SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 09:00 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 5/25/13 01:52 AM, Bosa wrote: Sorry, guys. This contest is already over. I have stepped into the arena and I am a mighty man. Even paragroinx9 bows before me, so maybe you all will go ahead and forfeit and let me win yes?
Fuuuuu...dge.

Totally undeserved. This guy obviously upvotes his own songs and zero bombs those of others with alternate accounts, piloted by spam bots.

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 5/29/13 09:46 AM, Seth8001 wrote: What page were you on? I don't find him on all, score, etc the same.

You must have been off that day. The classical section was split up, so now if you go to other > you'll see that there is a cinematic genre. Where you'll find us. :)

At 5/29/13 12:20 PM, SourJovis wrote: Totally undeserved. This guy obviously upvotes his own songs and zero bombs those of others with alternate accounts, piloted by spam bots.

I knew it all along!!!

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 04:46 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 12:20 PM, SourJovis wrote: Totally undeserved. This guy obviously upvotes his own songs and zero bombs those of others with alternate accounts, piloted by spam bots.
I knew it all along!!!

I agree. His stuff isn't that good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 05:31 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 04:46 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
I knew it all along!!!

Lol. I'm sure SourJovis was being sarcastic. It would be funny if one does believe Bosa has done all these.

Right, Bosa?

Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 05:31 AM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 5/30/13 04:46 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
I knew it all along!!!
Lol. I'm sure SourJovis was being sarcastic. It would be funny if one does believe Bosa has done all these.

Right, Bosa?

I'm confused here. Are you saying he's great, or not that great? I find him average, a 7 out of 10. I really don't find his work all that great, it's good, but not that good.

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 07:30 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 07:22 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
Right, Bosa?
I'm confused here. Are you saying he's great, or not that great? I find him average, a 7 out of 10. I really don't find his work all that great, it's good, but not that good.

He's great because we allow it.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 07:58 AM Reply

Seth I'd try to be a little more humble before critiquing others, I heard your one unscouted track you put up, and all I have to say is you have a way to go.

Production isn't all about having something that fits your top 10 beatport releases or sounding like it belongs in the orchestral segment of a James Cameron movie.

It's about finding your sound, your individuality and learning how to step outside of the norm and do you. Not only that, but it's also about learning how sound works and understanding the engineering part as well. Really music production is two different arts going on at once, you have the notation (your composition aspect) and then the engineering. Both aspects are very difficult to master, and I mean years upon years of practice and learning. People can try and slap on a cheap compressor or use rompler strings or samples, but to the people who can tell and know better, you aren't fooling them.

So, show a little respect, no one ever kicked it off well with the AP community by stepping on toes right as they came through the door.

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 08:57 AM Reply

Okay, to clear things up; that was just a joke about Bosa. Sorry to have caused such a confusion. I expected everyone here to know Bosa well enough to get it. Bosa is awesome and other musicians in the cinematic genre don't even deserve to be in his shadow.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 08:59 AM Reply

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but I don't want a flame war to start here so no one will get in trouble. Easy guys. I want this contest to be fun. We all have our opinions, I think the best thing to do is respect them, even if it's respectfully disagreeing! All this over one musician who may or may not claim he is better than everyone? Bosa was joking, but yes, we should not step on each others toes indeed as mentioned.

Haha, I guess some people don't get Bosa's humor and get confused, and that's ok! But I guess I had to make it clear to the world since it wasn't understandable to some.

Well I guess we all know what time it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwESraWEpSU

TheRealSourJovis
TheRealSourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 08:59 AM, RealFaction wrote: I wasn't going to say anything about this, but I don't want a flame war to start here so no one will get in trouble. Easy guys. I want this contest to be fun. We all have our opinions, I think the best thing to do is respect them, even if it's respectfully disagreeing! All this over one musician who may or may not claim he is better than everyone? Bosa was joking, but yes, we should not step on each others toes indeed as mentioned.

Haha, I guess some people don't get Bosa's humor and get confused, and that's ok! But I guess I had to make it clear to the world since it wasn't understandable to some.

Dangit. Just as I made an alternate account to really drive the joke home and say this about my previous message:

"Don't believe this. I'm the real SourJovis. the message above aren't my own words. I'm posting this message from an alternate account, because Bosa's spam bots have hacked mine. It's them who wrote the previous message."

But I suppose it's run its course and I'd better stop before it gets out of hand. Oh well. Onward with the competition then.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 09:10 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 09:07 AM, TheRealSourJovis wrote:
But I suppose it's run its course and I'd better stop before it gets out of hand. Oh well. Onward with the competition then.

Hahaha! Yeah probably not a good idea, but I must admit, that's pretty hilarious that you'd go through the trouble lol. xD

Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 07:58 AM, Cross666 wrote: Seth I'd try to be a little more humble before critiquing others, I heard your one unscouted track you put up, and all I have to say is you have a way to go.

So, show a little respect, no one ever kicked it off well with the AP community by stepping on toes right as they came through the door.

No, I don't mean he's bad, I just think he was a little cocky? I mean, look at his posts.

Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:21 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 10:17 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
At 5/30/13 07:58 AM, Cross666 wrote: Seth I'd try to be a little more humble before critiquing others, I heard your one unscouted track you put up, and all I have to say is you have a way to go.

No, I don't mean he's bad, I just think he was a little cocky? I mean, look at his posts.

I left some stuff out there :/ don't care about my other posts on this matter. What I mean to say, ignore my other posts, is first of all: Cross, yeah I'm saying he's good, maybe it's just me, but I've heard better. I'm not trying to say he's bad, he's really good, but... *sigh*.
:I'm sorry

Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:23 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 08:59 AM, RealFaction wrote: Haha, I guess some people don't get Bosa's humor and get confused, and that's ok! But I guess I had to make it clear to the world since it wasn't understandable to some.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY :D
Notice the response mood.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:38 AM Reply

...Well my entry is gonna be the coolest most superific individual unique twirl swerve hit song of this contest! To this I say, look out Bosa! Just try and top me!...if you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge cough cough nibble nibble

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:44 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 10:38 AM, ZipZipper wrote: ...Well my entry is gonna be the coolest most superific individual unique twirl swerve hit song of this contest!

Hah! Not if I can help it.
You are a worthy adversary, ZippoZippy.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 10:17 AM, Seth8001 wrote: No, I don't mean he's bad, I just think he was a little cocky? I mean, look at his posts.

Ha, yes. But he was only kidding. He does that all the time. He deserves some counteract though. So don't worry.

At 5/30/13 10:38 AM, ZipZipper wrote: ...Well my entry is gonna be the coolest most superific individual unique twirl swerve hit song of this contest!

You can have the coolest most superific individual swerve hit song, but the most "unique" will be mine.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 11:19 AM Reply

You can have the coolest most superific individual swerve hit song, but the most "unique" will be mine.

Gentlemen, I believe you've forgotten that I'm entering this contest.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 11:24 AM Reply

I feel like I'm standing in your shadows. D:

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 5/30/13 11:24 AM, Seth8001 wrote: I feel like I'm standing in your shadows. D:

Stand up and twirl! Twirl for your life!!! Gone with the wind Æ'Ã¥ÃYµLøµs!!!

@Yoshiii343 @SourJovis @SkyeWintrest

FIENDS. The sea and all its spoils bowww to myyy powwaarrrr!!!!

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 02:37 PM Reply

I have 3 weeks to do this. And 1 in progress, 1 with nothing. MY BRAIN DOESN'T HAVE ANY IDEAS. Musicians block D:
This sucks.
Well, I have one.
Also, why'd my text boxes and all turn blue?

TonalReboot
TonalReboot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 5/30/13 02:37 PM, Seth8001 wrote: I have 3 weeks to do this. And 1 in progress, 1 with nothing. MY BRAIN DOESN'T HAVE ANY IDEAS. Musicians block D:
This sucks.
Well, I have one.
Also, why'd my text boxes and all turn blue?

maybe you should give up then. if i dont have any ideas i find that not forcing myself to make music makes me write better stuff

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 04:10 PM Reply

Guys do you hear that? That silence? That nothing?

It's the sound of victory....

Deshiel's victory, but you cannot hear the rave because you are all too far away YAHAHAHAHAH.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 04:30 PM Reply

2 weeks and still haven't heard back from the artist I contacted lol.
Gonna wait some more and if nothing happens probably searching for another piece.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 5/30/13 04:30 PM, Braiton wrote: 2 weeks and still haven't heard back from the artist I contacted lol.
Gonna wait some more and if nothing happens probably searching for another piece.

2 weeks? oh no do not wait on that, that's not a good idea lol i'd move on already, 2 weeks is a long time lol

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 07:07 PM Reply

At 5/30/13 05:24 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 5/30/13 04:30 PM, Braiton wrote: 2 weeks and still haven't heard back from the artist I contacted lol.
2 weeks? oh no do not wait on that, that's not a good idea lol i'd move on already, 2 weeks is a long time lol

I must do one more track, because I hooked up the creator of cyght on the possibility that I'll score one more of his arts and now I don't feel assholish enough to let him down.

Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 11:45 PM Reply

All jokes aside, you all are awesome. I honestly feel honored to have been a part of this community for all these years, and posting music on here is just a small percentage of my purpose on Newgrounds. I really want to help other artists grow and prosper in this community.

Before I find a way to delete my Newgrounds account, I hope that I will at least be able to help one person find their place in the future of musical genius. Regardless of how crappy my stuff sounds, I always feel the need to help someone reach the level where they want to be. So if anybody around here needs me for anything, just contact me at anytime.

But anyways, enough of my personal beliefs. LET'S ROCK THIS CONTEST YOUSE GUYZ!!

I'm watching you, sourjovis...

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 30th, 2013 @ 11:54 PM Reply

At 5/30/13 11:24 AM, Seth8001 wrote: I feel like I'm standing in your shadows. D:

Then make something amazing to beat Bosa! Or all of us!

Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2013 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 12:09 PM, ZipZipper wrote: @Yoshiii343

FIENDS. The sea and all its spoils bowww to myyy powwaarrrr!!!!

NO. I SHALL BE DEFIANT TO THE END.

Apologies to RF for all these stupid posts in this thread.
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2013 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 11:54 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
Then make something amazing to beat Bosa! Or all of us!

But I'm not that good D: I have one thing done, but not that good, one thing partly done, but MUSICIAN'S BLOCK GODDAMNIT. D:
I can only hope to get on the album at most. I really hope I do :D