New Topic Respond to this Topic
NAVeX-Sniper
NAVeX-Sniper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Artist
Does this look any good? May. 5th, 2013 @ 02:41 AM Reply

Or realistic enough? This is the sword of the main character from the anime Sword Art Online. I modeled this in 3Ds MAX and for some reason I don't think I'm making this look "real" enough. Any experts who can help? I've been working on this thing for about a week.

• Sword Art Online: Elucidator
    Sword Art Online: Elucidator by NAVeX-Sniper

I liked Kirito's swords in Sword Art Online so I had to make one and share it with someone. The Dark Repulser is my favoured ...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

BBS Signature
ArkKay
ArkKay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Does this look any good? May. 5th, 2013 @ 07:00 AM Reply

At 5/5/13 02:41 AM, NAVeX-Sniper wrote: Or realistic enough? This is the sword of the main character from the anime Sword Art Online. I modeled this in 3Ds MAX and for some reason I don't think I'm making this look "real" enough. Any experts who can help? I've been working on this thing for about a week.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/navex-sniper/elucidator

my reccomendation is to add more color and texture. I see only flat black and shiny white. Real objects are not perfect, so the texture needs imperfections. Also add more colors becuase that lets us differentiate the parts of the sword. The difference doesn't have to be huge.

NAVeX-Sniper
NAVeX-Sniper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Artist
Response to Does this look any good? May. 6th, 2013 @ 11:49 PM Reply

my reccomendation is to add more color and texture. I see only flat black and shiny white. Real objects are not perfect, so the texture needs imperfections. Also add more colors becuase that lets us differentiate the parts of the sword. The difference doesn't have to be huge.

I tried to make the black parts reflect the light better but it the materials even with edited wouldn't work. Maybe it's because I'm still not as proficient with 3Ds MAX as I like to be. I rendered a new picture so see how it looks.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/333d3408ce15b7c125301649 e2ba88b0

BBS Signature