New Topic Respond to this Topic
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Adobe Audition razor not working May. 19th, 2013 @ 03:41 PM Reply

For some reason i can't get the razor tool to work on waveform, because it's all greyed out. And yet it does work on multitrack. Is there any way to get it to work on waveform? Am i missing something here?

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Adobe Audition razor not working May. 19th, 2013 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 5/19/13 03:41 PM, wankwest wrote: For some reason i can't get the razor tool to work on waveform, because it's all greyed out. And yet it does work on multitrack. Is there any way to get it to work on waveform? Am i missing something here?

The first three tools are just for multitrack, whilst the last four are for the spectral display. Use the selection tool instead to select the area you want to delete or modify, or import your file into a multitrack if you really want to use those first three tools.

My Music - Game Dev./Music Tutorials - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Adobe Audition razor not working May. 19th, 2013 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 5/19/13 03:45 PM, samulis wrote:
At 5/19/13 03:41 PM, wankwest wrote: For some reason i can't get the razor tool to work on waveform, because it's all greyed out. And yet it does work on multitrack. Is there any way to get it to work on waveform? Am i missing something here?
The first three tools are just for multitrack, whilst the last four are for the spectral display. Use the selection tool instead to select the area you want to delete or modify, or import your file into a multitrack if you really want to use those first three tools.

That's the only way for it to work? That too bad. Maybe i should work with adobe premiere for what i want to achieve.
Is it possible to tune pitches with that? For clarification, i'm trying to get a result similar to this.

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Adobe Audition razor not working May. 19th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM Reply

You can copy in some audio selected from another file, I guess... that sort of thing is best made in something like Premiere or at least multitrack in Audition.

My Music - Game Dev./Music Tutorials - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature