New Topic Respond to this Topic
JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
My art thread, yay! 2013-05-04 07:26:06 Reply

Hello people of newgrounds, I make art and whatnot.
I draw characters and stuff like that, my style is cartoonish.
You can view my art here, ye can gimme some feedback and watch me improve.
I'll try to upload here as often as I can, but I am a busy man so I won't be uploading a shit ton of art straight away.
I hope you like the drawings I create,
Jay

My art thread, yay!

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-04 09:00:51 Reply

OI!
Welcome to the Art Forum. Its always a pleasure to have fresh blood around.

Some times the forum moves a tad slow, and it might be days to get a response, but don't be discouraged, even if people aren't saying anything, I can assure you that we are watching... closely... very closely

Very....
*heaving breathing*

Er... yeah. So keep posting. What you have up at this very second is alright, very smooth and reminds me of Edd's World. That being said, I think you could improve a bit on the line weight. You'd be surprised how much more dynamic something becomes with just some badass line weight.

So Whats your preference when it comes to tools? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's vector based with that sexy clean line work you got there. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Also do you draw and sketch more traditionally? If so, please upload those. If anyone else here is even remotely like me, we enjoy the process just as much, if not more, than the final piece. Getting to see inside your head through your process is a great way to have us and you help catch mistakes early on and its a less messy way to get to see your brain work than actually track you down, tranq uoir ass and then use a saw... that second way just cost way to much.

Also post a variety. Cartoons are fun and all, we all like a good laugh, but post some life drawing as well, some exercises and some realism. Having that diversity in your thread will help bring attention, views and comments. Cause lets face it, we're all attention whores deep down, yep.

So I have wasted enough of your time tying here. So get to posting and have fun...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-04 09:18:05 Reply

At 5/4/13 09:00 AM, Kinsei wrote: OI!
Welcome to the Art Forum. Its always a pleasure to have fresh blood around.

Also do you draw and sketch more traditionally? If so, please upload those. If anyone else here is even remotely like me, we enjoy the process just as much, if not more, than the final piece.

Also post a variety. Cartoons are fun and all, we all like a good laugh, but post some life drawing as well, some exercises and some realism.

So I have wasted enough of your time tying here. So get to posting and have fun...

Thanks, I will upload some WIPs soon, I don't draw traditionally (outside school) because I like having the options to easily erase or adjust something.
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to add more line weight and expiriment with some diffirent styles.

JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-04 09:33:41 Reply

Here is the latest WIP, I call it : Major Brow.

If you have any feedback, feel free to leave it as a response :)

My art thread, yay!

JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-08 09:10:59 Reply

Wow long time since I uploaded something, here is another WIP, I will finish mayor brow asap.

My art thread, yay!

ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-08 14:45:38 Reply

At 5/8/13 09:10 AM, JurriaansArt wrote: Wow long time since I uploaded something, here is another WIP, I will finish mayor brow asap.

Your line art looks very clean and smooth. Nothing is really wrong with what you posted, but i'd try to make more expanded and detailed pieces. Even for cartoon type drawing, it needs some more work.

Anyway, i hope you continue drawing. Good luck mate!

JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-08 14:49:56 Reply

Your line art looks very clean and smooth. Nothing is really wrong with what you posted, but i'd try to make more expanded and detailed pieces. Even for cartoon type drawing, it needs some more work.

Anyway, i hope you continue drawing. Good luck mate!

Thanks, will do, next pieces will be more detailed!

JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-09 05:04:01 Reply

Here is a pixel character for an upcoming project. I know it is not the best but it is my first pixel character ever so, enjoy.

My art thread, yay!

LeffsHanid
LeffsHanid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-09 11:19:37 Reply

At 5/4/13 07:26 AM, JurriaansArt wrote: Hello people of newgrounds, I make art and whatnot.
I draw characters and stuff like that, my style is cartoonish.
You can view my art here, ye can gimme some feedback and watch me improve.
I'll try to upload here as often as I can, but I am a busy man so I won't be uploading a shit ton of art straight away.
I hope you like the drawings I create,
Jay

Have you ever made any animations before? Your style is perfect for that. You got nice clean line work here, throw in a little color, have a pie get thrown in someone's face, and you got a decent animation, lol. Its something to think about. Anyway, great cartoon style man, keep it up.

JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-09 12:00:51 Reply

Have you ever made any animations before? Your style is perfect for that. You got nice clean line work here, throw in a little color, have a pie get thrown in someone's face, and you got a decent animation, lol. Its something to think about. Anyway, great cartoon style man, keep it up.

Yeah I do animate actually, currently I am working on a series and some charaters for a game. I will make some animated sketches soon but right now I am too busy :)

JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-10 04:06:29 Reply

Here I am again and Mayor Brow is finally done!! I don't know why it took me longer than expected but anyway here it is.

My art thread, yay!

JurriaansArt
JurriaansArt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread, yay! 2013-05-18 11:15:23 Reply

Here is a new illustration I made

• Death: Teenage years
    Death: Teenage years by JurriaansArt

This is a little drawing I made, nothing too spectacular. Check out the Youtube version here:

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone