Musician
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 18th, 2013 @ 03:42 AM Reply

They aren't all fan films. I apologize. I screwed up the title.

Anyway, post your random horror movie stuff here. Whether it be favorite kill scenes, soundtracks, previews for upcoming horror films, or fan films.

Here's another one I really enjoy. This would have made a better A Nightmare On Elm Street remake, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxPmOP1_HIY

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:03 AM Reply

Sorry I can't really contribute any fan films. As for spooky music, the entire Silent Hill soundtrack. Anything by Lustmord or Black Goat of the Woods. Just a couple I've listened to recently.

Some horror films or films with horror elements I enjoy.

The Shining
Anything by David Lynch
Descent
The Ruins
Thing (original)
28 days later
The Mist (the ending)
Session 9 (god tier)
Jacobs Ladder
Black Christmas
The Others
The Devils Advocate
The 6th sense
Alien series (not so much the 3rd film)
The Exorcist
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Anything by George Romero
Halloween
Nightmare on Elm Street

There's a lot more, but I think that's enough.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:12 AM Reply

Oh and I forgot to mention. That movie you have never heard of that kicks major ass, this is it.

The cube

If you haven't seen it and I don't blame you if you haven't GO FUCKING WATCH IT

Horror Movies Fan Films

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:52 AM Reply

One of my favorite 70s "B-Horror Movies"
La Noche de Walpurgis > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBpBqzqhmM
Also so I don't run the risk of having any mods riding my ass I'll say right now there may be some scenes that could be deemed NSFW. Also thats a link for the entire movie. Its in Spanish (because its from Spain duh) but has English subtitles.

And then theres The Devil Rides Out a late-60s British Horror Film that stars non other than Christopher Lee.
But I can't think of a specific scene to put a link for. And the full film isn't on YouTube either so...yeah....

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
ManiacCop2
ManiacCop2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:20 PM Reply

Malevolence

Not entirely sure if this is relevant, but here's a short horror film I made for my EPQ i.e. Extended Project Qualification.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:37 PM Reply

Oh and I almost forgot, for horror music you can never go wrong with Krzysztof Penderecki.

The guy is a genius, nothing else to say really.

Hopefully my link works.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Krzysztof+Pende recki&oq=Krzysztof+Penderecki&gs_l=youtube.12...0.0.0.89218.
0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1ac..11.youtube

BBS Signature
iceimp
iceimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:49 PM Reply

I don't always horror film but when I do it's usually horror comedy, and I know you all watched scary movie and Shaun of the dead.

So my favorite other horror comedy's are

The Mad
Teeth
Black Sheep
My name is Bruce

And all the Evil Dead movies

chronic masterbaition!

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 5/22/13 01:49 PM, iceimp wrote: I don't always horror film but when I do it's usually horror comedy, and I know you all watched scary movie and Shaun of the dead.

So my favorite other horror comedy's are

The Mad
Teeth
Black Sheep
My name is Bruce

And all the Evil Dead movies

Horror comedies are such a rare breed, but when they pull it off well are some of the best films ever. The Evil Dead series is indeed great and another awesome movie you missed is the Tremor series.

BBS Signature
generalwinter
generalwinter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Horror movies are sweet, but my favorites are always zombie related.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 5/22/13 01:37 PM, Elixur wrote: Oh and I almost forgot, for horror music you can never go wrong with Krzysztof Penderecki.

This was a good tip. Thank you Elixur.

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 5/22/13 01:50 PM, Elixur wrote: another awesome movie you missed is the Tremor series.

The 4th one sucked, the third one was kind of whack but tolerable. The second one was pulled off nicely with the return of Fred Ward. Though I understand why Kevin Bacon wasn't interested.

The first Tremors is a must see. Far better, IMO, than another Kevin Bacon film you may remember in the horror genre, Friday the 13th. Bacon's character has depth in Tremors.

Now, here is my homework for all you Twilight fans. I'm going to convert your little asses to being a fan of another little vampire movie I know, which is in essence still a love story, though far better pulled off.

That movie of course is Near Dark. This film's vampires are quite evil. Murdering people at will. Travelling the countryside, drinking blood. Slashing throats. A shoot out with the police. Mayhem and murder, all brought together by powerful performances by Lance Hendriksen, Bill Paxton, Adrian Pasdar, and Jenny Wright.

This precedes Twilight and has nothing to do with the Twilight series. This is a far better story, and better quality film for your time and interest. It's definitely still a chick flick, but only if you're chick is a horror movie fan. The love story in the film feels more genuine than Kristen Stewart and Robert Patterson gang banging a wolf pack.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:16 AM Reply

At 5/22/13 09:30 PM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 5/22/13 01:50 PM, Elixur wrote: another awesome movie you missed is the Tremor series.
The 4th one sucked, the third one was kind of whack but tolerable. The second one was pulled off nicely with the return of Fred Ward. Though I understand why Kevin Bacon wasn't interested.

The first Tremors is a must see. Far better, IMO, than another Kevin Bacon film you may remember in the horror genre, Friday the 13th. Bacon's character has depth in Tremors.

Now, here is my homework for all you Twilight fans. I'm going to convert your little asses to being a fan of another little vampire movie I know, which is in essence still a love story, though far better pulled off.

That movie of course is Near Dark. This film's vampires are quite evil. Murdering people at will. Travelling the countryside, drinking blood. Slashing throats. A shoot out with the police. Mayhem and murder, all brought together by powerful performances by Lance Hendriksen, Bill Paxton, Adrian Pasdar, and Jenny Wright.

This precedes Twilight and has nothing to do with the Twilight series. This is a far better story, and better quality film for your time and interest. It's definitely still a chick flick, but only if you're chick is a horror movie fan. The love story in the film feels more genuine than Kristen Stewart and Robert Patterson gang banging a wolf pack.

Thanks for the suggestion mate, I'll definitely check the film out. It's not that I'm against vampire movies or love stories it's just that so many bad films of that category have come out I'm de-sensitized to it. Any films of high calibre though definitely peak my interest.

My suggestion for you, "Let the Right One In" a swedish film about a girl vampire who becomes friends with a boy, then more than friends. Very dark film, great atmosphere, amature actors yet brilliant, the whole thing just works. Highly recommend. It is basically Twilight minus the garbage.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 23rd, 2013 @ 10:05 AM Reply

At 5/22/13 06:44 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I like musical numbers with my slasher flicks.

Oh my god, that is amazing.

saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 23rd, 2013 @ 10:14 AM Reply

I got these two dvds for 5 dollars with 8 horror movies each on them and boy did I strike a bargain. I plan to watch them all but so far I've only seen one called hellweek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o3ygK595J8

Fucking groundbreaking
bet they're all like this

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 23rd, 2013 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 5/23/13 08:16 AM, Elixur wrote: Thanks for the suggestion mate, I'll definitely check the film out. It's not that I'm against vampire movies or love stories it's just that so many bad films of that category have come out I'm de-sensitized to it. Any films of high calibre though definitely peak my interest.

Near Dark. Don't forget. Watch Near Dark. Search for it on tubeplus.me

My suggestion for you, "Let the Right One In" a swedish film about a girl vampire who becomes friends with a boy, then more than friends. Very dark film, great atmosphere, amature actors yet brilliant, the whole thing just works. Highly recommend. It is basically Twilight minus the garbage.

I've seen the American version and the Swedish version. This is a great suggestion for a vampire movie. As if the triumphant Interview with the Vampire, or campy violence of From Dusk Till Dawn. One vampire movie stands out in my mind. Near Dark and The Lost Boys.

For demon movies, I prefer Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight.

A Nightmare on Elm Street was a scary masterpiece of suspense and blood. Dream demon Freddy Krueger cutting up teenagers in inventive and gory ways became commonplace in the series, though Freddy Krueger himself was particularly scary before we had a huge backstory of sequels, revealing more truths, making Freddy a one-liner king. Freddy became 80's culture.

Halloween is probably the most brilliant killer in a mask movie I have ever seen. The original with Jamie Lee Curtis is a stunning example of cinematography. This low budget little horror flick was one of the best movies ever made by John Carpenter.

The Thing is another brilliant Carpenter movie. The remake was not terrible, but it certainly does not even compare to the original. I will say I like both of them, but for different reasons. The monsters that the thing became in John Carpenter's version were amazingly well crafted effects for the time. The performances are all solid. Windows. Childs. Macready.

So watch Alien, Aliens, The Thing, and maybe even Pet Sematary. Be sure to check out Child's Play, one and two especially. Although part 3 has it's charms. Chucky at boot camp.

The Friday the 13th movies are some of the best, and some of the worst part of the slasher genre. I found part one and two scary. Part 3 was pretty good too. Part 4 was probably the last good one. After that, part 5 is not even Jason. It's some guy Roy dressed up like Jason. The movie itself has it's moments, but it is mostly dumb. Part 6 finds us dealing with a slower zombie Jason, who is no longer scary. Some of the kills are good, but this is perhaps one of the most lighthearted Friday the 13th films. Part 7, 8, 9, 10, and Freddy vs. Jason... If you must watch them, for the sake of being a fan, go ahead. Part 7 is basically Jason vs. Carrie. Part 8 has a misleading title. I wanted to entire film to be in New York. So much time is wasted on a cruise ship, as Jason stalks the cabins of a graduating high school class onboard a New York bound ship. Part 9 is garbage. Jason Goes To Hell sucks. Jason X has some cool parts, but is just cheesy beyond cheesy. Freddy Vs. Jason wasn't bad at all. Robert England's last performance as the nightmare man. The Anightmare on Elm Street remake was exciting, I was very thrilled to see it be made, but like all remakes, they completely ruined the original.

At least John Carpenter could make a GOOD remake. The Thing.

If you ever want to see something kind of scary, watch Black Sabbath. It's an older anthology style horror movie. Antoher good one is Creep Show and Creep Show 2. Another Stephen King inspired anthology is Cat's Eye. Or you can watch Tales From the Dark Side.

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 23rd, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 5/23/13 10:14 AM, saqwert wrote: I got these two dvds for 5 dollars with 8 horror movies each on them and boy did I strike a bargain. I plan to watch them all but so far I've only seen one called hellweek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o3ygK595J8

Fucking groundbreaking
bet they're all like this

That had some of the worst acting I have ever seen in my life. I could imagine Mystery Science Theater 3000 making fun of that movie. No offense too you. But that preview looked gay as two fags on a trampoline eating hot dogs out of each others mouths.

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 23rd, 2013 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 5/23/13 09:30 PM, infamoss wrote:
At 5/22/13 09:12 AM, Elixur wrote:

The cube
The Alien Series and Cube are Scifi, please do not put in them in the poor horror movie genre.

The Alien Series and Cube both have elements of horror, and fit in the horror movie genre. Horror/SciFi.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 23rd, 2013 @ 10:35 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVCEO4vX1o

This is an amazing documentary about the original Godzilla movie.

Godzilla is one of my favorite films, and this doc does it justice.

Seriously, I can't believe how good this is. This guy has a new subscriber.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 24th, 2013 @ 05:52 AM Reply

Horror movies as in scary movies? Once you watching something Asian, everything else seems timid in comparison. All the American remakes... for example, Into The Mirror > Mirrors.

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Horror Movies Fan Films May. 24th, 2013 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 5/24/13 05:52 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Horror movies as in scary movies? Once you watching something Asian, everything else seems timid in comparison. All the American remakes... for example, Into The Mirror > Mirrors.

Kiefer Sutherland was good in Mirrors. I like Sutherland as an actor. I did not see any flaws in his performance. What I did see was flaws in the script. It was an okay concept. I guess. I'll have to watch that one again.