00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Eroge (visual novel) Club

23,301 Views | 138 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-05-31 11:35:55

To talk about favorite games of the genre, favorite routes, characters,criticize, recommend and whatnot.

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-05-31 12:33:23

Not all visual novels are eroges, man.

Bookmarked.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-05-31 15:48:20

At 5/31/13 12:33 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Not all visual novels are eroges, man.

Bookmarked.

maybe i should have put "and other" instead of the "()"

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-05-31 16:10:26

At 5/31/13 03:48 PM, kakalxlax wrote: maybe i should have put "and other" instead of the "()"

Just "Visual Novel Club" would've been optimal. Don't want to give the impression we fap to sprites or anything.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-01 00:00:02

At 5/31/13 04:18 PM, Entice wrote: There's already a weeaboo club

thats like saying than for example that everything made in america should go in "America Club"

On topic, if you havent played Majikoi (maji de watashi ni koi shinasai), i would recommend it, it has an anime based on it and 2 sequels (Majikoi S and Majikoi A), none of them are fully translated but most of the main routs are (i think the translator may have given up since he hasnt updated in more than 4 months), but still, a nice game to try out

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 08:52:46

At 6/2/13 01:13 AM, Entice wrote:
At 6/1/13 12:00 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
thats like saying than for example that everything made in america should go in "America Club"
Lol, crying racism on behalf of a race you're not even a part of?

Pathetic.

He never said anything about racism. VNs are a different form of media than anime.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 12:10:09

At 6/2/13 01:13 AM, Entice wrote:
At 6/1/13 12:00 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
Lol, crying racism on behalf of a race you're not even a part of?

Pathetic.

so many errors there: first, those are not races
second no one called discrimination here, just stated a right fact you obviously couldnt counter

try posting ontopic from now on

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 14:28:23

At 6/2/13 12:10 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

So how 'bout that Robotics;Notes...

BBS Signature

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 14:35:25

At 6/2/13 02:28 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:

havent played it yet, what are your thought about it?

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 14:54:12

At 6/2/13 02:35 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 6/2/13 02:28 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:

havent played it yet, what are your thought about it?

I haven't been able to find an English patch for it. Then again I have to clear some of the stuff I put to the side. I have to finish the Shizune route for Katawa Shoujo, finish Steins;Gate and atleast start Chaos;Head and Clannad

BBS Signature

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 16:38:28

At 6/2/13 02:58 PM, Entice wrote:
At 6/2/13 08:52 AM, Jackho wrote: He never said anything about racism. VNs are a different form of media than anime.
I'm sure no one in the animu club will mind if you post about manga there

Visual Novels are not manga

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 18:20:11

At 6/2/13 02:54 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:

I haven't been able to find an English patch for it. Then again I have to clear some of the stuff I put to the side. I have to finish the Shizune route for Katawa Shoujo, finish Steins;Gate and atleast start Chaos;Head and Clannad

hehe, i also left Shizune for last if KS.
i was also wanting to play Amagami, i think its only for ps2 so im not sure if there is any english version of it

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-02 21:48:08

At 6/2/13 02:54 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: I have to finish the Shizune route for Katawa Shoujo,

Even if it's the only route left, I wouldn't really bother.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-03 02:39:08

Can anyone suggest me a VN? Preferably non-H. And is not frightening as fuck. Or gory.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-03 11:49:05

At 6/3/13 02:39 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Can anyone suggest me a VN? Preferably non-H. And is not frightening as fuck. Or gory.

you could just skip the H-scene from any vn with one

besides that, you have the Ever 17 trilogy, which is non-h and highly rated

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-03 11:51:47

At 6/2/13 10:00 PM, Entice wrote:
At 6/2/13 04:38 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Visual Novels are not manga
OP specifically mentioned Japanese visual novels
How are Japanese comic books != manga???

ok, use google, no need to keep spamming here and risking yourself to a ban

At 6/2/13 09:48 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/2/13 02:54 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: I have to finish the Shizune route for Katawa Shoujo,

its one of the bests if not the best route

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-03 14:33:11

At 6/2/13 10:00 PM, Entice wrote: OP specifically mentioned Japanese visual novels
How are Japanese comic books != manga???

