âEUoeYouâEUTMre blind, why do you have a gun?!âEU Steve replied, âEUoeIf someone goes blind they still have freedom of speech under the first amendment, and they still have the right to bear arms under the second. Legal rights are not taken away because of physical handicap according to the âEU~Americans with Disabilities ActâEUTM!âEU

Steve fired a barrage of bullets in BradâEUTMs general direction while screaming, âEUoeCONSTITUTION!âEU Then he waited for a moment, and listened intently. Steve asked, âEUoeAre you dead or are you just being quiet?âEU Brad grabbed him from behind and threw Steve to the ground. Kick after kick came out of the darkness, he missed his sight more than ever. Then Steve felt the gun being forced out of his hands while he heard, âEUoeAny last words, Freak?âEU Memories flashed before his non-working eyes, places from long ago and images of people he used to know rolled in his consciousness. He realized his life had been rather shitty.

Patches came out of nowhere and bit Brad, âEUoeAhhhhh!âEU A couple police officers from the station came running and grabbed Brad from behind. The cop said, âEUoeYouâEUTMre going back for a long time Brad. Now lets get your prints off of this gun.âEU Brad screamed and pleaded as he was brought back into prison to await his upcoming trial.

A police officer helped Steve get back on his feet and said, âEUoeI was around the side of the building when your dog came over barking like crazy, when I came over I saw him assaulting you. Your dog saved your life.âEU Steve just smiled and thanked the officer. While walking back to his apartment Steve felt grateful towards his canine, and for the fact that the cop didnâEUTMt see him firing the gun. âEUoeLets go to the grocery store before we go home, Patches. IâEUTMm going to buy you a big steak tonight.âEU

Word Count: 975

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-29 19:51:05

The apple I had been waiting for finally falls from its source of creation, and so I am thankful and happy.

Master prepared me; he nourished my senses for me to achieve an even greater solubility with nature, and so that now it could be made a possibility for me to hear the snapping of the twigs that held the delicate fruit. I feel so blessed, so immensely immersed into the greatness of such a succulent treat as this little bulge that dwells filling my hands.
I am rich! I am happy! This pillar that rises from Earth has been of good for my family for many moons; Master says it is a gift from Earth itself, given to me so that it could cover me from grandpa' Sun whenever I wish to, and feed me when my belly clenches with the pain of hunger. That is why I remain here.

I can live happily here, sitting in the middle of the growing grass that protrudes from beautiful Earth; I only have to ask Earth for a Brother worm or a Sister ant to show itself, hear either of them cruising through the jungle of grass, and then tell my hand where to move and what to search for and what to pick up from the ground to eat. I don't even need Master to bring me water, because there are ponds of water everywhere at the base of the hill where I lie. I have Brother worms and Sister ants and apples and shade and water, and more I don not need. This is why I am thankful, and this is why I remain here.

Suddenly, another apple recedes from its source of creation and begins to fall just right above me, where I have sheltered beneath the tree, although I sense it heavier than any of the apples I have ever eaten. The breeze from above is stronger, and it scares me that it might not be an apple, but maybe the evil snake from Master's stories.
And so I tell my hands to be lifted, and so they do. My palms greet the strange object that collides with them, feeling it.

The object is not an apple.
I touch the object, and palpate the thing; it is soft, as my skin is soft.
I lick it with my tongue and lick it like a bitch that licks its puppies, or at least like I have heard them do, and rejoice in its foreign flavor: it is sweet. The sweetest taste my body has endured, especially at a certain part where a curious circular bump protrudes from the fruit just like the grass does from the earth. Oh dear sweetness delivered from heaven! How much I enjoy your supremacy of flavor, even though your existence has merely crossed with mine, but how is it possible that I had been thankful for these scarce possessions that are not even mine without having ever tasted such a fruit?

Then Master arrives.
I can hear him easily even if he is very far away, because he is heavy, and Earth shakes when he stomps his feet. As he climbs the hill, I raise the strange fruit and declare with pride:
"Look Master; taste and touch this delicacy the good pillar of Earth has created for me".
But when Master climbs the hill bringing Air of delicious joy, and thus scraping my body and my new possession with the gentleness of his eyes, suddenly the Air turns to one of doubt; I can feel Master being plunged into a well of fear. I can feel it, and so I feel scared also.

"It is not the pillar's fruit, nor the result of Earth's goodness, but 'tis the deception of a demon trying to feast on your soul, my child" Master exclaims. "Leave it on the ground. I will take it from you, and take it back to hell".
And so, scared, I roll the thing from my hands and unto the ground it falls. I then want it back as soon as the magnificent fruit escapes from my hands, because it is delicious and heavenly, and not malign or devilish, and so I plan on how to get it back.

"This is the bosom of a woman" Master then says. "It serves not another purpose than that of nourishing the lives of men when these not yet thrive through Earth by themselves. Do not change apples for bosoms, because you will most certainly die"
But I could not listen to the meaning of Master's words, just like I could not see with mine eyes as every one else could.
And so, when Master turns and begins his descent down the hill, I quickly look for the pillar and auscultate its branches to find the largest one that I could carry, so that I can proceed with my plan and then recover the holly fruit. After much effort and energy given to me by the goods of Earth, I break a limb from the pillar and run towards Master. I know his position with exactitude, and so when I reach him I club him and smack him until his bones crack and his liquids spill over me, and then I stop when he no longer moves. I know then that he has returned to Earth's bosom.

And so, I am thankful for the rich milk that emanates from the fruit, fattening me and making me have no more need for apples.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-06-29 20:04:28

I am sorry, I did not include the title in my submission.
It is called "The blinding bosom"

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-01 16:55:44

The Revival of Sir Gindol
(1859 words)

"The queen and I commend you for your service, Sir Gindol. You have endured more than could be expected of any man. Given however, that those months in captivity have robbed you of so many faculties - chief among them, your sight - I must hereby discharge you from your duties as a knight.

"You shall forever be received in my hall as an honored guest, and though you may never again raise sword or banner, you shall remain, in name, a brother of the Order of the Peony."

It hadn't sunken in until then. Until the king, ordained by the gods, and whose word was law, decried me a broken man. Throughout all my despair I had held onto the childish hope that I might be healed, and that my life might suddenly revert to how it had been before the war. Before my capture.

A pair of iron pokers, made red hot by the fire of a hearth, had been the last thing I saw. From then on I was unable to see my dank, stone cell, though I could still smell the mold and moss growing in all about me.

Everyday had been some new torment. Needles pressed slowly through my arms and legs. Stones rapping against my head and hands. The meticulous removal of my tongue and teeth. O' the blood I swallowed. Bitter and thick, coursing into the back of my throat like so much water through a mill.

Brutal, but entirely conventional.

The worst of it had been the unnatural crafts done upon my body. At times I was made to feel as though I was being consumed by fire, or drowned in a river. At other times I was made to feel as though I was falling from a great height. None of these sensations left marks in the flesh, but they reduced me to a sobbing wretch, begging for the end. I learned to anticipate these particular tortures by the smell of burning of paper. The telltale sign of a spell being worked

Through all of it I had blindly hoped. Hoped that magics, or priests, or something might return my strength and sight to me. But I had been a fool, and the true weight of the torture I had suffered hit me full on at the words, "Never again raise sword or banner...".

That had been four weeks ago, during the kingdom's celebration of its hard-won peace. I say celebration because there were in fact many lords and knights receiving special honors and awards for their valor and service in the campaign. The only envy I felt was for those knights and brave soldiers being lauded posthumously.

It was during the feast that I made my decision. I had spilled three cups of wine, trying proudly each time to pour it myself. By the fourth attempt I learned that if I put my finger over the lip of the cup I could gauge how full it had become. But by then it was too late. The laughter had already begun, and while I am sure it was meant with no hard feelings, it forced a vision of myself as a doddering, blind cripple stumbling about the castle to the amusement and pity of all.

That was no way for a knight to live out the rest of his life. That was no way for a knight to live.

I found myself now in the company of twelve soldiers, riding south to the town Redbury. They were on a mission to deliver some such relic to a temple in the city of Baylock near the coast, but were acting as my escort for the time being.

At my request, the king had arranged for me to be received at the monastery in Redbury where I might go about simple chores and duties for the community. The king no doubt thought it a kind and merciful gesture. He had no idea that the mercy I sought was one I intended to gain by my own hand, away from everyone who once knew me. Away from anyone who might find me and say, "How pitiful... he used to be such a handsome and valiant knight...".

I had to ride doubled-up with the most junior soldier. The only strength I had was concentrated in maintaining my hold around his waist. Otherwise, I had no choice but to let my legs be jostled up and down on the horse's flanks. To keep my head from wagging back and forth on my weary neck, I placed the side of my face against the soldier's back. At first all I could hear was the clopping of hooves, but over time I discerned the beating of the young man's heart through his armor. How healthy and vital he was. Not yet worn down by the cruelty of this world.

I found riding to be much less enjoyable than it had once been. With no scenery to entice me or enchant my imagination, it was nothing more than a tedious, uncomfortable journey . My only distraction was the occasional conversation my soldier struck up with his compatriots. Typical greenhorn fare.

"...put a curse on him to make it shrink..."

" - all the way to the hilt but he still made it across the line..."

"yeah, but maybe for a fortnight with his daughter!"

"doesn't think there are goblins up there anymore, so..."

I wanted to tell them to cherish their women, and to be good to their fathers and lords. I wanted to tell tales of battles I had fought, blood I had spilled, and the glory I had been part of. Most of all I wanted to warn them. All the nursery rhymes and fables about monsters and witches and dire beasts, all the rumors about night stalkers and murderers that float around taverns... they were all true. Those things were all real, and despite our best efforts, an age of unnatural horrors was still upon us.

The air quickly became cool and my suspicion that it would soon be nightfall was confirmed when the company came to a halt and began discussing camp.

Two soldiers helped me dismount, and guided to the tree line along the road to have a seat against what smelled like an oak. Hearing an unceremonious thud beside me, I realized they had set my pack down as well. I'm sure they assumed it contained all those items that an invalid like myself might have use for. It contained only a rope.

I sat peacefully for an hour, listening to the men set up tents and get a fire started. The sound of pots and cups clacking together elicited a sharp hunger that I felt in the depths of my stomach. I had been loath to eat or drink much lately, aware of how pathetic I must look, blindly swallowing mush and porridge like a feeble old man.

I felt the warmth of a fire begin to kindle near me, and soon heard it crackle as it grew stronger and hotter. Familiar aromas of smoked meats, pasties, and beer soon filled the night air around me.

A hand grabbed my wrist and shoved a wooden bowl into my palm. "Oatmeal, sir, with brandy". I nodded dumbly to show that I had understood. I quaffed the slurry as cleanly as I could manage, spilling only a bit from the corners of my mouth when I took more ambitious gulps. I discerned a few chuckles coming from the men whenever I did this, but they at least had the courtesy to muffle their mouths under their hands.

A few bowls later and the alcohol took effect. My head began to feel heavy and light all at once, and my muscles weighed down on my bones. I eased carefully onto my back and allowed my thoughts to wander. Sleep took me quietly.

I awoke some hours later to raised voices in the camp.

"Give us the sacred bones of Allac Ar, you stupid farm boy!" It wasn't a voice that I recognized as any of the soliders'. But the second one was.

"We are bound by the king to bring this most holy of relics to Baylock. Stand down if you value your lives!"

I then heard the clear ringing of swords being drawn in the night, perhaps a dozen, all near the fire. The soldiers.

"Get back, all of you!" I heard my riding companion yell.

All of you? How many were upon us? Were we surrounded? I could hear no movement or disturbances nearby, just the rustling of the ground from where the foreign voice had issued its demand. Only two foot steps though.

Then all at once, "An ogre!", "To the right!", "They're everywhere, get 'em off me! Spiders!", "Dragons!"

(con't)

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-01 16:57:51

"Ah ha ha ha ha!"

A din of clamoring armor and screams rose in the camp. I could hear the soldiers fumbling and tripping about in their desperation, but I was still unable to detect the presence of anyone but the stranger. Let alone the terrifying creatures the men described.

I cautiously rose to my feet and edged closer to the heart of the camp. The stranger laughed and laughed, and I could clearly place him in my mind. The monsters however, remained undetected. I could hear no trees crash down as these supposedly huge creatures made their assault. No inhuman roars echoed around us. There was no beating of arms or gnashing of teeth.

Then something wafted my way. A distinct and odious smell.
Burning paper.

What the soldiers saw were nothing more than phantom illusions. I was sure of it now.

I groped around the piles of equipment, searching for a weapon. Anything would do. My fingers traced the short, taut string of a crossbow lying in the dirt. There had to be bolts nearby, there had to. I got down on my hands and knees and felt around. The now familiar sensation of pain shot up my hand as I pricked myself on a loose crossbow bolt.

I held the wooden shaft at its groove and carefully fit it to the string. Sitting on my rear I placed one foot in the cocking stirrup and began to draw the bow back. My arms shook and trembled. I felt an immense pressure welling up in my neck as I strained to load the bolt. There was a time when I could have done this for hours, volleying the enemy with bolt after bolt. I would have wept for my own pathetic state if all my strength were not presently consumed.

With a groan that emptied my lungs I finished the labor. The bolt was loaded.

Sweat ran down my face and chest. Catching my breath, I tuned back in to the chaos around me.

The laughter. Yes, there it was. About ten paces away. Whoever this conjurer was, he surely took a twisted delight in his work.

I held the foregrip with both hands, using my forward-pointing thumbs to aim in the direction of the now manic cackling.

As steadily as I could manage I ran my right hand back down the underside of the foregrip, nearing the trigger. I soon felt the cool metal nub against the edge of my palm, and, with the last drop of my strength, I depressed it.

The twang of the string reverberated in my ears.

And the laughter stopped.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-01 20:01:15

Imagination

Dad: Elizabeth... Where are you?
Elizabeth: (giggles)
Dad: There you are!
Elizabeth: (laughs)
Dad: Come sit on daddy´s lap, I´m tired.
Elizabeth: Daddy why can´t you see?
Dad: Who told you I can´t see?
Elizabeth: I never saw you open your eyes.
Dad: That´s because I don´t want to. You know when you go to bed, you close your eyes and then you dream? That´s what I do all the time.
Elizabeth: (impressed) Ah! You´re dreaming right now?
Dad: Yes honey, but it´s a different kind of dreaming, it´s more real and I never forget it.
Elizabeth: Can I dream now?
Dad: Yes you can, What do you want to dream about?
Elizabeth: About mommy being a princess.
Dad: Then close your eyes. Are they closed?
Elizabeth. Yes!
Dad: Really?
Elizabeth: Yes daddy!
Dad: Then think about mom with a big pink dress, and shiny shoes and a golden tiara. Can you see it?
Elizabeth: Yes daddy. I see it, I see it!
Dad: There you go. Did you like it?
Elizabeth: Yes! Can I dream forever? Like you daddy?
Dad: No honey, or else you can´t stop.
Elizabeth: (suprised) Ah! You can´t stop dreaming?
Dad: No, but it´s okay because in daddy´s dreams you´re always Princess Elizabeth, and mommy´s always Queen Mommy, Rudolph is my horse and I´m your knight.
Elizabeth: Haha. Rudolph can´t be a horse, he´s always so tired.
Dad: That´s because he takes me everywhere dear.
Elizabeth: Oh. Good doggy!
Elizabeth: ...
Dad: Are you sad that daddy can´t open his eyes?
Elizabeth: No daddy, I´m a princess! (goes play with Rudolph)
Dad: I´m sorry but I didn't have the courage...
Mom: It´s alright dear.
THE END

Word Count: 237

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-01 20:11:11

Imagination

Dad: Elizabeth... Where are you?
Elizabeth: (giggles)
Dad: There you are!
Elizabeth: (laughs)
Dad: Come sit on daddy´s lap, I´m tired.
Elizabeth: Daddy why can´t you see?
Dad: Who told you I can´t see?
Elizabeth: I never saw you open your eyes.
Dad: That´s because I don´t want to. You know when you go to bed, you close your eyes and then you dream? That´s what I do all the time.
Elizabeth: (impressed) Ah! You´re dreaming right now?
Dad: Yes honey, but it´s a different kind of dreaming, it´s more real and I never forget it.
Elizabeth: Can I dream now?
Dad: Yes you can, What do you want to dream about?
Elizabeth: About mommy being a princess.
Dad: Then close your eyes. Are they closed?
Elizabeth. Yes!
Dad: Really?
Elizabeth: Yes daddy!
Dad: Then think about mom with a big pink dress, and shiny shoes and a golden tiara. Can you see it?
Elizabeth: Yes daddy. I see it, I see it!
Dad: There you go. Did you like it?
Elizabeth: Yes! Can I dream forever? Like you daddy?
Dad: No honey, or else you can´t stop.
Elizabeth: (suprised) Ah! You can´t stop dreaming?
Dad: No, but it´s okay because in daddy´s dreams you´re always Princess Elizabeth, and mommy´s always Queen Mommy, Rudolph is my horse and I´m your knight.
Elizabeth: Haha. Rudolph can´t be a horse, he´s always so tired.
Dad: That´s because he takes me everywhere dear.
Elizabeth: Oh. Good doggy!
Elizabeth: ...
Dad: Are you sad that daddy can´t open his eyes?
Elizabeth: No daddy, I´m a princess! (goes play with Rudolph)
Dad: I´m sorry but I didn't have the courage...
Mom: It´s alright dear.
THE END

