Be a Supporter!
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 12:51 PM Reply

i remember people talking of more upload sites, i mean newgrounds is awesome and all (and ill keep uploading music here dont worry, love this place) but i want to put my music on more sites so could someone of you name the one(s) that are most likely to have exposure on? (no social media sites btw, i dont do facebook/twitter, i mean something concentrated on music soley)

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:08 PM Reply

Soundcloud.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 01:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Soundcloud.

ahh yes that was the one i was wondering about, thanks.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:23 PM Reply

the larger one will forever be youtube, IMO.
there's also bandcamp

SUCK MY KICK

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 01:23 PM, Lachi wrote: the larger one will forever be youtube, IMO.
there's also bandcamp

Not necessarily; it depends on where the majority of the fanbase that listens to/looks for songs like ours will be. For some it's YouTube; for me it's NG (strangely enough!)

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:26 PM Reply

there's also bandcamp

If yt had a music only upload then yes i would agree but i have to make a video everytime wich due to me not having proper media for it always results in a decline in the sound quality and its a huge timewaster to render.

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:28 PM Reply

currently uploading my 'the machine' and 'back to the machine' chiptune opera albums to soundcloud anyway.
ill leave it at that to see what happens for a bit. (ha, a pun)

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 01:26 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
there's also bandcamp
If yt had a music only upload then yes i would agree but i have to make a video everytime wich due to me not having proper media for it always results in a decline in the sound quality and its a huge timewaster to render.

True that. Unless you have lyrical songs you'd like to share and you display them on the video itself instead of using a still image (like what I often used to do). Or alternatively: you could wind up with something like this... which takes effort but is rewarding. : )

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 01:28 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/4/13 01:26 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
there's also bandcamp
True that. Unless you have lyrical songs you'd like to share and you display them on the video itself instead of using a still image (like what I often used to do). Or alternatively: you could wind up with something like this... which takes effort but is rewarding. : )

dear lord thats brilliant xD

why have i never thought of something like that lol, maybe ill do something like that sometime for my The timecrafter series. (although thats going to take a year at the least to pull haha)

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 01:51 PM, Calamaistr wrote: dear lord thats brilliant xD

why have i never thought of something like that lol, maybe ill do something like that sometime for my The timecrafter series. (although thats going to take a year at the least to pull haha)

Not necessarily: this one took me a day or two only. All you need is PowerPoint (with well done transitions/animations and the right slide width/height), screen capture software (I use CamStudio) and Windows Movie Maker and you're good to go!

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Genclops
Genclops
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 02:44 PM Reply

Definitely soundcloud. There are networks of people in every subgenre that will let you network through their pages/playlists.

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 02:44 PM, Genclops wrote: Definitely soundcloud. There are networks of people in every subgenre that will let you network through their pages/playlists.

noticed it, my album-set uploads are a success so far ;)

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to widen exposure. May. 4th, 2013 @ 10:42 PM Reply

How come I made a soundcloud and it's not poppin like everyone else's????

because you suck, bitch

BBS Signature