Visual novels are games. You may have heard of one kind of VNs before - dating sims.
Emphasis on ONE KIND.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-03 14:35:50

At 6/2/13 09:48 PM, Jackho wrote: At 6/2/13 02:54 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: I have to finish the Shizune route for Katawa Shoujo,

Rin route is best route

BBS Signature

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-03 15:39:39

At 6/3/13 02:35 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 6/2/13 09:48 PM, Jackho wrote: At 6/2/13 02:54 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: I have to finish the Shizune route for Katawa Shoujo,
Rin route is best route

i think Rin is one of the best girl, but her route isnt.

--some minor spoilers ahead--
you have a choice which possible answers are basically "yes" and "yeah", and choosing one over the other can mean ending the route earlier or being able to finish it.
that hisao would just let her "self destruct" herself (aka smoking) with no choice to refuse or whatever
the "sidekick" made almost no apparition (aka Emi)
and a couple more things i dont remember

but her final piece of dialog during her route is the best dialog of the entire game (without counting kenji's humoristic ones)

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-03 19:55:27

Kawakaburi No Cherry is the perfect game for you...At 6/3/13 02:39 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:

Can anyone suggest me a VN? Preferably non-H. And is not frightening as fuck. Or gory.

BBS Signature

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-04 02:11:18

At 6/3/13 07:55 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Kawakaburi No Cherry is the perfect game for you...

fuck you

also kalakaxlax, i'll check out ever 17

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-04 10:06:28

At 6/4/13 02:11 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 6/3/13 07:55 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Kawakaburi No Cherry is the perfect game for you...
fuck you

in order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_7:_The_End_of_Infinity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ever_17:_The_Out_of_Infinity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_11:_The_Age_of_Infinit y

game in the same universe after the trilogy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12Riven_%E2%80%95the_%CE%A8clim inal_of_integral%E2%80%95

same thing but complete change of characters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_18

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-04 10:48:41

At 6/3/13 11:51 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 6/2/13 09:48 PM, Jackho wrote: Even if it's the only route left, I wouldn't really bother.

You can't be serious. Shizune and her relationship were by far the most shallow, even compared to Emi's forced angst. It's fine, but it doesn't come close the level of the Lilly, Hanako or Rin routes.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-04 11:14:41

At 6/4/13 10:48 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/3/13 11:51 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 6/2/13 09:48 PM, Jackho wrote: Even if it's the only route left, I wouldn't really bother.
You can't be serious. Shizune and her relationship were by far the most shallow, even compared to Emi's forced angst. It's fine, but it doesn't come close the level of the Lilly, Hanako or Rin routes.

shallow?, shizune cared for the rest of the people more than any of the other girls. and i really liked her attitude about making a game out of everything. if i had to put her in real life parameters, she would probably be the most interesting girl to spend time with (from KS).
although it was a bit weird how after accepting the confession and started being "a couple", they didnt dated nor did couple stuff until way after
Hanako's route was the single worst: short, disappointing, she had sex not out of love or lust, but to manipulate hisao. Hanako did a better paper as a"daughter" during lilly's route than anything during her's.

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-04 17:40:34

At 6/4/13 02:11 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
fuck you

Haha I'm sorry I just couldn't resist, but personally, most things made by Nitroplus (like Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, Robotics;Notes) are all top notch as far as I have tried and have heard

BBS Signature

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-04 21:00:34

At 6/4/13 11:14 AM, kakalxlax wrote: shallow?, shizune cared for the rest of the people more than any of the other girls.

Not at all, she was overly aggressive and confronting even towards hanako, apparently not seeing eye to eye with anyone other than misha and later hisao. You'd probably have to have some form of autism to be like that 100% of the time. I know she was portrayed as being socially odd but it's taken to an extreme.

and i really liked her attitude about making a game out of everything. if i had to put her in real life parameters, she would probably be the most interesting girl to spend time with (from KS).

