New Topic Respond to this Topic
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:05 AM Reply

Yeah, that's a pain in the ass when that happens. I get even more uninspired when I start a track, and then just become put off it half way through. I wanted a few tracks before I submitted, but i thought, F it and submitted the one that I had so far.

Why not submit at the end? Then no-one will know what you have until right before the deadline

http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.

anthonyloprimo
anthonyloprimo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:32 PM Reply

Thanks for scouting, RealFaction!

I do have a question though - I noticed you posted about doing another contest later on. Are there restrictions to anyone that won in this contest? For first place? Second? Runners-up?

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:53 PM Reply

After days and days of searching I finally got permission to use this:

• windy
    windy by Mudvein

I've been feeling really cold lately here's a quicky

Score
    4.600000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

I'll probably get to work on it later because I'm a lazy bastard.

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 01:53 PM, Braiton wrote: After days and days of searching I finally got permission to use this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mudvein/windy
I'll probably get to work on it later because I'm a lazy bastard.

That looks neat.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 12:32 PM, anthonyloprimo wrote: Thanks for scouting, RealFaction!

I do have a question though - I noticed you posted about doing another contest later on. Are there restrictions to anyone that won in this contest? For first place? Second? Runners-up?

You're welcome. Also, absolutely not! That would be really bad if we restricted anyone haha, anyone can enter except us judges. :)

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 07:58 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: No, even my small pair isn't working. All three headsets (two which I used as fail-safes) aren't giving any sound... Plus I have one of these low-key Nokia phones, where the headset jack is smaller than the standard PC jack, so I can't use that.

Mysterious powers at work here to make sure you don't join.. ;) Alright...who has the voodoo doll?!

At 6/2/13 08:05 AM, Seth8001 wrote:
Yeah, that's a pain in the ass when that happens. I get even more uninspired when I start a track, and then just become put off it half way through. I wanted a few tracks before I submitted, but i thought, F it and submitted the one that I had so far.
Why not submit at the end? Then no-one will know what you have until right before the deadline

If i waited to the end, i'd hate it to the point where i'd not submit it at all. If i hold onto a track too long, it never gets uploaded.

looks at large unused folder.

Sigh...

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 06:09 PM, PeterSatera wrote: If i waited to the end, i'd hate it to the point where i'd not submit it at all. If i hold onto a track too long, it never gets uploaded.
looks at large unused folder.
Sigh...

Thought you had a project for unused tracks.

BBS Signature
Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:56 PM Reply

Hello, you bunch of freakazoids. I have a question (if this has been answered already, then feel free to bugger off): I'm planning on creating a piece for one of Alvin Hew's works. We aren't able to talk on Newgrounds that much, but we do communicate on Facebook quite often. Do you all need proof that I've been given permission to use his piece for inspiration? I'll have to figure out a way to do so via Facebook (maybe a screenshot or something).

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 09:56 PM, Bosa wrote: Hello, you bunch of freakazoids. I have a question (if this has been answered already, then feel free to bugger off): I'm planning on creating a piece for one of Alvin Hew's works. We aren't able to talk on Newgrounds that much, but we do communicate on Facebook quite often. Do you all need proof that I've been given permission to use his piece for inspiration? I'll have to figure out a way to do so via Facebook (maybe a screenshot or something).

As long as he is a newgrounds artist and it's an art piece in the NG art portal and you have his permission you're fine.

Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 10:28 PM, RealFaction wrote: As long as he is a newgrounds artist and it's an art piece in the NG art portal and you have his permission you're fine.

Thank you for making things easier, lol. I've put it in my schedule to create something for this contest this month, so I'm definitely going to try my best to get something produced before the deadline. Appreciate you hosting this contest, RealFaction.

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:57 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 10:48 PM, Bosa wrote:
At 6/2/13 10:28 PM, RealFaction wrote: As long as he is a newgrounds artist and it's an art piece in the NG art portal and you have his permission you're fine.
Thank you for making things easier, lol. I've put it in my schedule to create something for this contest this month, so I'm definitely going to try my best to get something produced before the deadline. Appreciate you hosting this contest, RealFaction.

Awesome :) thanks, it's been a real honor to have Tom's trust to have this as a front-paged contest, and it's been really fun! For the past year I've had this idea for music but I never imagined it would become a contest until I got the idea for it and it's turned out better than I imagined! It's amazing what people have come up with so far, I've heard some amazing entries!

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:46 AM Reply

At 6/2/13 11:57 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 6/2/13 10:48 PM, Bosa wrote:
Awesome :) thanks, it's been a real honor to have Tom's trust to have this as a front-paged contest, and it's been really fun! For the past year I've had this idea for music but I never imagined it would become a contest until I got the idea for it and it's turned out better than I imagined! It's amazing what people have come up with so far, I've heard some amazing entries!

Yeah this is fun. Joking around with the other contestants while secretly poisoning thier food. I'm having a blast!
But its quite sad that every entry in this contest gets zerobombed by some guy/group nearly every day.
It realy makes me wonder who's behind it.

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 05:03 AM Reply

At 6/2/13 06:16 PM, SourJovis wrote: Thought you had a project for unused tracks.

I do, but there's too many of them to upload, and some are really old and crap.

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 05:13 AM Reply

At 6/3/13 04:46 AM, Deshiel wrote:
Yeah this is fun. Joking around with the other contestants while secretly poisoning thier food. I'm having a blast!
But its quite sad that every entry in this contest gets zerobombed by some guy/group nearly every day.
It realy makes me wonder who's behind it.

It's probably because some of them 5 upvote their work if they're doing that, I know a thing or two of what not to do to draw zero bombers. Talking about it just draws them more. If they want to be petty and feel the need, it doesn't even really matter because this contest isn't based on score, as I've mentioned millions of times xD.

We should all know by now, reviews count, and the scores in the audio portal are unfair opposed to the flash portal. Scores get you noticed but there's other ways as well. I had an intriguing idea for an animation involving a nazi-like general sending out troops in planes with a zero painted on the sides, dropping bombs on Audio Portal HQ, and the Tankmen take evasive action. Could be an interesting parody, it's a topic that hasn't been animated yet, which I'm surprised. I wish I could animate :(

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:10 AM Reply

At 6/3/13 05:13 AM, RealFaction wrote:

We should all know by now, reviews count, and the scores in the audio portal are unfair opposed to the flash portal. Scores get you noticed but there's other ways as well. I had an intriguing idea for an animation involving a nazi-like general sending out troops in planes with a zero painted on the sides, dropping bombs on Audio Portal HQ, and the Tankmen take evasive action. Could be an interesting parody, it's a topic that hasn't been animated yet, which I'm surprised. I wish I could animate :(

Now that sounds cool.
Whhat about making the inhabitants of the HQ wear T-shirts with numbers ranging from 1 to 5. The guys with 1-4 on thier shirts will run around trying to hidebut the guys with a golden 5 will try to assist the tankmen! :D

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 07:10 AM, Deshiel wrote:
Now that sounds cool.
Whhat about making the inhabitants of the HQ wear T-shirts with numbers ranging from 1 to 5. The guys with 1-4 on thier shirts will run around trying to hidebut the guys with a golden 5 will try to assist the tankmen! :D

Haha yes! xD

newslav
newslav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:01 PM Reply

I have a question. I already submitted an entry. Can I modify it before the deadline? I would like to do some minor changes. Is it possible?

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 04:01 PM, newslav wrote: I have a question. I already submitted an entry. Can I modify it before the deadline? I would like to do some minor changes. Is it possible?

Well you already submitted it but TECHNICALLY you can submit up to 3 times, so if you made another version of it, it would count as your next submission, so yeah technically you can :)

newslav
newslav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 04:34 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 6/3/13 04:01 PM, newslav wrote: I have a question. I already submitted an entry. Can I modify it before the deadline? I would like to do some minor changes. Is it possible?
Well you already submitted it but TECHNICALLY you can submit up to 3 times, so if you made another version of it, it would count as your next submission, so yeah technically you can :)

So TECHNICALLY :) I have to make a whole new submission with a modyfied version (like a second song, except it's basically the same one) or can I just simply modify my existing project? (I should wait a little with it, but was so eager to show it :)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 04:44 PM, newslav wrote:
So TECHNICALLY :) I have to make a whole new submission with a modyfied version (like a second song, except it's basically the same one) or can I just simply modify my existing project? (I should wait a little with it, but was so eager to show it :)

Yes, like a version two of the same song submitted as a second song. But like i said, take your time, first week people were submitting so early xD but we got till a few weeks, take your time until you're fully satisfied with it, that will show better results, trust me.

newslav
newslav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 06:06 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 6/3/13 04:44 PM, newslav wrote:
Yes, like a version two of the same song submitted as a second song. But like i said, take your time, first week people were submitting so early xD but we got till a few weeks, take your time until you're fully satisfied with it, that will show better results, trust me.

Thank you so much for your advice, but you know I would like only to my best attempt to be out there. So what should I do? Should I delete the previous submission or it's against the rules? I was foolish to submit so early, but the artist which art I made my music to was so eager to hear it that I submitted too early (I don't blame her, it was my fault). I worked too hard in such short notice that I didn't give enough attention to one of my instruments. I just want to adjust my violins so they don't sound so crappy and all (I used vst & soundfont in flstudio) Sorry for trouble. I'm a beginner and I just want my work to sound perfect.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 06:39 PM, newslav wrote:
etc etc etc

You don't have to delete it, nothing you did was against rules as far as I've seen, just submit the modified version as a second version and you're good :)

newslav
newslav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 06:58 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 6/3/13 06:39 PM, newslav wrote:
etc etc etc
You don't have to delete it, nothing you did was against rules as far as I've seen, just submit the modified version as a second version and you're good :)

I think you misunderstood me. Can i delete it during the contest and still be able to compete with my newly uploded version, or is it not possible and I have to be stuck with two versions submitted? Sorry for nagging so much.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 07:06 PM, newslav wrote:
I think you misunderstood me. Can i delete it during the contest and still be able to compete with my newly uploded version, or is it not possible and I have to be stuck with two versions submitted? Sorry for nagging so much.

It's like I said, you have to submit it again, don't delete the other one. Once something is submitted here, it can't be changed (in this contest), it counts as a submission.

newslav
newslav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 07:13 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 6/3/13 07:06 PM, newslav wrote:
It's like I said, you have to submit it again, don't delete the other one. Once something is submitted here, it can't be changed (in this contest), it counts as a submission.

Ok, It looks like i misunderstood you :) Thanks for your help. I hope you like my masterpiece hehe :]

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 07:19 PM, newslav wrote:
Ok, It looks like i misunderstood you :) Thanks for your help. I hope you like my masterpiece hehe :]

Anytime.

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2013 @ 04:48 AM Reply

At 6/3/13 07:26 PM, RealFaction wrote:
Anytime.

I was slightly worried that he'll burry you in questions lol

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2013 @ 02:28 PM Reply

At 6/4/13 04:48 AM, Deshiel wrote:
At 6/3/13 07:26 PM, RealFaction wrote:
Anytime.
I was slightly worried that he'll burry you in questions lol

Psshh be nice xD I'm happy to answer concerns and questions, that's part of why this thread exists :P. Even if someone asked why is the sky blue, if they were serious, I'd answer!

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2013 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 08:05 AM, Seth8001 wrote:

Hopefully, if my headset arrives on time, I'm going to do just that.

At the moment, the lyrics are ready, the main melodical hook is ready, the ending is ready, and all I need to do is just put it down to FL Studio when I get my headset. Oh, and record the bodhran and vocals <3

AMDG ✝

Blank slate, with no project files from years past to base oneself on.

BBS Signature
Seth8001
Seth8001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to A.i.m. Contest Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2013 @ 07:45 AM Reply

Any ideas with how to stop musician's block?
I'm done with one song though, it's awesome :D
Especially the second part, like 14 channels.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Seth800 1 <- my youtube.
I also go by the alias LifeHaax.