Word Count: 237

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-01 22:35:29

The Steel Tomb Part 1
It was the frigid salt-water spraying into my face that awoke me. I sat bolt-upright only to be greeted by an explosion of pain in my forehead as it collided violently with an unseen metal surface. It seemed that I had a pre-existing headache that had now been multiplied exponentially by my own carelessness. Grunting in pain I slowly rose from the floor being certain to let my hands guide me. Upon standing up I opened my eyes... Nothing... There was nothing. Blackness enveloped the space around me in a sickening blanket. This was very bad. That could only mean that both the engines and the emergency power had failed. This was most certainly NOT GOOD. It was in that instant that my blood seemed to freeze in my veins. The water! My hands pawed at the darkness in a mad attempt to find the freezing stream that had awoken me. It didn't take long. It was the sound that gave it away. It was the sound of death itself. Luckily for me it wasn't a very big leak. Hardly enough to be worthy of extreme alarm, but it surely meant that the pressure hull had been breached. The fact that I was still alive was a miracle.
What on earth had happened that I would find myself in this predicament?! A dull haze greeted me when I attempted to probe my memories from earlier that day. It didn't matter. I had to get out of this compartment immediately. I reached into my pocket for my trusted flashlight. To my utter dismay I found that it was gone due to a gaping hole in my pant leg. My ears were telling me that the pressure in the room had already risen slightly. My hands stuck out in front of me like two antennas. Since my memory was failing me, I had only my ears and hands to guide me. A metal pipe greeted my fingertips and as they ran along its frigid length I could feel my body heat rapidly being sapped away. My hands shied away quickly before they became frozen. Nothing on board was supposed to be that cold... Unless I was standing directly beneath the refrigerant plant. I knew where I was. It was the engine room. Quite literally the worst place to be onboard for somebody who was bereft of light. In my mind I had always nicknamed it the jungle gym of death. It was due to every piece of equipment having the potential to dismember, crush, or electrocute you to death in a matter of mere seconds. It was either that or the whole steam plant deciding to rupture and recreate the scene at the end of âEUoeRaiders Of The Lost Ark.âEU
Needless to say, I was slightly discouraged at my predicament and was not excited to begin the multi-storied climb to the watertight door that lead to the forward compartments. This task would prove difficult because of the intricate web of ladders and low hanging pipes that precariously cluttered the path. My still ringing head sent stabs of pain to the backside of my eyeballs. Reminding me that I was wounded and would have to go cautiously slow so as not to incur yet more injuries.
A thought occurred to me now that made me feel stupid for not thinking of it sooner. I almost slapped myself in the face from the sheer exasperation at my own foolishness. I thought better of it.
âEUoeHello?âEU There was no response. âEUoeHello!?! Is anyone there!?âEU There was nothing but the creaking of the surrounding machinery. Where was everyone? A terrible thought sprang into my mind. Maybe the reactor had sprung a leak and they had been forced to abandon the engine room barely escaping with their lives from the ensured onslaught of radiation? No... That wouldnâEUTMt explain how I was still alive. Surely my vital organs would have liquified by now if that was the case. A sharp spike of pain in my ears warned me that I was wasting precious time. I had to escape and I had to do it now!
My hands swung slowly around me in a circle in an attempt to find which direction I needed to go. They quickly found a gap in the piping and I slipped through it with relative ease. The familiar sound of steel plating greeted my ears as my sneakers stepped onto it. I bumped into a handrail.
âEUoeOkâEU I said to myself. I knew that I had one of two options. I was to either go right or to the left. One way would lead back to the propellor and the other would lead me closer to my goal. If I was to choose the wrong way towards the screw then I would run the risk of falling two stories into the lower levels and breaking my neck. The other would lead me to a set of ladders that would lead me to the top of the room. There was a sudden crash and a thud that emanated from somewhere on my left. Not wanting to find out what it was I turned to my right and started my slow journey in the darkness.
My outstretched extremities ran along the bulkheads and myriad apparatuses that were bolted to them. My feet collided multiple times with what felt like loose bits of debris that lay scattered all about the deck. I prayed to myself that whatever I was trampling underfoot was not anything human. There was certainly no response on the part of the debris which was both comforting and terrifying simultaneously.
A high pitched squeal arose from out of the darkness that continued in a devilish crescendo till it sounded not entirely unlike a train horn. The demonic dirge echoing off the metal interior of the boat only magnified it a hundred fold. The terror that ripped through my body in that instant cannot be described. If I had anything within my bowels to expunge at that moment it certainly would now have been stewing within the confines of my pants. Luckily for me, this was not the case. What had happened instead was not by any means more preferable. I was frozen. I was standing stock still as God-Knows-What was tearing itself apart along with half the engine room no doubt. My only guess was that there had been a catastrophic failure within the hydraulic plant and that it had ruptured. Three thousand pounds of hydraulic fluid bursting from a hole less than a millimeter wide was known to cut grown men in halfâEU¦
The pressure was now rising at an alarming rate. If I didnâEUTMt get to the door in time the atmospheric pressure alone could seal me permanently in this underwater tomb. With my legs feeling like cinder blocks I slowly began to move towards, to what I was now certain was indeed, the right way. The feeling of relief that washed over me when my hands wrapped around the all too familiar ladder that would take me to the uppermost level was, by most accounts, incalculable.
Without warning my breathing started to become ragged and painful. At once I knew what had happened. The hydraulic fluid had ATOMIZED! The sickening cloud rose from the depths below and I could feel my skin becoming oily with itâEUTMs greasy embrace. Holding my breath I quickly removed my undershirt and fabricated a makeshift scarf to wrap around my nose and mouth. The pain was considerably more manageable but I had to climb up quickly if I wanted to survive.
My hands grasped the higher rungs and slowly began to pull myself up into the unknown dangers above. To me, what lay in wait overhead was inconsequential. I wasnâEUTMt going to stay down below and wait to die! As I ascended, the shrieking machinery below began to slowly wane in pitch and volume. It wasnâEUTMt merely my increasing distance that was responsible for this, but rather that the hydraulic system, which had a finite amount of fluid to expel, had rapidly dumped a majority of it contents into the room already. This phenomenon could best be described by a party balloon slowly leaking out. At first it would eject air rapidly but as the pressure decreased it would begin to evacuate air more slowly.
My right hand reached for the next rung and found only air. I had made it to the top. My feet stayed firmly planted on the rungs as my hands firmly positioned themselves upon the surrounding deck. A pain shot through my left arm as I lifted myself out of the gaping hole. I winced as the feeling of liquid fire being poured down my arm slowly ebbed away.

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-01 22:37:50

The Steel Tomb Part 2
I had no time to dwell upon it. If my memory served me correctly, I was now merely twenty feet from the opening of the reactor tunnel that lead to the watertight door.
Blindly stumbling in the dark I hunched over in an attempt to not have my head collide with any of the low hanging ventilation ducting. The heat radiating from the wall that separated me from the nuclear reactor was surprisingly cooler than normal. This could only mean that the reactor wasnâEUTMt on or in a even worse scenario that the boat was dead... Not wanting to acknowledge the sheer hopelessness of my current predicament I walked along the seemingly endless corridor until my fingers felt the cool steel door that separated me from the rest of the boat. I tried the handle and attempted to pull. It wouldnâEUTMt budgeâEU¦
Panic enclosed around my heart like a python does when it commences to kill its prey. In a terrible rush of adrenalin and fear I began pounding on the door with my fists. The dull thuds of my hands colliding with the bowl shaped surface of the door was lamentable. I might as well have been shouting in a sound proof room. I tried to scream but the sheer dryness of my throat quickly put that to a stop.
I fell upon the floor in desperation to find some blunt instrument that would give me aid in my quest to alert somebody on the other side that I was hopelessly trapped. Fumbling in the darkness proved useless. I returned to the door to hammer on it a little more. Something clattered at my feet. The familiar metallic sound almost made me shriek with joy. My knife that had been precariously perched on my belt had just fallen off. I had completely forgotten about it. I bent over to snatch it and was lucky enough to find it relatively quickly. Knife in hand, I flipped it around and began to strike the door with the pommel. I attempted to use what little of morse code I knew to alert the others.
TapTapTap... Tap... Tap... Tap... TapTapTap... It was a simple S.O.S. The metal upon metal combination proved far more effective at creating a recognizable signal. I prayed that SOMEBODY would hear it. What felt like hours must have been just mere minutes when I began to hear almost indeterminable clicking sounds emanate from the other side of the door. My heart jumped in excitement. Was I about to be freed from this steel tomb?!
I stopped my tapping to listen more closely. Without warning, sharp taps that were not my own erupted from the doorway. Somebody was there! Without thinking I began to pound upon the door with the butt of my knife and began yelling at whomever it was to let me out. The tapping on their end ceased and I could hear very muffled speech.
Based upon the two stark tonalities of sounds that I heard I could only guess that there were two people on the other side rather than just one. From the crescendo in volume, it sounded like they were arguing. It was far too faint and muffled to be understood. I just hoped that they would stop arguing and just save my sorry hide. The yelling stopped. There was a squeak and a creak and suddenly the room began to depressurize. They had opened the ventilation bypass valve to equalize the pressure of both the engine room and the missile compartment! I was only seconds away from being able to open the door and escape this compartment. The sound of the locking ring squealed in protest as it was turned by the individuals on the other side.
With an almost anti-climatic âEUoeClickâEU the door swung open.
âEUoeHoly Shit! ItâEUTMs Hughes!!âEU I immediately felt multiple hands gruffly take hold of me and pull me through the doorway.
âEUoeClose that door and secure that valve!âEU barked a gravely voice. It sounded like my XO.
âEUoeClose the door and secure the valve aye sir!âEU chirped a younger voice. There was some grunting as I heard a couple of individuals shut the door and reengaged the locking ring. There was also a distinct whistling as the ventilation valve was slammed back into its closed position. I still couldnâEUTMt see a thing. I was beginning to wonder how these men were working so efficiently in the pitch blackness.
âEUoeDoes anybody have a flashlight? IâEUTMve been in the dark back there so long...âEU There was now an almost sickening silence that fell upon the group around me.
âEUoeSon... We all have our lights on...âEU said my XO seemingly stunned.
âEUoeNo you donâEUTMt! If you did I would be able to see them! With all due respect...âEU Then it hit me. My hand slowly lifted. My fingers slowly scoured the circumference of my head and found a horrible mound of swollen flesh and dried blood at my right temple. I was blind... I let that sink in for a second. It was my XO that broke the silence.
âEUoeHughes! WeâEUTMre all very happy that youâEUTMre not dead but there are more pressing matters at hand to attend to. Are you well enough to don an escape suit?âEU I let my numbed mind roll the thought around before responding.
âEUoeI believe so sir. I just donâEUTMt know how well this will work with not being able to see...âEU
âEUoeWell you either don the suit or wait down here and risk not being able to be rescued. We are sorry that youâEUTMve lost your sight but weâEUTMre out of options! On top of that, Doc has already gone up to the surface with the rest of the crew.âEU
The answer was painfully obvious. With a bit of reluctance and a little help from some of my fellow shipmates I slipped into my escape suit. I knew from memory that while wearing one of these things I looked like a orange monstrosity. It would however, keep me alive while I ascended rapidly to the ocean surface. I began to ask questions of the guys around me as to what had happened. Nobody really knew for certain. Some said that we had hit an underwater mountain. Others said that the reactor had failed and that after losing power we had run aground. Apparently the emergency ballast tank air system had failed catastrophically. That clearly explained why we were stuck down here. The pressure gauges about the ship indicated that we were over four hundred feet below the surface. Contrary to popular belief, this was surprisingly lucky.
Upon getting fully dressed out I was informed that it would soon be my turn to use the escape chamber. I was terrified. The last time I had done this was back in submarine school, and even then that had only been in about thirty feet of seventy-five degree water. This was a hundred times more petrifying. It was the signature slam of the escape trunk hatch that snapped me back into reality.
âEUoeHughes! You and Wing-nut are up!âEU When I tried to stand up my legs felt like jelly. I didnâEUTMt really want to do this at all. It was however, exceedingly more attractive than the alternative. With a little coaxing and some support from the remaining crew I was able to climb the stubby ladder into the escape trunk. The sound of my own breathing echoed loudly in the steel bubble that I was now standing in. I heard Wing-nutâEUTMs boots âEUoeClackingâEU up the ladder and felt his body push up against mine as he situated himself in the cramped space.
âEUoeYou gonna be alright Hughes?âEU Exclaimed Wing-nut.
âEUoeYeahâEU¦âEU I said half-heartedly.
âEUoeWeâEUTMll youâEUTMre already doing better than me over here. I think IâEUTMd rather being doing paperwork than this crazy shit. No waitâEU¦ What am I saying!? I hate paperwork! If we donâEUTMt survive this bullshit IâEUTMm going to be pretty mad.âEU I smiled at his remark. Wing-nut was one of the few honest friends I had on board the boat. He was torpedo-man who openly loathed the system by which the Navy was run. His demeanor was that of unbridled eccentricity. Which invariably gave him his befitting nickname.

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-01 22:39:34

The Steel Tomb Part 3
During the particularly boring nights on board IâEUTMd find myself traveling down to see him and talk to him for the sheer sake of entertainment. He always had the most outrageous stories. Whether or not there was any truth to them was irrelevant. When youâEUTMre on a submarine you learn pretty quick that you have to get pretty creative at entertaining yourself or go mad with months of boredom. The sudden bang of the escape trunkâEUTMs door below me sent shivers down my spine.
âEUoeAlright! Zip up your hood!âEU quietly roared Wing-nut. My fingers groped the plastic hood draped over my shoulders and after a few seconds found the zipper. With a definitive âEUoeZIPâEU I became effectively incarcerated in what would be the only shield between me and the crushing ocean depths. I heard Wing-nut scrambling about with the ball peen hammer that was permanently attached to the interior of the trunk. There was a sharp âEUoePINGâEU as he struck the wall to signal to the remaining crew members that we were ready for the next step. Then came a sharp hissing sound that turned into a roar. It accompanied by a painful stabbing sensation in my ears. It meant that we were equalizing our pressure with the outside ocean. I yawned in an attempt to relieve the pressure. It worked well enough.
âEUoeIt says weâEUTMre sitting at about fifty feet of pressure Hughes!âEU yelled Wing-nut over the incessant din. For the next minute and a half minutes he continued to yell out the pressure readings. A hundredâEU¦ Two hundredâEU¦ Two hundred and fiftyâEU¦ The hissing stopped.
âEUoeOnto the next stepâEU announced Wing-nut.
âEUoeRight!âEU I retorted. My suit was equipped with a plastic hose that was fixed with a spring-loaded nipple that plugged into itâEUTMs respective manifold on the inside of the trunk. It would be this that allowed me to breathe while the chamber filled with water around us. My right hand firmly grasped a handle that jutted from the wall as my left hand fumbled blindly to find the manifold. After a couple of attempts it found its mark and I could then feel air rushing around me as my suit inflated. There were a couple of more strikes from the hammer and then the roar started up again. There was no going back now...
I could feel the frigid water lapping around my feet as it rose slowly higher. Along with the introduction of the water came the continued increase in pressure. The air became wickedly hot because of it. NoâEU¦ Hellishly hotâEU¦ The water was at my knees now. I could feel it slowly leeching away my body heat through my multiple layers of clothing as my lungs continued to be punished by the ever increasingly hot air. The water was now at my chest. The fact that my suit was being constantly inflated made my body positively buoyant. Approximately 80 pounds of buoyancy to be more precise. My right arm began to struggle under the weight of my suit lifting upward. My left stayed firmly attached to the air line even amidst the increasing difficulty. I could hear the water lapping at my Buzz Lightyear like helmet of air. My right arm was beginning to severely hurt now and at times I almost felt as if I would accidentally let go. It was only by the grace of the adrenaline pumping through my veins that I didnâEUTMt. To do so at this stage in the process would have spelled almost certain death.
I was submerged. The sluggish nature of my movements and the muffled nature of the roar indicated as such. My body rocked back and forth under the strain of my suit desperately wanting to rise. ThenâEU¦ The roaring stopped. I heard a small rush of bubbles as the hatch above slowly opened. I felt Wing-nut take off like a bat out of hell behind me. Now it was my turn. I forcefully kicked away from the wall and felt myself shoot upwards as if being pulled by an alien force. A very important part of my training came back to me mere seconds into my launch.
âEUoeDonâEUTMt hold your breathâEU they had said. To ensure that I didnâEUTMt I began to yell at a constant pitch as my body made a mad dash for the surface. If I had been so stupid as to hold my breath then my lungs would literally have exploded from the force of the rapidly expanding air.
My ears began to yet again feel as if needles were being plunged into them. I tried hard to equalize them but it was no use. I felt the membranes tear sharply and was immediately greeted by a terrible ringing. Before I even had time to address this issue I found myself skyrocketing out of the water and into the outside air.
I was free...
Total Number of Words 3,668

BBS Signature

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-02 03:09:11

Twist of Sensation 2633 words

Cool sheets of silk pressed gently to my back as I lay upon them, gazing serenely into the personal void that surrounded me. With long strokes I smoothed a crease that had formed, much to my annoyance, on the tight surface of the fitted sheet. Even after the irritating wrinkle had disappeared, I found myself still massaging that one spot lovingly. It was something that could not be helped. The silk felt like water sliding against my warm palm, leaving behind tiny fracture like crinkles instead of moist droplets.

From deep inside my darkness I heard the loud banging of cabinet doors, or at least it sounded loud to me. Instinctively, I raised my head slightly to hear better and indeed I did. I heard the soft and quiet rhythm of bare feet treading lightly across hardwood flooring. Then there was a high pitch clink as glasses were being lifted and shifted.

As I was listening to the stirring of the vivacious vixen that shared my company and my utter darkness, I began to notice a number of scents and odors that had somehow found their way to clinging to my body. The first and most pronounce was, of course, that of my favorite cologne which I had lightly rubbed onto my neck hours before.

There were very few fragrances I could stand to have on me, and of course, the one I enjoyed the most would be a gift from my Ember. It was our first Christmas together when she gave it to me. With most of the cologne I have tried on before, either the power of their musk was too strong or there would be an overpowering flowery scent that would leave my eyes watering. But this, it was the perfect mixture of masculinity and subtleness. And out of preservation for such a precious thing, I wear it only on the finest of occasions.

The second belonged to her. It was rather faint, but it still seemed to touch my senses strongly. The scent was sweet strawberries, and my, how it made my mouth salivate. More than likely the perfume found its way onto me as we hugged tightly together in the back of the taxicab that brought us home. Speaking of the taxi, that is where the third odor came from.

Hidden lightly underneath the other two seductive aromas was the repulsive smell of cigar smoke. Even though Ember said he did not actually light one up, the whole vehicle reeked with that god-awful stench. Once the car came to a stop at our destination and the doors opened, fresh air poured in and washed over my senses like a fresh shower of rain. It was cleansing and pure, or least as pure as city air could be.

My head slowly rested back down on a feathery pillow, and my thoughts drifted farther and farther away until I was surely on the brink of sleep. As I teetered on that brink, I was suddenly pulled as those footsteps changed directions and came nearer until they were surely at the foot of the bed. A few more steps and the balance of the bed shifted as she sat carefully at my side, the backside of her dress touching my hand lightly. With the sound of bedsprings groaning in protest, I heard her sit something on the night table which sounded just like a couple of glasses.

The texture of the dress was soft and smooth, almost like the bed sheets. But I think was something close to cotton. Suddenly her gently grasp took hold of my wrist and raised it until I felt her hand slid into mine, each finger interlocking like a thread of lace.

âEUoeHave you already winked off, my dear?âEU

I smiled, and for a moment, I thought I could feel her smile back to me. Long ago, there was a sorrow that would plague my heart whenever I thought about never being able to look upon the smiling face of my beloved. Such a sadness sank into my heart like black tar that corrosively ate me. But it was moments like these when I could feel her love and happiness, not through words or sensations, but a silent bond that bound us together in our journey through life.

âEUoeNot at all, I was simply deep in thought.âEU

I felt her fingers squeeze lightly against mine until I could feel the steady pulse that lay hidden under her pleasant flesh. I am not the only one with keen senses. She knows when something is bothering me. It is amazing how only after three years she knows my mind almost better than I do.

âEUoeSomething is troubling you.âEU

âEUoeNo,âEU I tried to sound as reassuring as I possible could. âEUoeI honestly was just thinking.âEU She remained silent for moment or so, as if contemplating my response. I felt her skepticism as the gears of her mind turned, but she asked nothing more of it.

âEUoeThe glasses?âEU I asked. Her fingers curled slightly in my hand and began to tickle my palm.

âEUoeI thought a nightcap would be a nice way to end the day. Hard to believe it was only three years ago when we first had lunch in the park, do you remember.âEU

âEUoeYes, we had finished semester finals early that day and the park was full of the buzzing voices of an obnoxious family reunion.âEU

âEUoeIs that all you remember?âEU

âEUoeNo, I remember that it was your tender voice and intellectual words that kept me sane. It was a tonic for pained ears. I remember that was the day that I knew I could not go a single day without hearing at least three words from you.âEU

She was silent again. It weighed my heart down dearly that I could not see what expression was upon her face. Her hand slowly slipped from mine, leaving it hanging frozen in air, and I heard a very light scrape of glass on wood as the glasses were lifted. I placed my hands on either side of my waist to push myself upward. Now sitting, I knew I was eyelevel with Ember because I could feel her warm breath light blowing against me.

My hand lifted up again and it was a cold glass cup that my fingers wrapped around. I could tell that from the strong aroma that it was rum, which she knew had been my alcohol of choice ever since I stole a sip from the bottle my father kept hidden so many years ago. And from the glass she held, I smelt strawberry wine. My Ember had a curious love for strawberries that I found rather delicious.

I held my glass high and she met me halfway in the toast. The ring that permeated from our glasses as they collided hung in the air for almost thirty seconds. It was not till the ringing had died that I raised the rim of the glass to my lips. The strong alcohol was already running down my throat before I could even taste it. A small blaze started mid esophagus and continued down till my entire core was heated with warm intoxicated pleasure.

As Ember slowly sighed, the scent of strawberries told me she had finished her glass too. She took my glass from me and I heard her set both on the night stand once more. I would have done it myself, but I knew I sat out of reach.

We sat motionless and as quiet death itself, but I knew that the cold space between us was begging to be filled with the coming together of two young bodies. I raised a longing hand, hoping to find something of her to feel. But it was her who found me. Her hand, cupping the outside of mine, guided my hand through the darkness till finally it found her warm and tender cheeks. Now knowing, my other hand was capable followed suit without any assistance.

The longer we sat together, the more my hands felt and studied the delicate features of her face. It was something I have done many times but never tire off. My palms pressed against the corners of her lips while careful fingers touched the edges of her eyes.

As details flowed through my hands like Braille on a piece of paper, there was something else I noticed. Makeup smeared and rubbed off onto the skin of my palms. I guess I never could sense it over her perfume and other invading odors.

âEUoeYou went through all the trouble putting makeup on,âEU I started. âEUoeJust for tonight? Just for me?âEU

She did not answer, but her silence said everything. Suddenly my palms were moist and the blush she had on was smearing horrible as my palms moved back and forth. It was tears.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-02 03:19:37

My hands quickly released her so that my arms could wrap around her and bring her closer to me. As her body pressed to mine, she returned my embrace with arms like steel traps. Her hair tickled the flesh revealed from an undone button of my shirt as she buried her face into an open shoulder of mine.

She wept lightly as fresh tears soaked through the thin material of my shirt. Each time a sob shook her body, I found myself holding her that much tighter. What else could I do? I knew of nothing comforting that I could say.

After a minute or so, I felt her head rise slowly.

``You do not think my selfish for shedding these tears, do you?`` She asked in a low and hoarse voice.

``Or course not`` I answered almost immediately. She laughed, almost forcedly, and tightened her embrace around me. How could she think I would hold such a thing against her?

``Just know,`` She said laying her head back down against me. ``I have felt nothing but pride and delight when I stand beside you. Because I know that not only do we have each other, but we have love. And we do not need vision for the sort of love we make together.`` The last of her words echoed in the recesses of my mind as I felt the darkness around me grow warm and damp. As I was laid back down, my clothes seemed to liquefy and dissolve into beads of sweat that I felt rolling across my bare skin.

Then as precise fingernails traced circles around the middle of my chest, my fists clenched as I felt goose bumps prickle along the hair of my forearms. After the third cycle, her hand paused for a moment before slowly making its way up to the base of my neck. As the hand of Ember reached the soft flesh of my throat, her hand began to caress and lightly massage that side of my neck.

The gravity of the bed shifted as one leg slid across my waist and the rest of her body followed as she straddled my centerline. I felt her posture shift forward right before her soft lips pressed to mine and her vicious tongue danced vicariously between my teeth. The flavor of strawberries and wine spread across my palate as her intoxicating and heated breath permeated down my airway.

The longer we laid like this, the more the fabric of our beings intertwined as we tossed and turned together in my perfect darkness. The only sensations I felt was that of every inch of her body that was wrapped and contorted around mine. With ecstasy writhing in our veins and spasms of relief shuddering through our muscles, sighs of pleasure became long and drawn out songs of agonizing passion.

As this spiraling ride of love reached the peak of its ascension, it paused only for moment. Then it fell into a thunderous descent of cries and whimpers of almost rapturous pleasure. I felt her nails digging into the nape my neck as we spun and twirled, each gasp of her breathe felt almost as hot as flames against my exposed flesh. We continued in this state, with bodies clenched close, for what felt like forever.

But once the high had passed, our muscles relaxed as our breathing became shallow and calm. It felt as if we were rag dolls, drained of energy and only able to lay tangle together. With her chin resting on my chest and the rest of her body limp upon mine, the rise and fall of her breasts against me became slow and steady. It seems that sleep has slipped upon her like a heavy veil.

I must confess that I was not far off myself from joining her in sweet slumber myself, but once I started to drift something wafted in front of my nose. It was a new smell that could finally be noticed by slowed and tired senses. It was the adrenaline induced stench of sweat and strong body odor. With our old scents long faded, these new ones ate at the very air I breathed and choked my lungs. I had to force back the realization and try to just ignore it. To just go to sleep so that this tender moment would remembered and cherished between us for years to come.

However, I could not just fall asleep. I had lain as long as I could, and finally found myself suffocating. Carefully and gently, I pried myself free from the unconscious grasp of my sweet Ember. Whether or not it had awoken her, I had yet to find out. I sat on the corner of the bed and reached out to find my trusted cane, but stopped as soon as my index finger had touched the cold polished wood. Only six steps straight ahead of me, I can handle that just fine without my old friend.

Handling the doorknob as if it was fine china and entering as silent as the Red Death, I took three more steps and found the sink. A shaking hound turned the knob and twisted slightly. The pipes released the stream and the sound of a crashing waterfall rang in my ears. Damn, I had opened it too far. The noise lessened as the knob turned back in the opposite direction. It seems that the damage was done, however. I had heard a stirring from behind as a sleep stricken Ember spoke in a slurred voice, which at any other time I would have found adorable.

``Jake?`` She called out. ``You alright?``

Shame and guilt tugged and pulled at the strings of my heart, for I could not bare to face her now. This is part of the curse that has plagued my senses and twisted my life into an almost humiliating process of learning and training; not much unlike a very young child being taught how to walk and speak. And what is the cause, you ask? A simple drop of poison to the family gene pool is all. It may be my pride and youth speaking, but I learned early that life can truly be cruel and heartless.

But then again, can I really think such a cold thing about life and not count the blessings it has bestowed upon me? I have a blessing in honest friends that treat me no different because of my condition, I have a blessing in a job that I have been more than prosperous in, and I have a blessing in the form of a loving guardian angel that is slowly rising from bed to see if something is wrong with me.

I guess life is too short to remain angry at every unfairness. So all in all, I have come to the realization that it is best to enjoy what we have while we have it.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-02 08:50:29

Blind Date - 865 words

I walked into the room and was immediately greeted by the smell of delicious cooking. Perhaps a hint of lavender air freshener was lingering around... It didnâEUTMt matter; meat was roasting, warm jazz lounge music was playing in the background, and the room was warm.
âEUoeHello!âEU, a woman said in a sing-song voice. âEUoeCome in! IâEUTMve got plenty of yummy food for both of us!âEU
âEUoeWow, Thanks!âEU I said back, failing to reciprocate the enthusiasm received. âEUoeYou have a very nice place here. You live here alone?âEU
âEUoeYeah. ItâEUTMs just me here.âEU
It was strange that a seemingly friendly woman was living alone and had even requested a date with me; a blind guy. âEUoeSo why me?âEU I asked awkwardly.
âEUoeWell, thatâEUTMs easy: YouâEUTMre hot, funny, and nice, if all the stuff on your profile page is true.âEU
Ok. That was a bad attempt at dodging the question. I wondered I should pester her for it, or delay it until a more appropriate time.
âEUoeWhy wouldnâEUTMt you like me if I had eyes?âEU As expected, there was a long awkward pause, but I knew she had prepared for this.
Letting a sigh escape, she replied, âEUoeWell, ummm. As a matter of fact... To be honest, IâEUTMm not too appealing to the eye.âEU
Yep, she said exactly what I thought sheâEUTMd say.
âEUoeThatâEUTMs all right. ItâEUTMs hard to find guys when youâEUTMre ugly, the same itâEUTMs hard to find girls when youâEUTMre blind.âEU
Awesome... That was really swift... I paused for a couple of seconds, letting my words sink in, and then began again.
âEUoeItâEUTMs really hard to find girls like this. TheyâEUTMre all so busy with trying look as fuckworthy as possible. None of them like me because I canâEUTMt admire their so-called sexiness.âEU I said, throwing in a small grunt as if I was still pissed-off at my virginity.
There was an even longer pause, but I knew she was deeply affected.
âEUoeWow... It must be hard for you too...âEU
Well played. A few more snippets of conversation and I would be in total control of her.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-02 08:55:46

Sorry but the last post had the shittest formatting. Take 2:

Blind Date (865 words)

I walked into the room and was immediately greeted by the smell of delicious cooking. Perhaps a hint of lavender air freshener was lingering around... It didnâEUTMt matter; meat was roasting, warm jazz lounge music was playing in the background, and the room was warm.
'Hello!', a woman said in a sing-song voice. 'Come in! IâEUTMve got plenty of yummy food for both of us!'
'Wow, Thanks!' I said back, failing to reciprocate the enthusiasm received. 'You have a very nice place here. You live here alone?'
'Yeah. ItâEUTMs just me here.'
It was strange that a seemingly friendly woman was living alone and had even requested a date with me; a blind guy. 'So why me?' I asked awkwardly.
'Well, thatâEUTMs easy: YouâEUTMre hot, funny, and nice, if all the stuff on your profile page is true.'
Ok. That was a bad attempt at dodging the question. I wondered I should pester her for it, or delay it until a more appropriate time.
'Why wouldnâEUTMt you like me if I had eyes?' As expected, there was a long awkward pause, but I knew she had prepared for this.
Letting a sigh escape, she replied, 'Well, ummm. As a matter of fact... To be honest, IâEUTMm not too appealing to the eye.'
Yep, she said exactly what I thought sheâEUTMd say.
'ThatâEUTMs all right. ItâEUTMs hard to find guys when youâEUTMre ugly, the same itâEUTMs hard to find girls when youâEUTMre blind.'
Awesome... That was really swift... I paused for a couple of seconds, letting my words sink in, and then began again.
'ItâEUTMs really hard to find girls like this. TheyâEUTMre all so busy with trying look as fuckworthy as possible. None of them like me because I canâEUTMt admire their so-called sexiness.' I said, throwing in a small grunt as if I was still pissed-off at my virginity.
'Wow... It must be hard for you too...'
Well played. A few more snippets of conversation and I would be in total control of her.

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-02 08:59:31

OMFG!@#@#@# TAKE 3#

Blind Date (865 words)

I walked into the room and was immediately greeted by the smell of delicious cooking. Perhaps a hint of lavender air freshener was lingering around... It didn't matter; meat was roasting, warm jazz lounge music was playing in the background, and the room was warm.
'Hello!', a woman said in a sing-song voice. 'Come in! I've got plenty of yummy food for both of us!'
'Wow, Thanks!' I said back, failing to reciprocate the enthusiasm received. 'You have a very nice place here. You live here alone?'
'Yeah. It's just me here.'
It was strange that a seemingly friendly woman was living alone and had even requested a date with me; a blind guy. 'So why me?' I asked awkwardly.
'Well, that's easy: You're hot, funny, and nice, if all the stuff on your profile page is true.'
'Why wouldn't you like me if I had eyes?' As expected, there was a long awkward pause, but I knew she had prepared for this.
Letting a sigh escape, she replied, 'Well, ummm. As a matter of fact... To be honest, I'm not too appealing to the eye.'
Yep, she said exactly what I thought she'd say.
'That's all right. It's hard to find guys when you're ugly, the same it's hard to find girls when you're blind.'
'It's really hard to find girls like this. They're all so busy with trying look as fuckworthy as possible. None of them like me because I can't admire their so-called sexiness.' I said, throwing in a small grunt as if I was still pissed-off at my virginity.
'Wow... It must be hard for you too...'

Response to .:: Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind ::. 2013-07-02 09:01:03

Part 2:
'Yeah, it's pretty hard. And I'm getting old.'
I scooped up the last of the mash potato, and then got up - it was time.
A chair banged on the floor, where I thought she was sitting, probably from her standing up abruptly. I got up, walked a couple of steps forward, and searched for her hands. My fingers slipped across hers, and I then grabbed them, holding them tight. She gasped for air. Her hands were large and leathery, but I ignored it and kept going. I placed her fingers on my lips and then my hand on her hip. She made short stuttering nasal breaths as if she was on the verge of crying. I told myself to patiently keep going. I rubbed her waist gently and came in closer. She began whimpering. 'Slow and steady wins the race,' I repeated over and over in my head. But I couldn't go any slower - I was losing my breath which I began holding as soon as I approached her. I calmed myself and continued on, putting both hands on her. She sobbed and placed put her hands on my shoulders. 'Quickly... Quickly now,' my lungs were screaming for oxygen. It had end soon, but I couldn't make a mistake. She edged closer.
Then I burst out, inhaling deep through my nose, the worst mistake I've made since I was born by far. The putrid smell hit me head on, and I cringed and my eyes, although closed, flooded with water.
'You're looking me...' She whispered in my ear. 'Your eyes are open and you're looking at me straight into my eyes... And you're crying...'
'This is worst job. FML...' I thought to myself, still looking genuine. And then felt something scaly slide across my cheek, rubbing its wet tip in my ears. 'That's enough!' my brain screamed, and so I recoiled, grabbing the knife hidden in my trousers and slashed at where I thought her neck was. There was a satisfying squelch sound and she let go, falling to the ground with a loud âEU~thunk'.
There was hissing from her direction, and I could sense her squirming around, but stood back to get out the bad air inside me which was poisoning my vital organs. I breathed in deeply, relishing every single atom of beautiful oxygen, nitrogen and whatever the fuck the air is made of.
When there finally came silence. I took another deep breath and groped around for her head, carefully not to poison myself by touching the fangs of the snakes which were draped across her forehead. Although she was just plain disgusting, to be understatement, I sort of felt sorry for her. She had to live so long, all alone, because she was so fucking ugly that people turned to fucking stone when they saw her.

Oh well. The job was done. I picked up the body and zipped it up. Then I called the team in to fetch it. Anyway, that's enough for today. I think a nice hot spa with plenty of girls would be just right for me.