New Topic Respond to this Topic
JaxChords
JaxChords
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 03:04 AM Reply

Is there a time minimum, and on that note, is there also a time limit.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 03:06 AM Reply

At 5/14/13 06:32 PM, EbonHawk7X wrote:
not trying to be a dick just acknowledging a technicality - anyone in this contest can actually use artwork without needing the artist's permission if they choose (although I would advise against it if they tell you not to, because seriously don't be a douche-bag. Personally I would give them a heads up when you use it anyway because it's always nice to know people like your stuff and want to use it).

Oh...hmm :/. Well still though, in the rules of this contest you have to ask the artist because of that reason you mentioned, i want every artist to know and i dont really want it to be against their will, so it's actually based on the rules of this contest. Thanks for clearing all that up though, but yeah i think what the guy meant was is the song still yours, and it is :), though I did learn something, thanks.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 03:08 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 03:04 AM, JaxChords wrote: Is there a time minimum, and on that note, is there also a time limit.

Shoot...I originally had a time minimum and maximum but I forgot to put it down, sorry! However, I recommend the minimum be 3 minutes, and the maximum 8 minutes.

Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 04:05 AM Reply

At 5/14/13 02:51 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Progress: Lyrics have been written. Provisory tune being written in my head, I may want to put this down in OneNote later. Trying to decide on instrumental parts, and I don't want this to sound like a replica of my Sleep Wrapped in Love cover, since I have a tender song in mind.

Lyrics? You're singing? Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 04:22 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 04:05 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
At 5/14/13 02:51 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Progress: Lyrics have been written. Provisory tune being written in my head, I may want to put this down in OneNote later. Trying to decide on instrumental parts, and I don't want this to sound like a replica of my Sleep Wrapped in Love cover, since I have a tender song in mind.

I've been singing for almost every contest entry since last year's NGADM... But honestly, I do enjoy singing, and I want to share that voice as much as I can. <3

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 06:35 AM Reply

At 5/14/13 06:31 AM, Seth8001 wrote: Anyone want to make a preview thread where we share work if we want to?

We've got a facebook for progress stuff. It's a bit quiet right now but the more people the better it'll become.

At 5/15/13 01:14 AM, Elitistinen wrote: Got permission for this
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sunshaft/virus

Take your time dude, i see that you already have your tune up. I think this goes for everyone. At least give yourself a day in between of making it and submitting. listen to it with fresh ears then if you can truly say its worthy of, then submit. You're going to get a lot of people on this, so you need to make sure your track beyond unbelievable.

For instance, I'm just playing with sound now, trying themes. Getting a feel for it, trying things and disregarding them, some things I've kept. Listening to music which is also fitting for the art is inspiring too. Sometimes I spend 4 or 5 hours just playing about, setting up a scene ready for that right sound and composition. In other words, don't rush it. It's not a race.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 07:01 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 06:35 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
We've got a facebook for progress stuff. It's a bit quiet right now but the more people the better it'll become.

Did you make your own? there's already a facebook for A.I.M. as mentioned in the post...i mean i really dont recommend sharing work because people could steal it and i mean i guess i dont see a point of another facebook...not to sound weird or anything i guess it bother me a little. You can if you want but i mean the inspiration is coming from the artwork and people could steal ideas, i just got a bad feeling...

:Take your time dude, i see that you already have your tune up. I think this goes for everyone. At least give yourself a day in between of making it and submitting. listen to it with fresh ears then if you can truly say its worthy of, then submit. You're going to get a lot of people on this, so you need to make sure your track beyond unbelievable...don't rush it. It's not a race.

^--- Very wise advice here as mentioned before , take your time everyone, you have 3 chances to submit, don't waste your first attempt so early. You can if you want to but I would suggest taking at least a week on your submissions, but be free to do as you will, I wish you all good luck.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 07:03 AM Reply

and i failed to quote that lol sorry.

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 07:27 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 07:01 AM, RealFaction wrote: Did you make your own? there's already a facebook for A.I.M. as mentioned in the post...i mean i really dont recommend sharing work because people could steal it and i mean i guess i dont see a point of another facebook...not to sound weird or anything i guess it bother me a little. You can if you want but i mean the inspiration is coming from the artwork and people could steal ideas, i just got a bad feeling...

I made it a while ago but not for AIM for general people to get feedback on tracks, apologies, I wasn't aware there was an AIM facebook. I agree I don't recommend sharing full work at this point, or massive chunks. Stealing ideas can be quite hard. It's like me trying to a carbon copy of a Hans Zimmer track. It's pretty hard, but I understand why you may be apprehensive and agree clips should be hesitantly shared.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 07:54 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 07:27 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
I made it a while ago but not for AIM for general people to get feedback on tracks, apologies, I wasn't aware there was an AIM facebook. I agree I don't recommend sharing full work at this point, or massive chunks. Stealing ideas can be quite hard. It's like me trying to a carbon copy of a Hans Zimmer track. It's pretty hard, but I understand why you may be apprehensive and agree clips should be hesitantly shared.

yeah, it was mentioned in the other thread. But ah i see i see, but its a good idea for musicians but for this contest it's perhaps not the best, i know some people like to cheat the easy way out and half ass things, it's a precaution. But I believe in all you guys to do your best and only rely on yourself and the artwork/artist that inspired you :) don't feel unsure guys, go full force and reach to the sky! I might sound crazy, I'm not high I promise. Heh, good luck guys!

