SpinWires
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 08:34 PM Reply

Oh mannn...

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!!

We're having practice tonight and I'm bringing over a piece Poliip just uploaded less than a week ago. (still have to ask her permission, but I'm sure she'd be down, a few months ago she let use an older piece of art for our EP cover). This will be a a funny way to pay her back and I'm sure if we offered to split whatever prize we win, she'd agree to it. Probably going to be a upbeat/funny song about putting off work. Just you know, This piece of art is now taken!

A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread

Pop Punk blended with Dance Rock, Garage Rock and New Wave. Voted Buffalo's #1 Band.

BBS Signature
Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 08:34 PM Reply

Yea just in case someone tries to do it again, I already have the OK from FallenBane <3 She's mine bitches.

BBS Signature
SpinWires
SpinWires
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 08:34 PM, SpinWires wrote: Oh mannn...

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!!

We're having practice tonight and I'm bringing over a piece Poliip just uploaded less than a week ago. (still have to ask her permission, but I'm sure she'd be down, a few months ago she let use an older piece of art for our EP cover). This will be a a funny way to pay her back and I'm sure if we offered to split whatever prize we win, she'd agree to it. Probably going to be a upbeat/funny song about putting off work. Just you know, This piece of art is now taken!

Shoot I have a question regarding the contest....I just read the rules and it says no collaboration. I play in a three piece band and that's how we write and record songs. We use one user-account...can we still do this? I mean we're really "One Music Artist" because we're a band. No one would consider Daft Punk two Music Artists because their the same group and submit and publish music as such, right?

If not, I'll just write the song myself and record all the instruments but it's gonna be a lot more fun and better to do it as a band. Please let me know asap!

Pop Punk blended with Dance Rock, Garage Rock and New Wave. Voted Buffalo's #1 Band.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 10:15 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 12:14 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/12/13 11:41 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 5/12/13 11:38 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: People are going to be so busy what with another contest which is starting in 4 days.
Hold on a minute, this is going to be hilarious. So many people are going to use a piece of artwork for this other contest as their inspiration because it'll just fit. :3
Exactly why NO ONE should miss out on this contest. It's too easy to fib a submission. Just fucking do it and make sure to say a few things about how much you love the "source material." Even if the artist is chosen as an after thought it's still incredibly respectful to look into the work of artists other than yourself.

This is a fail proof contest.

Yeah if you choose an art piece dont half ass it, put your heart into it, let it be something that truly inspires you and really show the artist how much you love the art piece by saying so :) it'll make their day!

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 12:53 PM, Quarl wrote: someone do a rucklo song plz.

Well the songs have to be mainly inspired by the art piece. Gah i know i didnt put no covers or remixes, but it does say the inspiration mainly comes from the art piece, so that says enough I'd think lol. Hopefully Rucklo will be somewhere in sight of this contest if he chooses to join though :)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 10:17 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 02:07 PM, DivoFST wrote: I think ill try something :D
The contest is great, has awesome prizes (not that im gonna win them but sitll...oasis effect xD), great theme and the video is a really nice touch :)
Good luck everyone and congrats to RealFaction and everyone involved!

Hey you never know! Have confidence, but more importantly, have fun :) even if you don't win it's still gonna be lots of fun! Thank you, good luck!

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 03:16 PM, ksthultz15 wrote:
At 5/12/13 02:03 AM, RealFaction wrote: This is the discussion thread for the A.I.M. Audio Contest! Feel free to talk about the contest if you have any questions, concerns, or talk about whatever really! :)
Hey there, When I upload my 3 songs, do i still retain the copyright license? Cause I know for some music contests, once you upload the music, it is no longer yours. So when I enter, I am still the owner of the songs, right?

Pulsonik

Did you read the newgrounds creative commons license? Yes you own the rights, thats what protects you on newgrounds :) it's good, people can ONLY use the song with permission by asking. Trust me, even after the songs get on the album they're still yours as credit is given. No worries! :)

HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 08:53 PM, SpinWires wrote:
Shoot I have a question regarding the contest....I just read the rules and it says no collaboration. I play in a three piece band and that's how we write and record songs. We use one user-account...can we still do this? I mean we're really "One Music Artist" because we're a band. No one would consider Daft Punk two Music Artists because their the same group and submit and publish music as such, right?

I don't think it matters, although I'll let the Fulp and RealFaction have the final call on it.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 11:41 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 08:15 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: I'm absolutely going to do this, for one... and for another:

Are we allowed to request instruments from other musicians or would that be considered a "collab"?

As long as you're playing the instruments then that is ok, but they can't be playing it.

I play in a three piece band and that's how we write and record songs. We use one user-account...can we still do this? I mean we're really "One Music Artist" because we're a band.

Yes, a band counts as one artist, collabs count as two seperate artists working together, so you can do it :). I guess I should've made that clear lol but yes your band can play, thats not a collab :)

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 12:07 AM Reply

At 5/12/13 11:41 PM, RealFaction wrote: As long as you're playing the instruments then that is ok, but they can't be playing it.

Crap.

Guess I can't use camoshark vst... :( Darnit, those horns sound so realistic and awesome and jazzy.

...also I guess I can't get really good orchestral instruments either. Poo.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 12:07 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 5/12/13 11:41 PM, RealFaction wrote: As long as you're playing the instruments then that is ok, but they can't be playing it.
Crap.

Guess I can't use camoshark vst... :( Darnit, those horns sound so realistic and awesome and jazzy.

But I said you can use them if you play or manipulate them. Sorry for the confusion, thats digital stuff though, you can use vsts and stuff, i just said even. I'm talking as long as you manipulate those instruments, you can use stuff as long as they arent copyrighted. For example, VSTS ARE ok. It may confuse some people but FL studio vsts and stuff are allowed to be used.

I thought you meant real instruments like you can't have a friend collab with you, but if you sample vsts from a program thats fine.

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 12:21 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 12:16 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 5/13/13 12:07 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
Crap.

But I said you can use them if you play or manipulate them. Sorry for the confusion, thats digital stuff though, you can use vsts and stuff, i just said even. I'm talking as long as you manipulate those instruments, you can use stuff as long as they arent copyrighted. For example, VSTS ARE ok. It may confuse some people but FL studio vsts and stuff are allowed to be used.

I thought you meant real instruments like you can't have a friend collab with you, but if you sample vsts from a program thats fine.

Oh sorry, that was a joke. "camoshark vst" just refers to camoshark since I practically use him and his buddies as an automatic-brass-solo VST. lol.

I'll use all my own instruments, don't worry.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 01:41 AM Reply

PM'ed an artist, awaiting his reply. His piece is probably the best bet I can get for now.

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 01:41 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: PM'ed an artist, awaiting his reply. His piece is probably the best bet I can get for now.

UPDATE: callmedoc has agreed to let me use his piece, Worlds Apart. I'm excited :D Plus this will allow me to dedicate my piece of music to someone I love.

• World's Apart
    World's Apart by callmedoc

PLEASE TAKE LINK FOR FULL AFFECT AND MUSIC http://sheezyart.com/art/ view/2458436/ There was a void to which emptiness was t...

Score
    4.625000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Fine Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 02:51 AM Reply

THanks for hosting the contest. Might take part if I find time

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 03:55 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 02:00 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
UPDATE: callmedoc has agreed to let me use his piece, Worlds Apart. I'm excited :D Plus this will allow me to dedicate my piece of music to someone I love.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/callmedoc/world-s-apart

aww thats awesome :)

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 04:49 AM Reply

At 5/12/13 06:28 PM, Quarl wrote: Damn. I just spent an entire day trying to figure out how to contact this artist only to find out that Harlock already got the permission.

Your so dead to me now harklops. so ded.

That's actually a good point. Is it to the artist discretion whether he or she allows the possibility of multiple songs to a single art piece? If this gets as big as I think it should be, we could see duplicates of art choices.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 05:10 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 04:49 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
That's actually a good point. Is it to the artist discretion whether he or she allows the possibility of multiple songs to a single art piece? If this gets as big as I think it should be, we could see duplicates of art choices.

Well originally i should have put that as a rule...but i forgot to. I really thought things over thoroughly but I guess i forgot about that, not sure if it can be helped now but I guess it's up to the artist now, I'm hoping the artists only allow one song lol. It would definately help the chances if it isn't the same art piece, now im beating myself up for forgetting to put that there xD

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 05:18 AM Reply

i asked, i got
azelinus agreed to let me make a track inspired by one of his art pieces "Flame Man"

• Flame man
    Flame man by azelinus

Score
    5.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

ForgottenDawn
ForgottenDawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 08:30 AM Reply

Got the okay from 1600, so I'm ready to work.

• Lurking
    Lurking by 1600

He's screwed

Score
    4.445512821 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Do your best, everyone.

loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art \sig.gif

BBS Signature
ksthultz15
ksthultz15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 10:30 AM Reply

Did you read the newgrounds creative commons license? Yes you own the rights, thats what protects you on newgrounds :) it's good, people can ONLY use the song with permission by asking. Trust me, even after the songs get on the album they're still yours as credit is given. No worries! :)

Awesome!! Unless you are already doing this, do you think you could mail a copy of the compilation album to the winners?

FL Studio 10 | Mixxx | Novation Launchpad S
M-Audio Axiom 49 2nd Gen | M-Audio Fast Track C400 | Behringer CMD MM-1
Sony MDR-7506 | Two Kustom PA-50s

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 10:30 AM, ksthultz15 wrote:
Awesome!! Unless you are already doing this, do you think you could mail a copy of the compilation album to the winners?

as mentioned in the submission post, it will be FREE and on bandcamp available for download and streaming, when the winners are announced, im going to post the winners, and the link to the bandcamp where the album can be found.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 10:38 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 5/13/13 10:30 AM, ksthultz15 wrote:
as mentioned in the submission post, it will be FREE and on bandcamp available for download and streaming, when the winners are announced, im going to post the winners, and the link to the bandcamp where the album can be found.

Out of curiosity: Can we make it a charity thing? Like, we can ask the people to name their price (and they can download it for $0.00), but whatever proceeds we get from this thing, could this be given to a charity?

Because the last charity project that I know we were involved in, the NG CD Project 2012.... well, I haven't heard much news about it for a long time, and I don't know if the album's going up at all.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 10:55 AM Reply

Well, if we're all posting our okays from artists, I got the okay from EchoCharlieDelta, actually for the use of any of his pieces, but I think I'm going to choose the one I initially was going with:

• Madness of Men
    Madness of Men by EchoCharlieDelta

I can finally release this piece; It was published in the Melbourne Creative Network Magazine #2 (oddly enough the launch wa...

Score
    4.617647059 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

We also had some very long, deep thought PMs about his works and I fell in love.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 10:49 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
Out of curiosity: Can we make it a charity thing? Like, we can ask the people to name their price (and they can download it for $0.00), but whatever proceeds we get from this thing, could this be given to a charity?

Well i don't know a charity to give it to that would relate to this, i figured if it would be for that it's best to plan ahead. I'm planning a few months or so from now to do another version of this contest for a "volume 2" album, it'll be the same competition kind of only with a twist, but that's down the road. I could try for charity then in that competition, guess i didn't think of it this time around, it's a good idea though definately :).

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 11:08 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 5/13/13 10:49 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
Well i don't know a charity to give it to that would relate to this, i figured if it would be for that it's best to plan ahead. I'm planning a few months or so from now to do another version of this contest for a "volume 2" album, it'll be the same competition kind of only with a twist, but that's down the road. I could try for charity then in that competition, guess i didn't think of it this time around, it's a good idea though definately :).

The last time we had a choice between Oxfam, Save the Children and a few others, but there was also Music for Therapy (which wound up being the charity of choice for the NG CD Project 2012).

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 11:17 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 11:15 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

:The last time we had a choice between Oxfam, Save the Children and a few others, but there was also Music for Therapy (which wound up being the charity of choice for the NG CD Project 2012).

That actually sounds like it's up my alley for a competition like this, next time around we totally should do that. I wonder why theres been no news on the 2012 cd :/ thats kinda fishy. Well whether it was sincere or not, I'm honest, so if I'm going to do something, I will if I know I can handle it.

SpinWires
SpinWires
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 11:41 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 5/12/13 08:15 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: I'm absolutely going to do this, for one... and for another:

Are we allowed to request instruments from other musicians or would that be considered a "collab"?
As long as you're playing the instruments then that is ok, but they can't be playing it.

I play in a three piece band and that's how we write and record songs. We use one user-account...can we still do this? I mean we're really "One Music Artist" because we're a band.
Yes, a band counts as one artist, collabs count as two seperate artists working together, so you can do it :). I guess I should've made that clear lol but yes your band can play, thats not a collab :)

Excellent, we started writing something and should hit the studio with it in a couple weeks. We are gonna hit this full force and come up with something really catchy.

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 02:36 PM Reply

I've got these 2!
Given permission by 1600
Given permission by Undeadkitty13
Started on Vesuvios, I'm gonna make a story around it while listening to the music. :D
Also, big up to DJ Pulsonik for helping me get 3 AWESOME plugins!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread May. 13th, 2013 @ 02:41 PM Reply

I have permission to use this. MUHAHAHAHAH
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/xephio/cnyght?context=ratings:etm.search:cnyght.offset: