00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Photography Club

53,877 Views | 627 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-31 21:30:31

At 5/29/04 11:48 PM, Streakydesign wrote: You think that's cool? Check this out, the frame was open for 5 mins. and this is what i got.

I shot this one at my grandmother's house in Homer NY. Yes it was snowing....no the tree is not on fire! =^-^=

Great shot! I've always been a fan of night time photography. I took this one during Christmas too. The blue light being cast in the background is from street lights hundreds of feet away. It's neat to see what kind of stray light you can pick up from a long exposure.

Photography Club

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-31 23:36:53

75-300USM zooms are cheap cheap cheap on Ebay, hopefully I'll be narrowing down / bidding for one soon. B-day soon, good reason as any to get one.

Photography Club

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-31 23:42:11

I find you all very intimidating. You're photographs are amazing! I mostly do self portraits. But many of them are not to my satisfaction. Here's one of my outdoor pictures in my backyard. I'm pretty pleased with this picture. It was raining this day and I just thought the atmosphere had a really amazing vibe.

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 00:42:33

as much as i love landscape, i love long exposures too. damn i wish i had a scanner. i dont know all too much, i just know how to focus, click and print...nothing special, i never took a real photography class.

anywho, i got bored last summer on a nice day and took a picture of the buildings across the street from my house..its not great, digital camera = teh suck

but yeah..i think i also grabbed a bit of my attic pitch in there (should have gone on top of the roof for this one..do it all the summer anyways..(dont ya hate trees getting in the way? i sure do)

Photography Club

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 00:57:05

Now I'm not the best with composition by any means, but you may have gotten a more interesting picture (more pleasing to the eye) if you were more selective with what you put in the frame.
You can always crop after the picture is taken, but it's good practive to try and compose your pictures when you take them. These images will be blurry, but you could have taken the same scene and zoomed in on parts of it to come up with:

Photography Club

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 00:57:29

Of if you really want that building:

Photography Club

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 01:06:54

sometimes its the obscure works of art that bring about the most money. pacasso..abstract art...one day..one day

i also dont have such ability to crop and enlarge as such...i only have MS paint for what i do. but i agree, i should have resized that better.

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 01:12:30

Photography!

Here's a shot I got last September of the "Field of Flags" at Kennesaw Mtn. National Battlefield Park.

Photography Club

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 01:51:36

I really need to fiddle with the scanner, I'm realizing that contrast and color are off quite a bit.. err.. S. Carolina beach somewhere

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 01:54:18

anyone notice how 5 out of the last 6 photos (not including wades lil fix up of my own photo) have a tree in the middle or in the focal point.

sure, they're everywhere, but they just seem to be...there...get what i'm saying? er...

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 02:01:13

At 6/1/04 01:54 AM, MALforPresident wrote: anyone notice how 5 out of the last 6 photos (not including wades lil fix up of my own photo) have a tree in the middle or in the focal point.

Here's one I took during the fall of last year near Robbinsville, NC. I used the trees and the underbrush to frame up the mountain ridge in the distance.

Photography Club

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 02:11:26

Nice framing illustrious =)

I have to get out and shoot more. These pics from spring break are getting boring for me, and I keep noticing how I could of improved them..

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 03:22:09

Like I said before, I do more self portraits. These acutally look better full size and without the croppage, but, as we all are, I am limited. Anyway, most of my pictures I can't show you beucause they are inappropriate, in my opinion. But these two I will... this first one is called "touch."

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 03:28:07

BTW, I use a Canon Powershot G2 digital camera. I don't really have anything else... just put it on the timer, point and click. Also, like I said, I'm not showing many of my pictures, and these really aren't my best, but meh, who cares? This is my back... I don't know what to title this photo... just back I suppose. =/

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 03:30:29

At 6/1/04 03:28 AM, LadyGrace wrote: BTW, I use a Canon Powershot G2 digital camera. I don't really have anything else... just put it on the timer, point and click.

yeah, thats basically what i try to do..but being my height, theres not much in the house i can put the camera on (dont have a stand) so yeah..usually its my left arm extending away from my body.

oh yeah, heres a cool one that came out of my twiddling last night:

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 04:40:58

lol i took a pic of me...just because i like my mohawk...and because mohawks are cool

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 04:42:10

seee

Photography Club

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 06:09:22

People are showing osme great stuff on here. Im currently running around with a black and white film which will be fun! Theres so many i will show. FOr now here's my fog:D very cute she is too!

Photography Club

/

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 19:18:08

No need to adjust the contrast on your monitor. This is TN State Route 165 ascending into the clouds east of Tellico Plains, TN.

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 20:15:30

*looks around for his camera* HERE CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA!

as soon as I find it, I'll join you, Red =p

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 20:46:38

ermmm.... meow..

yea. kats are kool. :P

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 21:03:10

At 6/1/04 08:46 PM, N0IR wrote: ermmm.... meow..

What is it about pets that make them so photogenic?

Here's my cat, Figaro:

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 21:04:49

At 6/1/04 09:03 PM, IllustriousPotentate wrote:
At 6/1/04 08:46 PM, N0IR wrote: ermmm.... meow..

What is it about pets that make them so photogenic?

Here's my cat, Figaro:

I am allergic to cats.. I cannot pet them.. only take pictures from a distance..... :(

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 21:13:36

I'm back! Still with the sunburn but back! Ok I see you guys have been talking about the focus of a photograph. You know anything can be the main subject, but it depends on how you look at it, you know in depth and all. This is a photograpgh of my mother and my grandmother. It was taken Thanksgiving of 2001 at her home in Homer, New York. To get the image how i wanted it I played around in the darkroom for a bit at TC3 College and went through alot of photo paper. I pretty much wanted her to be the main subject because I love the texture in her skin. I mean the image looks so sureal, timeless, and heartwarming. I also shot this photo with my Nikon F3. I'll tell you what, detail wise the Nikon F3 is the best camera I have ever had the pleasure of using. I always have gotten great results!

Photography Club

Made with 100% Awesomeness | Work in Progress: White Chalk Lotus

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 21:15:11

I use a tiny Canon Digital, 3.2 mega pixels... but it works like a charm!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 22:22:48

At 6/1/04 09:13 PM, Streakydesign wrote:

I'll tell you what, detail wise the Nikon F3 is the best camera I have ever had the pleasure of using. I always have gotten great results!

That's a cool picture! You should try saving them less compressed, keep them between 40-45k so they look sharper.

Also what lens are you using on the F3? The lens is what makes the difference in a sharp picture, not the camera. :)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-01 22:38:25

At 6/1/04 10:22 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Also what lens are you using on the F3? The lens is what makes the difference in a sharp picture, not the camera. :)

What to look for in lenses? Specs, mfg ? There is so much I don't properly know.

I usually don't look around in the clubs forums but this subject has got my attention. I'm sure glad I found it. I use 2 digital cameras, a 2 mp/6x Optical zoom Fuji FinePix 2800 & a 4 mp/3x Optical zoom Canon A80.

This pic was taken with the Canon in Macro mode with macro lenses.

Photography Club

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-02 00:11:04

At 6/1/04 10:22 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
That's a cool picture! You should try saving them less compressed, keep them between 40-45k so they look sharper.

Also what lens are you using on the F3? The lens is what makes the difference in a sharp picture, not the camera. :)

Well Wade I have A Nikon 35-70mm lens. It's not the best but it works for me! And I know it's the lens that makes the photograph, lol. The camera body is just a rool, an aid really. Anyways I wouldn't compress the photos so much but when I scan my photos they come up as a bmp. So I have to crop them so they'll fit on here :( Then I have to put them into another program to save them as a jpeg. Sometimes you have to compress the photo because website usually don't allow that much quality cause it takes up too much space. I didn't know if we could do that or not. Next time if you want, I won't compress it so much so you can see more detail.

Made with 100% Awesomeness | Work in Progress: White Chalk Lotus

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-02 07:35:58

Ah ha i have a close up of a flower! A lilly . The fisrt close up i took! Well i took like 20 but one came out okay! I had to leave a long exposure but i didnt have a tripod so i didnt get many sharp images!

Photography Club

/

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-06-02 10:18:07

At 6/1/04 10:22 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Also what lens are you using on the F3? The lens is what makes the difference in a sharp picture, not the camera. :)

i agree. i found that you can buy any body of camera and, more or less, it just relates to how many features it has. i was told and found it to be true that if you want to spend a lot of money on anything, it should be the lens, because that's what makes all the difference.