Respond to this Topic
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Best of April 2013 May. 11th, 2013 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Dang, I don't have a favorite game, but here's my favorite movie.

• Geek Love
    Geek Love by icklejennywren

JeNBOT's emotion core is malfunctioning and she is chock full of pixelated geek love

Score
    4.33 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Best of April 2013 May. 13th, 2013 @ 09:43 AM Reply

At 5/10/13 02:13 AM, VicariousE wrote: For a good long while, the "Classic" Portal, was the main area of activity here. By side-lining that page, new and old users alike can't get a grip of the incoming action, unless they go to that page. Maybe by reordering the drop-down menus, and lowering the amount of views/votes, we can deal with the overly casual user.... those dabblers of already rated content ._.

That's sort of a misconception though - while the Judgment process was working better before the 2012 redesign, the "Portal" page was steadily declining in visits. To new internet users, GAMES and MOVIES had meaning they understood, but "Portal" meant nothing, and "Flash Portal" translated as "page for an outdated, dying format that isn't nearly as exciting as all the other shiny new things on the web". So even if we had kept the "Flash Portal" button in the nav, the traffic would have continued to decline - probably exponentially over this past year due to the dramatic exponential shift that is happening - and we would likely be in the same situation we are now with the judgment process going too slow.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Best of April 2013 May. 15th, 2013 @ 04:23 AM Reply

Congrats to all the winners!

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Clatform
Clatform
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Best of April 2013 May. 15th, 2013 @ 06:07 AM Reply

Wow, my stupid April Fools game actually got 5th place. Is this some kind of joke or something?

BBS Signature
Gamepopper
Gamepopper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Best of April 2013 May. 16th, 2013 @ 06:40 AM Reply

Out of curiosity, how is the TouchJam judged? Is it by star rating or panel of judges kind of thing?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Best of April 2013 May. 16th, 2013 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 5/16/13 06:40 AM, Gamepopper wrote: Out of curiosity, how is the TouchJam judged? Is it by star rating or panel of judges kind of thing?

It's judged by NG and the guys from Scirra (Construct 2 devs) provided their top three, which has become the official top three. Right now the remaining winners are still being pondered over in the NG office, it's hard to finalize these things.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature