Respond to this Topic
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 25th, 2013 @ 08:04 AM Reply

Come on. Not every user that reads the newspost will also follow the suggested people. And many already followed Evil-Dog before.

I'd also be curious about the "unvisible" clean up that happened.

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 25th, 2013 @ 08:52 AM Reply

And you should all follow CrazyRock.

Right, Tom? <3

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
Stix
Stix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 25th, 2013 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 5/24/13 06:48 PM, Sunraw wrote: This would never happen with the old layout. Seriously fellow artists/producers and I used to get consistent weeklies/frontpages because of how accessible and user-friendly the old layout was.
The new one is absolutely terrible. It has KILLED exposure.

I lol'd. especially after looking at your content.

BBS Signature
CrackerJack30
CrackerJack30
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 25th, 2013 @ 09:23 AM Reply

At 5/24/13 03:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: Check out the results for the April Writing Contest!

Thank you 4urentertainment for organizing this contest. Did you ever play Concerned Joe?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/582116
It was programmed by 4urentertainment and he is working on a BIG VERSION and it is getting some hype!

So also FOLLOW 4URENTERTAINMENT, he only has 105 fans on NG despite all his great contest organizing and game making.

Caught me off guard there, of course I will folllw him, why haven't I considered that myself yet ?!
D'oh !

Stuff about Important People

BBS Signature
BenjaminTibbetts
BenjaminTibbetts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 26th, 2013 @ 02:11 AM Reply

At 5/24/13 06:28 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/24/13 06:25 PM, TheAdventMaster wrote: WOW! Evil-dog now has 8007 fans!

NG News posts are obviously read by a TON of people who pay a LOT of attention to what's written in them!!!
I'll just let my emoticon do the talking.

Don't get down, Tom; obviously evil-dog is already so famous that 1) only seven people hadn't heard of him and 2) everyone else has bad taste.

BBS Signature
ExtraLife
ExtraLife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Audiophile
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 26th, 2013 @ 03:07 AM Reply

thread title just vague enough for me to click

BoobMarley
BoobMarley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Reader
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 26th, 2013 @ 05:18 AM Reply

I didn't know this thread was about me until DeftAndEvil sent me the link.
Thanks, wieners.

lmbo@Tom, oh you scamp...

ProtectTeem
ProtectTeem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 26th, 2013 @ 02:36 PM Reply

This is totally Tom's presentation emote.

TheAdventMaster
TheAdventMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 26th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 5/26/13 02:11 AM, BenjaminTibbetts wrote:
At 5/24/13 06:28 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I'll just let my emoticon do the talking.
Don't get down, Tom; obviously evil-dog is already so famous that 1) only seven people hadn't heard of him and 2) everyone else has bad taste.

Yeah, ignore me. I was being a jerk.

Kaston
Kaston
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 26th, 2013 @ 05:27 PM Reply

YAY FOLLOW FRIDAY, FOLLOW4FOLLOW, SUB4SUB, FAV4FAV

Tanadrine-Studios
Tanadrine-Studios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Animator
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 26th, 2013 @ 11:12 PM Reply

I'll certainly check out the follow friday stuffs, but mainly I favorite those who consistently create content what resonates with that kind of stuff I like seeing... which may or may not be totally unpopular in the scheme of things. But hey, NG has it all regardless of popularity level and its certainly a whole lot easier to find good (or rather, your flavor of) animated content here than anywhere else.

fattony90
fattony90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 27th, 2013 @ 02:09 AM Reply

When did this site lose its way? I remember the good old days when the front page was reserved for animations that were worth watching, times when you could say the word shit without having the mod bot smear it's vaginal excretions all over your face. A time long ago, before Obama got with his chicken grease covered hands on freedom and buttfucked it into submission. I want to get back to that time, the time before every 12 yr old had their parents buy them flash or go animate with their hard earned money just so little timmy could make a couple of cheap fart jokes and get front page. Even though i give this post about 20 minutes before the mod bot takes it and slides it ever so gently into its urethra, I'd like to say this: Tom Fulp, FUCK YOU! I hope you get mouth aides, go to the free clinic and are denied treatment and are raped by gypsies wearing sand paper condoms in the alley behind Best buy.

BoobMarley
BoobMarley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Reader
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 27th, 2013 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 02:09 AM, fattony90 wrote: When did this site lose its way? I remember the good old days when the front page was reserved for animations that were worth watching, times when you could say the word shit without having the mod bot smear it's vaginal excretions all over your face. A time long ago, before Obama got with his chicken grease covered hands on freedom and buttfucked it into submission. I want to get back to that time, the time before every 12 yr old had their parents buy them flash or go animate with their hard earned money just so little timmy could make a couple of cheap fart jokes and get front page. Even though i give this post about 20 minutes before the mod bot takes it and slides it ever so gently into its urethra, I'd like to say this: Tom Fulp, FUCK YOU! I hope you get mouth aides, go to the free clinic and are denied treatment and are raped by gypsies wearing sand paper condoms in the alley behind Best buy.

I guess this site lost its way when your beloved generation of animators and contributors moved on to other things and instead of stepping up to fill the void and take your place in the portal, you did absolutely nothing.
24 movie reviews in 8 years, 1 forum post, and zero submissions of any kind... you stink, mister. Newgrounds owes you nothing. How dare you feel entitled to critique the site's content.

kkots
kkots
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 27th, 2013 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 12:44 PM, BoobMarley wrote: 24 movie reviews in 8 years, 1 forum post, and zero submissions of any kind...

Stat-whoring much?

BBS Signature
BoobMarley
BoobMarley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Reader
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 27th, 2013 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 01:01 PM, kkots wrote:
At 5/27/13 12:44 PM, BoobMarley wrote: 24 movie reviews in 8 years, 1 forum post, and zero submissions of any kind...
Stat-whoring much?

It is extremely relevant to the point I'm making. Extremely.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 28th, 2013 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 5/24/13 06:37 PM, MSGhero wrote: The number of favs should +1 right when I click the heart. It would make it much more satisfying.

Agreed, I would very much like to see that too. It's been hard to nag about bells and whistles nowadays when there is all this other shit being worked on but the bells and whistles are still really important.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 28th, 2013 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 11:12 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/24/13 06:37 PM, MSGhero wrote: The number of favs should +1 right when I click the heart. It would make it much more satisfying.
Agreed, I would very much like to see that too. It's been hard to nag about bells and whistles nowadays when there is all this other shit being worked on but the bells and whistles are still really important.

tom, you are such a perfectionist

will you ever be happy with newgrounds

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 28th, 2013 @ 01:29 PM Reply

Respect to Matzerath for sticking by Newgrounds all these years, also can't wait for Road of the Dead 2. I'm sure they worked hard on it and it'll be a blast to play.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 28th, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 01:13 PM, Sekhem wrote: will you ever be happy with newgrounds

Absolutely positively never. But I'm even less happy not trying to be happy with it.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 28th, 2013 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 02:22 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/28/13 01:13 PM, Sekhem wrote: will you ever be happy with newgrounds
Absolutely positively never. But I'm even less happy not trying to be happy with it.

You guys are fucking cool! I feel the love! Thanks! *goes back to work*

NewShape
NewShape
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Writer
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 29th, 2013 @ 01:16 PM Reply

I notice Tom is active in this thread so I'll leave this here.
I got into the video converting thing yesterday, now I also noticed that Salad fingers and most of the famous NG vids: Numa; Anusboy; ect, haven't been converted yet. Maybe there should be a team or something to make that a priority or is there already a mechanism in place to do that?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Stuff about Important People May. 29th, 2013 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 5/29/13 01:16 PM, NewShape wrote: I notice Tom is active in this thread so I'll leave this here.
I got into the video converting thing yesterday, now I also noticed that Salad fingers and most of the famous NG vids: Numa; Anusboy; ect, haven't been converted yet. Maybe there should be a team or something to make that a priority or is there already a mechanism in place to do that?

The plan has been to give mods the ability but right now they don't have access to upload the files, we need to work in some updates to the project system so that mods can do that. We also haven't rushed because storage will start to balloon when this happens - but we're upgrading our storage system this year so that will ease the limitations.