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 08:38 AM Reply

I got the greenlight from this amazing relatively unknown artist named NArtificial (please check him out, he deserves)

• Grim
    Grim by NArtificial

This is a Grim reaper concept I did for educational purposes. I learned alot on this one, Its crazy _________________________...

Score
    4.833333333 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Good luck guys!

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 09:09 AM Reply

I've asked if I could base a song on this work of art:

• Temple Distraught
    Temple Distraught by Captain-Carrion

Flying in a cave.

Score
    4.612903226 / 5.00
    Type
    Pixel Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

I hope I'll get a green light. Or at least an orange.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 09:57 AM Reply

Man...I am seriously loving all these art pieces you guys are putting up here, I actually have seen a couple of them before, but some of them i havent. Glad to see you guys got permission to use these beautiful pieces for the contest, this is going to be awesome hearing musical interpretations of them :)

MDavidJohnson
MDavidJohnson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 10:29 AM Reply

I'm still gonna enter, but I will just say this much. Seeing as how I'm a rapper/producer, but speaking from a rapper's point of view:

It's really saddening that this is a "no collab" thing, and for two reasons. One, because I'm a rapper, a lot of rappers simply can't produce instrumentals or have the knowledge to. Luckily, I can make at least something listenable as far as a beat goes. Two, it sounds really funny collaborating with another rapper for this competition, I was hyped, until I found out I couldn't.

I get why, but I'm just saying, itd be cool if collabs were allowed. I'm still gonna enter nonetheless, because its a refreshing idea for a competition. Just thought I'd leave my two cents.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 04:22 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/15/13 04:05 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
I've been singing for almost every contest entry since last year's NGADM... But honestly, I do enjoy singing, and I want to share that voice as much as I can. <3

Well I enjoy singing too and will be utilizing my voice in my entry as well! Guess I could have been doing that for other previous contest entries too...no matter! I'm going to try! May the odds be ever in your favor! Exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 11:20 AM, ZipZipper wrote: Well I enjoy singing too and will be utilizing my voice in my entry as well! Guess I could have been doing that for other previous contest entries too...no matter! I'm going to try! May the odds be ever in your favor! Exclamation point!

Well to be fair, you did sing for Dreams of Splendour right?

Also, thanks~

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 11:45 AM Reply

Small note: DIBS
DIBS DIBS DIBS

http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 5/15/13 11:38 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Well to be fair, you did sing for Dreams of Splendour right?

Also, thanks~

That didn't count because no one really cared ahahaaaa!!! <3

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 5/15/13 05:18 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 5/15/13 11:38 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Well to be fair, you did sing for Dreams of Splendour right?

Also, thanks~
That didn't count because no one really cared ahahaaaa!!! <3

I am someone and still i cared! xD
Its actually in my favorites list!

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

i've finished my piece (i think), but i don't have access to file currently.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF F

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2013 @ 06:34 AM Reply

At 5/15/13 08:10 PM, DivoFST wrote:
At 5/15/13 05:18 PM, ZipZipper wrote: That didn't count because no one really cared ahahaaaa!!! <3

As it is in mine. I liked it a lot.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2013 @ 08:45 AM Reply

At 5/16/13 06:34 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/15/13 08:10 PM, DivoFST wrote:
At 5/15/13 05:18 PM, ZipZipper wrote: That didn't count because no one really cared ahahaaaa!!! <3
As it is in mine. I liked it a lot.

Same here. I added that song by Zipper to my favourites immediately. Even wrote a comment.
Btw I sang in my Dreams of Splendor entry as well.

Also, I now have the go ahead for this:

• Temple Distraught
    Temple Distraught by Captain-Carrion

Flying in a cave.

Score
    4.619047619 / 5.00
    Type
    Pixel Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 12:16 AM Reply

Almost done with the composition process and my submission is a beast. Prepare to be obliterated. >:)

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 05:49 AM Reply

At 5/17/13 12:16 AM, BlazingDragon wrote: Almost done with the composition process and my submission is a beast. Prepare to be obliterated. >:)

Not if I can help it! >:D

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 5/17/13 12:16 AM, BlazingDragon wrote: Almost done with the composition process and my submission is a beast. Prepare to be obliterated. >:)

Bwahahahaha, you haven't heard mine yet. (of course, I haven't heard mine yet either so at the moment I'd be totally smashed)

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 08:05 AM Reply

Almost done with the planning process and my submission is a cute little bunny.

Crap.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 01:41 PM Reply

At 5/17/13 08:05 AM, Step wrote:
Almost done with the planning process and my submission is a cute little bunny.

Crap.

Awwww, a cute little bunny! :D :D :D Can I cuddle it? Please?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 04:40 PM Reply

I've noticed people are submitting so early, guys take your time theres a lot of weeks! No worries! Also if the artists dont respond, be patient, give them a few days! This stretches till the 22nd of June so no worries guys, put your heart into it!

Nimble
Nimble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Well I got the go ahead to interpret these two pieces, since I liked them so much;

• forest
    forest by WiZBiN-Yoshi-1

forest

Score
    4.200000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • cold outpost
    cold outpost by WiZBiN-Yoshi-1

A speedpainting

Score
    4.450000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Go time.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 17th, 2013 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 5/17/13 08:05 AM, Step wrote: Almost done with the planning process and my submission is a cute little bunny.

Crap.

A cute little bunny? I can't wait to hear what you make based on that! Kudos on the challenging subject matter.