New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-02 20:16:06 Reply

Here's a crew to talk about SH in general. The BBC show, America's show, The RDJ movies, the old stories. Whichever you like.

JeremyLokken
JeremyLokken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-03 00:22:58 Reply

Lucy Liu! She has the face that can bring a man to humiliation. Am I in?

Rainbow Animations <-- for my website.

Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-03 00:45:12 Reply

At 5/3/13 12:22 AM, JeremyLokken wrote: Lucy Liu! She has the face that can bring a man to humiliation. Am I in?

Sure (even though Elementary is a horribly boring show).

ChaRee
ChaRee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-05 17:19:50 Reply

Have re-read most of the novels last month. Don't know what it is but it's always a collection of pieces and books that I can go back to about once or twice a year.

TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-05 23:28:20 Reply

the movies are pretty good, hopefully they make a new one.

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-09 14:09:25 Reply

So some fans on tumblr don't seem to understand that Moffat didn't write the season 2 finale.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-09 14:15:02 Reply

At 5/9/13 02:09 PM, Nebula wrote: So some fans on tumblr don't seem to understand that Moffat didn't write the season 2 finale.

People seem to think that because he runs the show he writes every little detail, the very same thing happens with Doctor Who all the time.

I guess Moffat is just a better surname to yell than Thompson.

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-09 17:47:00 Reply

Yeah i guess so.

Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-17 23:17:07 Reply

Thanks guys you me have to double post.

BTW, Benedict was good in Star Trek Into Darkness. That is all

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-20 19:46:28 Reply

At 5/3/13 12:45 AM, Nebula wrote:

I refuse to watch Elementary for many reasons, but I love the stories and the BBC show. The Guy Ritchie movies are pretty great but they're 2/3 action and 1/3 Sherlock Holmes when it ought to be the other way around.

Do we have any idea when the BBC show starts up again? I didn't catch on to it until probably the summer of 2012 and now I hunger for more.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-21 01:23:03 Reply

My dvd of Young Sherlock Holmes will arrive in the mail tomorrow.

Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-25 00:11:50 Reply

At 5/20/13 07:46 PM, Jester wrote:
At 5/3/13 12:45 AM, Nebula wrote:
I refuse to watch Elementary for many reasons.

I saw a clip of the episode Moriarty is in. Spoilers:The show is still dull as shit.

deathbymanga
deathbymanga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-05-26 11:09:55 Reply

At 5/9/13 02:15 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 5/9/13 02:09 PM, Nebula wrote: So some fans on tumblr don't seem to understand that Moffat didn't write the season 2 finale.
People seem to think that because he runs the show he writes every little detail, the very same thing happens with Doctor Who all the time.

This really grinds me the wrong way whenever i hear anybody assume that any project is a one-man deal. Writing anything? Almost ALWAYS there will be someone not you giving imput that will change the direction you were heading in. It's just that much more when dealing with such well known and publicly adored material like Sherlock or Doctor Who or Star Trek. And then comes people who go and blame one guy for a problem in a story, when he isn't the only person involved or at fault here. And really, i'm perfectly fine with Sherlock's death, why? because it is canon.

didn't Sir. conan Doyle try to kill of Sherlock holmes himself but the fans came in and wrote their own stuff? Sorry, but I only actually read Hound of Baskerville because it made reference to the Black Shuk, and the way the story was written was really offputting.

Are all Sherlock Holmes books written that way? With Watson telling us the stuff that happens and then Sherlock holmes jumping in at the last minute, with no real clues as to what was going to happen in the first place? I mean, i've read a few mystery novels in my day, and they always try to leave hints throughout the story to tell you what is going to happen, but in HoB? The story was very slow paced with almost nothing happening and even when Sherlock showed up, he was still just as slow paced as everyone else.

Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-06-07 21:36:05 Reply

Rising this baby back up to ask everyone how you think the next Sherlock episode will open.

I think Sherlock will just walk in, Watson will stand there stunned, and probably either hug him or yell at him or both.

deathbymanga
deathbymanga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-06-09 18:02:02 Reply

At 6/7/13 09:36 PM, Nebula wrote: Rising this baby back up to ask everyone how you think the next Sherlock episode will open.

I think Sherlock will just walk in, Watson will stand there stunned, and probably either hug him or yell at him or both.

I never actually read the books aside from baskerville, but if i had to guess, mine would be sherlock goes into hiding, solving cases all alone when he learns there are others just as dangerous as Moriarty. Not wanting to put any of his loved one's in danger, he goes underground, but then Watson gets a call from Irene Adler who tells him that Shelock is in trouble and that they need to save him

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-06-09 18:24:42 Reply

I've read A Study in Scarlet, now I'm reading The Sigh of the Four.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-06-12 14:21:21 Reply

At 6/7/13 09:36 PM, Nebula wrote: Rising this baby back up to ask everyone how you think the next Sherlock episode will open.

I can't imagine how Sherlock will reveal to Watson that he's alive, but I feel like season 3 will start sometime after season 2 with Watson having become engaged while Sherlock's living in secret trying to clear his name or working under an alias, occasionally stalking Watson dramatically like at the end of The Reichenbach Falls.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-06-12 14:52:53 Reply

Is this Sherlock show worth buying? I've never seen it, but it seems people really like it.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-06-12 15:17:37 Reply

At 6/12/13 02:52 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Is this Sherlock show worth buying? I've never seen it, but it seems people really like it.

It's a great show and every episode is over an hour, with 3 episodes in season 1 and 4 in season 2, so if you like it you'll definitely be getting your money's worth.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-06-12 16:00:19 Reply

At 6/12/13 03:17 PM, Jester wrote:
At 6/12/13 02:52 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Is this Sherlock show worth buying? I've never seen it, but it seems people really like it.
It's a great show and every episode is over an hour, with 3 episodes in season 1 and 4 in season 2, so if you like it you'll definitely be getting your money's worth.

There's only 3 in series 2 as well. Still definitely worth it, great endings to the finales but it's not so fun when you have to wait over a year for the resolution haha.

Serie's 3's nearly finished filming too- I think they're on the third episode now, so expect it by early 2014.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-07-19 16:03:46 Reply

Well damn PBS is gonna make American fans wait until 2014.

Nereus
Nereus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-07-21 15:37:45 Reply

At 5/26/13 11:09 AM, deathbymanga wrote: didn't Sir. conan Doyle try to kill of Sherlock holmes himself but the fans came in and wrote their own stuff? Sorry, but I only actually read Hound of Baskerville because it made reference to the Black Shuk, and the way the story was written was really offputting.

Conan Doyle did originally kill off Holmes (him plummeting to his death at the Reichenbach Falls with Moriarty), but due to all the fans being butthurt, he caved and brought him back

Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-11-09 15:14:35 Reply

So the 3rd season will premier in January.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-11-09 16:44:45 Reply

Here's what bothered me about how the last season ended. Moriarty had Sherlock discredited to everyone, including Watson. Except he has to know that Watson worked with Holmes in those provable government backed situations (hound of baskervilles) and he knows that Mycroft can confirm it because of course he knows Mycroft is Sherlocks brother seeing as Irine did. I get being a completest but Moriarty had to know Watson was too close to Sherlock to fool like that.
I get that Watson didn't buy into it, but it was played as a personal faith thing, not something he totally does have concrete evidence of.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Peony
Peony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2013-11-09 22:04:06 Reply

I haven't read any of the original Doyle stories, but I did get into the modern version with Cumberbatch's Holmes. I also liked the first two films, thanks to my sophomore class completing some special donation thing we got to sit in the auditorium and watch Sherlock Holmes for most of a day.

I've tried to start reading the original stories, but I'm not actually sure where to start. From what I gather, Sherlock Holmes is similar to the James Bond films, with one/most stories being independent of one another.

I would punch him in the face.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2014-01-01 18:50:26 Reply

Has anyone seen the first episode of season 3 of the BBC's Sherlock yet?

*POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW*

I gotta say, I'm really not happy with how they treated the "cheating death" mystery. It felt to me like they were just messing around with the fans again and didn't actually have an idea in mind. I understand that they'd keep it mysterious, but as far as I could see the twist is left unexplained with no actual answers or hints whatsoever. All they give is a few teasers just so the fans keep on guessing, which may be exiting for the fans but it leaves a huge, gaping hole in the plot.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good episode though.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2014-01-01 22:40:38 Reply

it kind of irritated me too because i recall that moffat and gatiss said they had a basic and satisfactory explanation planned out but ultimately, they didn't really deliver anything and left it intentionally open. i guess they were just trying to bring home the point that it doesn't matter how he did because he's alive

or maybe they realised that they'd probaby disappoint all of the theorycrafters out there and just left it open, or perhaps they'll revisit it later. but what they did show wasn't very sincere and came off as they were mocking the people who did put time into trying to figure out how it was done

fuck idk

though, i did particularly enjoy the scene with the moriarty x sherlock bit that was poking fun at THAT certain part of the fanbase

The Sherlock Holmes crew

hey

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2014-01-02 00:39:17 Reply

At 1/1/14 06:50 PM, Auz wrote: All they give is a few teasers just so the fans keep on guessing, which may be exiting for the fans but it leaves a huge, gaping hole in the plot.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, it's not like the details matter so much as that it happened. It's like the end of the Kids Next Door movie, it's more interesting (to some people) if it's left open-ended.

Just realized Lazarus was the guy whom Jesus brought back to life in the bible, duh.

SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2014-01-02 20:29:57 Reply

"A train car went missing in a super secret abandoned station that I only just now remembered existed even though you asked me about it earlier and nobody noticed but Sherlock Holmes" is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering this is the show that things the homeless are some sort of highly trained mercenary scouting organization, but still. Holy shit.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Sherlock Holmes crew 2014-01-02 21:10:32 Reply

Got around to watching the new episode late late last night and I must say it was pretty nice in a lot of ways but the explanation of the death like some of you have said was quite unsatisfactory.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature