Be a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread

  • 40,277 Views
  • 1,141 Replies
New Topic
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-12 12:36:16

Seeing this last night was the highlight of my Newgrounds experience.

Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-12 19:13:51

WINNER: EYE-CUE

  • CLAB - Pachillis vs Eye-Cue
    CLAB - Pachillis vs Eye-Cue by BigRed

    2013 CLABTRAP - Semi-Finals: Pachillis vs Eye-Cue

    Score
    3.90 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    257 Views

WINNER: TEQNEEK

  • CLAB - Teqneek vs Prometheus
    CLAB - Teqneek vs Prometheus by BigRed

    CLABTRAP 2013: Semi-Finals - Teqneek vs Prometheus

    Score
    4.71 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    485 Views

No consolation battle this year, we're going back to the roots. Once you're knocked out, you're knocked out. :)

The final battle of the 2013 CLABTRAP COMPETITION IS...

EYE-CUE VS TEQNEEK

Eye-Cue, the coin flip put you first. Lets go!


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-13 13:08:53

At 11/12/13 07:13 PM, BigRed wrote: The final battle of the 2013 CLABTRAP COMPETITION IS...

EYE-CUE VS TEQNEEK

Eye-Cue, the coin flip put you first. Lets go!

So ready to do this damn thang!

Mophead367
Mophead367
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-14 14:27:37

So, according to the 1st post and the Clab website, I take it there's no Sample Battle this year?

Kwing
Kwing
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-15 01:36:16

Is this going to be available on disc? It would be pretty cool to produce the 'last item in the NG store'.


If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-15 13:26:16

At 11/15/13 01:36 AM, Kwing wrote: Is this going to be available on disc? It would be pretty cool to produce the 'last item in the NG store'.

I assume not, due to the NG Store closing.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-17 08:40:23

While you're waiting twelve years for Teq vs Eye-Cue, why not listen to this song? It's like, mad good, and stuff.

  • Godhead ft. Sky from D-Squad
    Godhead ft. Sky from D-Squad by NogginmenAnimations

    GODHEAD by Fats and Sky from D-Squad (prod. by S-Rock)

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    4 Views

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-19 20:03:57

Okay, so Eye-Cue got up with me and told me that he has been super sick for a week; has his verse written, but has been in no shape to record. I told him it's whatever- I'll wait as long as it takes as long as this final battle in the books, because I ain't winning a damn championship via disqualification.

THEN- I had an idea (which I sent to him earlier and am still awaiting a reply on): He sends me his written verse along with the beat, and I write/record my rebuttal while he's recovering. So verse 1 and 2 will be knocked out in the next few days, then we can get on with it as normal.

Just a heads up. Although I'm fairly certain that his "sickness" is actually his Teq Fear manifesting into an acute case of vaginitis.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-23 19:49:11

Got the verse yesterday, JUST NOW able to hear it; I'll be brainstorming tonight, then writing and recording tomorrow...

AWWWWWW SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEITTTT

Kwing
Kwing
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-25 02:06:45

At 11/23/13 07:49 PM, Teqneek wrote: Got the verse yesterday, JUST NOW able to hear it; I'll be brainstorming tonight, then writing and recording tomorrow...

AWWWWWW SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEITTTT

How long are you officially supposed to have to write your verse?


If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Wolfie
Wolfie
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-25 03:09:22

At 11/25/13 02:06 AM, Kwing wrote:
At 11/23/13 07:49 PM, Teqneek wrote: Got the verse yesterday, JUST NOW able to hear it; I'll be brainstorming tonight, then writing and recording tomorrow...

AWWWWWW SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEITTTT
How long are you officially supposed to have to write your verse?

Ideally, you have 3 days to write, record, and send in your verse.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-26 16:29:33

At 11/25/13 03:09 AM, Wolfie wrote:
At 11/25/13 02:06 AM, Kwing wrote:
At 11/23/13 07:49 PM, Teqneek wrote: Got the verse yesterday, JUST NOW able to hear it; I'll be brainstorming tonight, then writing and recording tomorrow...

AWWWWWW SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEITTTT
How long are you officially supposed to have to write your verse?
Ideally, you have 3 days to write, record, and send in your verse.

IN DA BOOF NOW. Eye-Cue will have his verse tonight. I'm a day late because I was moving all weekend and had nothing set up yet. GREAT TIMING

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-27 06:17:41

At 11/26/13 04:29 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 11/25/13 03:09 AM, Wolfie wrote:
At 11/25/13 02:06 AM, Kwing wrote:
At 11/23/13 07:49 PM, Teqneek wrote: Got the verse yesterday, JUST NOW able to hear it; I'll be brainstorming tonight, then writing and recording tomorrow...

AWWWWWW SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEITTTT
How long are you officially supposed to have to write your verse?
Ideally, you have 3 days to write, record, and send in your verse.
IN DA BOOF NOW. Eye-Cue will have his verse tonight. I'm a day late because I was moving all weekend and had nothing set up yet. GREAT TIMING

As soon as I had all my shit hooked up a fuse blew and i lost all power because of the dopeness overload. I'm getting some fuses after work, repairing this shit, and recording tonight. This is a bunch of bullshit at the worst time imaginable, but the battle is on and I'm going to get this damn thing finished asap.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-27 08:16:08

At 11/27/13 06:17 AM, Teqneek wrote: As soon as I had all my shit hooked up a fuse blew and i lost all power because of the dopeness overload. I'm getting some fuses after work, repairing this shit, and recording tonight. This is a bunch of bullshit at the worst time imaginable, but the battle is on and I'm going to get this damn thing finished asap.

AWW SHIT TEQ SCURRED

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-27 13:17:02

At 11/27/13 08:16 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 11/27/13 06:17 AM, Teqneek wrote: As soon as I had all my shit hooked up a fuse blew and i lost all power because of the dopeness overload. I'm getting some fuses after work, repairing this shit, and recording tonight. This is a bunch of bullshit at the worst time imaginable, but the battle is on and I'm going to get this damn thing finished asap.
AWW SHIT TEQ SCURRED

BULLLLLSHITTTTT lol I have a dude coming out to repair this mess in about 3 hours. As soon as it's fixed I'm recording. It's fucked up but I gotta do what I gotta do. And me getting my stuff recorded tonight will still be 4 days sooner than it took for Eye-Cue to get his done.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-11-27 23:36:52

At 11/27/13 01:17 PM, Teqneek wrote: BULLLLLSHITTTTT

DEY BOWF SCURRRRRRRRRRT

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-02 22:59:01

The first half of this championship battle was a complete and utter bitch for myself and Eye-Cue. So I promise that once I get his final verse, Imma have my shit written and recorded in one day. Maybe even the same day, depending on what time I get it.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO

NBK-Elite
NBK-Elite
  • Member since: Aug. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-06 00:45:14

Come on people record and send your verses. Longest wait for a battle in clabtrap history. LOL!

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-06 01:00:48

At 12/6/13 12:45 AM, NBK-Elite wrote: Come on people record and send your verses. Longest wait for a battle in clabtrap history. LOL!

No kidding dude. I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for this verse to pop up in my inbox. Apologies yo.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-08 10:27:38

I just got Eye-Cue's final verse. I'm writing mine now and recording it either today or tomorrow.

AAAAAWWWWW HELL YES, been waiting a long time for this day, so Imma do it big and go out with a bang (and a win)...

NBK-Elite
NBK-Elite
  • Member since: Aug. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-08 23:13:47

At 12/8/13 10:27 AM, Teqneek wrote: I just got Eye-Cue's final verse. I'm writing mine now and recording it either today or tomorrow.

AAAAAWWWWW HELL YES, been waiting a long time for this day, so Imma do it big and go out with a bang (and a win)...

You better win this lol jk! Good luck!

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-09 16:29:40

Not sure why Red hasn't told you guys this, but I'll go ahead and do it because I think you guys deserve to be informed.

Apparently Big Red has some special plans for this final Clabtrap battle, and isn't planning on releasing it until New Year's Day. I can't say I agree with that (we've been keeping so many listeners waiting for soooooo long), but it's not my call.

I'm gonna make some revisions to my verse and record it tomorrow, seeing as how we have all the time in the world now. Still gonna get it recorded and sent in the allotted 3 day time period though, and since I don't know what plans Red has, I'm hoping this gets released to you guys asap.

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-09 22:30:04

Happy new years here is something that is going to be released sooner, hopefully a lot of Clabtrap listeners will die over the holidays, and the karma will be instant.

Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-11 23:42:04

CLABTRAP 2013 FINAL BATTLE

EYE-CUE VS TEQNEEK will be released on JANUARY 1ST, 2014

Mark your calendars. The battle is done, and it is dope.


BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-12 03:50:34

At 12/11/13 11:42 PM, BigRed wrote: CLABTRAP 2013 FINAL BATTLE

EYE-CUE VS TEQNEEK will be released on JANUARY 1ST, 2014

Mark your calendars. The battle is done, and it is dope.

Care to explain the New Year release, yo?

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-13 18:43:56

At 12/12/13 03:50 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Care to explain the New Year release, yo?

I have a few things to do hype-wise, I want to make sure this battle gets the attention it deserves!

Teqneek and Eye-Cue:
Can you guys link us to any battles you've done outside of CLABTRAP?

CLABTRAP 2013

Teqneek

  • CLAB - Teqneek vs Carefoot
    CLAB - Teqneek vs Carefoot by BigRed

    2013 CLABTRAP MC KNOCK OUT - Round 1: Teqneek vs Carefoot

    Score
    3.74 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    910 Views
  • CLAB - Jakobe vs Teqneek
    CLAB - Jakobe vs Teqneek by BigRed

    2013 CLABTRAP MC KNOCK OUT -

    Score
    4.66 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    1,306 Views
  • CLAB - Teqneek vs Prometheus
    CLAB - Teqneek vs Prometheus by BigRed

    CLABTRAP 2013: Semi-Finals - Teqneek vs Prometheus

    Score
    4.74 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    688 Views

Eye-Cue

  • CLAB - Eye-Cue vs Fats
    CLAB - Eye-Cue vs Fats by BigRed

    2013 CLABTRAP MC KNOCK OUT - Round 2: Eye-Cue vs Fats

    Score
    4.45 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    1,153 Views
  • CLAB - Pachillis vs Eye-Cue
    CLAB - Pachillis vs Eye-Cue by BigRed

    2013 CLABTRAP - Semi-Finals: Pachillis vs Eye-Cue

    Score
    3.47 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    421 Views

CLABTRAP 2012

Teqneek

  • CLAB - Teqneek vs Lil C
    CLAB - Teqneek vs Lil C by BigRed

    CLABTRAP Competition 2012 - Teqneek vs Lil C

    Score
    1.71 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    2,895 Views
  • Clab - Pigpen Vs Teqneek
    Clab - Pigpen Vs Teqneek by Teqneek

    CLABTRAP Competition 2012 - PiGPEN vs Teqneek

    Score
    1.14 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    2,719 Views


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-16 20:09:09

Here's my non-Clabtrap battles (and an award-winning song called Lotion and Doo Doo). Some of these shits is ridiculous.

Also- My losses to Mad Flex and EQ were a long time ago; I've gotten much better and I demand rematches at once!

  • MDJ vs Teqneek
    MDJ vs Teqneek by AxTekk

    32 vs 32 GRUDGE BATTLE

    Score
    4.08 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    1,445 Views
  • HDC: Teqneek vs WarSpawn
    HDC: Teqneek vs WarSpawn by HDC

    HDC rules!

    Score
    1.03 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    3,213 Views
  • Teqneek vs Byron
    Teqneek vs Byron by Teqneek

    $10,000 rap battle. Also, loser gets murdered.

    Score
    0.70 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    2,651 Views
  • MCI - Teqneek vs Eq
    MCI - Teqneek vs Eq by RRStudios

    2013 International MC Invitational Tournament

    Score
    1.97 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    1,675 Views
  • MadFleX vs Teqneek
    MadFleX vs Teqneek by AKACCMIOF

    MadFleX is back and Teq is outta retirement, shit jus got reaalll

    Score
    1.78 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    2,690 Views
  • Teq Vs Ax 3steylebattelll
    Teq Vs Ax 3steylebattelll by AxTekk

    FRREEESTYLELOLOLOLOL

    Score
    0.58 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    484 Views
  • PiG vs Teq (Chipmunk Rmx)
    PiG vs Teq (Chipmunk Rmx) by Teqneek

    I made this shit EXTRA DOPE.

    Score
    0.48 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    496 Views
  • CLAB - Moses vs Satan
    CLAB - Moses vs Satan by BigRed

    Round 3: Teqneek vs Butsaay

    Score
    3.47 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    503 Views
  • Milk Dud vs RampantMusik
    Milk Dud vs RampantMusik by MilkDudisaBEAST

    MILK DUD made sex with all your grilfiends

    Score
    0.25 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    503 Views
  • Obsideo vs. Milk Dud
    Obsideo vs. Milk Dud by MilkDudisaBEAST

    Obsideo in the fight of his life. Will he be run over by the Dud Train?

    Score
    4.24 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    1,071 Views
  • Lotion and Doo Doo
    Lotion and Doo Doo by MilkDudisaBEAST

    Teqneek's entry to the Wackest Song Competition, hosted by RampantMusik

    Score
    4.26 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    611 Views

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-18 17:19:01

At 12/12/13 03:50 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 12/11/13 11:42 PM, BigRed wrote: CLABTRAP 2013 FINAL BATTLE

EYE-CUE VS TEQNEEK will be released on JANUARY 1ST, 2014

Mark your calendars. The battle is done, and it is dope.
Care to explain the New Year release, yo?

Nothing builds hype like a previously unmentioned and totally unwarranted multi-month wait

thanx for the dope shirt tho


BBS Signature
Wolfie
Wolfie
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-19 07:19:42

At 12/18/13 05:19 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 12/12/13 03:50 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 12/11/13 11:42 PM, BigRed wrote: CLABTRAP 2013 FINAL BATTLE

EYE-CUE VS TEQNEEK will be released on JANUARY 1ST, 2014

Mark your calendars. The battle is done, and it is dope.
Care to explain the New Year release, yo?
Nothing builds hype like a previously unmentioned and totally unwarranted multi-month wait

thanx for the dope shirt tho

Yep. There have already been so many delays and DQs that, personally, my interest in this thing died down a lot. I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but I feel this tournament lost its steam. Better to end it sooner.

Last year's. tournament was much better.

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-12-19 16:33:19

At 12/19/13 07:19 AM, Wolfie wrote:
At 12/18/13 05:19 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 12/12/13 03:50 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 12/11/13 11:42 PM, BigRed wrote: CLABTRAP 2013 FINAL BATTLE

EYE-CUE VS TEQNEEK will be released on JANUARY 1ST, 2014

Mark your calendars. The battle is done, and it is dope.
Care to explain the New Year release, yo?
Nothing builds hype like a previously unmentioned and totally unwarranted multi-month wait

thanx for the dope shirt tho
Yep. There have already been so many delays and DQs that, personally, my interest in this thing died down a lot. I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but I feel this tournament lost its steam. Better to end it sooner.

Last year's. tournament was much better.

I wrote 50 times more for this years tournament, and ended up freestyling. I think last year's tournament felt different for sure, but I liked this year. I got what I wanted out of it, entertainment, and the feeling of wanting to improve which is why I battle. I can't speak for we, but I think we all grow off this in theory at least.

"So do you, you'll never make everyone happy. It just won't happen.
At the end of day, when all say is said, you better be ready to go back at'em."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuG3ZDAxLhs

Fuck all ya'll doe.

Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread