LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Seperate Unison Plugin? May. 4th, 2013 @ 12:36 PM Reply

Basically I'm trying to recreate some Virus-like Supersaw sounds on Adam-Szabo's J6PK plugin with the aid of a few other effects like Phazor and I was wondering if there is a separate plug-in which can add Unison to the sound that you are playing?

I already use Gladiator2's Unison stacks for Saws and the Unison & Detune in VIROLOGY but I love the J6PK alot and I am surprised that it didn't have a Unison mode built in with it. Just wondering if there is anything out there which would allow me to achieve Unison through a seperate plug-in?

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Seperate Unison Plugin? May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:12 PM Reply

I'm not familiar with any of the plugins you mentioned but I can tell you that if you have three saw oscillators and fine tune them a bit you can get a similar supersaw effect.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Seperate Unison Plugin? May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:17 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 01:12 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I'm not familiar with any of the plugins you mentioned but I can tell you that if you have three saw oscillators and fine tune them a bit you can get a similar supersaw effect.

JP6K has two Oscillators which create the Supersaw sound (Upper & Lower). What I want is to add Unison to the current Supersaw sound. I have played around and I can kind of achieve a Unison-like effect with a Chorus plug-in but it isn't that fantastic.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Seperate Unison Plugin? May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:36 PM Reply

You can find chorus modules that sound similar but the actual mechanism is impossible to recreate in real time with a separate plugin if you think about it.

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Seperate Unison Plugin? May. 4th, 2013 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 5/4/13 01:36 PM, Buoy wrote: You can find chorus modules that sound similar but the actual mechanism is impossible to recreate in real time with a separate plugin if you think about it.

I'm just playing around with Bluecat's chorus at the moment and with some fiddling I can 'roughly' get what I want. I'll look into some other chorus plug-ins to see If I get any better luck. Thank you anyway.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Seperate Unison Plugin? May. 4th, 2013 @ 09:36 PM Reply

layer two or more instances of the synth together and change the detuning/octaves between them

p.s. i am gay