Be a Supporter!

A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread

  • 12,344 Views
  • 618 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 27th, 2013 @ 08:40 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 11:35 AM, Cross666 wrote: Is it just me or does anyone else feel like there's a dipstick in the contest down-voting everyone daily? 'Lest they forget, this is a contest where the results are "Judged" not accounted for by score. This isn't a "high-score wins contest".

I can't help but notice a lot of really awesome tracks by some other participants are in the 3.7's and 4.0's which to me is retarded.

There's always someone down-voting audio tracks, even mine, they just feel the need to do that so their song can reach the top cause they want to get attention, it's dumb. But that's why this contest isn't based on score, we all know the rating system in the audio portal is flawed, i think they should only base it on review scores, that would fix it instantly, and people would have to review to vote, if they're an asshole, they get caught. No worries, this contest is fairly judged, even the lowest scored submission could be a winner, score means nothing here.

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 04:55 AM Reply

At 5/27/13 11:35 AM, Cross666 wrote: Is it just me or does anyone else feel like there's a dipstick in the contest down-voting everyone daily? 'Lest they forget, this is a contest where the results are "Judged" not accounted for by score. This isn't a "high-score wins contest".

I can't help but notice a lot of really awesome tracks by some other participants are in the 3.7's and 4.0's which to me is retarded.

We all know that its you, we just didn't want to scare you away before the strike team enters your place.

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 09:00 AM Reply

At 5/25/13 01:52 AM, Bosa wrote: Sorry, guys. This contest is already over. I have stepped into the arena and I am a mighty man. Even paragroinx9 bows before me, so maybe you all will go ahead and forfeit and let me win yes?

Fuuuuu...dge.

A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread


BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 5/27/13 11:35 AM, Cross666 wrote: Is it just me or does anyone else feel like there's a dipstick in the contest down-voting everyone daily? 'Lest they forget, this is a contest where the results are "Judged" not accounted for by score. This isn't a "high-score wins contest".

I can't help but notice a lot of really awesome tracks by some other participants are in the 3.7's and 4.0's which to me is retarded.

Every contest submission of mine starting from Dreams of Splendour was downvoted to this score (3.something). But I think everyone will know a piece for what it's worth, especially if it's in the list of contest submissions. : )


AMDG ✝

Blank slate, with no project files from years past to base oneself on.

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 11:27 AM Reply

At 5/28/13 09:48 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

Every contest submission of mine starting from Dreams of Splendour was downvoted to this score (3.something). But I think everyone will know a piece for what it's worth, especially if it's in the list of contest submissions. : )

Lol all of my recent stuff was downoted into 3 aswell.
What the boo is going on? :P

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 12:16 PM Reply

I think awesome tracks cannot define by scores. Jealous people is always around. A lot of pieces in AIM truly open my mind.


The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 12:20 PM Reply

I'm gonna do the opposite, Start something called boosting. Where i'll give people random 5's ;)


BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 12:52 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 12:20 PM, PeterSatera wrote: I'm gonna do the opposite, Start something called boosting. Where i'll give people random 5's ;)

Pure genius. Anyways, I have 1 song, 1 half-song, and all approvals now. Made some equalizers as well ;D


http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 12:20 PM, PeterSatera wrote: I'm gonna do the opposite, Start something called boosting. Where i'll give people random 5's ;)

Can I do the same?


The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 11:27 AM, Deshiel wrote:
At 5/28/13 09:48 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

Every contest submission of mine starting from Dreams of Splendour was downvoted to this score (3.something). But I think everyone will know a piece for what it's worth, especially if it's in the list of contest submissions. : )
Lol all of my recent stuff was downoted into 3 aswell.
What the boo is going on? :P

Heh, I couldn't care less. I imagine when I submit my work for this contest (which will be in June), my word, I'm going to see quite the scene with the ratings.


AMDG ✝

Blank slate, with no project files from years past to base oneself on.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 01:04 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
Lol all of my recent stuff was downoted into 3 aswell.
What the boo is going on? :P

haha guys, like I said, don't worry about the ratings, it's all about the quality! I still think scores should be based on review scores and take away the number voting system so if people don't leave reviews, they can't vote, I don't see any flaws there.

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

Since I have until the 22nd, I'm taking my sweet, sweet time on this.

Doesn't hurt that I'm hosting a contest...

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 07:27 PM Reply

This might have already been answered, but what if the CC license of the image does not allow derivative works?


BBS Signature
Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 07:33 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 07:27 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: This might have already been answered, but what if the CC license of the image does not allow derivative works?

I just realised how stupid this sounded.

Nvm, its late where im at :/


BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 11:03 PM Reply

I would just like to remind everyone, the songs you submit can NOT be something you worked on before the contest, it has to be something you started when it started. I caught one song that was submitted that had been worked on months before, though I won't mention which one.

People, PLEASE let the artwork inspire you, you can easily do it!

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 28th, 2013 @ 11:25 PM Reply

At 5/28/13 11:03 PM, RealFaction wrote: People, PLEASE let the artwork inspire you, you can easily do it!

Ok... so... This means I can submit Yin? It was inspired by artwork.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 03:33 AM Reply

At 5/28/13 09:00 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 5/25/13 01:52 AM, Bosa wrote: Sorry, guys. This contest is already over. I have stepped into the arena and I am a mighty man. Even paragroinx9 bows before me, so maybe you all will go ahead and forfeit and let me win yes?
Fuuuuu...dge.

Quality > Quantity, yes?


http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 03:33 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
At 5/28/13 09:00 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 5/25/13 01:52 AM, Bosa wrote: Sorry, guys. This contest is already over. I have stepped into the arena and I am a mighty man. Even paragroinx9 bows before me, so maybe you all will go ahead and forfeit and let me win yes?
Fuuuuu...dge.
Quality > Quantity, yes?

I'm afraid that Bosa has 'fudged' on both Quality and Quantity. You are free to check out his music, to see for yourself.


The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 04:07 AM Reply

At 5/28/13 11:25 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/28/13 11:03 PM, RealFaction wrote: People, PLEASE let the artwork inspire you, you can easily do it!
Ok... so... This means I can submit Yin? It was inspired by artwork.

It was also made before the contest, rules say ya gotta make it after the contest starts, sorry! But i really do love that piece. It would be awesome to hear you make another piece of beautiful music :)

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 04:10 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 04:07 AM, RealFaction wrote: It was also made before the contest, rules say ya gotta make it after the contest starts, sorry! But i really do love that piece. It would be awesome to hear you make another piece of beautiful music :)

Ok... sooo... what you're saying is... I need to bribe you with sex.

No one will ever know...

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 04:50 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 04:10 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Ok... sooo... what you're saying is... I need to bribe you with sex.

No one will ever know...

purgy, no.
purgy
don't pls

RF is MINE

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 04:59 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 04:50 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: purgy, no.
purgy
don't pls

RF is MINE

We shall see... I know RF's buttons... I'll push them if I have to.

Also, you missed out on your chance for Osu, turd... check the chat.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 05:13 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 04:59 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: We shall see... I know RF's buttons... I'll push them if I have to.

belly buttons don't count foo'

Also, you missed out on your chance for Osu, turd... check the chat.

internet died when I saw the chat, no suitable surface to put my mouse on making it move all over the god damn screen ('less you want me to use the touchpad) so...yeah

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 07:25 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 04:59 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
We shall see... I know RF's buttons... I'll push them if I have to.

O////o...oh boy....X_x

Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 07:35 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 05:13 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 5/29/13 04:59 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Also, you missed out on your chance for Osu, turd... check the chat.
internet died when I saw the chat, no suitable surface to put my mouse on making it move all over the god damn screen ('less you want me to use the touchpad) so...yeah

Osu? :D


http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 07:37 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 03:43 AM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 5/29/13 03:33 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
At 5/28/13 09:00 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 5/25/13 01:52 AM, Bosa wrote:
Fuuuuu...dge.
Quality > Quantity, yes?
I'm afraid that Bosa has 'fudged' on both Quality and Quantity. You are free to check out his music, to see for yourself.

I think his music is good, but I've heard better. It's not like it's sure he'll win.


http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 07:40 AM Reply

Quality > Quantity, yes?
I'm afraid that Bosa has 'fudged' on both Quality and Quantity. You are free to check out his music, to see for yourself.
I think his music is good, but I've heard better. It's not like it's sure he'll win.

(Not like there are 17 winners or anything, yes?)


http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 08:21 AM Reply

Ive been pretty impressed by the entries so far. The last one is great by motakay.


BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 5/28/13 09:00 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 5/25/13 01:52 AM, Bosa wrote: Sorry, guys. This contest is already over. I have stepped into the arena and I am a mighty man. Even paragroinx9 bows before me, so maybe you all will go ahead and forfeit and let me win yes?
Fuuuuu...dge.

What page were you on? I don't find him on all, score, etc the same.


http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 29th, 2013 @ 10:29 AM Reply

At 5/29/13 07:35 AM, Seth8001 wrote: Osu? :D

we should probably continue this line of conversation via PM

yes, me and @Back-From-Purgatory (who will be referred as Purgy McTsun-tsun~~ from here on out) play Osu!. we'd occasionally host sessions and posting details on Purgy McTsun-tsun~~'s forum