RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Artwork for Contest and Album May. 7th, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

Greetings, artists! I am soon thisSunday May 11th going to be holding an audio contest (but the contest relates to art inspiration), and I need artwork for the contest's facebook page, and an upcoming video. If it fits, could possibly be used as an album cover too. The contest is called: A.I.M. (Art-Inspired Music). Basically, a contest about making music inspired by artwork here on Newgrounds!

I'm looking for background art to put text over basically, something even yet atmospheric that describes the passion for art and music. Preferably, the text I will put over it is going to be white or light blue. You will be mentioned in the contest and honored, even featured in the announcement video! 1 week may be short term, but i think it can be done.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you passionate artists come up with! This audio contest is about art appreciation. :)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Artwork for Contest and Album May. 7th, 2013 @ 01:02 AM Reply

The contest will be held here on newgrounds but i figured that would be obvious.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Artwork for Contest and Album May. 7th, 2013 @ 10:10 AM Reply

At 5/7/13 01:02 AM, RealFaction wrote: The contest will be held here on newgrounds but i figured that would be obvious.

Not to me at least, since you need art for a facebook page. But thanks for clarifying.

Could you provide any size requirements for either the facebook page, the album cover or the video? I would like to try to do something worth looking at, but 4 days is really short and I am slow and lazy. So... no promises. :P

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Artwork for Contest and Album May. 7th, 2013 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 5/7/13 10:10 AM, Luwano wrote:
At 5/7/13 01:02 AM, RealFaction wrote: The contest will be held here on newgrounds but i figured that would be obvious.
Not to me at least, since you need art for a facebook page. But thanks for clarifying.

Could you provide any size requirements for either the facebook page, the album cover or the video? I would like to try to do something worth looking at, but 4 days is really short and I am slow and lazy. So... no promises. :P

Cool :) thanks! Well the profile picture has to be 180 x 180, and the bigger scaled picture 851 x 315. Good luck! I look forward to seeing it, you have a good collection of art :)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Artwork for Contest and Album May. 8th, 2013 @ 07:33 PM Reply

As of recent, Tom decided he's gonna post about the contest on the front page on Sunday so there will be good exposure for you as well :) I'm excited for this.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Artwork for Contest and Album May. 12th, 2013 @ 06:50 PM Reply

RealFaction has started the A.I.M. contest in the audio forum today.

I managed to get something done in time. In the process I created a handful of brushes for GIMP that spawn mucial notes or keys at different angles. If anybody is interested in them or knows how to convert them into Photoshop brushes, please let me know.

Artwork for Contest and Album

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Artwork for Contest and Album May. 12th, 2013 @ 06:54 PM Reply

Also... icon:

P.S.: Splatter brushes created by SparklingTea over at dA and converted by Project-GimpBC.

Artwork for Contest and Album

BBS Signature