New Topic Respond to this Topic
AlbinALinder
AlbinALinder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:07 AM Reply

Im interested in learning toon boom and i was wondering if there was any good tutorials for it out there ?
I cant seem to find any..

CallMeZippy
CallMeZippy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:58 PM Reply

Have you looked at this site: http://toonbooming.com/tutorialsbytoonboom/

It depends what you want to do though, some of the things you do are the same in all programs - character design, backgrounds, working with frame by frame- you can watch the majority of tutorials and be able to transfer it over.

If it's basic getting to know the software there should be help guides, or reading the manual, there is a very nice one on the toonboom website PDF download :)

=/\= Star Trek Crew =/\=

luka1991
luka1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 19th, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB40D7C4B95A7146B

At 6/2/13 05:07 AM, AlbinALinder wrote: Im interested in learning toon boom and i was wondering if there was any good tutorials for it out there ?
I cant seem to find any..
YoyokillaNG
YoyokillaNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 20th, 2013 @ 12:36 PM Reply

Youtube and the site have good tuts lol. I've been wanting to try toon boom for a while. Its just so hard to get... a purchased copy of it.

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 20th, 2013 @ 03:06 PM Reply

I'm still coming to grips with it too be honest, Adam Phillips has done a few tutorials which I've skimmed over and I guess he's pretty credible as an authority on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41UKjqTIt8

BBS Signature
Joofville
Joofville
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 07:13 AM Reply

If you're looking for tutorials for ToonBoom Animate then do a YouTube search for Adam Philips as mentioned above. If you're looking for help with ToonBoom Studio (I think I've finally got to grips with it in terms of frame by frame animation) I can help if you're like.

Cheers

meridianisdead
meridianisdead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 30th, 2013 @ 01:11 AM Reply

Adam Phillips tuts are a good start, and there are some good tuts on the official Toonboom site. You can also find a ton of random tuts on Youtube.

TB is a great software but it has a lot of its own quirks and unique things you have to learn to deal with. But once you get a handle on TB its just awesome!

I've been working in TB for about a year now and I never wanna go back to Flash.

meridianisdead
meridianisdead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Good Toon Boom Tutorials? Jun. 30th, 2013 @ 01:15 AM Reply

OH and an important thing to remember if you are using the Personal Learning Edition: anything you create in PLE will not be compatible with the full version of Animate/Animate Pro. Whatever you make in PLE will be stuck there forever lol.
I think there is a workaround by exporting a SWF from PLE and then importing into flash and deleting the watermark (you'll have to go framebyframe) and then importing that file into TBA. But this of course is a huge hassle and creates all kinds of problems that aren't really worth it.