00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox One Official Thread.

43,151 Views | 563 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:11:16

So yeah, just what the title says. Let's discuss.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:19:56

The console itself people!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:21:31

At 5/21/13 01:19 PM, darkjam wrote: The console itself people!

Wow I flopped.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:26:16

It looks like a VHS player.

I know.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:48:18

Wow, a Halo TV series.....

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:50:38

At 5/21/13 01:48 PM, darkjam wrote: Wow, a Halo TV series.....

And Spielberg's a part of it too!

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:52:52

No real launch date, wtf?!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:55:57

At 5/21/13 01:52 PM, darkjam wrote: No real launch date, wtf?!

Probably at E3.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 13:56:46

At least "Wii U" is now officially a better name than something else that actually exists.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:08:25

Yay, Sports and COD! THE TWO THINGS I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT!

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:11:25

So aye, can't recall a worse conference in years. Prerendered gameplay for shite video games, and a load of sports and TV bullshit no one cares about. Good to know the machine is aimed squarely at the sort of cretins who get excited over another Call of Duty game but with a dog in it, means I don't have to worry that I might be missing out on anything by not buying one.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:13:56

So I dont see how this thing can't be online 24/7. Also, did they say if it had built in memory or just all cloud storage?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:18:27

At 5/21/13 01:56 PM, Jackho wrote: At least "Wii U" is now officially a better name than something else that actually exists.

Nah WiiU is still worse.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:37:15

SPACE AGE LEVEL STUFF
THE NEW WATER COOLER
EA PARTNERSHIP
PRE RENDERED SPORTS PRE RENDERED SPORTS PRE RENDERED SPORTS
CALL OF WOOF: BARK OF DUTY
HALO TV SERIES AFTER HALO WAS RUINED
call of duty is now brink and AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK
NO GAMES
WATCH TV ON YOUR TV

confirmed for worst ever, even worse than that sony PS3 one from ages ago

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:38:59

I can't think of a single plus side to this console. Literally everything about it is bad so far.

The voice command, "always online big brother is watching", instant switch, hand gestures, and paid Xbox Live are all things I'm not ready to welcome. It seems like they're trying more to make an ultra-gimmicky HTPC and go "Oh yeah, it plays games too I guess."

The specs aren't even impressive either. An over-abundance of RAM to deal with all of the background rubbish it'll be running 24/7, a disgusting low to mid-end APU, and NT kernel. I highly doubt the price will match the performance, too. Who knows how much they'll charge for this thing.

Guess I'll be going without modern console games for the next few years since nothing seems the least bit appealing from Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo. Oh well, not a huge loss I guess.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:42:37

At 5/21/13 02:38 PM, Oolaph wrote: "always online big brother is watching",

thats confirmed to be untrue

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:45:42

At 5/21/13 02:42 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 5/21/13 02:38 PM, Oolaph wrote: "always online big brother is watching",
thats confirmed to be untrue

I always laugh at people who perpetuate that shit, as if big brother gives a fuck what anyone is doing on Xbox.

Anyway, overall I'm pleased. Can't wait to see the exclusive titles at E3.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 14:55:20

Failed to impress me like the PS4 did. I'll just stick with 360 and PC gaming, though the only game I'll be getting for the 360 is Grand Theft Auto V. Also, Xbox One is a terrible name. I thought it'd be bad if they just named it Xbox, but no - they actually called it Xbox One, implying it's the first Xbox which already exists anyway.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 15:00:46

At 5/21/13 02:37 PM, BumFodder wrote: call of duty is now brink and AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK

Holy shit, someone else actually played Brink and made that connection as well!?
I wonder if an emaciated-yet-highly-mobile body type will be a part of this new customization the game is apparently offering...

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 15:04:51

At 5/21/13 02:45 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: I always laugh at people who perpetuate that shit, as if big brother gives a fuck what anyone is doing on Xbox.

Anyway, overall I'm pleased. Can't wait to see the exclusive titles at E3.

But what is true is that if you want to play second hand games (even in the same house) youll have to pay

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 15:07:22

Anyone else thinking this when they say the name?

Also, I'm surprised they put Blu-Ray on the thing, since it means royalties for Sony.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 15:09:53

The look of the console tells me that they probably fixed thermal issues with the machine. While it might not be the prettiest console around, it has proper ventilation on the top, back, and side. The D-Pad looks nice and the rim of the analog sticks have a nice decoration to them.

Apparently all games are required to be installed to the HDD - source - which could mean significantly faster load times. It seems like games cannot be used on more than one account without a fee, thus limiting used games. PCs do this, but most PC games are $50, plus you can fall back on steam sales. Hopefully Microsoft will throw in a few sales every now and again.

As per specs:
8GB System Memory (DDR3?)
500GB HDD
8 Core CPU
Blu-Ray Drive
Comes with newer Kinect

Considering the beafy case and inclusion of Kinect, I can assume that the price will be higher, or that the GPU will be lower spec than the PS4. Also to note is that the PS4 will probably have a large, boxy case, especially if it is using even more powerful parts; the PS4 seems to be using an eight core APU with a 7970m.

Xbox Live will probably keep its current pricing while the PS4's PSN will remain free (to my knowledge); the bigger comparison will be in exclusives; if the PS4 can pull off better exclusives, it can knock the Xbox One down to servicing the more casual crowd with Kinect.

With the Wii U using a tablet, and the Xbox One using a the Kinect, I would like to see how the PS4 fares without a hardware specialty.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 15:17:53

At 5/21/13 03:09 PM, MonoBro wrote: Considering the beafy case and inclusion of Kinect, I can assume that the price will be higher, or that the GPU will be lower spec than the PS4. Also to note is that the PS4 will probably have a large, boxy case, especially if it is using even more powerful parts; the PS4 seems to be using an eight core APU with a 7970m.

The specs are pretty similar, but the ones gfx is based on 7790 and the ps4 on a 7870.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 15:36:08

hehehehehhehehehehehehehheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
This console sucks!

R.I.P Microsoft

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 15:58:26

Microsoft has screwed itself over.

#dealwithit

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 16:10:14

At 5/21/13 02:38 PM, Oolaph wrote:
Guess I'll be going without modern console games for the next few years since nothing seems the least bit appealing from Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo. Oh well, not a huge loss I guess.

On the plus side, there's still plenty of good games coming to this generation's consoles. Grand Theft Auto V, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Rayman Legends all look awesome.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 16:19:05

Want to know why they call it the Xbox One.

Because you take one look at it and walk away.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 16:24:36

The Xbox One is announced and in other news, Microsofts naming department has been reduced to ONE person.

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 16:25:28

Also, the boneheaded decisions don't stop there. You have to pay to unlock used games,

What the fuck?! Why would they do that?!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-05-21 17:05:20

At 5/21/13 05:00 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: http://www.destructoid.com/the-xbox-one-will-not-function-wi thout-the-kinect-254209.phtml
Xbox One needs to be plugged into the Kinect at all times.

Wow, It hasn't even been 5 hours and the console is shaping up to be a flop.....

BBS Signature