Yeah, but why is she like that? I expected some inferiority complex or something, but she's like that just because. It seemed as if the writer didn't know what he was trying to do there. She's a shallow character and is never really fleshed out.

although it was a bit weird how after accepting the confession and started being "a couple", they didnt dated nor did couple stuff until way after

Because they're literally just fuck buddies. There is no relationship, they're not even that close as friends. It's boring really, because shizune's route is pretty much the same as her appearances in other routes, just stretched out and with some meaningless surprise sex thrown in there. It doesn't compare to anything from Lilly or Rin, Shizune has the worst route for sure.

Hanako's route was the single worst: short, disappointing, she had sex not out of love or lust, but to manipulate hisao.

Don't you talk shit about my waifu. The only problem with hanako's route was where it ended.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-05 14:09:55

At 6/4/13 09:00 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/4/13 11:14 AM, kakalxlax wrote: shallow?, shizune cared for the rest of the people more than any of the other girls.
Not at all, she was overly aggressive and confronting even towards hanako, apparently not seeing eye to eye with anyone other than misha and later hisao. You'd probably have to have some form of autism to be like that 100% of the time. I know she was portrayed as being socially odd but it's taken to an extreme.

being confronting was her way to relate, as said in the game, thats the way she shows care for the rest. (also, she wants to be a philanthropist).
and hanako obviously needed someone who confronted her. treating her as a porcelain doll was never going to work.

and i really liked her attitude about making a game out of everything. if i had to put her in real life parameters, she would probably be the most interesting girl to spend time with (from KS).
Yeah, but why is she like that? I expected some inferiority complex or something, but she's like that just because. It seemed as if the writer didn't know what he was trying to do there. She's a shallow character and is never really fleshed out.

being playful-competitive seems like a natural way to cope living with her asshole dad. (as her brother is kinda like her in that aspect), i think that part was pretty clear

Because they're literally just fuck buddies. There is no relationship,

i would be more inclined to say that about Emi's route

they're not even that close as friends. It's boring really, because shizune's route is pretty much the same as her appearances in other routes, just stretched out and with some meaningless surprise sex thrown in there.

like every character in their route (i kinda suspected Emi was going to be an asshole because i knew a girl like her), in fact the most surprising thing of the game happened on Shizune's route (spoiler ahead)---> misha's lesbianism

It doesn't compare to anything from Lilly or Rin, Shizune has the worst route for sure.
Hanako's route was the single worst: short, disappointing, she had sex not out of love or lust, but to manipulate hisao.
Don't you talk shit about my waifu. The only problem with hanako's route was where it ended.

at least stuff happened during Shizune's route, Hanako's was just too short, and ended without nothing really happening, except Hanako using sex to manipulate hisao. plus, imagine a burn victim like her in real life, i doubt you could be in the same room without feeling the urge to leave.
hanako was just a bland character that did nothing, at most she was Lilly's burned ornament

about Lilly's route, im still not sure of why hisao had a heart attack every 2 words during it.

At 6/4/13 05:40 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
Haha I'm sorry I just couldn't resist, but personally, most things made by Nitroplus (like Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, Robotics;Notes) are all top notch as far as I have tried and have heard

i thought Steins;Gate had h-content as well, i guess ill be scratching it out of my to-do list then

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-05 16:12:12

At 6/5/13 02:09 PM, kakalxlax wrote: being confronting was her way to relate, as said in the game, thats the way she shows care for the rest. (also, she wants to be a philanthropist).
and hanako obviously needed someone who confronted her. treating her as a porcelain doll was never going to work.

Her philanthropy thing came out of nowhere as an arbitrary excuse, to me anyway. And that's not what hanako wanted.

Emi's route has picnics and stuff though, like cute couple stuff, and they sleep in the same bed. Shizune and hisao never develop much of a relationship, they're just friends with random sex.

You can imagine hisao still dating any of the other girls for years after their route ends, but with shizune I can't see them staying together (or at least not for long) after graduation.

like every character in their route

That's not true though, you get so see a different side of each girl. Shizune is just more council shit with sex.

plus, imagine a burn victim like her in real life, i doubt you could be in the same room without feeling the urge to leave.

How is that relevant. All of the characters are sexualized, it would be literally impossible for any real girl to be as physically attractive as lilly is, let alone a blind girl. Dat hair.

Good job on getting to the second page guys.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-05 16:44:31

At 6/5/13 04:12 PM, Jackho wrote:
Her philanthropy thing came out of nowhere as an arbitrary excuse, to me anyway. And that's not what hanako wanted.

there are indications and justifications for that

Emi's route has picnics and stuff though, like cute couple stuff, and they sleep in the same bed. Shizune and hisao never develop much of a relationship, they're just friends with random sex.

i'll agree that Shizune's route lacks the "couple feeling", although even if they do more stuff with Emi, she is less connected to hisao emotionally, she isnt closer to hisao than she is with any other of her friends (she was my first (dreamy eyes) i got the best ending where she spills the beans and take you to "see" her father, but thats just after you make all the right decisions and "crack her")

You can imagine hisao still dating any of the other girls for years after their route ends, but with shizune I can't see them staying together (or at least not for long) after graduation.

with Emi, there is the constant quote "we might not be together forever but..."
with Hanako, that route was too short to tell, but after using sex is that way i'll be inclined to say she has no romantic interest towards hisao, and probably not even the capacity for it
Lilly, its the most likely to end up with him for the rest of his short and full of heart attacks life (seriously, why so many heart attacks). though Lilly would end up more like a nurse to him than as a lover, she has a thing for people who need to be taken care of.
Rin, could go either way, though they are likely to end up fighting for something neither of them will understand

like every character in their route
That's not true though, you get so see a different side of each girl. Shizune is just more council shit with sex.

i actually saw more new sides of Shizune more than of any other of the girls, who are exactly what they appear to be (except for Emi)

plus, imagine a burn victim like her in real life, i doubt you could be in the same room without feeling the urge to leave.
How is that relevant. All of the characters are sexualized, it would be literally impossible for any real girl to be as physically attractive as lilly is, let alone a blind girl. Dat hair.

its a thing i started doing, as every anime character looks attractive, i started wondering why a guy (supposedly not gay) in the anime world would reject a girl like that (assuming nice personality), my conclusion being that someone in that world would notice the difference between attractive and non-attractive we cant from this side. so i begun to start thinking every character i see as how they would be if they were "3d"

no "impossible" but really hard, also, depends on "which" Lilly, if the normal one, of the more artistically drawn one, because they look like different girls

Good job on getting to the second page guys.

thanks

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-05 17:36:47

At 6/5/13 04:44 PM, kakalxlax wrote: although even if they do more stuff with Emi, she is less connected to hisao emotionally

That's kind of the point though, she doesn't have many friends because she keeps everyone at a distance (except Rin who she knows may not even notice her father problems, and would never comment on it). It ends when she realizes how much of an annoying twat she'd been, and she and hisao can get on with it and have a real relationship. She never says she loves him until the very end, after the graveyard, because until then she didn't want to love him.

its a thing i started doing, as every anime character looks attractive, i started wondering why a guy (supposedly not gay) in the anime world would reject a girl like that (assuming nice personality), my conclusion being that someone in that world would notice the difference between attractive and non-attractive we cant from this side. so i begun to start thinking every character i see as how they would be if they were "3d"

no "impossible" but really hard, also, depends on "which" Lilly, if the normal one, of the more artistically drawn one, because they look like different girls

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here. Moe doesn't translate into 3D, of course hanako and probably rin would be unattractive in real life. It would be impossible for lilly to keep her appearance so well maintained when she's living on her own without sight too, plus her eyes would most likely be all weird and unnatural looking and not these perfect blues we see in the game. Emi would have a banging body though, provided she didn't still look like an 8 year old.