Insanical
Insanical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
insanicals art 2013-05-07 12:09:58 Reply

Well long time no see NG.
It's been quite awhile since I've been properly active on this site and I miss it. Badly. So I'm back. I don't know if anyone will remember me, looking at the sidebar of posters the only person I can remember is TurkeyOnAStick, don't even know if he'll remember me haha.
I've spent the last 5 years doing fuck all with my life and about 6 months ago I had to move back home with my parents. Fuckin' sucks.
Anywho, I've been helping my little sister with her art coursework for school and have been getting the urge to draw again so I ransacked my room trying to find my tablet.
It's been 3 years since I've drawn anything and about 5 years since I've done any digital work (The last time I was in the Art forum) but despite not doing anything I've somehow improved way more than the crap I used to do.
I was originally going to draw Ryan Gosling in Drive but then I decided to draw someone who's hotter than hot, he's hot HOT HOT!!! :)
That fucking afro was a bitch. It's the first time I've ever used Photoshop (Was devoted to Paint Shop Pro and Corel Painter but I'd have to learn everything again so I thought why not start with the best?) and I fucking love it. Only thing is I'm not sure how to stop the streakiness of the skin. All I used was the normal circle brush and I don't think it works too well with skin. Any tips? I did figure out how to make my own brush though (which is how I finally done the afro after the 20th attempt).

But yeah, very proud of this, probably the best thing I've ever drawn but it still feels as if there's something missing and I'm not sure what. Any ideas? Also what do you think of the BG colour and font? I wasn't too sure about it.

Thanks. :)

Bonus game: 1 internet cookie goes to the first person to find the hidden penis in the leopard print.

PS. Yes I am that immature. You try tediously drawing leopard print without automatically drawing a cock. It's fucking impossible.

PPS. Just so you know, don't expect regular updates, I'm extremely fucking lazy and never know when I'll start drawing but I've got tons of ideas for the next few pieces and I'm really excited to draw them so hopefully it'll be soon :)

insanicals art

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to insanicals art 2013-05-07 12:13:48 Reply

At 5/7/13 12:09 PM, Insanical wrote: Well long time no see NG.
I don't know if anyone will remember me, looking at the sidebar of posters the only person I can remember is TurkeyOnAStick, don't even know if he'll remember me haha.

Yeah, 'course I remember. I had to click on the thread to double-check you were the same guy!
Haven't read through the rest of your post, but I'll pop you some feedback later.

In any case, hello!

BBS Signature
Insanical
Insanical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to insanicals art 2013-05-07 12:17:52 Reply

At 5/7/13 12:13 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Yeah, 'course I remember. I had to click on the thread to double-check you were the same guy!
Haven't read through the rest of your post, but I'll pop you some feedback later.

In any case, hello!

Woah that was quick. But YAY! And holy shit you're a moderator now? Nice one. I'm just about to leave so I won't be able to reply to any feedback till I get home but thanks in advance :)

BBS Signature