New Topic Respond to this Topic
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 03:32:19 Reply

Once upon a time, 1 or 2 weeks ago, I was looking for a way to download albums of my favorite artists because I had to delete my previous library of music. I was thinking "maybe I can get a program to download songs from Grooveshark."
BAD MISTAKE
I downloaded Scilor's Grooveshark downloader, in the installation process it asked me if I wanted to apply that sweetpacks search engine yadda yadda. I declined, I didn't know what that was, but it still HIJACKED my browser like my stubborn cousin comes over uninvited.
I searched the web for solution but couldn't find one, but I learned that Start.sweetpacks or whatever it's called is a browser hijacker created for advertisement, yea at first you might think it's simple adware, but it also says that the effects grow, that it corrupts the files overtime and it can even end up crashing my computer! Bad things have already happened, my laptop's touchpad driver has been corrupted, I removed it, and installed a new one. At first I installed one from synaptics website, and it worked, I was happy, next morning I turn my computer back on after an update was done the previous night, the cursed touchpad couldn't move the pointing cursor!. Now 1 day later it corrupted my keyboard, I restored the system to a date before the G.Shark downloader happened, my keyboard was fixed, but my touchpad was still corrupted, and the dang sweetpacks was still there. I tried removing it from programs, it doesn't show up anymore in the list of programs, but the start up engine is still there and i'm afraid more files might be hidden inside! Please help! Also a side note, my touchpad driver is in hidden files on device manager it says.
"This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)"

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 03:35:22 Reply

DID YOU TRY DOING THIS?

==I LOVE YOU. EBOLA-CHAN! GOOD LUCK, EBOLA-CHAN! WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU, EBOLA-CHAN!==

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 11:57:24 Reply

At 5/30/13 03:35 AM, Sevkat wrote: DID YOU TRY DOING THIS?

He did, but OP lives in an alternate dimension where all google searches return Bing results, because his damn Sweetpacks has corrupted his existence as well.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp "Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 12:00:02 Reply

At 5/30/13 11:57 AM, Gimmick wrote:
He did, but OP lives in an alternate dimension where all google searches return Bing results, because his damn Sweetpacks has corrupted his existence as well.

You misunderstand, sweetpacks hijacks him to directions on how to add more sweetpacks.

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 12:01:34 Reply

At 5/30/13 12:00 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 5/30/13 11:57 AM, Gimmick wrote:
You misunderstand, sweetpacks hijacks him to directions on how to add more sweetpacks.

His sweetpacks is so lonely that it downloads more sweetpacks for him?

He's doomed. RIP GoodFang's computer.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp "Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 12:18:04 Reply

I did.
Many of those solutions include a removal tool, and in one youtube video, this was linked to a removal tool that causes even more BS, I don't want to download something I haven't heard of. Also the manual way to remove it, someone said that you shouldn't try if you're not a computer whiz or above average knowledge of computers. I am also asking this to see if anyone here has had the same problem, and fixed it, because I heard Sweetpacks is very common.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 12:36:55 Reply

At 5/30/13 12:18 PM, GoodFang wrote: I did.
Many of those solutions include a removal tool, and in one youtube video, this was linked to a removal tool that causes even more BS, I don't want to download something I haven't heard of. Also the manual way to remove it, someone said that you shouldn't try if you're not a computer whiz or above average knowledge of computers. I am also asking this to see if anyone here has had the same problem, and fixed it, because I heard Sweetpacks is very common.

Yeah, why even bother? If you don't have experience how would one ever even get it?
Most of the time you just need to find where the file is and remove it.

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 12:43:34 Reply

I'm not searching with sweetpacks. When the browser starts, I just go to google.
Anyways, I just saw something in the internet to go to safe mode, and use regedit or something like that. I don't know what the hell that is.

BBS Signature
Scintillating
Scintillating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 13:28:54 Reply

You said a system restore didn't work? Try restoring it to an even earlier date. If you can't find a tool to remove it then use your system repair/ backup disks. Hope you have them, lel.

kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 13:57:58 Reply

just take the wrapper off by tearing from the side, not that hard

comment pls - plug.dj sevkitty.com forum - last.fm D - ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 16:29:31 Reply

So I think I just removed Sweetpacks.
It doesn't show in the "uninstall/remove programs" in control panel
I took off the starting page, and extensions from google chrome settings.

The thing is, my touchpad still doesn't work.
After I "removed" streetpacks I tried re-downloading synaptics touchpad driver again, and it didn't work.
It worked once, it should have right now...
In device manager it says :
This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)
It was in hidden files, in the mice cagetory.

I'm using an HP Notebook, with Windows 7 by the way.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 16:32:02 Reply

lolreformat

==I LOVE YOU. EBOLA-CHAN! GOOD LUCK, EBOLA-CHAN! WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU, EBOLA-CHAN!==

BBS Signature
poinl
poinl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Melancholy
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 16:38:44 Reply

I had a problem like that once.
It got so bad i had to start the computer in safe mode.
I ended up searching the entire computer with the computer search bar with the name of the virus "insert virus name here"
(sweetpacks in your case) deleted every file that came up, and when i restarted my computer and ran it normally, all was good.
If you do this, it MUST! be in safe mode. I tried it when it wasn't, and the computer freaked out with the virus popping up everywhere.
Even though its not the same virus, i was also dealing with the adware type. This happened twice actually, the second time i was able to remove it like this, but the first time i got blue screen of death after letting it develop. DO NOT LET IT SAY ON YOUR COMPUTER!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi look at me music just click here

BBS Signature
Flerovium
Flerovium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Reader
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-05-30 16:55:45 Reply

Well uh, if you ever do work that out, use groovedown to download stuff from grooveshark.

I eated a butter

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 01:38:21 Reply

Now my keyboard is corrupted, it says code 19 like it did when it wasn't functioning days ago.

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" keyboard

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 01:44:52 Reply

Buy a new computer; an Apple computer this time. People like you deserve to overpay.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 01:45:58 Reply

I'm so sorry for your computer :(

I had a similar thing where no matter what I clicked on my browser, I'd get redirected to advertisements in a new tab. I had to manually stop the page from loading further or else it would redirect. For weeks. It was beyond frustrating. Nothing seemed to remove it (zonealarm was shit about it, and spybot recognized something wrong, but couldn't do anything about it) until I found this thing called tdsskiller from Kaspersky and it finally got rid of it.
So I don't know if that might help. I never had any driver problems, though..

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 02:47:28 Reply

At 6/1/13 01:44 AM, Tremulos wrote: Buy a new computer; an Apple computer this time. People like you deserve to overpay.

Apple computers are shit. The virus is gone I looked through all files in safe mode and scanned with MWarebytes AntiMware
I want my computer to actually run and be able to multitask
If you think macs don't get viruses boy are you wrong
I don't have money at the moment to WASTE money on shitty apple products that are worth much less than what they're prized

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 02:53:47 Reply

At 6/1/13 02:47 AM, GoodFang wrote:
At 6/1/13 01:44 AM, Tremulos wrote: Buy a new computer; an Apple computer this time. People like you deserve to overpay.
Apple computers are shit. The virus is gone I looked through all files in safe mode and scanned with MWarebytes AntiMware
I want my computer to actually run and be able to multitask
If you think macs don't get viruses boy are you wrong
I don't have money at the moment to WASTE money on shitty apple products that are worth much less than what they're prized

holy shit

you make a thread on NG asking how to get rid of babby's first virus and then you try to tell me what you think i don't know about Macs? the fuck do you know about computers, boy. what kind of fucking idiot tries to download music off of fucking grooveshark? ever heard of torrenting? filestube? but oh wait, you'd probably end up downloading the first search result and end up with justin_bieber_discog.exe, huh wonder what that will do, probably download jb's discography nice and easy for you so that you don't have to do it yourself. what could go wrong?

i take it back, you're not even good enough to use an apple computer. here's a boot you can use instead (don't worry, it works for Facebook&Twitter)

How do you remove Sweetpacks?

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 03:02:33 Reply

dude you gotta use some decent antivirus software- go pay for malwarebytes

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 03:34:07 Reply

I Have gotten rid of 10x worse viruses.
Sweetpacks is unable to be detected by most anti virus softwares
I tried the Gshark downloader because I wanted to download albums FAST because I had to start a new library.
Which I did, DL'd 54 albums in less than an hour
I wasn't familiar with adware like Sweetpacks.
Never claimed to be a whiz, but I know better.
If you would just shut up, if you're not gonna contribute, or at least be funny/positive like the others.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 03:52:11 Reply

At 6/1/13 03:34 AM, GoodFang wrote: Never claimed to be a whiz, but I know better.
If you would just shut up, if you're not gonna contribute, or at least be funny/positive like the others.

> never claims to be a whiz, but says he knows better
>> doesn't know what regedit is

How do you remove Sweetpacks?

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-01 05:16:02 Reply

At 6/1/13 03:52 AM, Gimmick wrote:
At 6/1/13 03:34 AM, GoodFang wrote: Never claimed to be a whiz, but I know better.
> never claims to be a whiz, but says he knows better
>> doesn't know what regedit is

I read the description again, and I just went to the Registry Edit (I have always known that as Registry Edit, so I was confused) but then I saw your post, and remembered it is regedit. Thanks for lighting my lightbulb
Anyways, keyboard works, I deleted the upperlifters in a file under class.
Still trying to fix touchpad.

BBS Signature
Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How do you remove Sweetpacks? 2013-06-02 19:21:45 Reply

At 6/1/13 05:16 AM, GoodFang wrote:
I read the description again, and I just went to the Registry Edit (I have always known that as Registry Edit, so I was confused) but then I saw your post, and remembered it is regedit. Thanks for lighting my lightbulb
Anyways, keyboard works, I deleted the upperlifters in a file under class.
Still trying to fix touchpad.

To fix touchpad:
-Temporarily use a usb mouse
-Delete the Touchpad's software
-Go to your laptop's manufacturer website, and search for the touchpad's drivers and redownload and reinstall them.

Should fix the problem.

Also, I would uninstall the infected browser and re-install to be on the safe side.

Lastly, if you don't do gaming or use Windows dedicated software (such as Rosetta Stone), I'd recommend you check out using the Ubuntu Operating system, you can try it out online and it is free, and won't be affect by viruses (or pretty much any malware). If you prefer the look and feel of Windows, you can also check out Zorin to see if it is to your liking.

BBS Signature